Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
rawheavygreen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:06 pm 

Noktorn wrote:
Still waiting for corroboration from an actual news source.

yuuuup.

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:18 pm 

Phil Fasciana wrote:
"I went in this little store on my way home to get a chocolate milk, of all things"

Not very metal. (although it is tasty)

Phil Fasciana wrote:
"I fired two shots into his head, killing him instantly"

METAL! :metal:

Interesting turn of events.

Blackend
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 pm 

Cant wait for the tape to be released.

Malacoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 pm 

It's fake.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/08/wh ... -creation/

Farromir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:43 pm 

Malacoda wrote:

Wow, just wow.

HowDisgusting
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:49 pm 

:lol:
BUSTED!

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:13 pm 

yes, it's fake. i guess Malevolent Creation record sales have been in a slump lately.

the police say the claim is bogus, there is no such record of this event happening.

"This did not happen," Shotwell said. "Our last murder was on June 22 and Fasciana was not involved. I'm certain of this. Even if the death was a result of self-defense, it would still be classed as a homicide and investigated as such.

"All witnesses, reportees, victims and suspects are entered into a database, but the most recent entry for Fasciana is on April 1, involving him and a female in a domestic dispute."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=123301

was it really worth the lie? is he kicked out of the band yet, or were all of the other band members behind this too?

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:22 pm 

I feel weird saying this but thank god this was done for publicity. Otherwise, I seriously think that Fasciana was either autistic or ten years old.

Deviante
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:23 pm 

Eh, lame, whatever his reasoning was.

PrinceofEmptiness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:27 pm 

I don't even care if it was fake. It was still fucking awesome to read.

Itheus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:03 pm 

PrinceofEmptiness wrote:
I don't even care if it was fake. It was still fucking awesome to read.

How could you say that you don't care it was fake?? This guy is obviously an idiot or an attention whore.

Pretty pathetic, really.

daemon_necromaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:10 pm 

The story reeked from the first paragraph. It's too calmly composed.

Juggernaut140
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:11 pm 

Awww that's majorly disappointing

blashyrkh66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 pm 

The only thing Phil murdered was his career.

My favorite part is that he is still saying it is true. If it is, Phil, tell us the name of the store so we can call the owner and verify your story!

Regardless if it is true or (most likely) false, the idea that the biggest response was "Cool!!!! Yeah Bro!!!!" is kind of disturbing. Therapy anyone?

By the way, his MySpace profile is now set to private. I guess he was sick of all the "You are pathetic" messages left there. lol.

Revengeance
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:48 pm 

Bezerko wrote:
Viral wrote:
I dunno about this. Even though the robber got what he deserved, couldn't what Phil did still be construed as murder?

Well if he's been shot at, and then had another gun pointed at him, about to fire, he'd get off on self defence.

He could certainly be charged, but it's unlikely; since it sounds like selef defense, and if what he says checks out on the supposed video there wouldn't be any kind of case against him for murder.

Wherein there MAY be an issue is that he goes to beat the guy up, and when he gets the gun, possibly isn't far enough away that a shot to the shoulder or just fucking stepping on him wouldn't have been enough. So an excessive use of force type thing might, theoretically, appear. However, even if someone COULD have done differently, 20-20 hindsight doesn't substantiate anything in court. I'd be willing to bet the law doesn't hold people to a particularly invasive degree of self-control in life-threatening circumstances.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:00 pm 

One thing I just can't wrap my mind around: this guy is a bit of a hero in his own way for his actions in saving the store owner, and yet the police in America could STILL charge him for murder? That's a fucking retarded law, how on earth would something get passed that bites (one would hope) good people in the ass. And more importantly: any cases of this actually happening?

----------------
Now playing: Goatwhore - Shadow of a Rising Knife

blashyrkh66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:37 pm 

Nyaricus wrote:
One thing I just can't wrap my mind around: this guy is a bit of a hero in his own way for his actions in saving the store owner, and yet the police in America could STILL charge him for murder? That's a fucking retarded law, how on earth would something get passed that bites (one would hope) good people in the ass. And more importantly: any cases of this actually happening?

