Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Beer Baron
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 pm
Posts: 2098
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 am 
 

Obliteration - Black Death Horizon

I'm not a fan of the vocals here but those damn riffs make it so easy for them to go by unnoticed. Brilliant band

Top
 Profile  
MasterOfSin
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 am
Posts: 284
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 am 
 

Rob Rock - Eyes Of Eternity
_________________
.-.. --- -. --. / .-.. .. ...- . / .... . .- ...- -.-- / -- . - .- .-..

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Veteran

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 3102
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:50 am 
 

Profanum-The Descent into Medieval Darkness

Awesome and eerie black music, and I say black without metal because they were no guitars or bass, only screams, drums(programmed I think) and pianos/violins. One of the darkest albums I have ever listened to, a true masterpiece.

What a pity that they ended a band like this one and they still play in a uninteresting black/thrash band about drugs/sex, mehhhhhhh :ugh:

Top
 Profile  
MasterOfSin
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 am
Posts: 284
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:15 am 
 

Scald - Will Of The Gods Is Great Power
_________________
.-.. --- -. --. / .-.. .. ...- . / .... . .- ...- -.-- / -- . - .- .-..

Top
 Profile  
Folkemon_
Veteran

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 2634
Location: England
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:46 am 
 

Sonata Arctica – Last Drop Falls

Walking in the cool night air without underwear
_________________
Don't you think I'm a savior
Don't you think I could save you
Don't you think I could save your life

Top
 Profile  
Maniac Matis
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am
Posts: 429
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:12 am 
 

Drudkh - Only the wind remembers my name

Incredibly passionate and soulful instrumental.
_________________
BastardHead wrote:
I want to print out this thread and wipe my ass with it.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Top
 Profile  
The Lions Den
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 am
Posts: 1363
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am 
 

Evanescence - Evanescence 2011

Amy Lee is the woman!!! Such an emotional and powerful vocal chords :love:
_________________
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex…every sort of filth. And ya hate the police, don't ya?"

"You make it easy."

Top
 Profile  
MasterOfSin
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 am
Posts: 284
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 am 
 

Moonspell - Wolfheart
_________________
.-.. --- -. --. / .-.. .. ...- . / .... . .- ...- -.-- / -- . - .- .-..

Top
 Profile  
Perdition666
Metal freak

Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:40 pm
Posts: 5049
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:23 am 
 

Spoiler: show
Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:
Light Bringer also effortlessly weave in lots of different influences and everything just works. I'm not even sure how to describe the main melody of "Le Cirque de Minuit" - it reminds me of something. Awesome stuff, nonetheless. A lot of their melodies are pretty unique, or at least pretty different to what I'm normally used to.

That song does have a really strange chorus now that I think about it. It feels like it's about to end, but Fuki just keeps going to that piercing high note. The intro riff is pretty crazy too.

I like the live version of that one a lot. I'm still trying to figure out how Fuki's voice got so powerful between Tales of Almanac and Midnight Circus. Unless Tales of Almanac was recorded a year or two before its release date.

Quote:
Quote:
Her vibrato, power, and range are insane. She's also very charismatic as well. I think she mops the floor with nearly all female vocalists over here - and most of the guys too.

I'm not really sure how many female vocalists can be praised for their low range, but man Fuki can sing really low (for a girl obviously).

Plus she can still do those girly highs and whatnot. I wonder what her octave range is?

On a side-note, I got that new Gacharic Spin (nice album) and Light Bringer's Mao composed a song on this.

Quote:
Quote:
Indeed. I esp. like his work in Alhambra (that band tends to show off more). He writes most of Light Bringer's songs too (while Fuki does all the lyrics).

That's what my guess would have been. Funnily enough, I just realized that Hibiki didn't actually play on their first album which is currently the only one I've ordered. Oh well, the couple of songs I've heard sounded pretty amazing anyway.

Alhambra had a different guitarist and bassist on their debut - one of the reasons why they re-recorded it. I'm sure the original musicians were good - they probably didn't want to give them royalty payments haha Their current guitarist is extremely good - I wonder what bands he was in previously. Musicians of that caliber just don't randomly come out of nowhere.

Quote:
Quote:
Indeed. I didn't even notice it at first - I started to pick up on Tales of Historia's complexity around play 10 or so. I must be dense or something. :lol: All I'm gonna say is they hold their own nicely when playing them after Galneryus. My god, I'm really scared to go back and listen to some of my older power metal CDs - they'll probably sound laughable in comparison to what I'm listening to now.

Hah, I do feel kind of bad for the assorted western power metal albums I never listen to anymore. They're not even bad really, but it just doesn't compare.

I actually sold off most of the middling shit between 2009 and 2010 - I don't miss a single one of those albums one bit. If I didn't do that, I'd be having a firesale as we speak haha Some power/prog still holds up ok, but a lot of regular power metal is pretty rudimentary, musically. I think I'm becoming spoiled these days.

Quote:
Quote:
I almost prefer female vocals to be as high/shrill/piercing as possible these days. :lol: I think my favorite song off of Cross Vein's "Profusion" single is "Red Star". Its really fast with a nice onslaught of shrill vocals. Fairly complicated too - I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier. Its not on youtube, but some guy did a guitar cover of it there. I think that's the same guy who covered Art of Gradation.

That guy can play pretty well. Those vocals do pierce through the mix quite well despite otherwise being buried by the guy's playing. There's definitely some careful thought put into the writing. Good, subtle variations in the verse riffs instead of just repeating everything is something I really appreciate.

Damn, I didn't even notice that. I probably should go back and play that again hehe Nothing's been confirmed, but I wouldn't be shocked if they do a new album this year.

