Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
samekh
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:36 am
Posts: 1126
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:10 am 
 

I don't know if any metal albums have scared me, but then again I don't listen to metal to be scared.

However, I found Blut Aus Nord's "The Work Which Transforms God" to be very unsettling. Also, Leviathan's "Tentacles of Whorror."

Top
 Profile  
Jarnroth
hurr hurr i post whiel drunk

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:09 am
Posts: 1214
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:20 am 
 

Hellhammer - Satanic Rites

Yeppp yepp.
_________________
"Brothers of metal know no masters!
Metal's our religion, we take it to the grave!"

http://www.last.fm/user/Jarnroth/

Top
 Profile  
Omnivore
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 317
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:23 am 
 

I'd have to go with Portal's "Outre" which is one fucking twisted album. For me it's pretty close to noise music. I would also say Morbid Angel's "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh" is pretty alienating. It sounds so huge and out of this world.
_________________
theoctavarius wrote:
usernamepassword wrote:
I'm not surprised by the ridiculously exaggerated negative reaction here, but it sounded just fine to me.


Was Vincent standing beside you while you wrote that, threatening you with sodomy?

Top
 Profile  
Galaahd
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:02 pm
Posts: 607
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:41 am 
 

Imho, Mayhem - Wolf's Lair Abyss.

It has a dark and evil (and cold) atmosphere that no others BM records manage to obtain.

Top
 Profile  
Galaahd
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:02 pm
Posts: 607
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 am 
 

Oh, and Catacombs - In the depths of R'lyeh

Top
 Profile  
stoli_
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:24 am
Posts: 116
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 am 
 

When I see threads like this, I often wonder why the hell people mention Mayhem and recommend this: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=19852

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4242
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:50 am 
 

Neantise wrote:
lennonlikesmetal wrote:
Yes i aware of this which is why i mentioned Lustmord in a earlier post. I questioned Mudbloodkiller because he only said noise.

That's why I said dark ambient AND death industrial are more scary and evil than metal. You see, death industrial is a mix of dark ambient and noise. The name of this subgenre says it all: the goal of this music is to create death ambiences, and sometimes with ritualistic overtones. Scary and evil.
Also, pure noise can be "evil". Have you ever heard of Nicole 12 or Whitehouse? Their lyrical themes are pedophilia (Nicole 12), misogyny, sexual deviance, violence (Whitehouse)... is that not "evil" enough for you?


I understand and agree with your post. I have heard a little Whitehouse, should get more. I'll look into Nicole 12.

Lustmord-Rising is made by evil people with the purpose of creating a evil atmosphere.


Last edited by lennonlikesmetal on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4242
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:52 am 
 

pornstorestiffy wrote:
Someone mentioned Stalaggh, and this truly is the scariest most evil fucked up music ever recorded, if you can call it music.

Seriously, find some of this and I'm sure you will agree


Good stuff. I have two of their albums.

Top
 Profile  
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: R'lyeh
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:56 am 
 

Not too many albums frighten me. However, I've felt chills. Does that count? Albums that I've sent some chills up my spine:

Autopsy - "Mental Funeral"
Baphomet - "The Dead Shall Inherit" (especially The Suffering; that was a scary intro)

Top
 Profile  
Sepulturafreak
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:22 pm
Posts: 245
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:13 pm 
 

Bethlehem - Dictius te Necare

^ Some really fucked up music, especially the vocals.

Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh, Deicide - Legion, Immolation - Here in After and Portal - Outre win it for evil, twisted death metal.

For doom metal I'd say....Thergothon - Stream from the Heavens, and perhaps Katatonia's Brave Murder Day and Sounds of Decay.

Top
 Profile  
kreator72
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:33 am
Posts: 353
Location: Singapore
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:20 pm 
 

Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales particularly the track "Danse Macabre".

Top
 Profile  
MEMEME
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:08 am
Posts: 586
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:26 pm 
 

LordGothic wrote:
ALTARS OF MADNESS!

:nods:, SECONDEAD, Agreed! :metal:
Give that bad boy a spin when your are on a 'joint' -this album gives you a mental numbness; and its a different experience altogether, and the vocals of Vincent sends chills down your spine and not to forget the 'loud guitar shrieks/screams' created by Azagthoth and Brunelle. Secondly, I would also like to mention Dead Congregation's - Graves of the Archangels (mentioned before on several 'similar' threads) that album is scary as it is and when you listen to it when your HIGH your done for... same goes for Slayer's 'Hell Awaits' for that backward intro of 'join us' chants and 'WELCOME BACK'!