It really depends on the circumstance. Did he HAVE to kill the person? Also, there are cases of people who have murdered and claimed self-defense but it has been found that the defense was false. If it was true self-defense he would not be charged with murder.

But I don't think it matters because this story is most likely not true.

From a purely logical point of view - for starters anyone who has actual experience with addiction knows that unless they have piles of money, most drug addicts don't carry guns (especially TWO as reported in his story) because they sell anything of value for drugs. I know we all like to believe that there are bands of armed drug addicts running around, but they are usually strung out douchebags who sell everything they can get more drugs and a homeless drug addict would trade a gun to a crack dealer 5 minutes after acquiring said gun. Also, studies show that in events of such high stress, it would be highly unlikely that a civilian would 1) get the gun out of his hands, 2) shoot and if those two things actually happened, 3) connect with those shots. Sure, it's possible, but unless you are a law enforcement officer that gets constantly trained, not probable.

And this would be all over the mainstream news in the local area but the only source so far has been a couple of stories on Blabbermouth and they got the stories directly from Phil.

I'll say the story could be within the realms of possibility, but very very very unlikely.

DoNotResuscitate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:30 am 

There are simple laws regarding statutes of limitations for specific crimes. In most jurisdictions in the U.S., if not all, there is no statute of limitation on first degree murder (same goes for Florida). In Florida, second degree murder, third degree murder, manslaughter, etc. are bound by 4-year statutes of limitations.

Unless there is tangible evidence or sworn testimony by more than one witness to corroborate intent from the prosecutions point of view I do not see any conviction for murder or other such crimes happening in this sort of scenario regardless of the validity of the claims herein.
"Yeah, I read that board for like 2 weeks when I first signed up a few years ago and determined it was about as intelligent as AOL Metal Chat and the FMP board having a retarded baby." - Dan discusses the M-A Board

HowDisgusting
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 am 

I think he just wanted to be the internet's next Chuck Norris.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:29 am 

maybe Fasciana was the homeless crackhead robbing the store. he could be lying about being the hero, you never know.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:39 am 

Nyaricus wrote:

:oh shit:

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:44 am 

Maybe he should of done this on April 1st this year, it would of been awesome.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:48 am 

Cinerary wrote:
Nyaricus wrote:

For some reason snuffing rapists is illegal, unfortunately.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:48 am 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Cinerary wrote:
Nyaricus wrote:

That's America for you.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:50 am 

Cinerary wrote:
MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Cinerary wrote:
Nyaricus wrote:

That's America for you.

They should give them the death penalty and give you a medal if you step in and save the government a bit of gas, electricity or a syringe.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:51 am 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Cinerary wrote:
MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Cinerary wrote:
Nyaricus wrote:

That's America for you.

They should give them the death penalty and give you a medal if you step in and save the government a bit of gas, electricity or a syringe.

Fuck a metal. How about 4 and a half years back. Yeah, I'd settle for that.

anyway back on topic. At least it was funny.,

blashyrkh66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm 

HowDisgusting wrote:

Phil Fasciana Facts

1. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal he doesn't just drink chocolate milk, he kills a homeless crackhead first and then drinks it.

2. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal all bullets miss him because they think he's already dead.

3. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal he doesn't actually drink the chocolate milk, he wishes it dead and it disappears.

4. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal homeless crack addicts just hand him their guns so he can kill them.

5. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal he doesn't even need bullets in his gun, he hums the riff for "Multiple Stab Wounds" and his victims heads explode.

6 Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal he doesn't need to play guitar in the studio, he simply touches Scott Burns' head and it psychically transfers the riffs to tape.

7. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal that Blabbermouth doesn't do simple fact checking when he sends in a retarded outlandish story about killing a homeless crack fiend because they know he kills at least ten people a day, which of course is never reported by the Florida newsmedia because it's so damn common that Phil Fasciana killing again is not newsworthy.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:54 pm 

blashyrkh66 wrote:
HowDisgusting wrote:

Phil Fasciana Facts

:lol: Funnier than I would've expected. I might sig one of these soon.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

MaelstromMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:20 am 

Heres the latest:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=123362

He's all but admitting that he lied by saying he wishes everyone would just forget about it.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 am 

MaelstromMind wrote:
Heres the latest:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=123362

He's all but admitting that he lied by saying he wishes everyone would just forget about it.