Quote:
Quote:
The great thing is their discography (like most long-standing Japanese bands) is very consistent. I nailed all their stuff last year, and I recently finished Galneryus off. I'm just mowing down assorted bands now before moving on to Anthem, Inugami Circus-Dan, and a few others. There's no end to this stuff haha

Japanese bands do seem to be much more consistent (in rock and metal at least) than western ones for whatever reason. While the vast majority of thrash bands turned to crap in the 90s, Gargoyle was getting better and better. I don't even really check out material that much beforehand from bands I already know (so far, so good on that). Even if I wanted to check out material, I probably couldn't actually. Maybe if I hunt around on Niconico, but that's just too much work.

The 90s were kinda dry for Japan - Gargoyle and Sigh being some of the few prominent quality bands over there. Ningen-Isu appears to be pretty consistent too (haven't gotten around to playing them yet). Heavy/power metal in the 90s was pretty dead from my observations (probably why they lapped western stuff up so readily).

Quote:
Quote:
I won! No bidding war either, thank god. 7200 yen (before fees, shipping, etc) isn't too horrible. That's the most I've ever spent on a CD though (trumping Septic Flesh's "Mystic Places of Dawn" (1st press) and Pan-Thy-Monium "Dawn of Dreams"). I just hope its in good shape, reaches me fine, etc.

That's not bad. I can easily imagine myself spending that much on “Midnight Circus” (which I probably will end up doing at some point in the vague future). The most I've ever spent was on Gargoyle's “Aratama” which was about ~$50, so you've got me beat there :lol:.

I forgot about internal shipping and service fees. That put it up to 9000 yen. Ick. Oh well, what's done is done and I can stop ulcerating myself over that album. Now watch it get reissued in a month. :lol:

Quote:
Quote:
I have a 320 CBR rip of Tales of Almanac which doesn't seem too bad... for a mp3 rip. At least I didn't notice any defects. I may try to buy this one eventually, but I don't know if I can bring myself to spending 200-300 dollars for a CD. Maybe once all my wants are taken care of or something. In the meantime, here's to hoping someone reissues the damn thing.

I always try to avoid mp3 because software freedoms and yadda yadda. I guess deep down on the inside, my subsconsious considers that popping noise my punishment for downloading Light Bringer :lol:. I have a feeling that I'll probably end up shelling out money for Tales of Almanac, but that'd be off in the far future I think.

I always find it a good feeling to replace a crappy mp3 rip with my own after I get the CD. I think I understand where old-school death metal fans are coming from with rare albums now - OOP Japanese power metal has a similar allure for me. The music is obviously great, but I think Japanese CDs is also feeding my collectoritis as well :lol:

Quote:
Quote:
Plus if people want more, there's always that Alsatia EP - that one has one of my favorite songs by them "Wings". Pity they didn't do more songs like that one. There's also another single released around that period called "Shining Moments" - I don't think it ever got a CD release. I may have to open an itunes account for the sole purpose of getting that (it has 2 exclusive songs).

Ah, I need to get ahold of that Alastia EP one of these days. I did love the title track on it.

The other 3 songs are really good too. The Everlasting single is worth getting too - "Bleed in Chaos" is an awesome song. "Hunting for your Dream" is worth getting for "Metal Trigger" alone. Not sure if there's any point in getting both versions though. I did, but I'm a retard haha

Quote:
Quote:
They've done a lot of openers for Anime, songs for video games, etc.[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HB6Xj5fZSI]Kuusou Mesorogiwi[/url] is probably their most popular song and there's a very good chance you've heard this one. I learned how to count to 3 in German thanks to this song! :lol:

Yup, I've heard this one too. I guess I just never noticed how metallic it was before though.

A lot of their older stuff is dangerously close to symphonic power metal - all they had to do was beef up the guitars a bit (which they did now).

Their vocalist allegedly sings for DenKare (Denkishiki Karen Ongaku Shuudan) - not sure why they're so secretive about that. They're probably the band that started my interest in Japanese power metal - at that time, I considered power metal completely dead. I couple of my favorites:

Distorted Pain
White Wedding

Quote:
Quote:
That Velmentia may be of interest - going by the trailer, I hear a bit of Gamma Ray, Galneryus and others in their sound.

Pretty good trailer. I'm really bad at judging trailers though; maybe somebody will post a full song one of these days.

That album was solid - the last 2 songs were the best though. I'll need to play it more though to see if it grows on me, but its definitely a competent debut. Lyrics are mostly in Japanese - I think accented English would've really hurt this album.

Quote:
Quote:
MinstreliX can actually do melodeath well. Normally when most power metal bands try that stuff (hello Elvenking!) it sounds really dumb. Some Japanese melodeath is actually pretty good. I'm pretty fond of Veiled in Scarlet, My Material Season, Thousand Eyes, and Serenity in Murder.

Yeah, the closing, melodeath track on “Reflections” is absolutely killer as well. I guess I'm more partial to melodeath that borders power metal as opposed to say metalcore.

Same here. MinstreliX's melodeath songs are also pretty complicated and have neoclassical parts. That "Through the Gates of Death" EP is really nice.

Destrose's vocalist Marina recently left - I'm pretty fucking gutted about that. I think think I've taken a vocalist departure this bad since Martin left Skyclad. She actually wrote most of their recent material. She's probably my second favorite power metal vocalist after Fuki. Sho (Galneryus) was actually her vocal instructor, which I found pretty neat. Considering her talent level, I have no doubt her starting/joining a new band. This is probably my favorite song by them - god I hate PVs that cut out right when the guitar solo starts (and that one is pretty nice too).

Quote:
Quote:
Fortunately there are some great releases to come to make the wait seem bearable. That Mahatma I want damn near as much as that Light Bringer haha Once a PV is released, I'll post it here. Here's a live crossfade - I wish they'd show the entire thing instead of jumping around from song to song (better than nothing though). And yeah, that's Hibiki on bass there.

