Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:44 pm 

Little bit in advance, but lets do it! There are already few possibly very interesting records scheduled for 2017

Venenum - Trance of Death (2017)

This annoucement made me happy:
REVEAL (swe) will team up with fellow Sepulchral Voice artist VENENUM (d) for a much anticipated European tour promoting the new releases from both bands. Tour will start 31st March and end 9th April 2017.

This was kind of ghost album, but now it seems it is finally happening...

Lantern - II - Morphosis (2017)
https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com ... of-the-air

Sculptured - The Liminal Phase (2017)
I never cared for Agalloch, but I am very happy to see the return of matrix metal. I hope it will be as challenging as Embodiment.

Atrox - Monocle (2017)
Veterans of avant/progressive metal from Norway are back after long time of silence. I dont have any high expectations, but who knows...

Todesbonden - Mythos (2017)
Not that much my kind of music, but I remember some nice moments on Sleep Now, Quiet Forest, so I will be checking this one out for sure.

Nawaharjan - Lokabrenna (2017)

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:59 pm 

Alestorm - They've been playing a new song on their tour and it sounds pretty good.

Secret Sphere - Michele Luppi.

Seventh Wonder - I'm a member of the Tommy Karevik fan club, so I can't wait to hear this. He sounds A LOT better with SW compared to his work with Kamelot.

I'll have to start looking at more extreme releases since I'm getting into that stuff now.

Edit: I forgot about the new DragonForce.

Last edited by TrueDynamite on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathdoom1992
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:15 pm 

Deicide, Morbid Angel, Coroner, Kreator, Alice in Chains et al.

Hopefully 2017 will be a good year.

"Perfect crime
Goddammit it's a a perfect crime!
Motherfucker it's a perfect crime!
It's perfect!"

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:32 pm 

Xandria's new one called Theater of Dimensions comes out January 27. I like what they've been doing with their current vocalist (plus the one album with Manuela before that) so if it sounds like a continuation of Sacrificium and Fire & Ashes, I'll be happy.

Cradle of Filth haven't started recording their follow-up to Hammer of the Witches yet, but apparently they're back in the studio in December and planning for a late 2017 release. Since they still have the Hammer lineup intact, and I think that album is at least tied for the best thing they've done since 2000, I'm excited for this one.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:37 pm 

Blut Aus Nord have one coming out, I believe. Always interesting to hear what Vindsval does.

Don't Morbid Angel have one next year too?

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:40 pm 

ChineseDownhill wrote:
Xandria's new one called Theater of Dimensions comes out January 27. I like what they've been doing with their current vocalist (plus the one album with Manuela before that) so if it sounds like a continuation of Sacrificium and Fire & Ashes, I'll be happy.

Cradle of Filth haven't started recording their follow-up to Hammer of the Witches yet, but apparently they're back in the studio in December and planning for a late 2017 release. Since they still have the Hammer lineup intact, and I think that album is at least tied for the best thing they've done since 2000, I'm excited for this one.

When was the Xandria album announced? I can't believe I missed that. Dianne is one of my favorite vocalists.

EssenceofLight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:02 pm 

2016 had some awesome releases but there's still more on the way that i'm excited to hear but personally I'm more hyped about 2017.

For me my most anticipated albums would be:

Nordheim
Aeternam
Trollwar
Alestorm
Kreator
Hour of Penance
Xandria
Persefone
Mors Principium Est

aww yes!

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:12 pm 

TrueDynamite wrote:
When was the Xandria album announced? I can't believe I missed that. Dianne is one of my favorite vocalists.

About a month ago, on their official site.

No track list yet though, which I guess is why it isn't on their Metallum page.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:13 pm 

I am really excited about the new Emptiness full-length in January.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:05 pm 

Rude will release their second album "Remnants..." on January 20th through F.D.A. Rekotz. Their 2014 debut "Soul Recall" is a very well-crafted homage to early Pestilence and similar bands from around that era, complete with Dan Seagrave artwork, and the new one sounds like they'll be delivering even more of that madness.

