Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
probert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:24 pm 

@legionvomit

whats wrong with reissuing great albums with the cooperation of the band? as for not doing any work, you obviously dont know how putting out a record works. do you think you sit there and etch the sound into the vinyls yourself? of course there is people who do the graphic designs, layouts, mastering, printing the jackets etc for labels but the label head coordinates all that and deals with the finished product/cash/promotion. it is sort of like a producers role in a movie. dont underestimate the importance of supplying the money which you seem to look down on. that is the be all and end all. you seem bitter.

~Guest 3496
Exterminator 666 Does Not Answer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:59 pm 

The whole "Von Music Group" thing reeks of a scam. Until some real definitive proof emerges that all this bullshit is a legitimate venture, I'm not believing a word of it, and I don't think the site should reflect the claims made by whoever is doing this. I deleted the alleged Satanic demo and added a warning to the page about updating it with VMG information.

If this is real, it's an incredibly lame and corporate-seeming way (contacting Warner, really?) to go about cashing in on the band's cult status. The guy claiming to be Veinen is completely trashing the band's name with this drama and branding crap.

NWN! is a good label. The current releases like Dead Congregation, Ignivomous, Noctural Graves, etc. are usually pretty good. I appreciate the high quality of the releases, though the obsession with packaging seems kind of superficial. Some of the "get everything done on the heaviest stock possible" mentality doesn't make sense to me. I don't care for the "die hard" trend, but I can live with it unless someone puts bonus music with the die hard version only. Then I get a bit pissed. NWN! does this rarely, though. Oh, and the "only analog is real" posturing is dumb.

LEGIONvomit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:09 am 

probert wrote:
@legionvomit

whats wrong with reissuing great albums with the cooperation of the band?

- absolutely nothing. but when your labels best selling records are re-releases, it kinda says that your label is shit otherwise -

probert wrote:
as for not doing any work, you obviously dont know how putting out a record works.

- really?!?!? i thought everytime someone bought him a bowl of duck sauce, a record would magically appear -

probert wrote:
do you think you sit there and etch the sound into the vinyls yourself?

- of course. ...& when it rains, i think its actually a bunch of aliens pissing on us -

probert wrote:
of course there is people who do the graphic designs, layouts, mastering, printing the jackets etc for labels but the label head coordinates all that and deals with the finished product/cash/promotion. it is sort of like a producers role in a movie. dont underestimate the importance of supplying the money which you seem to look down on. that is the be all and end all.

- all he does is pay the band, pay the record maker, the jacket maker. he doesnt really do promotion EXCEPT on his OWN forum [ ...maybe 1 or 2 others ], but thats it. he gets other people to do the layouts for him... infact, not sure if he even pays them in cash or just a copy or 2 of the release. like i already mentioned, he asks people from his forum to provie pics, interviews, etc... -

probert wrote:
you seem bitter.

- no, not at all. i just dislike people that think just because they re-release a bands recording, they are the "end all, be all" of the metal scene. plus, his "die-hard" releases are strictly made for ebay with the extra shit in them. plus, in a way, hes basically saying "if you want this extra shit & hear the extra bonus tracks [ ie: BLASPHEMOPHAGHER ], you have to buy the diehard". what kind of bullshit is that?!?!? why not just have the bonus tracks on the regular release also?!?!? plus, he signed them because they made a song "Nuclear War Now", plus, they have a BLASPHEMYish sound -

- i think the way the finished product comes out looks great, by no means im a knocking the people that do the work there, but, fuck that yellow bastard for taking so much credit for everything & he does VERY little outside of paying the main people -

- lets see, what are his real "money makers"... BLASPHEMY, MASTERS HAMMER, MYSTIFIER, ORDER FROM CHAOS, ROOT, SARCÓFAGO, VON. hhm... all "cult" bands that he KNOWS will sell -

BESTIAL SUMMONING / http://bestialsummoningdesecration.webs.com/

BLASPHEMY / http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/

UNHOLY ARCHANGEL / http://unholyarchangelworship.webs.com/

probert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 am 

you sound incredibly naive but thats fine. keep on keepin on.

Olias
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:20 am 

VONPROPERTIES wrote:
VON and all its members/lineup to include: Von aka Goat, Venien, Vennt aka Snake and Kill aka Joe Allen are in talks to release music with many different distributors including Warner's distribution. VON is a band, Von Music Group is VON's Independent Record Label, and Von Properties L.L.C. handles all business affairs and all the members are part of it. The "issues" with NWN are currently being discussed between NWN and Von Properties L.L.C. to see if there are any agreements and issues to resolve if at all possible. VON will also be working with many bands and artist that have now and in the past shown interest in their music as well. We will keep you posted in the weeks to come.

