Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DivineSpirit33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 pm 

Crimson Moonlight - Blood Covered My Needs

Pretty killer Black Metal. It's one of the exclusives for In the Shadow of Death. Sounds like it belongs on The Covenant Progress, which is nice, because that's my favorite album by them.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:44 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:
Weird Al Yankovic - Jackson Park Express

Genius. Absolute genius.

Is that off the new album?

Yep. It's a 9-minute epic about a guy on his way to work. And it's fucking amazing.

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:29 am 

Asphyx- Scorbutics

Wake-up headbang.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:16 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Yep. It's a 9-minute epic about a guy on his way to work. And it's fucking amazing.

Sweet, I'm glad to hear that. I need to pick up his new one still, maybe this weekend. Hopefully he'll tour again soon, last time he came around it was epic to say the least.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:53 pm 

Annihilator - Kraf Dinner

A CHEDDAR CHEESE HEART ATTACK!! :np:

DivineSpirit33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:21 pm 

Lengsel - Revival

A schizophrenic sounding song, it's slightly progressive black metal with insane guitarwork.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:30 pm 

Yeah, that Lengsel album is pretty awesome.

はにわちゃん - あそび

Progressive synthpop with folk influences? :lol: Something like that anyway.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:41 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Annihilator - Kraf Dinner

A CHEDDAR CHEESE HEART ATTACK!! :np:

I LOVE....I LOVE....I LOVE

kalmah - deadfall
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

DivineSpirit33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Yeah, that Lengsel album is pretty awesome.

I actually don't own Solace, I'm just listening to the song off of In the Shadow of Death. I probably should buy the album though, because this song is awesome.

Anyways, right now I'm listening to:

The Ghost Inside - Revolutionary

It's not metal, but it's what I'm listening to right now. Yeah, I actually like Hardcore. Most people here don't...

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:15 pm 

There's no real reason to not get Solace. It's criminally cheap on amazon for some reason. Revival, Hours and the World Monotone are probably my favourites from it.

Galneryus - Struggle for the Freedom Flag

This is what power metal is meant to be. Fast, technical, catchy and soaring.

simonitro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:31 pm 

Theater Of Tragedy - Aégis

Starting with Cassandra, it is such a great Gothic Metal album. Emotional and slow stuff.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:31 pm 

simonitro wrote:
Theater Of Tragedy - Aégis

Starting with Cassandra, it is such a great Gothic Metal album. Emotional and slow stuff.

Yeah it's cracking. A loooong time fave.

Been listening to a lot of Old Man's Child. Been a while, but really enjoying it again. Just played through In Defiance of Existence and Vermin.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 pm 

My Dying Bride - Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium

One juggernaut of a song that's full of dreadful atmosphere. Classic doom/death metal here.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:21 pm 

JDM839 wrote:
Type O Negative - Dead Again

Great track and the album may be my favourite of theirs.

So after many years of deliberation, flipping between World Coming Down and October Rust, then occasionally to Bloody Kisses, I have determined that Dead Again may in fact be my favorite Type O album. The songwriting is Peter's best, and September Sun is probably my favorite Type O song. It's a genuinely flawless album by my ears...

Anyways...

NP: Njiqahdda - A Tale of Ancient Tongue

Now this is a truly trance inducing song. The overly-distorted vocals feel like another instrument and add a whole other layer of atmosphere. Just sitting back and letting the sounds absorb me. Great stuff.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:11 pm 

Overkill - White Devil Armory

NP: Bitter Pill

I was really disappointed by The Electric Age after the brilliant Ironbound, but this album is really impressive. It's definitely frontloaded, as it starts losing steam after "Freedom Rings", but it is nonetheless quite enjoyable. Also great to see that the band hit 31 on the billboard charts this week!

~Guest 268919
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:06 pm 

Ophis - Necrotic Reflection

Absolutely crushing death/doom. Brilliant stuff.

Von Jugel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:31 pm 

Sex Slave - The Mentors

Love songs make me weepy.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:23 pm 

God Dethroned - No Survivors, off Passiondale

I think it was a very fitting decision to include clean vocals that sound very distressed and "weak", so to speak, instead of going for a more commanding delivery. Gives you a tiny glimpse of what being a young, completely inexperienced soldier in the middle of a hellish battlefield might be like.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:26 am 

Spoiler: show
Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:
Well, Galneryus and Onmyo-Za are both on major labels. (which is still something I find baffling).