Crossfades are frustrating aren't they? You like a part and it quickly fades away. Oh well. They sounded great though.

New PV, finally!

Youtube: show

Gacharic Spin "Winner"

For J-pop, this sounds surprisingly close to metal at times.
_________________
last.fm | Rate Your Music | Japanese Metal Forum

Top
 Profile  
Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 2317
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:50 am 
 

Desaster - Nekropolis Karthago

I've been really getting into Desaster recently; much like a black-thrash version of Motorhead, all of their songs sound quite similar to the untrained-ear, but they slowly grow more rewarding with time and attention.
_________________
Heavy-Metal Spotlight: Most Recent review: Cirith Ungol - Paradise Lost
I drum haphazardly in: NNGNN -- "Death By The Venomhammer" EP available on Bandcamp

Top
 Profile  
MorbidEngel
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 763
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:06 pm 
 

NP: Aborted [Global Flatline, 2012] - 03. The Origin of Disease (01:02/03:04) {322 kbp/s}
Now this is some good shit
_________________
last.fm - Feel free to add, just let me know who you are first

Top
 Profile  
Dudemanguy
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 2236
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:46 pm 
 

Spoiler: show
Perdition666 wrote:
I like the live version of that one a lot. I'm still trying to figure out how Fuki's voice got so powerful between Tales of Almanac and Midnight Circus. Unless Tales of Almanac was recorded a year or two before its release date.

I think she sung that way on purpose on “Tales of Almanac.” The one Dragon Guardian album she did vocals on sounds much more like her powerful voice.

Quote:
Plus she can still do those girly highs and whatnot. I wonder what her octave range is?

On a side-note, I got that new Gacharic Spin (nice album) and Light Bringer's Mao composed a song on this.[

I'd imagine it's one of those ridiculous 3+ octave ranges.

Quote:
Alhambra had a different guitarist and bassist on their debut - one of the reasons why they re-recorded it. I'm sure the original musicians were good - they probably didn't want to give them royalty payments haha Their current guitarist is extremely good - I wonder what bands he was in previously. Musicians of that caliber just don't randomly come out of nowhere.

It sure feels like they randomly come out of nowhere though.

Quote:
I actually sold off most of the middling shit between 2009 and 2010 - I don't miss a single one of those albums one bit. If I didn't do that, I'd be having a firesale as we speak haha Some power/prog still holds up ok, but a lot of regular power metal is pretty rudimentary, musically. I think I'm becoming spoiled these days.

Yeah, regular power metal is kind of bland musically. Especially the drumming, ugh. So much double bass that it loses all impact and just sounds like a drone.

Quote:
Damn, I didn't even notice that. I probably should go back and play that again hehe Nothing's been confirmed, but I wouldn't be shocked if they do a new album this year.

It's really subtle. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I missed too.

Quote:
The 90s were kinda dry for Japan - Gargoyle and Sigh being some of the few prominent quality bands over there. Ningen-Isu appears to be pretty consistent too (haven't gotten around to playing them yet). Heavy/power metal in the 90s was pretty dead from my observations (probably why they lapped western stuff up so readily).

I guess that's true for metal now that I think about it. There's loads of visual kei/jrock bands that I like that got their start in the 90s (Kuroyume, Laputa, Malice Mizer, etc.).

Quote:
I forgot about internal shipping and service fees. That put it up to 9000 yen. Ick. Oh well, what's done is done and I can stop ulcerating myself over that album. Now watch it get reissued in a month. :lol:

Well, at least you can brag on the internet that you own a rare copy.

Quote:
I always find it a good feeling to replace a crappy mp3 rip with my own after I get the CD. I think I understand where old-school death metal fans are coming from with rare albums now - OOP Japanese power metal has a similar allure for me. The music is obviously great, but I think Japanese CDs is also feeding my collectoritis as well :lol:

Nothing quite like collecting out-of-print Japanese metal albums to feed the collector in you eh? I apparently managed to score the pressing of Gargoyle's “Aratama” with the weird, giant booklet. Apparently, it either comes with their 1992 EP or the Hong Kong Guy was just nice and slipped it in. Whatever the case, I pretty much thought I'd never be able to find that one, so that was a really good surprise.

Quote:
A lot of their older stuff is dangerously close to symphonic power metal - all they had to do was beef up the guitars a bit (which they did now).

Their vocalist allegedly sings for DenKare (Denkishiki Karen Ongaku Shuudan) - not sure why they're so secretive about that. They're probably the band that started my interest in Japanese power metal - at that time, I considered power metal completely dead. I couple of my favorites:

Distorted Pain
White Wedding

Definitely sounds exactly like her. I'm not exactly sure why you'd try to hide it either. Great tracks though.

Quote:
Same here. MinstreliX's melodeath songs are also pretty complicated and have neoclassical parts. That "Through the Gates of Death" EP is really nice.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be getting both of those EPs/singles in today. I'm been liking MinstreliX's stuff way more than I thought I would. I also just realized today that their new keyboardist actually is a girl and not a crossdressing guy. :lol:

Quote:
Destrose's vocalist Marina recently left - I'm pretty fucking gutted about that. I think think I've taken a vocalist departure this bad since Martin left Skyclad. She actually wrote most of their recent material. She's probably my second favorite power metal vocalist after Fuki. Sho (Galneryus) was actually her vocal instructor, which I found pretty neat. Considering her talent level, I have no doubt her starting/joining a new band. This is probably my favorite song by them - god I hate PVs that cut out right when the guitar solo starts (and that one is pretty nice too).

Whoever came up with pv samples is one evil bastard. Good song though.