:lol: at people who go to Blabbermouth.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:44 am 

Eurnonymous wrote:
maybe Fasciana was the homeless crackhead robbing the store. he could be lying about being the hero, you never know.

Well, according to his story, the crackhead died. Wouldn't that mean he's a zombie? Sweet. Being a zombie increases metal-ness by +25%, at least.

Anyway, damn... I thought this was true. I wish it was, it's a great story.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

Last edited by Pale_Pilgrim on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackaries
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:21 am 

Good thing that he didn't end up like Jeff Becerra. :guns:

blashyrkh66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:51 am 

blackaries wrote:
Good thing that he didn't end up like Jeff Becerra. :guns:

For him to end up like Jeff Becerra, he would actually need to be involved in a shootout FOR REAL. You usually don't get paralyzed in fake gun fights.

More Phil Fasciana Facts

8. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal that he doesn't even need to write music anymore, he just steals riffs from Kerry King and overlays triggered blast beats over them.

9. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal that when he drank TWO bottles of chocolate milk while watching "The Wiz", it killed Michael Jackson.

diabolikon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 am 

Ah, dang. I was even telling people about it, 'cause it was amusing.
I guess that it is a way to get attention, but next time he wants attention, he should do something worthwhile instead of faking everyone out.
Member #1 of the Anti-anti-folk metal front.

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:29 am 

What the hell are all of you complaining about? The guy trolled Blabbermouth, exposing the obvious facts on how reliable a news source they are. Personally, I believe he deserves an abundance of kudos for that.

Thank you Phil, for helping to wake up hopefully at least a few morons to the fact that Blabbermouth is full of BS. Good job, man!

blashyrkh66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:35 pm 

EntilZha wrote:
What the hell are all of you complaining about? The guy trolled Blabbermouth, exposing the obvious facts on how reliable a news source they are. Personally, I believe he deserves an abundance of kudos for that.

Thank you Phil, for helping to wake up hopefully at least a few morons to the fact that Blabbermouth is full of BS. Good job, man!

This makes no sense. Blabbermouth printed a statement directly sent by Phil, and the statement sent to them indicated that it was information provided by both Phil and the local Sheriff. So they made an assumption that it was accurate, because why would he make up a story as ridiculous as this and humiliate himself? Remember, it came directly from him. Even with that being the case, in the article they still said "alleged" and pointed out that they could not verify the information before posting it. Of course they'd want to get it up there ASAP even before they verified it. Is there any Metal news source that would not have immediately posted that crazy shit, especially when it came direct and was, according to the email Phil sent, verified by the police?

Blabbermouth is a good source of news. Sometimes they print incorrect material, which they always correct as far as I know (they've never been shy saying when they are wrong), but they are the only real way to keep up with what is going on across all forms of metal on a daily basis if you are interested. I don't even know how this makes them look bad, this just makes Phil look like an idiot. People who criticize Blabbermouth are almost always musicians who do dumb shit, and then want to shoot the messenger when it gets out in public. Or their sycophantic fans.

How you can spin Phil Fasciana being a pathological liar and then lashing out like a child after getting caught in his lie, into him exposing flaws in the way Blabbermouth reports news is a stretch at best. Phil was not trying to "expose" Blabbermouth, he was trying to drum up some publicity for his band and look cool (although why some think that is cool is another story). And who cares about their flaws anyway, they aren't reporting on something important like politics or something, they are reporting on music news.

Last edited by blashyrkh66 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:45 pm 

Malacoda wrote:

What a douche.

blashyrkh66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:32 am 

More Phil Fasciana facts -

10. Chocolate milk is made by cows touched by Phil Fasciana and milked by the Grim Reaper.

11. Contrary to police statements, Phil Fasciana is not involved in any domestic disputes. He is so Death Metal that his guitar riffs beat his girlfriend.

12. Phil Fasciana is so Death Metal your ears will start to bleed if he even plays air guitar near you.

SatanicVictory
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:26 pm 

GREAT! 1st i have heard of this...

brightfield
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:37 pm 

I can't believe people actually fell for this.

Yes it is the real Goat.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next