Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
schwuppe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:51 am 

Call_From_The_Tower wrote:
For anyone who's interested, there's a sample of Everything Before Unsaid up on YouTube at the moment that was apparently taken from a radio show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYcOz1mA1SE

Sounds pretty damn awesome. Kind of a mix of Autumn Aurora and Blood In Our Wells.

Could be the record of the year.

Slightly OT: How the hell is Drudkh pronounced?

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:53 am 

I've always just pronounced it 'Dr-ood-k'. Not entirely sure though.

And yeah, I have very high expectations for this.

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:59 am 

Now I'm thrilled... and this was recorded before Estrangement? Sounds more vivid and more varied, definitely love the sound, the keyboards sounds great as the bass and drum. And the vocals sounds more like in Forgotten Legends, like they come from beyond.

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:03 am 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Now I'm thrilled... and this was recorded before Estrangement? Sounds more vivid and more varied, definitely love the sound, the keyboards sounds great as the bass and drum. And the vocals sounds more like in Forgotten Legends, like they come from beyond.

It was recorded before Estrangement was released but after the actual Estrangement recording. They were probably recorded around the same time actually.

I really like how the vocals sound here even though the sound quality isn't the greatest. It seems like they've been pushed back quite a bit in the mix and aren't quite as in-your-face as they are on their more recent work.

Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:06 am 

Call_From_The_Tower wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:

It was recorded before Estrangement was released but after the actual Estrangement recording. They were probably recorded around the same time actually.

I really like how the vocals sound here even though the sound quality isn't the greatest. It seems like they've been pushed back quite a bit in the mix and aren't quite as in-your-face as they are on their more recent work.

Maybe they're trying to have an atmosphere more similar to their first albums which would definitely be a plus. But I'm surprised at the direction, it sounds rather different than anything they released yet it still sounds Drudkh.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:12 am 

Before Estrangement was released, but after it was recorded, I think. It's clearly a return to form, and the guitar soloing is almost back to the greatness of Blood In Our Wells! Excellent stuff, it could be one of the best albums of 2009.

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:15 pm 

Sounds pretty excellent! I was one of those who enjoyed "Estrangement," yet I fully admit that it is their weakest metal full-length. This sounds like they put a lot more heart into it, like "Blood In Our Wells."

Ekinflog
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:36 pm 

Hell yes!

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:51 pm 

If this sounds like Blood in Our Wells I'll be happy as hell. That album is an utter masterpiece and I hope this will be too.

Ekinflog
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 pm 

From the sample it sounds a fair amount different than their past releases.

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:35 am 

i was getting frightening dimmu vibes with the triplet double kick and keyboards (in death's embrace) but thankfully the song strayed from that vibe.
The solos are fucking awesome too, they sound like they have the care they did in Blood in our Wells, as opposed to the more hastily written ones seen on Estrangement.

Does anyone know where to get an mp3 or this sample?

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:58 pm 

schwuppe wrote:
How the hell is Drudkh pronounced?

Apparently it's pronounced "Droo" with silent "dkh", though I tend to pronounce it "Drood-kh" (with the "kh" like Scottish "loch" or German "Bach") so that people have a fighting chance of knowing who I'm talking about!

There was a thread about it a while ago.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:02 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Ok good, I thought I was the only one. The album cover is pretty lame.

This. Man, that kind of album cover is just unexcusably lame. It's not hard to do, there's no sort of artistic sensibilites to it, just an easy way to get gullible fans in. Regarding this record; I'm sort of looking forward to it, hopefully it sounds like autumn aurora.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:13 pm 

"Hard to do"? Who gives a fuck. If that's all that matters in your regards to music and art, you may as well listen to liquid tension experiment and dragonforce.

I like the colours.

weakling_goat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:33 pm 

balbulus wrote:
schwuppe wrote:
How the hell is Drudkh pronounced?

Apparently it's pronounced "Droo" with silent "dkh", though I tend to pronounce it "Drood-kh" (with the "kh" like Scottish "loch" or German "Bach") so that people have a fighting chance of knowing who I'm talking about!

There was a thread about it a while ago.

I pronounce it the same way :D

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm 

I've always just read it as Dr-UH-dk. I don't give a shit though, because I've never needed to say the name aloud.

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:48 pm 

It's frustrating when you do need to talk about them IRL.

Beli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:00 pm 

Sample sounds so promising !!! NOT
Another failed album from Drudkh ^^

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:01 pm 

Seriously dude, are you a troll? All I've seen you do is bash good bands.

Infinite_Obscurity
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:40 am 

Once again a bit of a style change for Drudkh, but it still sounds like Drudkh. This can't come out soon enough.

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:46 pm 

While on the topic of Drudkh...

The False Dawn shirt at http://www.musical-hall.com/eng/merchan ... hirt_2.htm

I know there is a history of Drudkh bootlegs, such as the "white intellectual elite" one, in fact I'm pretty sure the mavka shirt I own is a bootleg, but I was wondering if any could verify if this is a bootleg or not... most likely is. But I wouldn't know

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:56 pm 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Seriously dude, are you a troll? All I've seen you do is bash good bands.

Probably not. I don't think Drudkh is all that jazz either.