Quote:
New PV, finally!

I didn't expect all of that acoustic, drum and bass trading off during the verses. It's a really good touch. And of course, the rumbling basslines are always welcome. Man, that solo section is also pretty genius.


Gargoyle – 人の為

Probably the most hispanic-sounding Japanese song ever written. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but damn, it's cool. Love that funky bass.

Top
 Profile  
narsilianshard
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 1376
Location: Mexico City
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 pm 
 

Transcending Bizarre? - The Four Scissors

Can't believe I count Sigh as one of my favorite bands and I've never listened to these guys before. Brilliant, wacky stuff.
_________________
Recent Ramblings: Thrawsunblat - Metachthonia Review | Mexico City Black and Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
Arkhane
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 pm
Posts: 1779
Location: South Texas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:34 pm 
 

For the third time....

Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit

I have been trying and trying to get into this band, and so far its been a little hard because of the simplistic melodies and lack of a full atmosphere. Simplistic melodies really work in funeral doom and black metal because of this aspect, but Agalloch sounds way too meaty to be doing riffs based around the idea of atmosphere. This particular album though is alright. Still beefy, but at least there's a little bit of frigid in there to even the scale.
_________________
Arkhane, Progressive Melodeath

Recording and Mixing by Infinitenexus

Top
 Profile  
Dudemanguy
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 2236
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 pm 
 

MinstreliX - Eternal Death Rave

I did manage to get both of these EPs/singles in today. Pretty sweet stuff.

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Argentinian Acid

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 6807
Location: The Land Down Under (no, not THAT one)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm 
 

Evertale - In the Sign of the Valiant Warrior, off Of Dragons and Elves

From a distance, this may strike you as extremely stereotypical, wimpy Europower. However, a thorough listen will reveal what is essentially the result of a more pissed off modern Blind Guardian raping Rhapsody of Fire to death, the resutling spawn inheriting all of its mother's pomp and none of her crappiness.

This is rather good, is what I'm trying to say.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
Xlxlx, I'm very proud of you for standing up to the cisgender patriarchy and embracing who you really are. No matter what others may say always remember: you are beautiful and you are a goddamn empanada.

Top
 Profile  
Dudemanguy
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 2236
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:39 pm 
 

Gargoyle - どこかで地虫がないていた

Finally got a new Gargoyle album! I'm not sure how to describe this song. There's some funky bass line thing going on and some really groovy guitars that have a thrashy touch to them. And Kiba is shouting unintelliglbe things at me like usual, but man it's pretty badass.

Top
 Profile  
Folkemon_
Veteran

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 2634
Location: England
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:53 pm 
 

Kataklysm – Chronicles Of The Damned


Pretty good album
_________________
Don't you think I'm a savior
Don't you think I could save you
Don't you think I could save your life

Top
 Profile  
Dudemanguy
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 2236
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 pm 
 

Alhambra - God Keeper

Man, this album was everything I wanted it to be and more. Wicked cool instrumental track where everyone tastefully shows off.

Top
 Profile  
Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 2317
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 pm 
 

Death - Infernal Death

Listening to Scream Bloody Gore all the way through for the first time in a year or so. It's nice to revisit a cornerstone-record like this with a further-developed knowledge of metal, and I feel like I appreciate it all the more now.
_________________
Heavy-Metal Spotlight: Most Recent review: Cirith Ungol - Paradise Lost
I drum haphazardly in: NNGNN -- "Death By The Venomhammer" EP available on Bandcamp

Top
 Profile  
Perdition666
Metal freak

Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:40 pm
Posts: 5049
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:08 pm 
 

Spoiler: show
Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:
I like the live version of that one a lot. I'm still trying to figure out how Fuki's voice got so powerful between Tales of Almanac and Midnight Circus. Unless Tales of Almanac was recorded a year or two before its release date.

I think she sung that way on purpose on “Tales of Almanac.” The one Dragon Guardian album she did vocals on sounds much more like her powerful voice.

I'm inclined to agree. I actually completed my Dragon Guardian collection recently (bar one compilation). Their discography is really confusing :lol: Each album is pretty much Arthur Brave collaborating with someone. He's done a few albums with MinstreliX's vocalist. I think my favorite albums are his collaborations with Knights of Round (another great Japanese power metal band - worth checking out if you haven't done so already).

Quote:
Quote:
I actually sold off most of the middling shit between 2009 and 2010 - I don't miss a single one of those albums one bit. If I didn't do that, I'd be having a firesale as we speak haha Some power/prog still holds up ok, but a lot of regular power metal is pretty rudimentary, musically. I think I'm becoming spoiled these days.

Yeah, regular power metal is kind of bland musically. Especially the drumming, ugh. So much double bass that it loses all impact and just sounds like a drone.

A lot of the drummers are so uncreative, they might as well use drum machines. One thing I appreciated with MinstreliX (esp. the new album) is the drumming - very creative and fast as fuck too.

Quote:
Quote:
Damn, I didn't even notice that. I probably should go back and play that again hehe Nothing's been confirmed, but I wouldn't be shocked if they do a new album this year.

It's really subtle. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I missed too.

Sometimes I'm so focused on the vocals or melodies that a lot of structural/rhythmic stuff I miss.

Quote:
Quote:
I forgot about internal shipping and service fees. That put it up to 9000 yen. Ick. Oh well, what's done is done and I can stop ulcerating myself over that album. Now watch it get reissued in a month. :lol:

Well, at least you can brag on the internet that you own a rare copy.

Shockingly enough, the item already reached the shopping service I use. That was pretty damn fast. Since they didn't contact me about any bad news, I'm guessing its in ok shape.