Here's the opening song "Torrent to the Past." https://soundcloud.com/fda-rekotz/rude- ... o-the-past

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Rainbow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:19 pm 

2017's release slate looks INSANE for my favorite groups. I thought this year packed with high profile releases but god damn, check out the bands due to release new albums:

Judas Priest
Accept
Saxon
King Diamond
Overkill
Kreator
Ozzy Osbourne
Deep Purple
Jag Panzer
Argus
Wolf
Havok
Memoriam
Hail of Bullets
Sinner
Tau Cross
U.D.O.
Danzig
Exodus
Skyclad
Ex Deo

That is more than enough for me in a single year, and that's just the metal bands I'm into.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:08 pm 

I'm hoping Kranium and Wotan will finally release their new albums in 2017. They've both been working on their respective albums since 2013 or 2014. I'm also curious about Bran Barr's new album. Cold Embrace are also working on a new album, I hope it'll be ready by next year. Black Sword Thunder Attack was supposed to release an album this year or 2015 but something went wrong, so they are re-recording it. I hope it's ready by 2017.

Not metal, but Antonius Rex and Jacula were supposed to have albums out in 2014, then the dates were pushed back to 2015, then 2016, and now it's almost 2017 without any news about either album. *sigh* hopefully at least one of them will be released next year.

I'm excited for a lot of albums that don't have release dates/years that I just HOPE will be released next year. lol

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:27 pm 

The new Satyricon albums (one will be a covers album).

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:38 pm 

Unity wrote:
The new Satyricon albums (one will be a covers album).

According to multiple interviews with Satyr and Frost, the covers album isn't happening next year.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:41 pm 

The Great Old Ones will be relaasing a new one in January I think, I'm hyped as fuck.

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:54 pm 

I'm not super aware of what's set to come out yet next year, but of the ones I know Grave Digger and King Diamond are the two I'm most keen on. Grave Digger's last 4 albums have been pretty awesome stuff, so I'm hoping Healed By Metal will live up to the level of their latest stuff.

Saw someone mention new Hail of Bullets. The prospect of new Hail of Bullets I wish I were more excited for but at this point not so much. MvD's vocals were such a massive part of the music's atmosphere that Dave Ingram I doubt very much will cut it to fill his shoes. Plus as a band member he was the main contributor lyrically/conceptually, so who knows how that will go.

lordcatfish
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:06 pm 

Quite a few been mentioned already: Kreator, Ozzy, Satyricon, Morbid Angel, Coroner.

There's new ones from Sepultura and Crystal Viper early in the year that should be good.

I expect Edguy will have a new one out. It'll be three years since Space Police next year, and Tobi's always working on something. He's thrown a few possible hints about on social media too.

I think I read Alexi say Children of Bodom may begin working on new stuff next year, so maybe a late 2017 release for that (could be a bit optimistic though). Pretty sure Kalmah have been working on new material for a while too, hopefully that'll see the light of day next year.

And maybe, just maybe, a new Seventh Void album will surface. It'll be eight years since the debut by then.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:10 pm 

What has Tobi been saying on social media? I'd love to see a new Edguy album. I think Carcass might have a new album out next year, too.

lordcatfish
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:25 pm 

He posted a pic with Sascha Paeth saying they were 'at work'. Could be something related to Avantasia though, I know there's been mention of another live DVD. He's also posted a few pics from walks he's being going on, tagging them with words like 'inspiration' and 'creativity'. Maybe reading too much into these things, but I'd expect a new Edguy album even if these social media posts had nothing to do with it.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:04 pm 

Didn't know Alice in Chains had one coming, if that's true I'm massively excited.

Seconding Mors Principium Est. Their last to albums have been some of my favourite melodeath of all time, and the music previews in their studio reports have me super hyped for more of the same.

Also seconding Aeternam, those guys have done no wrong so far and the concept for this new one sounds intriguing.

Adding The Black Dahlia Murder to the slate as speculation. They haven't announced anything, but if they keep to their "album every two years in the summer" schedule which they have NEVER deviated from ever since their inception, something is coming.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:29 pm 

Probably gonna be an Iced Earth album but we all know it'll probably suck, Dystopia is pretty good though...

Im kinda amazed Edguy is still going, Tobi seems to be more interested in Avantasia

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:39 pm 

I think I've been bringing them up for at least the last three years, but... Disgorge? :lol:

Odious Mortem will finally release "Synesthesia" through Willowtip Records, and then there's Dying Fetus, Decrepit Birth, Incantation, and Immolation. Suffocation will be in the studio end of this year or early next, but even being a diehard fan as I am I have little idea what to expect.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:46 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Probably gonna be an Iced Earth album but we all know it'll probably suck, Dystopia is pretty good though...

Im kinda amazed Edguy is still going, Tobi seems to be more interested in Avantasia

That's an interesting point. Avantasia seems to be waaaaay more popular than Edguy right now.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:57 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Odious Mortem will finally release "Synesthesia" through Willowtip Records

Yeah, this one will be a decade in the making, but I wonder if it'll match Cryptic Implosion, which still holds up really well today. I'll be interested to hear it.