Its annoying how even stuff on majors can go out of print. I nailed a couple Aphasia albums off of Amazon marketplace (they were on King Records at one point) - hopefully they're in good shape. For some reason I felt compelled to get their collection completed ASAP.

Oh sorry, I meant that I used to mostly ignore stuff on major labels. The Versailles bit was just an example.

Yeah, I can't say I bother too much with stuff on major labels myself. I guess a few years ago I made an exception with getting some progressive rock. Its also funny seeing what western albums get licensed by major labels over there.

Quote:
But yes, it is ridiculous how huge bands on huge labels can have out of print albums (X Japan, I'm looking at you). I forgot that Art of Life and Dahlia were both released on East West Japan which is long gone. So I had to go pick those up on yahoo auctions. I'm also kind of pissed at myself for losing both the out-of-print Aresz EP and Sigh's Scorn Defeat (the cover with the flaming middle finger). I was at work and forgot to check the first one, and I overslept so the second one finished while I was napping. They both were pretty cheap price-wise too. What a shame.

I think auctions over there (same with amazon.jp) have to be checked regularly because there's massive turnover and sometimes you will fluke out and get something for cheap. Patience is a virtue. Speaking of which, I'm *this* close to going after Light Bringer's "Icarus". I'll probably cut myself off at 3000 yen though.

Quote:
Quote:
Haha Man, Ancient Myth has some pretty wacky songtitles. Not as bad as Skywings, but still pretty out there. "rw-rw-rw-" = wtf? Mind you, that's nowhere near as bad as "Say [Good] Bye⇔Say [God] Bye" or "DDDDDDDDDDDDD"

I like Engrish songtitles too. Like Gargoyle has a track called “Come Into Flower.” Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Oh man, one band I was listening to (Wild One) has a song called "Knights In The Sword" :lol:

Quote:
Quote:
That's where I get PVs and news - it saves me from having to manually check bands' homepages all the time (and sometimes those are a pain in the ass to find). Its cool when I post a pic of what I'm playing or CDs I got and the actual band notices.

Yeah, that is pretty handy. I kind of just randomly check when I feel like it. It's probably not a reliable way to operate.

Twitter implemented bing translate (which sucks compared to google translate), but its convenient to see what bands are talking about. Like today I learned A Drop of Joker is releasing a trailer for their upcoming mini-album. I hope that one appears on HMV Japan soon so I can pull the trigger on an early September order. I'm waiting for a coupon promotion though - those things rule.

Quote:
Quote:
At least you can move the offending CD(s) to another order. My order from them (Skywings/Dangergang) just shipped. Once I get my points from that order, I'm gonna order those Inugami Circus Dan CDs and put points towards them.

Well luckily for me, two of those Gargoyle CDs showed up. Hopefully, the rest won't be too far behind.

That one Gauntlet order cleared customs yesterday, so it should be here tomorrow. Super-high expectations for that one. The rest of the stuff I have on order should reach me next week.

Quote:
Man, August and September are both going to be great. Both Jizue and Uchuuconbini are releasing new albums on the 6th. And then Gargoyle's got their new one on the 27th. Of course, September 24th is going to be amazing too.

I just learned that each member of Destrose wrote a song for that MCD, so it should be all over the place stylistically. Its really a matter of time until they get snapped up by a major label (I guess having a stable lineup would probably help :P) Their new vocalist is a major Siam Shade fan. Not too familiar with them, actually.

Quote:
I do hope that Jupiter and te' release a full album for 2014. They both put out singles already for this year. It'd be great to have new material.

I actually haven't bothered to hear Jupiter yet. I probably should remedy that sometime. Too many CDs I want though, arghhhh... and it never ends!

Quote:
Yeah, my last fm makes me look like some kind of casual scum right now. :lol: Not that it really matters.

A side of me wants to play some western bands to balance things out, but most of those bands I've played to death so I'm kinda burnt out on them.

飛玲仙 - 黎

Raw/primative Onmyo-Za worship. This album isn't bad, but I think they improved a lot with their latest single.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:01 am 

Churchburn - Churchburn EP

Fucking awesome death/doom with some sludgy riffs and some absolutely savage vocals. Headed by Dave Suzuki, which makes me glad he left Vital Remains after all since that band is going nowhere.

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:29 pm 

Deafheaven - Dream House

Probably didn't need to be 9 minutes long.

DivineSpirit33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:34 pm 

ChineseDownhill wrote:
Deafheaven - Dream House

Probably didn't need to be 9 minutes long.

Totally agree. Good song, but should be like five minutes, not nine.

