Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Rainer1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:25 pm 

I'm planning to heading down south to Minnesota, North Dakota and maybe South Dakota for the coming week and I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what music stores to visit and if there are any places specializing in metal (especially places selling metal by bands local to the area).

Finally a heads up about any interesting shows in the area would be a big help.

Any other places that a metalhead should visit let me know.

Thanks,
Rainer1

ofstonewindandpillor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:00 pm 

I don't know much about stores in that area, but if you happen to be in St. Paul on Monday the 7th, the Minnesota Metalfest will be at Station 4. Atheist and Gnostic (who share 3 members with Atheist) will both be playing along with a bunch of other bands I either haven't heard of or don't care much for. Ticket prices are a bit high, as it's an all-day event, but if you haven't seen Atheist on tour this summer, this is your chance.

EOS666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:02 pm 

Rainer1 wrote:
I'm planning to heading down south to Minnesota, North Dakota and maybe South Dakota for the coming week and I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what music stores to visit and if there are any places specializing in metal (especially places selling metal by bands local to the area).

Finally a heads up about any interesting shows in the area would be a big help.

Any other places that a metalhead should visit let me know.

Thanks,
Rainer1

I live in mineesota and sorry to say there is no "metal" stores around, there used to be earl roots store but that is obviously gone now. There is a punk/hardcore store called Extreme Noise in saint paul i believe that has some random metal but personally i dont go much because I am not a punk or hardcore guy at all.

As for metalfest it will be a grand time and you should totally go. I am going for Novembers Doom and Atheist and they are 2 of the last 3 bands playing.

maggotcrusher666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:16 pm 

Extreme Noise does carry a bit of black, death, thrash, classic and crossover. Its definitely more of a punk store though so don't expect too much. Not too psyched about the lineup for Minnesota Metalfest myself but its worth going to support the fest either way.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.