Oh, have you heard Tears of Tragedy before? They're another favorite Japanese band of mine. Prison of Abyss is probably their proggiest song and not really a good representation of their sound, but I felt it was a cool one to share first. Here's a live version of an older song.

I noticed a bunch of their stuff that was uploaded to youtube got deleted. Normally I hate piracy and whatnot, but times like this its really convenient to share songs.

Quote:
Quote:
I always find it a good feeling to replace a crappy mp3 rip with my own after I get the CD. I think I understand where old-school death metal fans are coming from with rare albums now - OOP Japanese power metal has a similar allure for me. The music is obviously great, but I think Japanese CDs is also feeding my collectoritis as well :lol:

Nothing quite like collecting out-of-print Japanese metal albums to feed the collector in you eh? I apparently managed to score the pressing of Gargoyle's “Aratama” with the weird, giant booklet. Apparently, it either comes with their 1992 EP or the Hong Kong Guy was just nice and slipped it in. Whatever the case, I pretty much thought I'd never be able to find that one, so that was a really good surprise.

Its pretty cool to get albums when they come out then watch them become collectors items. I really wish I started with Japanese music back in say... 2008. I could've sidestepped buying a lot of 3rd-rate Euro-metal and got Light Bringer and MinstreliX's debuts when they first came out. Its funny, back around then I was dabbling with stuff like Wizards' Hymn, Area51, etc. Amazed I didn't get into Galneryus then, I was certainly aware of them. Maybe the pricetag for the CDs scared me off.

Quote:
Quote:
Their vocalist allegedly sings for DenKare (Denkishiki Karen Ongaku Shuudan) - not sure why they're so secretive about that. They're probably the band that started my interest in Japanese power metal - at that time, I considered power metal completely dead. I couple of my favorites:

Distorted Pain
White Wedding

Definitely sounds exactly like her. I'm not exactly sure why you'd try to hide it either. Great tracks though.

Probably label issues or something. Like they couldn't see through this haha Its funny, initially I assumed most Japanese female vocalists sounded like Yui, and 18 months later, I can't think of too many vocalists who sound like her. Oh, that chick in Rose & Rosary does.

Some of DenKare's stuff is flatout J-pop

Quote:
Quote:
Same here. MinstreliX's melodeath songs are also pretty complicated and have neoclassical parts. That "Through the Gates of Death" EP is really nice.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be getting both of those EPs/singles in today. I'm been liking MinstreliX's stuff way more than I thought I would. I also just realized today that their new keyboardist actually is a girl and not a crossdressing guy. :lol:

Yup, Aoi is a girl. Pretty talented too. Their old keyboardist Yui (always thought that was a girl's name, but I guess not) was pretty good too. His current project Roman So Words is worth checking out. MinstreliX's guitarist has done guest guitar for them, along with Crying Machine's guitarist. Hell, Hibiki did some guest bass on their latest single. They're a lot more theatric/dramatic than MinstreliX and have female vocals. Only Japan could pull this shit off :lol: Speaking of which, Marchen Station is worth checking out too - they're even more bombastic and over the top. MinstreliX's vocalist sings for them (he's in a lot of bands, actually).

Quote:
Quote:
Destrose's vocalist Marina recently left - I'm pretty fucking gutted about that. I think think I've taken a vocalist departure this bad since Martin left Skyclad. She actually wrote most of their recent material. She's probably my second favorite power metal vocalist after Fuki. Sho (Galneryus) was actually her vocal instructor, which I found pretty neat. Considering her talent level, I have no doubt her starting/joining a new band. This is probably my favorite song by them - god I hate PVs that cut out right when the guitar solo starts (and that one is pretty nice too).

Whoever came up with pv samples is one evil bastard. Good song though.

Indeed. I think they sell the full PVs on DVD at gigs or something. I notice Skywings lost their vocalist - a side of me is hoping Marina joins them. If she opts to sing for a pop/rock band, that'd be a waste of talent. Her voice is made for metal - preferably the fast/soaring variety.

Quote:
Quote:
New PV, finally!

I didn't expect all of that acoustic, drum and bass trading off during the verses. It's a really good touch. And of course, the rumbling basslines are always welcome. Man, that solo section is also pretty genius.

I'm very happy with that new Mahatma PV - I played it several times today. Its a strange choice for a PV and an opening track, being really complicated and abusing time signatures like Alhambra does. They seemed to step up the instrumental game a bit with this one (not like the old stuff was even close to being simple). The drumming is pretty insane too. It was also more metal than expected, towards the end verging on power metal. Mind you, stuff like that shouldn't surprise me anymore :lol:

Knights of Round "A Falling Blossom Will Bloom Again"

Pretty nice melodic power metal - I like the guitars on this a lot.
_________________
last.fm | Rate Your Music | Japanese Metal Forum

Top
 Profile  
Dudemanguy
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 2236
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 pm 
 

Spoiler: show
Perdition666 wrote:
I'm inclined to agree. I actually completed my Dragon Guardian collection recently (bar one compilation). Their discography is really confusing :lol: Each album is pretty much Arthur Brave collaborating with someone. He's done a few albums with MinstreliX's vocalist. I think my favorite albums are his collaborations with Knights of Round (another great Japanese power metal band - worth checking out if you haven't done so already).

I think I have one Dragon Guardian album lying around somewhere. It's not bad at all, but I can't say I listen to it very often. I mean to give them a proper look at some point in the future, but that discography is pretty intimidating.

Quote:
A lot of the drummers are so uncreative, they might as well use drum machines. One thing I appreciated with MinstreliX (esp. the new album) is the drumming - very creative and fast as fuck too.

I can't say I've been able to get all the drumming in my head yet, but you're definitely not wrong. This just means I need to listen to their stuff more.

Quote:
Sometimes I'm so focused on the vocals or melodies that a lot of structural/rhythmic stuff I miss.