NP: Arvinger - Fanget Av Vinden

Such great Viking Black Metal. There's this one riff that they keep playing that I LOVE. So good.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:02 pm 

Coprocephalic - Craving of the Exotic Spores

This is amazing. Huge guitars and atmosphere in brutal technical death metal format. Awesome. Crushing.

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:49 pm 

Mutiilation - Magical Shadows of a Tragic Past

So much emotional content in this raw and disgusting album. Truly painful to hear - in the good kind of way.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:49 pm 

Gauntlet "Birthplace of Emperor"

Fast power metal with nice guitarwork - I'm pretty happy with this album. Vocals are a motherfucker of an acquired taste though.

[edit] Finished my 2nd play and this is growing on me. This is a good mixture of neoclassical power metal ala Galneryus (major Galneryus influence here - hell, Yama-B does guest vox on one song) and happy Euro power like Helloween and (old) Edguy. Vocals remind me of a cross between a higher-pitched Yama-B and a young Tobias Sammet. The problem is, they're warbly as fuck and pretty much vibrato-rape. Pretty impressive debut, nonetheless.

Last edited by ~Guest 76452 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:49 pm 

The new Unisonic leaked. Sounding pretty good so far. A bit more metallic than the debut. I'm liking it. Kiske sounds incredible.

Like your reviews?

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 am 

NP: Mirrorthrone [Carriers of Dust, 2006] - 3/4. De l'échec et de son essentiallité (Point I: marginalité démystifiée) (00:50/10:27) {192 kbp/s}
This album. This fucking album. I apparently can never tire of it, and I don't understand why

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:13 pm 

Cradle of Filth - Queen of Winter, Throned

Oddly, I thought this song was a little overrated the first couple times I heard it. But it has grown on me quite a bit, and now I get why it's considered one of their classics.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:39 pm 

Birth A.D. - I Blame You

NP: I Blame You

First listen of this album and it's really good. The vocals are less harsh than I was expecting. Songwriting is pretty good too. Every song has been relatively distinct thus far.

mjollnir wrote:
The new Unisonic leaked. Sounding pretty good so far. A bit more metallic than the debut. I'm liking it. Kiske sounds incredible.

Gotta disagree here. Far less metallic than the debut, and pretty disappointing overall. There were only 3 songs I liked.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:28 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
Gotta disagree here. Far less metallic than the debut, and pretty disappointing overall. There were only 3 songs I liked.

Hey, to each his own. I thought it was quite enjoyable.

NP: Unisonic - Night of the Long Knives

Catchy song. I really am enjoying this album.

Like your reviews?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:31 pm 

Thantifaxath: Sacred White Noise

parts of this reminds me if Psyopus and Portal decided to write some black metal.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:43 pm 

Diaokhi - they know not whose the voice is which they hark
Aside from giving Nile a run for longest titled song, this black metal band has some pretty strong In the Nightside Eclipse moments. Bonus points for being from Georgia (the country, not the state).

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm 

Sonata Arctica - Songs of Silence: Live in Tokyo

This is great! I had pretty low expectations. After reading the reviews here years ago I decided to pass. Turns out they did me a disservice and were way to harsh imo. Tony isn't perfect, but quite good I think. The fact that it is young Sonata is part of the charm after all, especially nowadays.

ghost223
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:16 am 

Out of pure curiosity, as well as nostalgia of my teenage years, I am listening to the new Slipknot song; "The Negative One." It's pretty fucking bad, serving as another reminder of why I stopped listening to them years ago.

For the masochists among you, here's a link http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/29882/Slipknot-Release-New-Song

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:47 am 

Destroyer 666 - "The Eternal Glory of War" from Phoenix Rising

This album has been my first exposure to this band and I am enjoying them quite a bit more than I was expecting.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:26 am 

Joe Satriani - Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards

Very few guitarists can carry instrumental tracks like the maestro

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:24 am 

Edge Of Sanity - Infernal

such a state-of-the-art compositions!

queued:
Sepultura - Under a pale grey sky
Soulfly - Dark ages

and my neck will breaked...

"You make it easy."

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:51 am 

Rage Against The Machine - Settle For Nothing

This is heavy

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:14 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
Rage Against The Machine - Settle For Nothing

This is heavy

:lol:

Ascension (Ger) - Fire and Faith

Ascension is just too fucking good. Want. more.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:38 pm 

Blodfest - Lejres Fald (full album)

This album is kicking me right in the face and I'm loving ever second of it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1472, 1473, 1474, 1475, 1476, 1477, 1478 ... 2915  Next