Also, not that metal but, 'Aghast (Nor)' have made some pretty scary stuff!!! one more band OR a one man band is there... his name escapes me at the moment...
_________________
slowly, we all rot!!!

Top
 Profile  
Mezentus
Blood on my hands

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:23 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:37 pm 
 

I don't know why, but I've always wanted to trip acid and listen to Altars of Madness.
I'm sure that will create a bad trip but, I want to know what the madness is all about...while freaking the fuck out on the cover of Altars.


Sombre Presage's "A Tribute To Burzum" EP is fucking SCARY in pitch black. Same with Abruptum's "Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectére Me", scariest shit I've ever heard at 1 am with headphones on full blast sleeping in a closet. [Don't ask] because that shit will fuck with yer head if not in the right state of mind.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9816
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:41 pm 
 

I might be the only with this one in mind also, but Lurker of Chalice's self titled also is one of the creepiest, empty-hearted albums I've ever heard. It reminds me of Legend of Zelda temples after you've beaten them, where there's no life existent and all the temples are empty.

Lifeless, brooding, spiritual

All characterisitcs of the sound, even though it's pretty simplistic. Just listen to "Minions" or "Vortex Chalice" and you'll understand.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
balkonas
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:55 am
Posts: 456
Location: Lithuania
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:41 pm 
 

Silencer - Death-Pierce Me
Album with the most horrific atmosphere and vocals :D
_________________
Buried_Death wrote:
Attila walks into class room "Morning class you'll never guess what I've been up to over the weekend" Throws pigs head down on the table!

Top
 Profile  
Mezentus
Blood on my hands

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:23 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:43 pm 
 

OzzyApu wrote:
I might be the only with this one in mind also, but Lurker of Chalice's self titled also is one of the creepiest, empty-hearted albums I've ever heard. It reminds me of Legend of Zelda temples after you've beaten them, where there's no life existent and all the temples are empty.

Lifeless, brooding, spiritual

All characterisitcs of the sound, even though it's pretty simplistic. Just listen to "Minions" or "Vortex Chalice" and you'll understand.


...
I've never thought of it that way..
but now that you mention it.,

In Ocarina of Time when you enter the Temple of Time to get the Master Sword, and you come out 7 years later and the ReDead are in the Town Market or whatever it's called... that's what LoC reminds me of from your description.

Top
 Profile  
MEMEME
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:08 am
Posts: 586
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:53 pm 
 

Mezentus wrote:
I don't know why, but I've always wanted to trip acid and listen to Altars of Madness. I'm sure that will create a bad trip but, I want to know what the madness is all about...

Trust me dude, you don't have to go that far (an acid trip but, you may if you wish to) a joi-hash-weed-int will do, and experience the MADNESS, but seriously, I am NOT going to hype it up, but the 35 to 40 mins of sheer 'cleverly crafted' lunacy is well worth it.

Mezentus wrote:
while freaking the fuck out on the cover of Altars.

And that... fucking happened!!!
_________________
slowly, we all rot!!!

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9816
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:05 pm 
 

Mezentus wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
Teh Zeldaz


...
I've never thought of it that way..
but now that you mention it.,

In Ocarina of Time when you enter the Temple of Time to get the Master Sword, and you come out 7 years later and the ReDead are in the Town Market or whatever it's called... that's what LoC reminds me of from your description.

So I'm not alone. Had LoC been released before OoT, then they could have easily substituted the soundtrack of the graveyard, temple of time courtyard, and Shadow Temple with the LoC album. The Emptiness and other-worldly sound is just so bizarre it's difficult to explain.

To tell you the truth, when I mentioned "empty temples" I was picturing the Swamp Temple from Majoras Mask and how diluted it became after you beat the boss. Everything was open and there were no real enemies to fight, yet it was still haunted in another form.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Catachthonian
Metal freak

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 am
Posts: 4687
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:06 pm 
 

To the OP: are you looking specifically for the most evil METAL album, or for the most evil album in general? Because if the latter, I'm afraid you're looking in a wrong direction.
_________________
Noctem ferimus.