New Hour of Penance in January, and new Spawn of Possession will also reign. Might also be time for another Cannibal Corpse album next year, too.

Rosenthorn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:27 pm 

Threshold is going to release a new album next year. They have yet to put out a bad record, so I await it with much anticipation.

Obey the dolphin!

tahu157
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:58 pm 

King Diamond will probably be great as usual. I want to say Sympuls-e said they were gonna crowd-fund an album soon but idk when. Xandria will probably be decent.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:41 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Yeah, this one will be a decade in the making, but I wonder if it'll match Cryptic Implosion, which still holds up really well today. I'll be interested to hear it.

If it helps, it's the same lineup as that album. A tall order considering it'll be ten years since then and how many other bands of their style and status are hard pressed to retain lineups.

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:43 pm 

The Great Old Ones
Woe
Wolvhammer
Hateful Abandon (hopefully)
Black Pyramid
Chrome Waves

And I guess it'd be stupid to hope for Pagan Altar to finally put their final album out, but dammit if I won't hope for it anyhow.

Oh, and not (technically) metal, but I hope ISON does a f/l next year. Their 2015 EP is incredible. In the same vein, also excited for new stuff from Liar In Wait, which is long overdue.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:21 am 

I will be looking out for new Overkill. I'm expecting pretty similar quality to the last three.

I am also really excited for Persuader's newest album. I though that The Fiction Maze was a slight step back from When Eden Burns, but it was still really solid. This is probably my most anticipated release so far.

I will also second Alestorm, Grave Digger, and Mors Principium Est (assuming those bands are releasing material next year. I had only heard about Grave Digger prior to this).

I just remembered that Aetherian and Damnation Plan announced releases for next year too. Aetherian's EP had some really great melodeath/doomy stuff and Damnation Plan is the closest thing I can get to MyGrain anymore.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:33 am 

Christopher Bowes (Alestorm) mentioned the new album when I saw them on not too long ago. They also played a new song called "Mexico".

PurpleDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:07 am 

Reasonably excited for Grave Digger and The Great Old Ones and fervently praying for new Visigoth. They said they were planning to record an album this year, so hopefully we'll see something in not too long...

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:23 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

If it helps, it's the same lineup as that album. A tall order considering it'll be ten years since then and how many other bands of their style and status are hard pressed to retain lineups.

Having the exact same line-up is awesome, and rare, but people certainly change in 10 years. I'll be keen to hear some stuff but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.

Terri23
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:01 am 

UK's Solstice, and hopefully, though I'm not holding my breath, but Pagan Altar to finally put out Never Quite Dead. Hell have also discussed how they've been in the studio, so one can assume that they'll have one out next year.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:48 am 

Yes, finally the thread. Hope in an interesting 2017 as well as the current was/is.

sure:
Hour Of Penance
Deserted Fear
Broken Hope
Logic Of Denial
Kreator

probably:
Pathology
Cemetery Urn
Disgorge
Bloodtruth
Hail Of Bullets
Memoriam

only dream of:
Myrkskog
Severe Torture

"You make it easy."

Rompestromper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:04 am 

Mors P. Est is anticipated here as well, saw the studio updates on their facebook so that will be nice to have.
I hope for the new Decrepit Birth album and Dying Fetus album
For certain, Persefone - Aathma on the 24th of February, quite hyped for that one!

conquer__all
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:21 am 

King diamond, Fen, Satyricon.

volutetheswarth
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:43 am 

Abyssal - Self explanatory, really.
Gigan - Eric Hersemann is a really cool guy and this band hasn't released a crap record so I'm always eager for new music.
AKERCOCKE's next opus of course, should be a hell of a face-shredding while very melodic sixth album.
Carcass - although Surgical Steel was a disappointment for me I think they'll be more inspired and less fan-service this time.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:01 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Gigan - Eric Hersemann is a really cool guy and this band hasn't released a crap record so I'm always eager for new music.

Oh, cool. Wasn't aware they were releasing another one next year. I really liked ...Super Science so more of that would be welcomed.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:09 am 

Kreator
Deicide
Immolation
Danzig
Suffocation
Mortician/Bits of Gore

Possibilities:
Monstrosity
Vital Remains
Cannibal Corpse

Iffy:
Morbid Angel

stefan86
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:01 am 

A lot of death metal next year:
Benighted
Hour of Penance
Immolation

I'm hoping for a long awaited Junius album too.

Add me on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stefan86

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next