There are no tricks, scams, mystery, just plain old band that wants to give their fans what they want.

The band would like to also state that they love the support and interaction when it comes to their music and hope to give the fans the VON music that they deserve.

when the fuck did a necroblasphemickvltasfuck band start rambling on like a bunch of faggot fuckers who listen to amy winehouse and shit. If this is what you've become, then fuck off. We know you are a fake and if you aren't, then chances are Jay Z is going to be a guest on the "new album" anyway. Seriously. If it is you, let us be happy with the demos, so promptly fuck off.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:22 am 

i love this post on the VMG myspace:

Quote:
Von Properties L.L.C. and VMG Presents the official VON Online Open-Video Auditions. Guitarist and drummers can upload to the VON open-video audition page, their audition videos to become a new member of the band VON. These videos will be hosted on groups page on vimeo.com/groups/von.

Male or female musicians may participate in the audition to be able to be chosen to record music for a new VON project produced by Von Properties/VMG and distributed by Warner Music Group. VON is actively searching for drummers and guitarists for recording session in 2009.

it's just such an obvious forgery, really

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

probert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:31 am 

yeh the "warner music group" bit is the cherry on top.

actually, i think VON is pretty overrated (though i do own a satanic blood angel diehard, yeh yeh). but i understand the influence and historical value of course.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:06 am 

This thread has been fairly civil so far, let's try to keep it that way.

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:37 am 

I'm a bit confused. Who is Venien? He's not on the page at all and I can't find any evidence that there was ever any guy by that name in the band at all. Maybe I missed the discussion, but what the hell is going on?

~Guest 123274
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:37 am 

This whole thing is nauseating. Really, this 'Von poster' seems about as fake as it can get. And why would any member of the band register an account to come on here and try to argue this obvious scam when it would be better to either give some definitive proof or to fuck off with this jewish nonsense.

On the slim chance that this is legit, it's fucking lame as hell. Seriously. Cult demo band goes corporate, eh? This reeks of someone trying to drag the band's name through the mud, more than anything.

nnnn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:46 am 

the reek of bullshit can be smelled from miles away. the fact that some of you guys even consider buying into this shit is laughable. this von music group guy is obviously a fudge packing wigger trolling a bad joke. just let this shit die on its own.

Speedmetalcrustpunk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:33 am 

The fact that they're holding open tryouts for the band like some kind of fucking black metal american idol just makes this all the more funnier. I wish I could get a hold of some of the tapes that idiots have probably sent in already and just laugh for days. This has got to be some of the weirdest shit Ive ever heard about a band in my life.Wow and the whole Warner Music Group thing too lol I hope they score a deal with Target soon too so we can get satanic blood beach towels and matching sun dresses.

DocNoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:46 am 

Speedmetalcrustpunk wrote:
The fact that they're holding open tryouts for the band like some kind of fucking black metal american idol just makes this all the more funnier. I wish I could get a hold of some of the tapes that idiots have probably sent in already and just laugh for days. This has got to be some of the weirdest shit Ive ever heard about a band in my life.Wow and the whole Warner Music Group thing too lol I hope they score a deal with Target soon too so we can get satanic blood beach towels and matching sun dresses.

.....and toilet seats and stair lifts :lol:. I can't say I've heard much of Von's stuff, but this facade is more transparent than... well a transparently thing. I mean why would a band who've only really released a demo about 20 years ago suddenly have contact with Warner (unless someone's been sending someone some nude polaroids :thinking:, heheh sorry I've probably destroyed more of the band with that thought :lol:). I think whoever is behind this quite a sad individual with too much time on his/hers hands or just somebody who's trying to rib Von fans.

Catachthonian
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:40 pm 

LEGIONvomit wrote:
probert wrote:
@legionvomit

whats wrong with reissuing great albums with the cooperation of the band?

- absolutely nothing. but when your labels best selling records are re-releases, it kinda says that your label is shit otherwise -

It doesn't, actually. If something gets re-released, it's usually a well-known and popular (in the mainstream or in the underground, it doesn't really matter) band's recording, so it's rather logical that such re-releases sell much faster than new albums by obscure bands. The "multiple die-hard editions" thing is really annoying, though.

Olias
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:34 pm 

I think its hilarious that if you go look at the picture section of VMG, it says "company logo". I have a hard time processing a band like Von referring to themselves as a company.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2