Top
 Profile  
BabyWantsToFuck
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:27 am
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:12 pm 
 

I remember the first time I heard Mercyful Fate's Melissa album. It was the first (and one of the only times) music ever really creeped me out. Granted, I was young, and since then Melissa has grown to be one of my all-time favorite albums as it is a fucking masterpiece, but I remember hearing fucking "Black Funeral" and "Into the Coven" ("Crush it....crush the cross!") and thinking to myself "god damn, this is some scary shit!" Of course, it seems tame to me now, but when I first heard it, it was a wonderfully spooky experience. Akin to the same feeling you would get as a kid catching all the spooky movies on TV in shit. Now, most of us are hardened horror and gore film veterans, but back when we were kids that shit was off the hook!

So yeah, I'd say for me "Melissa" always was one of the most "evil" sounding albums, but probably just for that sentimental attatchment. I can say though that because I started off so early with Mercyful Fate, when I later discovered Slayer and Sodom I laughed because my friends were so convinced of their "evilosity", and yet they were hardly prepared for shit like "The Oath", "Black Funeral" and even "Corpse Without A Soul" ("Say goodbye, to all your fuckin' angels! OH!") Classic shit.

I don't know if this really fits in with what we are talking about, because if I judge Melissa from my current perspective alone, it isn't evil at all, just a classic record - but alas, it is the <i>only</i> album I ever felt at one point was evil at all, so it's all I really have to contribute to the conversation. I heard it when I was attending Catholic school as well (by force, of course) in the 90s, so that had a bit to do with how much of an affect it had on me. Now, a sworn atheist and lifelong fan of metal, the initial "evilness" of Melissa still remains only in the same way that many old timers still refer to "Dracula" is scary.

But fuck is it a great album.

Neil Diamond's "I'm Glad You're Here With Me Tonight" is pretty evil, though.

Top
 Profile  
Omnivore
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 317
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:17 pm 
 

Mezentus wrote:
I don't know why, but I've always wanted to trip acid and listen to Altars of Madness.
I'm sure that will create a bad trip but, I want to know what the madness is all about...while freaking the fuck out on the cover of Altars.

Trust me, you can get really crazy results if you try that, and some of them can lead to very bad trips even if you love that album (as I do). Once, I tried to break away from a bad trip by listening to music that comforted me, didn't work, then with metal and it equally didn't work, which is strange since both make me peaceful. But if you went on a trip that would immerse you (without profoundly disturbing you) into the music, I think the results would be absolutely awesome.

I think "scary" is a pretty vague term, as, say, satanic death metal doesn't specifically chill my spine, though alien and otherwordly ambience can.
_________________
theoctavarius wrote:
usernamepassword wrote:
I'm not surprised by the ridiculously exaggerated negative reaction here, but it sounded just fine to me.


Was Vincent standing beside you while you wrote that, threatening you with sodomy?

Top
 Profile  
thomash
Metal Philosopher

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:31 pm
Posts: 1855
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:18 pm 
 

samekh wrote:
I don't know if any metal albums have scared me, but then again I don't listen to metal to be scared.

However, I found Blut Aus Nord's "The Work Which Transforms God" to be very unsettling. Also, Leviathan's "Tentacles of Whorror."

QFT. Most of the albums mentioned so far in the thread aren't scary at all (although the fact that Silencer has been mentioned at least five times does tell you something), but Blut aus Nord and Leviathan do a really good job of it. At their best, Abruptum can be quite chilling.

Top
 Profile  
peterott
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 4:34 pm
Posts: 1487
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:22 pm 
 

Impaled Nazarene - Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz

No normal being will listen to that without running away or despising it instantly.

The awesome intro, the killer sound, the orgies, the baby crying during the orgies, the extremely great interludes during the songs , the sodomy orgies, the insane vocals, the over the top image/lyrics (as even being understandable in parts), the killer guitar/drum sound, and yeah, even more orgy-sounds... absolutely scary, absolutely insane.

Image
_________________
Tradelist: www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10942
=> also MORE good traders noted there. Latest ones: 666Cadillac666 / Vampallens / lordrul

Top
 Profile  
rexxz
Retired

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:45 pm
Posts: 8756
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:24 pm 
 

peterott wrote:
the orgies, the baby crying during the orgies, the sodomy orgies, and yeah, even more orgy-sounds... absolutely scary, absolutely insane.


