Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metaliommimetal
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:26 pm 
 

hi guys, I'm new here and I need a favor: someone know the name of this band
http://zip.4chan.org/mu/src/1237756597689.jpg

Top
 Profile  
AlbertMond
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:39 pm
Posts: 233
Location: Namibia
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:56 pm 
 

...PiVig?
_________________
Snail Bob is a big fucking faggot. Listen to his shit at:
http://myspace.com/snailbobmusic

Top
 Profile  
Warghost
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 51
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:16 pm 
 

piviq? Actually, now that I look closer, there appears to be more letters. Just not bolded like the others. PiasVoid on top? Who knows. What an awful logo!


Last edited by Warghost on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
diabolikon
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:33 pm
Posts: 978
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:17 pm 
 

Sort of like this: http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4030 ... veray4.jpg

Top
 Profile  
Warghost
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 51
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:21 pm 
 

Holy shit. It's like Where's Waldo on crack.

Top
 Profile  
Nyaricus
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:52 pm
Posts: 1241
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:28 pm 
 

First Line:

P I A _ V O L I Q ...I think the "_" is a "B"

Second line (EDIT, realized there was more there):

W E _ _ C R A S W
_________________
Hoarfrost MB BM

"Doom is the blues of metal, you either feel it or you don't."
-Doomsday

Top
 Profile  
Warghost
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 51
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:34 pm 
 

After looking at what you deciphered, I believe the topline is DIABOLIQ (like diabolic)

Top
 Profile  
oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 6:25 pm
Posts: 5344
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:48 pm 
 

Warghost wrote:
After looking at what you deciphered, I believe the topline is DIABOLIQ (like diabolic)

good idea:
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=28896
_________________

I write for these magazines:
http://swirlsofnoise.com/
http://againstmagazine.com/

Analysis of band names:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103987

Top
 Profile  
screamingstatue
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:06 am
Posts: 577
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:15 pm 
 

Fucking hell...kudos for anyone who can decipher one word out of that mess! :O

Top
 Profile  
ManOfTheKing
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:32 pm
Posts: 56
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:17 pm 
 

diabolic witchcraft.

ah crap i didn't realize someone had already posted that link. my bad.

Top
 Profile  
Bryce288
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:45 am
Posts: 131
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:06 pm 
 

ManOfTheKing wrote:
diabolic witchcraft.

ah crap i didn't realize someone had already posted that link. my bad.

Your post isn't edited

Top
 Profile  
Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 3103
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:25 am 
 

some of these logos are ridiculous and i think the bands purposely make them without the least bit of readability whatsoever. the Waking the Cadaver logo looks like a pile of sticks laying around that you try and force yourself to form a word out of.

i like my band logos, i like some that are cool and obscure, but sometimes you wonder if it even really is a band logo that took any thought or just some scribbling.

Top
 Profile  
Nyaricus
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:52 pm
Posts: 1241
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:44 am 
 

:lol: huh, I wasn't too far off really! But fucked if I could have gotten "Diabolic Witchcraft" out of that mess...

----------------
Now playing: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
_________________
Hoarfrost MB BM

"Doom is the blues of metal, you either feel it or you don't."
-Doomsday

Top
 Profile  
Warghost
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 51
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:31 am 
 

Nyaricus wrote:
:lol: huh, I wasn't too far off really! But fucked if I could have gotten "Diabolic Witchcraft" out of that mess...


No kidding! Your original post is what lead me to think it was DIABOLIQ. Why on Earth did I still assume that last letter was a Q? It isn't a damn rapper. :(

On a seperate note, I think convalescent homes should print out said logos and give them to old folks in place of the cross-word puzzles. More challenging!

Top
 Profile  
elf48687789
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 1633
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:21 am 
 

Interesting how some of those bands with logos that are hard to read also have a similar singing style (with words you can't understand).

Top
 Profile  
MetalNewbie
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:58 am
Posts: 57
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 am 
 

Eurnonymous wrote:
some of these logos are ridiculous and i think the bands purposely make them without the least bit of readability whatsoever. the Waking the Cadaver logo looks like a pile of sticks laying around that you try and force yourself to form a word out of.

i like my band logos, i like some that are cool and obscure, but sometimes you wonder if it even really is a band logo that took any thought or just some scribbling.


lol. :) I sometimes wonder if there is the odd band out there that purposefully makes a logo that doesn't actually say their band name at all, or anything (maybe the odd, incredibly distorted letter from the band name to throw people off contained in it) just to mess with people.

Top
 Profile  
theposega
Poser Slayer Grindman Arselick Level X

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 2858
Location: Basedworld
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:15 am 
 

MetalNewbie wrote:
I sometimes wonder if there is the odd band out there that purposefully makes a logo that doesn't actually say their band name at all, or anything (maybe the odd, incredibly distorted letter from the band name to throw people off contained in it) just to mess with people.


Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis
_________________
Shane Embury's nudes

Top
 Profile  
spoonhead
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:01 pm
Posts: 212
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:46 am 
 

theposega wrote:
MetalNewbie wrote:
I sometimes wonder if there is the odd band out there that purposefully makes a logo that doesn't actually say their band name at all, or anything (maybe the odd, incredibly distorted letter from the band name to throw people off contained in it) just to mess with people.


Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis


Yeah their logo is just a bloody picture of maggots, skulls, fetuses and such.

Top
 Profile  
MetalNewbie
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:58 am
Posts: 57
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:59 am 
 

spoonhead wrote:
theposega wrote:
MetalNewbie wrote:
I sometimes wonder if there is the odd band out there that purposefully makes a logo that doesn't actually say their band name at all, or anything (maybe the odd, incredibly distorted letter from the band name to throw people off contained in it) just to mess with people.


Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis


Yeah their logo is just a bloody picture of maggots, skulls, fetuses and such.


I think I spotted a set of lungs! :P
_________________
My name is Sarah, and I am a thrashaholic.

Top
 Profile  
spoonhead
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:01 pm
Posts: 212
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 am 
 

MetalNewbie wrote:
spoonhead wrote:
theposega wrote:
MetalNewbie wrote:
I sometimes wonder if there is the odd band out there that purposefully makes a logo that doesn't actually say their band name at all, or anything (maybe the odd, incredibly distorted letter from the band name to throw people off contained in it) just to mess with people.


Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis


Yeah their logo is just a bloody picture of maggots, skulls, fetuses and such.


I think I spotted a set of lungs! :P


Sometimes i stare at that logo trying to make out the band name in case it is actually in there, but I can never even find the first "P" lol.

Top
 Profile  
MetalNewbie
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:58 am
Posts: 57
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:28 am 
 

spoonhead wrote:
MetalNewbie wrote:
spoonhead wrote:
theposega wrote:
MetalNewbie wrote:
I sometimes wonder if there is the odd band out there that purposefully makes a logo that doesn't actually say their band name at all, or anything (maybe the odd, incredibly distorted letter from the band name to throw people off contained in it) just to mess with people.


Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis


Yeah their logo is just a bloody picture of maggots, skulls, fetuses and such.


I think I spotted a set of lungs! :P


Sometimes i stare at that logo trying to make out the band name in case it is actually in there, but I can never even find the first "P" lol.


It appears their devious trickery is working it's magic upon your soul! :P
_________________
My name is Sarah, and I am a thrashaholic.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Foulchrist, Panflute and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group