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:59 pm 

anti-conformist?

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:32 pm 

Prominence wrote:
anti-conformist?

Nah, I've just seen many people claim they are the best band to come out this millenium. They just don't seem that great to me. Every once in a while I'll play Autumn Aurora, though.

Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:15 pm 

Prominence wrote:
While on the topic of Drudkh...

The False Dawn shirt at http://www.musical-hall.com/eng/merchan ... hirt_2.htm

I know there is a history of Drudkh bootlegs, such as the "white intellectual elite" one, in fact I'm pretty sure the mavka shirt I own is a bootleg, but I was wondering if any could verify if this is a bootleg or not... most likely is. But I wouldn't know

I have the False Dawn shirt, as far as I remember, it was made by Oriana.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:22 am 

I've tried to get into this band, I downloaded Blood in our Wells to see what the buzz was about, but I don't get it, I got bored like three songs in. I gave Everything Unsaid Before a listen as well, but it's just too draggy. I figured I would have liked this band, but I guess it was never meant to be.

EternalForest
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:43 am 

I'm just a moderate fan of Drudkh but I think the new song is really great. It shows that the members (WHOEVER THEY ARE, IT'S A MYSTERY!!!!!!!!!) are making quality music that isn't just weird and obscure but is also METAL. I draw this conclusion from hearing some nice sounding riffs and the solo at the beginning of the song.

Looking forward to this album!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 am 

Aeonblade wrote:
I've tried to get into this band, I downloaded Blood in our Wells to see what the buzz was about, but I don't get it, I got bored like three songs in. I gave Everything Unsaid Before a listen as well, but it's just too draggy. I figured I would have liked this band, but I guess it was never meant to be.
I didn't like them at first either. Once I heard the song "Ukrainian Insurgent Army" and felt that it was my favourite black metal song ever, I started appreciating the other songs aswell, and nowadays Blood In Our Wells is one of my favourite albums.

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:17 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:
I didn't like them at first either. Once I heard the song "Ukrainian Insurgent Army" and felt that it was my favourite black metal song ever, I started appreciating the other songs aswell, and nowadays Blood In Our Wells is one of my favourite albums.

Happened to me as well. Ukrainian Insurgent Army was the song that changed my mind from them being some boring obscure black metal band into a band that actually has some emotion (I was a fucking retarded, pretentious child), and it grew from there.

Nolan B wrote:
Nah, I've just seen many people claim they are the best band to come out this millenium. They just don't seem that great to me. Every once in a while I'll play Autumn Aurora, though.

Ah, okay. I feel where you're coming from, at least, I really hate it when people express opinions as facts, and while the said statement is also true to me, I do not go spouting it as some universal truth.

SwedishRawPower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:42 pm 

The solo on the new song is really fucking amazing, i've always felt that Drudkh is one of the very few BM-bands where solos actually fits really good.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:58 pm 

The solos on Estrangement are a little awkward (Only The Wind Remembers My Name has a nice solo though), but "Furrows Of Gods" has one of my favourite guitar solos ever. It's simply amazing.

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:59 pm 

EternalForest wrote:
It shows that the members (WHOEVER THEY ARE, IT'S A MYSTERY!!!!!!!!!) are making quality music that isn't just weird and obscure but is also METAL.

The members of Drudkh aren't a mystery at all, at least the core of the band (Thurios and Roman Saenko).

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:03 pm 

In case you guys don't know yet, you can listen to all of the 'Distant Cries of Cranes' song on the band's new myspace, which has been set up by Season of Mist on their behalf as well as on the Season of Mist site itself. I think the new track is fantastic. Quite a bit different to their previous material in some ways and it features a much more prominent bass, but still very Drudkh-y in parts. Ending of the song is great.

kaelte
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:04 am 

It's great music itself but not so unique and profound as before... I'm a big Drudkh supporter too but I think this is a very modern one, even the album cover gives no suggestion of mysterious depth, quite average I'd say... It seems in 2009 every band becomes modern - designs as spectacle, modern stupid themes, short music ( lots of eps, just lacking the ability or will to make an honest full-length)...
but I'm waiting for this work anyway...

ghostghostghost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:02 am 

After listening to the first two avaliable tracks, "Everything Unsaid Before" (only a snippet, I know) and "Distant Cry of Cranes" I must say I'm not all too thrilled. However I'm hopeful the songs will grow on me and the rest of Microcosmos shall be fantastic, as Roman and the boys have yet to disappoint me...dating as far back to their Hate Forest days.

NetherFog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:23 am 

just gave couple of listens, as it leaked yesterday... very very medicore stuff
need some more time to really analyze the album
nothing special really though distant cries of cranes is pretty awesome

Eitttlane
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:05 am 

I'm not that much into Estrangement altough it's still far from bad. I really liked the snippet of Everything Unsaid Before so I'm looking forward to hear the whole album now.

Tantalus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:23 am 

Fuck Drudkh, I want a new Blood of Kingu album.

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:32 pm 

holy shit holy shit holy shit that sample is good

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:02 pm 

DeathcoreDecimator wrote:
holy shit holy shit holy shit that sample is good

It's excellent. I have a very good feeling about this album.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next