Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
prznmtlhed93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:17 pm 

So, generally, deathcore is an abomination to all things metal, but i was talking to my friend the other day about it and we decided that there must be some deathcore band somewhere that sounds decent. Also, we decided that almost every band has an OK album and/or demo before they sell out and turn to shit. Any suggestions?

Bryce288
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:21 pm 

Try here: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewforum.php?f=11
You may also want to add what you think makes something "good"

NotGlib
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:27 pm 

prznmtlhed93 wrote:
Also, we decided that almost every band has an OK album and/or demo before they sell out and turn to shit. Any suggestions?

How did you reach that inane conclusion?

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:28 pm 

Damn, this is the third -core thread in 2 days, that I've seen anyway, as for your question, yes there are good Deathcore bands, you just have to look for them as the mainstream ones generally suck. Some good examples of non-sucky Deathcore are Through the Eyes of the Dead, All Shall Perish, A Thousand Years Slavery (little generic but decent)...... thats all I can think of right now.
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

~Guest 66039
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:30 pm 

Between The Buried and Me is probably the only deathcore band I would listen to. Every other band is all about how hard there breakdowns hit.

Luisangel91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:34 pm 

definitely check out here comes the kraken, is by far the only band that i think is worth checking out.

Last edited by Luisangel91 on Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:38 pm 

creepingdoom wrote:
Between The Buried and Me is probably the only deathcore band I would listen to. Every other band is all about how hard there breakdowns hit.

Dream Theater is probably the only metal band I would listen to. Every other band is all about how heavy their thrash riffs are.

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:40 pm 

Karnstein_Records wrote:
creepingdoom wrote:

Dream Theater is probably the only metal band I would listen to. Every other band is all about how heavy their thrash riffs are.

You would only listen to one Metal band? Wow now that is picky taste.
If this dude lives like Methusaleh, he could still have his whole life ahead of him. I think a 1000 year sentence would have sent a better message: Not even your fictional biblical ancestors would get outta this, pal.

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:40 pm 

Check out Animosity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VejQ-AATTac

I find Whitechapel to be rather good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bAq0V5XbQ

Beneath The Massacre is one of my more favored ones. I do consider them deathcore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYvS938fNHQ

Later Despised Icon is good aswell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYvS938fNHQ

Its all a matter of opinion. You may hate all of them for all I know.

Alaphlosiam
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:49 pm 

Postmortem Promises is very good, assuming you can tolerate pig squeals. It's not as bad as, say, Waking the Cadaver (though what can be?). Check out "Yeah Man" or "Koko Massacre", as those are my personal favorites by them.
Do you realize that more Americans were killed by Great White than by the Iraqi Army in Gulf War 1?

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:51 pm 

What exactly is the point of this thread? If you're looking for deathcore recommendations then go to the correct forum.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:55 pm 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
Karnstein_Records wrote:
creepingdoom wrote:

You would only listen to one Metal band? Wow now that is picky taste.

:lol:

prznmtlhed93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:58 pm 

Karnstein_Records wrote:
creepingdoom wrote:

You my friend, should earn major points for that shit.

diabolikon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 pm 

Karnstein_Records wrote:
creepingdoom wrote:

I find it strange that you would have over 600 posts on a site that's solely about metal, when you only like one metal band...
Member #1 of the Anti-anti-folk metal front.

prznmtlhed93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:06 pm 

diabolikon wrote:
Karnstein_Records wrote:
creepingdoom wrote:

I find it strange that you would have over 600 posts on a site that's solely about metal, when you only like one metal band...

Dude, I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic. Anyways, thats not what this forums about. More deathcore!!

awm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:13 pm 

You know what my favorite deathcore band is?

Yeah, neither do I.

Celtic_Fire_666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:25 pm 

prznmtlhed93 wrote:
diabolikon wrote:
Karnstein_Records wrote:
creepingdoom wrote:

Dude, I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic. Anyways, thats not what this forums about. More deathcore!!

Notice he said how Heavy their "Thrash riffs", so either he is ignorant because not all genres of Metal are based off of Thrash, or he is messing around, my guess is the latter. As for the more Deathcore request...... Godless Crusade (Ita) may be called Blackened Deathcore, although I think they are Blackened Metalcore w/ some Death influences.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 pm 

Celtic_Fire_666 wrote:
prznmtlhed93 wrote:
diabolikon wrote:
Karnstein_Records wrote:
creepingdoom wrote:

Notice he said how Heavy their "Thrash riffs", so either he is ignorant because not all genres of Metal are based off of Thrash, or he is messing around, my guess is the latter. As for the more Deathcore request...... Godless Crusade (Ita) may be called Blackened Deathcore, although I think they are Blackened Metalcore w/ some Death influences.

How could anyone possibly think Karmstein's post was serious? Good god this is retarded.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.