Hell, sometimes I get so focused on the vocals that I completely miss the riffs. :lol:

Quote:
Well, at least you can brag on the internet that you own a rare copy.
Shockingly enough, the item already reached the shopping service I use. That was pretty damn fast. Since they didn't contact me about any bad news, I'm guessing its in ok shape.

Oh, have you heard Tears of Tragedy before? They're another favorite Japanese band of mine. Prison of Abyss is probably their proggiest song and not really a good representation of their sound, but I felt it was a cool one to share first. Here's a live version of an older song.

I noticed a bunch of their stuff that was uploaded to youtube got deleted. Normally I hate piracy and whatnot, but times like this its really convenient to share songs.

I've seen that cover floating around actually. First time listening to any material though, and I was definitely impressed. Seeing an 11-minute track is kind of intimidating at first, but it actually flies by.

Quote:
Its pretty cool to get albums when they come out then watch them become collectors items. I really wish I started with Japanese music back in say... 2008. I could've sidestepped buying a lot of 3rd-rate Euro-metal and got Light Bringer and MinstreliX's debuts when they first came out. Its funny, back around then I was dabbling with stuff like Wizards' Hymn, Area51, etc. Amazed I didn't get into Galneryus then, I was certainly aware of them. Maybe the pricetag for the CDs scared me off.

Yeah me too. I wish I got on this years ago. I was certainly at least aware of Galneryus since my highschool days; I have no idea why it took me so long to get their stuff.

Quote:
Probably label issues or something. Like they couldn't see through this haha Its funny, initially I assumed most Japanese female vocalists sounded like Yui, and 18 months later, I can't think of too many vocalists who sound like her. Oh, that chick in Rose & Rosary does.

Some of DenKare's stuff is flatout J-pop

That's as j-pop as j-pop gets. I think I've probably heard vocalists that sound similar to Yui, but I wouldn't know any of their names nor would I be familiar with any of the material.

Quote:
Yup, Aoi is a girl. Pretty talented too. Their old keyboardist Yui (always thought that was a girl's name, but I guess not) was pretty good too. His current project Roman So Words is worth checking out. MinstreliX's guitarist has done guest guitar for them, along with Crying Machine's guitarist. Hell, Hibiki did some guest bass on their latest single. They're a lot more theatric/dramatic than MinstreliX and have female vocals. Only Japan could pull this shit off :lol: Speaking of which, Marchen Station is worth checking out too - they're even more bombastic and over the top. MinstreliX's vocalist sings for them (he's in a lot of bands, actually).

I'm pretty sure that Yui can go either way. I've heard Marchen Station before actually. I think I clicked on a random cover or something, but yeah it's very overtop and flowery (in a good way though). Don't have any of their albums though. And yeah, Leo Figaro sings in like everything. That name flows nicely actually, but I was aware of the guy for a good while at least (probably Dragon Guardian).

Quote:
Indeed. I think they sell the full PVs on DVD at gigs or something. I notice Skywings lost their vocalist - a side of me is hoping Marina joins them. If she opts to sing for a pop/rock band, that'd be a waste of talent. Her voice is made for metal - preferably the fast/soaring variety.

That's a shame. I haven't heard a lot of their stuff, but I did really like his vocals especially on that “In Bloom” PV. The stand-up keyboard solo was cool, too.

Quote:
I'm very happy with that new Mahatma PV - I played it several times today. Its a strange choice for a PV and an opening track, being really complicated and abusing time signatures like Alhambra does. They seemed to step up the instrumental game a bit with this one (not like the old stuff was even close to being simple). The drumming is pretty insane too. It was also more metal than expected, towards the end verging on power metal. Mind you, stuff like that shouldn't surprise me anymore :lol:

It is indeed a really strange track. The way it's structured is just weird. You've got the really metal bits meshed with some acoustic stuff that sometimes flows together and other times seems really abrupt. I'm realizing that It's a hard song to describe now that I'm trying to.


Albion – Flos Paradiso~君に読む絵本~

A good strong closer. I've been slowly making up my mind about the drum sound on this album (I got the bass drum confused with the bass guitar in the PV. Hah, I felt silly afterwards). I do actually love the natural sound of the drums (especially the hollow-sounding snares), but my only beef is with the bass drum. There's simply not enough bass in its sound, but honestly, I got used to it and got over it. I'd probably prefer if the bass drum was more normal sounding, but I can dig the album just fine without it.

Top
 Profile  
Maniac Matis
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am
Posts: 429
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:50 pm 
 

Mutiilation - Magical Shadows of a Tragic Past

Something about this is so mysterious and woeful. Pure sorrow.
_________________
BastardHead wrote:
I want to print out this thread and wipe my ass with it.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Top
 Profile  
MasterOfSin
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 am
Posts: 284
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:41 am 
 

Whyzdom - Blind
_________________
.-.. --- -. --. / .-.. .. ...- . / .... . .- ...- -.-- / -- . - .- .-..

Top
 Profile  
ScandalfTheShite
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:46 am
Posts: 846
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:04 am 
 

Accept - New World Coming

Nothing else than Blood of the Nations in my stereos for a few days. Some say this song is filler... Well, the chorus caught me instantly.
_________________
The rider wearing black
He's gonna shoot you in the back

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Veteran

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 3102
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 am 
 

Orkrist-Desire in the Grace of the Night (Symphonie des Grauens)

Amazing atmostheric black metal/doom with medieval and folk touches, simply magic.

Top
 Profile  
Beer Baron
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 pm
Posts: 2098
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 am 
 

Svattjern - Towards The Ultimate

Decent mid-paced Black metal. The riffs just don't do enough for me.

