Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
invoking_the_majesty
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:37 pm 

Buried_Death wrote:
invoking_the_majesty wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:
Fopp is also in Cambridge!

I also live near Cambridge too (ish). I may as well visit both, they're both within two hours' drive!

Its not that much of amazing shop Fopp is owned by HMV and is pretty much same sort of stuff as HMV but sells more books and is alot cheeper then HMV but they are all run by the same company.

The Cambridge one is about 40 mins away from me as i'm from Suffolk.
But its only really good if your after Candlelight records CDs or more mainstream death metal and then the more common black metal bands i find. But they do have a very good classic metal bit with most CDs from £1 and £2 to £5.00.

I think I'll go just to see what's there. Had no idea it was run by HMV though - I wish that now Xavvi has gone they'd stock up on more obscure stuff. I cherish the days when I found Behemoth's limited edition Thelema 6 digipack and their Slaves Shall Serve EP and also the Gorgoroth Metal Case Black Mass Krakow DVD. Went in there the other week and the blackest stuff going was Xasthur. XASTHUR. I've always found them pretty crap, bar the song "Prison of Mirrors" which is genius in song format.

invoking_the_majesty
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:38 pm 

Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:

I also live near Cambridge too (ish). I may as well visit both, they're both within two hours' drive!

Its not that much of amazing shop Fopp is owned by HMV and is pretty much same sort of stuff as HMV but sells more books and is alot cheeper then HMV but they are all run by the same company.

But its only really good if your after Candlelight records CDs or more mainstream death metal and then the more common black metal bands i find. But they do have a very good classic metal bit with most CDs from £1 and £2 to £5.00.

And aren't Candlelight the label for Blut Aus Nord? I know it's a black metal French project they have, looked at their site a few weeks back.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:47 pm 

Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:

And aren't Candlelight the label for Blut Aus Nord? I know it's a black metal French project they have, looked at their site a few weeks back.

Yeah Candelight is the label for Blut Aus Nord if your looking for Candlelight stuff get it from PlasticHead online - http://www.plastichead.com/

invoking_the_majesty
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:50 pm 

Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:

Yeah Candelight is the label for Blut Aus Nord if your looking for Candlelight stuff get it from PlasticHead online - http://www.plastichead.com/

Yeah I've bought stuff from there. Got Marduk's "Hearse" and Hecate Enthroned's "Redimus". Stuff is pretty average pricing too, but was pissed off that the Emperor backpack was sold out and they ran out of Plague Angel CDs by Marduk. It's the only bloody full-length I need, I have all of their other albums, some (like Opus Nocturne, Warshcau and heaven Shall Burn) I have both versions of! I just need this bloody CD! I've never actually seen it in person, it's an elusive fucker.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:53 pm 

Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:

Yeah I've bought stuff from there. Got Marduk's "Hearse" and Hecate Enthroned's "Redimus". Stuff is pretty average pricing too, but was pissed off that the Emperor backpack was sold out and they ran out of Plague Angel CDs by Marduk. It's the only bloody full-length I need, I have all of their other albums, some (like Opus Nocturne, Warshcau and heaven Shall Burn) I have both versions of! I just need this bloody CD! I've never actually seen it in person, it's an elusive fucker.

I find them to be alright just take ages to send the stuff i waited over 1 month for some stuff once. And they never emailed me once with any updates and was a nightmare to contact them.
Just use ebay if you really want that last Marduk CD your after.

invoking_the_majesty
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:55 pm 

Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:
Buried_Death wrote:

I find them to be alright just take ages to send the stuff i waited over 1 month for some stuff once. And they never emailed me once with any updates and was a nightmare to contact them.
Just use ebay if you really want that last Marduk CD your after.

Tell me about it, it took me 3 weeks to get my 2 CDs through I thought they'd never come. They're based in England as well, would've thought they'd be a bit better. I get stuff from Amazon like the next day, two days later at most. And same, they never emailed me too. I emailed them asking where the hell my stuff was, never got a reply.

Yeah I probably will use Ebay, it's my only hope of getting it at the moment.

Craggzy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:20 pm 

beatdown records in newcastle is great

MissKazzy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:28 pm 

Also, you should check out Music/DVD Exchange, located near Soho area. I found a few CDs that was quite good, a bit of black metal with death metal. It is a mixed bag as there's different CDs every time you go. I went one day, took home a few CDs then went back again with a friend a few days later, there was more additions to the CD section.

invoking_the_majesty
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:43 pm 

MissKazzy wrote:
Also, you should check out Music/DVD Exchange, located near Soho area. I found a few CDs that was quite good, a bit of black metal with death metal. It is a mixed bag as there's different CDs every time you go. I went one day, took home a few CDs then went back again with a friend a few days later, there was more additions to the CD section.

Ooh interesting, will do. Thanks for that. :)

MorbidEarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:06 pm 

MissKazzy wrote:

You can find that particular store on Berwick Street.

invoking_the_majesty
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:21 pm 

MorbidEarth wrote:
MissKazzy wrote:

You can find that particular store on Berwick Street.

Noted down. :)

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:25 pm 

I found a load of realtively unknown 80s thrash vinyls at Tor records in Glastonbury.

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:10 pm 

Hircine wrote:
I found a load of realtively unknown 80s thrash vinyls at Tor records in Glastonbury.

Good prices?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2