I think you like it for other reasons than it being "scary". ;)

Top
 Profile  
Woolie_Wool
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:56 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Far beyond the prophecy of tyrant guardians
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:25 pm 
 

Sodom - In The Sign of Evil
_________________
Wilytank wrote:
Of course, nothing respectable about the penis. We gents need to all grab the nearest sharp object and start hacking.

Top
 Profile  
peterott
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 4:34 pm
Posts: 1487
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:27 pm 
 

rexxz wrote:
peterott wrote:
the orgies, the baby crying during the orgies, the sodomy orgies, and yeah, even more orgy-sounds... absolutely scary, absolutely insane.


I think you like it for other reasons than it being "scary". ;)


No, but a normal music-listener (read: no Metal-music listener) will be shocked/scared instantly and probably despise the thing in a second. That was what the threadstarter asked for. As for me: I skip with the remote control through these orgies and this is really tough shit to listen to (and for your neightbours as well when playing it loud over the HiFi). "Al Purg Vonpo / My Blessing (The Beginning of the End)" and "Condemned To Hell" for the win.
_________________
Tradelist: www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10942
=> also MORE good traders noted there. Latest ones: 666Cadillac666 / Vampallens / lordrul

Top
 Profile  
adders11
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:39 pm
Posts: 236
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:32 pm 
 

Black Sabbath's debut! Theres probably a million more evil albums around today but for me it's their first album.

Top
 Profile  
Roomy_
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 18
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:33 pm 
 

Diagnose:Lebensgefahr - Transformalin makes me feel pretty fucking unconfortable. And some Funeral Doom stuff as well..
For example Abyssmal Sorrow - Lament.

Top
 Profile  
Zombie_Quixote
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 pm
Posts: 254
Location: South Africa
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:06 pm 
 

I'm going to have to go with Transcendence Into the Peripheral by Disembowelment. Relentlessly dark riffs, synth and vocals; just everything aboutt the album seems to radiate malice.

Top
 Profile  
Nolan_B
In League With Nolan

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 4365
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:07 pm 
 

peterott wrote:
Impaled Nazarene - Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz

No normal being will listen to that without running away or despising it instantly.

The awesome intro, the killer sound, the orgies, the baby crying during the orgies, the extremely great interludes during the songs , the sodomy orgies, the insane vocals, the over the top image/lyrics (as even being understandable in parts), the killer guitar/drum sound, and yeah, even more orgy-sounds... absolutely scary, absolutely insane.



This is one of my favorite finnish albums. The best Imp Naz album by far. If you haven't heard the first track on full blast next to a huge speaker, you haven't heard any black metal at all. Screw logic.

Top
 Profile  
Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 2571
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:19 pm 
 

BabyWantsToFuck wrote:
I remember the first time I heard Mercyful Fate's Melissa album. It was the first (and one of the only times) music ever really creeped me out. Granted, I was young, and since then Melissa has grown to be one of my all-time favorite albums as it is a fucking masterpiece, but I remember hearing fucking "Black Funeral" and "Into the Coven" ("Crush it....crush the cross!") and thinking to myself "god damn, this is some scary shit!" Of course, it seems tame to me now, but when I first heard it, it was a wonderfully spooky experience. Akin to the same feeling you would get as a kid catching all the spooky movies on TV in shit. Now, most of us are hardened horror and gore film veterans, but back when we were kids that shit was off the hook!

So yeah, I'd say for me "Melissa" always was one of the most "evil" sounding albums, but probably just for that sentimental attatchment. I can say though that because I started off so early with Mercyful Fate, when I later discovered Slayer and Sodom I laughed because my friends were so convinced of their "evilosity", and yet they were hardly prepared for shit like "The Oath", "Black Funeral" and even "Corpse Without A Soul" ("Say goodbye, to all your fuckin' angels! OH!") Classic shit.

I don't know if this really fits in with what we are talking about, because if I judge Melissa from my current perspective alone, it isn't evil at all, just a classic record - but alas, it is the <i>only</i> album I ever felt at one point was evil at all, so it's all I really have to contribute to the conversation. I heard it when I was attending Catholic school as well (by force, of course) in the 90s, so that had a bit to do with how much of an affect it had on me. Now, a sworn atheist and lifelong fan of metal, the initial "evilness" of Melissa still remains only in the same way that many old timers still refer to "Dracula" is scary.

But fuck is it a great album.

Neil Diamond's "I'm Glad You're Here With Me Tonight" is pretty evil, though.


