Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
okram_09
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:57 am 

What do you guys think of the two new recorded Autopsy songs for the re-release of Severed Survival? Apparently the re-union doesnt stop there either, i heard that they're possibly continuing as Autopsy, once again..

I really liked these new recorded songs, but do you think they'll pull it off being a full time band again? I was never a big fan of Abscess, and am wondering if they're just going to play under that style again, just under the Autopsy name.

What is your take on Autopsy now?

hellhippie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:14 am 

Anything released under the Autopsy name absolutely rules (yes even shitfun has grown on me ) . I love the new 7" also . I actually heard from a reliable source that they are playing Maryland next year so we'll see . Severed Survival Has always and will always be one of the greatest death metal albums I have ever owned and immediately cemented Autopsy's place firmly on the very top of the food chain . ( i also think this topic has been discussed before ) when Horrific Obsession was released .
Demons, devils, dark spirits
From church horror tales
The hordes of dead roar...

orphy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:50 pm 

They ARE in fact confirmed for MDF 2010, I can't fucking wait to see them.

The thing about Autopsy is those guys have never really fucked off from the music scene, they've always been writing harsh underground music. That being said, if they did reunite for an album, I'd be all for it, because it'd probably be raw and dirty like Autopsy should be.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:05 pm 

Autopsy is always going to be one of the top death metal bands in my books. I've enjoyed pretty much everything they have released even the odd listen of Shitfun is a good listen once in awhile. And the new tracks i was pleased how they turned out because 1995 when they recorded to now is along gap but i think they pull it off on the 7" and have returned to the old great Autopsy. I look forward to hearing more and hopefully a new album!

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:55 pm 

I don't think they'll release a new album anytime soon. Reifert seems to be too busy releasing numerous splits with Abscess and he once said something like "no one gave a shit about Autopsy back then" or something like that. I think I read it on wikipedia, but didn't check the source.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:05 pm 

Wet Pussy wrote:
I don't think they'll release a new album anytime soon. Reifert seems to be too busy releasing numerous splits with Abscess and he once said something like "no one gave a shit about Autopsy back then" or something like that. I think I read it on wikipedia, but didn't check the source.

I've seen that quote as well but time will tell if they write a new album from the sounds of what the first post said they could well do just depends how well the gigs go next year i suppose.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:32 pm 

Wow, I can't wait for MDF 2010 now. Having Autopsy there will make it all worth it, AWESOME! :bow:

And I'd like to see Autopsy release a new album. I think they could pull it off, and I'd expect it would be more in the old school style if they ever did, but who knows.

MissxUndead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:02 pm 

Holy ChrisT Reifert!

I think the new Autopsy songs are GRRRRRRRREAT!!! There sumthin' new all the while still stickin' that old school feel. Autopsy is one of my favorite bands and I think everything Reifert has ever done is absolutely genius! I practically ran 10 laps around my house when I saw that they were gonna be at MDF!

As for them being a full time band again, I dont see why this isnt possible. In fact, they may have made us wait this long for a reason haha. And if they do make another Autopsy album, judging by those songs its gonna KILL!

TheDesolateOne
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:52 pm 

I think it was in an interview I found that they just got together and made two new songs released it and that is it. I think it is true what chris said. No one didn't give a shit about autopsy. plus autopsy was at the time where everyone was into possessed, death, and cannibal corpse and people believed autopsy was just some generic death metal band when they are not.

same goes for the black metal band Von. no one gives a shit about Von back then and now they do and joe allen is now in abscess.

aveks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:14 pm 

TheDesolateOne wrote:
same goes for the black metal band Von. no one gives a shit about Von back then and now they do and joe allen is now in abscess.

I was wondering why everyone was jocking the fuck out of the band all of the sudden. I kept seeing their merch and demos popping up everywhere.

Worth checking out or no?

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:20 pm 

aveks wrote:
TheDesolateOne wrote:

I was wondering why everyone was jocking the fuck out of the band all of the sudden. I kept seeing their merch and demos popping up everywhere.

Of course VON is worth checking out.

Can't wait to see Autopsy next year, although I'm looking forward to Melechesh more.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:23 pm 

aveks wrote:
TheDesolateOne wrote:

If you don't mind a bit of repetition.

zzerk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:56 pm 

Would you guys suggest getting the remastered version of Severed Suvival with all the bonus stuff or getting the original version?

TheDesolateOne
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:15 pm 

Von is worth checking out. The only reason there merch is everywhere because the nuclear war now label re-released there demos on double lp and cd in like 2004 and then re-re-released a couple months ago with die hard double lp that comes with patches, stickers, and all this shit. i think you can only get the cd because the dlp sold out like in less then a week. the audio is really low. not the best qaulity but still good stuff.

I have the severed survival with bonus tracks because that is what i could only find. the bonus tracks are alright from what i remembered.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:31 pm 

i personally got the 2003 reissue(at least i think it is the 2003 reissue) and its awesome. There is no reason to not own severed survival.

bsm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:03 am 

To me this is a band that I dont have to worry about dissapointing

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.