Edit: Actually, some songs like 'Breathing Soil' and 'Desolate Predictions' kick serious ass.
Turns out I started with the weaker tracks

Top
 Profile  
Folkemon_
Veteran

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 2634
Location: England
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:05 am 
 

Edguy – Out of Control

Tobias rules on this album
_________________
Don't you think I'm a savior
Don't you think I could save you
Don't you think I could save your life

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 22871
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:16 am 
 

Solefald - Pills Against the Ageless Ills

Cool stuff, very avant garde in intent and style, but the riffing is pure metal. They manage to take metal riffing and actually do something cool with it, which is something you don't see often.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: American Sniper

Top
 Profile  
raumr
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:11 pm
Posts: 648
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:06 am 
 

Burzum - Jóln

It gets better with every listen, but it's obviously a far cry from Det som en gang var and the like.

Top
 Profile  
Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 2317
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:45 pm 
 

Amorphis - Moon and Sun

I've been listening to the Tales From the Thousand Lakes album quite often lately, but still can't quite make my mind up whether it's quite good or is, in fact, superb. It definitely has a spark of excellence, but I don't know if that defines it's character.
_________________
Heavy-Metal Spotlight: Most Recent review: Cirith Ungol - Paradise Lost
I drum haphazardly in: NNGNN -- "Death By The Venomhammer" EP available on Bandcamp

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 7065
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:38 pm 
 

Fanttasma - Life is War

Very groovy tune. Digging this album.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic/Doom/Black Metal

Top
 Profile  
Perdition666
Metal freak

Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:40 pm
Posts: 5049
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:59 pm 
 

Spoiler: show
Dudemanguy wrote:
I think I have one Dragon Guardian album lying around somewhere. It's not bad at all, but I can't say I listen to it very often. I mean to give them a proper look at some point in the future, but that discography is pretty intimidating.

And confusing - it almost should be broken up into separate pages. Dragon Guardian feat. Leo Fagaro "Fairytale" is probably my favorite. Behold the glory of 8-bit power metal. :lol:

This is a trailer from the latest Dragon Guardian/Knights of Round album - its actually pretty good and one of my highlights from this year so far. Some of the keyboards give it a real Japanese feel.

And then there's Dragon Eyes, which is a collab between Dragon Guardian and Thousand Eyes. If you recognize the vocalist, its the same guy who did the harsh vox on that Tears of Tragedy song. Small world. lol Actually Tears of Tragedy's guitarist plays in Thousand Eyes (but I don't think he's in Dragon Eyes). Lyric videos for Japanese bands isn't a good idea haha That CD is all over the place stylistically. One minute its melodeath, then its female-fronted power metal, then its kinda Blood Stain Child-esque electro-metal. Pretty good stuff, actually.

Quote:
Quote:
A lot of the drummers are so uncreative, they might as well use drum machines. One thing I appreciated with MinstreliX (esp. the new album) is the drumming - very creative and fast as fuck too.

I can't say I've been able to get all the drumming in my head yet, but you're definitely not wrong. This just means I need to listen to their stuff more.

I found it more noticeable on Chronostrings. I should go back to their older stuff and pay attention more.

Quote:
Quote:
Sometimes I'm so focused on the vocals or melodies that a lot of structural/rhythmic stuff I miss.

Hell, sometimes I get so focused on the vocals that I completely miss the riffs. :lol:

I find if I start paying attention to the riffs (or lack thereof), the band is doing something gravely wrong. Unless the riffs are really good and force me to notice. I think I've always been more drawn to melody and soaring, guitar pyrotechnics. But of course, it has to have some meat on its bones. The thing that's hypocritical with me is, I like Japanese flower metal (and some of that stuff is super light), yet the Euro variety I can't stand. On the surface, most people probably couldn't tell the difference and probably would think I'm on crack. :lol:

Quote:
I've seen that cover floating around actually. First time listening to any material though, and I was definitely impressed. Seeing an 11-minute track is kind of intimidating at first, but it actually flies by.

"Continuation of the Dream" was one of my favorite albums last year. Its only problem is that its brickwalled to hell and back. Their first album has a pretty bad production and uses a drum machine (they were only a 3 piece then). The music is still pretty good though.

Oh, that band Tenrin I mentioned uploaded a PV:

Youtube: show


I'm pretty happy with this (I better be, I ordered the CD recently :lol:). Nice guitarwork as usual. Everything is in Japanese.

Quote:
Quote:
Its pretty cool to get albums when they come out then watch them become collectors items. I really wish I started with Japanese music back in say... 2008. I could've sidestepped buying a lot of 3rd-rate Euro-metal and got Light Bringer and MinstreliX's debuts when they first came out. Its funny, back around then I was dabbling with stuff like Wizards' Hymn, Area51, etc. Amazed I didn't get into Galneryus then, I was certainly aware of them. Maybe the pricetag for the CDs scared me off.

Yeah me too. I wish I got on this years ago. I was certainly at least aware of Galneryus since my highschool days; I have no idea why it took me so long to get their stuff.

I was initially gonna save Galneryus "for a rainy day" - I didn't realize that I was gonna get absolutely swamped in bands. I probably should've got their stuff first, oh well. Better late than never. I don't think I'm gonna backtrack too much with 00's power metal bands. Aside from Onmyo-Za and Galneryus, I can't think of too many I like. Concerto Moon and Ark Storm are respectable, but I recall the vocals were a bit of a barrier last time I heard them. I may give them another shot though.

VRAIN's "Rendez Blue" is from 2007 and its pretty good, actually. Shooot! is probably my favorite song by them. Pretty fucking fast hehe Their latest album "Vaptism of Mars" was a definite highlight from last year.

