Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:15 pm 

I know it's kind of old news nowadays, but the original line-up of Baekdoosan is touring once again and recently put out a new album!

It has some re-recorded songs as well as new ones, and they sound just as good as they always did...now with a production that does them some justice. Yu Hyeon-Sang now has over 20 years as a producer under his belt and can finally make his own band sound as good as they should, although his high notes are pretty much shot. Kim Do-Gyoon still has licks up his sleeve, and still can play.

I'm glad this original line-up is back, after that slight stint with death/thrash the band had. We get more of the heavy metal with hard rockish moments and Judas Priest-influenced speed metal numbers ("The Moon on the Baekdu Mountain" is fucking awesome..

They were one of the pioneers of the Korean metal scene, but they were here and gone so quickly.

http://www.myspace.com/baekdoosanmetal

Hopefully, the line-up sticks around...I'd like to see them perform.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.