It's funny you mention this, because this is more or less the exact same thing that happened when I heard Cradle of Filth's "Nymphetamine Overdose" on the radio four years ago (I was 14, went to a Catholic school, etc.) That riff in the beginning section (from 0:00-0:40) had this really ominous, unsettling feeling, which mixed in the more "emotional" parts (hokey as they may seem now) and heavy, plodding tempo of the middle to really creeped me out. I finally downloaded it and listen to it for nostalgia-basically, the "initial 'evilness remains the same only in the same way..." feeling you mentioned.

I haven't heard a lot of what people have recommended so far, but I would agree that "The Work Which Transforms God"-and anything by Portal takes the cake. (Ooo, bad reference there :lol:)
_________________
henkkjelle on the Dutch wrote:
Actually we have a extra set of appendages protruding out of our lower ribs especially designed for rummaging through our poop. Newborns that do not possess these appendages are thrown of a mountain.

Top
 Profile  
Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 3103
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:42 pm 
 

Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Venom - Black Metal
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
Possessed - Seven Churches
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Sarcofago - INRI
Deicide - Legion

seriously, what's wrong with you guys?

Top
 Profile  
Nolan_B
In League With Nolan

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 4365
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:46 pm 
 

Eurnonymous wrote:
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Venom - Black Metal
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
Possessed - Seven Churches
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Sarcofago - INRI
Deicide - Legion

seriously, what's wrong with you guys?


I haven't heard anything even remotely evil in Deicide, Glen's vocals kill most of the atmosphere. The other albums, however, were the pinnical of evil circa 1987. Most still are.

I haven't heard Monotheist, though.

Top
 Profile  
DerekBuhr
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:45 pm
Posts: 151
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 pm 
 

Grave's As Rapture Comes is probably one of the first albums that got me scared. The riff on Burn, the unbelievably searing chainsaw guitar tones, the maddening guitar solos. It was just unrelenting, in your face, and just kept ripping that guitar tone. Thing that made it scary was they just kept doing that same kind of thing for the rest of the album. Not a moment of peace, just screeching guitar and blistering beat.


Vesania's God The Lux is another one. The first song starts with that ridiculous vocal intro from Orion and then it just goes into pure blasphemy. The interludes were so subtle and creepy only to be followed by more trem and hellish vocals from Orion. Still kind of creeps me out to this day, something about the way those songs were written is just amazing.

On the verge of blasphemy, I've got say listening to Slipknot's Iowa driving home in the middle of a night, during the pouring rain, in a huge thunderstorm, and only being able to see the road during lightning strikes, was easily scary as shit and I can never get rid of how scary listening to the title track was during that storm.
_________________
Want to know how to get free music? Promote music. Join your local public radio station. Get free CDs from labels. Who needs Torrent?

Top
 Profile  
Sinvocation
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:03 am
Posts: 291
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:54 pm 
 

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Image

Top
 Profile  
Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 3103
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:01 pm 
 

Nolan_B wrote:
I haven't heard anything even remotely evil in Deicide, Glen's vocals kill most of the atmosphere.

Satan Spawn, The Caco Daemon! Satan Spawn, The Caco Daemon! Satan Spawn, The Caco Daemon! Satan Spawn, The Caco Daemon!

Top
 Profile  
dalecooper
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:19 am
Posts: 699
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:02 pm 
 

Image

Truly disturbing.
_________________
Unspeakable Axe Records

Dark Descent Records

Top
 Profile  
Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 3103
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:03 pm 
 

^ most evil, not most awful. :)

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4242
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:03 pm 
 

Eurnonymous wrote:
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Venom - Black Metal
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
Possessed - Seven Churches
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Sarcofago - INRI
Deicide - Legion

seriously, what's wrong with you guys?


Sure if i'd heard these albums as a kid it would freak me out, but these days it's mostly just fun thrashing metal.

Top
 Profile  
Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 3103
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:06 pm 
 

lennonlikesmetal wrote:
Sure if i'd heard these albums as a kid it would freak me out, but these days it's mostly just fun thrashing metal.


songs (respectively) like Black Metal, Come to the Sabbath, The Exorcist, Hell Awaits, Recrucify, and Satan Spawn (The Caco Daemon) still don't give you an evil feeling inside when you hear them today?

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bishop_Drugsalot, Google [Bot], MeltedFace, omnishadow and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group