Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Symmachus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:10 pm 

They are (or were) a melodic death/black metal band from Belgium. Encyclopaedia Metallum says that they are split up and that three of the members went on to form the band He Came from the Sun. However, Metalstorm.ee says that Axamenta simply changed their line-up, along with their name; they changed their name to He Came from the Sun. Link below.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php ... om+The+Sun

So, did Axamenta split up with three of its members forming another band, or did they decide to change their name after some line-up changes? I didn't want to send a complaint about them changing their name instead of splitting up, because if it was determined that Axamenta is indeed split up and not just a changed-name version of the same band, then I would like an explanation for that. Thank you.

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:29 pm 

Axamenta has changed, both in name and line-up. The vocalist had to quit due to vocal problems, and some other members of the band decided to continue with another vocalist and another sound.

I've once seen them live, and I've got both of their albums. It's a pity they had to 'quit'. A change of name and vocalist means a change of style...

Symmachus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:27 pm 

Lord_Lexy wrote:
Axamenta has changed, both in name and line-up. The vocalist had to quit due to vocal problems, and some other members of the band decided to continue with another vocalist and another sound.

I've once seen them live, and I've got both of their albums. It's a pity they had to 'quit'. A change of name and vocalist means a change of style...

So, it looks like you are saying that Axamenta changed their name instead of splitting up. Am I correct?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.