Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:18 pm 

halofighter92 wrote:
Well I guess I'm a clueless dumbfuck now, I suppose.

Thanks for clearing that up but seriously, don't be such a fucking cunt about it. If you're that offended by some ignorance then don't bother posting. I was aware with AOWTS.

It's in my nature to be a dick sometimes, but I usually try to be cordial. I apologize, but still, I figured the Mastodon thing was fairly common knowledge. One can't interpret tone through text, but I somehow got it in my head that you were dead confident in what you were saying, despite how wrong it was. And to be fair, you did kind of make it seem like you thought BtP was their first album, but that was just me jumping to conclusions again I suppose.

Like I said, I have no idea why that rubbed me in such a wrong way, but I'll stop being a baby now. Apologies once again.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:26 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
halofighter92 wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up but seriously, don't be such a fucking cunt about it. If you're that offended by some ignorance then don't bother posting. I was aware with AOWTS.

It's in my nature to be a dick sometimes, but I usually try to be cordial. I apologize, but still, I figured the Mastodon thing was fairly common knowledge. One can't interpret tone through text, but I somehow got it in my head that you were dead confident in what you were saying, despite how wrong it was. And to be fair, you did kind of make it seem like you thought BtP was their first album, but that was just me jumping to conclusions again I suppose.

Like I said, I have no idea why that rubbed me in such a wrong way, but I'll stop being a baby now. Apologies once again.

Yes, you two play nice. BastardHead was quite the DickHead and he apologized. Let's end it there. No one is perfect...not even BastardHead.

halofighter92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:49 am 

BastardHead wrote:
halofighter92 wrote:

Alright. Understood, its very hard to detect tone on the internet and that gets jumbled a lot(especially with the whole sarcasm thing). I know BtP wasn't there first and I just didn't know about the whole Mastodon thing. I'll need to get into that.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:53 am 

Skeletonwitch are easily one of the best bands to come out of the "thrash revival". it will be very hard to top Beyond the Permafrost, but either way im really excited
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:34 am 

gestapothrash wrote:
Skeletonwitch are easily one of the best bands to come out of the "thrash revival". it will be very hard to top Beyond the Permafrost, but either way im really excited

It really bothers me when people lump them into that whole revival idea. It IS possible to be a new thrash band and not be a revivalist.

I say this because I consider the revivalist bands to be the ones who go out of their way to prove that they are totally 80s and try to adhere to the early thrash formula to the T. Skeletonwitch has never done that, and doesn't sound anything like Merciless Death, Bonded by Blood, Fueled by Fire, Gama Bomb, et cetera anyways.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:54 am 

BastardHead wrote:
gestapothrash wrote:

It really bothers me when people lump them into that whole revival idea. It IS possible to be a new thrash band and not be a revivalist.

I say this because I consider the revivalist bands to be the ones who go out of their way to prove that they are totally 80s and try to adhere to the early thrash formula to the T. Skeletonwitch has never done that, and doesn't sound anything like Merciless Death, Bonded by Blood, Fueled by Fire, Gama Bomb, et cetera anyways.

Interestingly enough I think one of the thing that sets Skeletonwitch apart is their incorporation of elements older than thrash. There's undoubtedly NWOBHM influences mingling with modern extreme genres as well as thrash.

Check out Soulless if you haven't (the one from Cleveland). 'witch fans would probably dig it; considering the two reside in the same city I wish they'd play together more.

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:37 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
gestapothrash wrote:

Agreed 100%. They have also expressed some surprise at being lumped in with the movement. To paraphrase what I've heard straight from Scott himself, 'we don't write music to sound like something in particular, we just put together elements that we like and what happens happens.'

Sokaris wrote:
Check out Soulless if you haven't (the one from Cleveland). 'witch fans would probably dig it; considering the two reside in the same city I wish they'd play together more.

Skeletonwitch lived in Cleveland a couple of years ago when the drummer was still in art school. Three of the members live all the way down here in Athens now.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2