Quote:
Quote:
Some of DenKare's stuff is flatout J-pop

That's as j-pop as j-pop gets. I think I've probably heard vocalists that sound similar to Yui, but I wouldn't know any of their names nor would I be familiar with any of the material.

The smoking gun - Yousei Teikoku covering DenKare. Cute vocals over speed metal FTW lol

Youtube: show


Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Yui can go either way. I've heard Marchen Station before actually. I think I clicked on a random cover or something, but yeah it's very overtop and flowery (in a good way though). Don't have any of their albums though. And yeah, Leo Figaro sings in like everything. That name flows nicely actually, but I was aware of the guy for a good while at least (probably Dragon Guardian).

Their latest album "World of Maquillage" is sanity-shattering haha Probably the most fucked-up power metal album I've heard. Yet it works gloriously. Whereas over here we get autistic power metal like Pathfinder.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm very happy with that new Mahatma PV - I played it several times today. Its a strange choice for a PV and an opening track, being really complicated and abusing time signatures like Alhambra does. They seemed to step up the instrumental game a bit with this one (not like the old stuff was even close to being simple). The drumming is pretty insane too. It was also more metal than expected, towards the end verging on power metal. Mind you, stuff like that shouldn't surprise me anymore :lol:

It is indeed a really strange track. The way it's structured is just weird. You've got the really metal bits meshed with some acoustic stuff that sometimes flows together and other times seems really abrupt. I'm realizing that It's a hard song to describe now that I'm trying to.

Its really weird how they fuse poppy/catchy elements with rather progressive/technical music. In some ways, they're very similar to Light Bringer. Not too long until that CD is ready for shipping. I've already heard a few other songs on that album from previous singles, but at least there will be some surprises on it.

Their older EP "Time Is" is still for sale at HMV Japan for fairly cheap. 4 songs + 1 intro (22 minutes) for 800 yen once you apply the multi-buy discount and subtract tax. Since its an independent release, I probably wouldn't wait too long. Pretty nice EP actually. I just checked last.fm and I played it 35 times now haha

Quote:
Albion – Flos Paradiso~君に読む絵本~

A good strong closer. I've been slowly making up my mind about the drum sound on this album (I got the bass drum confused with the bass guitar in the PV. Hah, I felt silly afterwards). I do actually love the natural sound of the drums (especially the hollow-sounding snares), but my only beef is with the bass drum. There's simply not enough bass in its sound, but honestly, I got used to it and got over it. I'd probably prefer if the bass drum was more normal sounding, but I can dig the album just fine without it.

Pretty nice album. It was my favorite album of the year until MinstreliX dethroned it. The drums are pretty naff for whatever reason. I really, really hope they didn't deliberately make the drums sound bad to make their (sadly) ex-drummer look bad. I don't know how people over there operate, but that would certainly epitomize "cutting off your nose to spite your face". I have no idea what circumstances were behind Rino leaving the band (except it was "musical differences). Surprisingly, she wrote a good chunk of their material. I can't really think of many bands where their drummer writes a lot of their songs (Mahatma, maybe). Then again, I can't think of many all-girl power metal bands either.

I think either Witch & Angel or the ballad 碧瑠璃の空 (track 8) are my favorites.

I'm pretty much used to the drums by now, but I adjusted my EQ to compensate. The only track where the bass drum drove me up the wall was track 3.

Mahatma (JPN) "Time Is"

A beautiful, yet rather technical EP. Only a week to go until "Re:Generation" is released - I can't wait!
_________________
last.fm | Rate Your Music | Japanese Metal Forum

Top
 Profile  
Maniac Matis
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am
Posts: 429
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm 
 

Cataclysmic - Slay The Emperor

It's been a while...
_________________
BastardHead wrote:
I want to print out this thread and wipe my ass with it.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Top
 Profile  
Batakanda
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:18 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:32 pm 
 

Abigor - Verwüstung, Invoke the Dark Age

A pretty solid Abigor release, if not one of their best ones.
_________________
Rateyourmusic
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 7645
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 pm 
 

Naglfar - Blades

Diabolical isn't a bad album, at all.
_________________
Iron_Wizard wrote:
I read about sex online. Thats how i figured out how to masturbate. It took me a while to figure it out.

Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Beer Baron
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 pm
Posts: 2098
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:40 am 
 

Necrowretch - Putrid Death Sorcery

Vocals can get monotonous but the riffing and drumming makes it one of my favourite Death Metal albums from the past couple of years

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Argentinian Acid

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 6807
Location: The Land Down Under (no, not THAT one)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:53 pm 
 

Vader - Xeper, off Litany

The drumming on this thing is ridiculous.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
Xlxlx, I'm very proud of you for standing up to the cisgender patriarchy and embracing who you really are. No matter what others may say always remember: you are beautiful and you are a goddamn empanada.

Top
 Profile  
narsilianshard
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 1376
Location: Mexico City
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:31 pm 
 

Beer Baron wrote:
Necrowretch - Putrid Death Sorcery

Vocals can get monotonous but the riffing and drumming makes it one of my favourite Death Metal albums from the past couple of years


Really? I can't listen to that album because of the atrocious drum triggers. They say it's a person who recorded it but they sound so monotonous and shitty it's hard to believe.
_________________
Recent Ramblings: Thrawsunblat - Metachthonia Review | Mexico City Black and Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
MorbidEngel
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 763
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm 
 

NP: Limbonic Art [In Abhorrence Dementia, 1997] - 3. A Venomous Kiss of Profane Grace (01:10/07:06) {192 kbp/s}
A pretty solid album, gotta say
_________________
last.fm - Feel free to add, just let me know who you are first

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1438, 1439, 1440, 1441, 1442, 1443, 1444 ... 1824  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: algis242, Google [Bot], Marogareh, Tengan, Waltz_of_Ghouls, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group