Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 pm 

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth

So what if it's Christian music? It's damn fine death metal too.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:33 pm 

Loathsome - "Revenge of the Ragmen" from Born From Rot

Cheesy, gore filled death thrash is just what I need after a shit day at the office.

metaller92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:55 pm 

band - Tsjuder
song - Lord of Terror
album - Kill for Satan
year - 2000
genre - Black Metal

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 pm 

電気式華憐音楽集団 - 華憐的音楽集II

Weeaboo power metal. Pretty good, actually.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:55 pm 

Death – Suicide Machine

I love human, brutal/heavy as fuck, but also catchy with great lyrics.

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:52 pm 

Runemagick - The Supreme Force of Eternity

Stellar death metal from Sweden.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 pm 

Mastodon - Bladecatcher

I always complain about how this band's vocals annoy me. So here's a nice 3 minute instrumental and ......... damn, it still manages to be annoying. I'm filing them next to Immolation in "bands I'll never 'get.'"

[edit] hells_unicorn's Blood Mountain review is awesome.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:51 am 

Epicardiectomy - Horrendous Festering Transmutations

CLANNY?!?!? Listened to this yet? It's slamtastic!

metaller92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:27 am 

Azarath - Earthly Morgue

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:32 am 

Spoiler: show
Perdition666 wrote:
That band really should've put that song up or at least a trailer - they're a pretty cool and unique band. Their older stuff (self-released, I think) I'll have to get via a shopping service. Jack-o-lantern was one of my faves too, plus some of the Japanese titled ones. I like how the 6 string bass is employed (sometimes going along with the lead guitar), while still having a 4 string bass rumbling along. The entire album sounds really, really dense as fuck. I can't really figure out what sub-genre to put it in either: there's thrash, groove, power, plus some symphonic elements and for some strange reason I almost get an industrial feel (even though there's no actual instrumentation from that genre). Its strange, the vocals on the youtube vids kinda irked me on the live vids on youtube, but sounded fine on the actual CD.

I agree with you there on the vocals bit. I watched a live video and was like, “ehhhh,” but the studio recording sounds great. Man, that chick has some really deep, grating vocals. My dad thought it was a guy. :lol: It’s a hard album to figure out though, that’s for sure. I’m not feeling any industrial, but tons of other stuff is there. Man, I really really like this one though. Glad that it’s on Blacklisted. I suppose you’ll just have to get lucky and gradually find their other stuff on yahoo auctions. Doesn’t really seem readily available by any means.

Quote:
That band has a bit of an Onmyo-Za influence - its subtle though... plus that's probably aided by seeing their vocalist post pictures of a couple Onmyo-Za CDs she owns :lol: Stylistically they're pretty diverse. Here's 2 PVs:
AxCell PraNa
Asymmetry Hanuman

Strangely enough, those turned up on the first page when I searched youtube for Asra. It didn't last year! lol

Yeah, I can definitely hear some Onmyo-Za in them too. Less metally obviously, but it’s quite good.

Quote:
It also dawned on me I own nearly every Blacklisted Production CD released over the last couple years. I think they're turning into a pretty good label. Some of their 00's stuff was meh though.

Yeah, Blacklisted Production has a lot of quality releases. Business seems to be going well for them; more and more bands are signing. They actually have more releases than I thought (around 70ish).

Quote:
Indeed. Onmyo-Za have had quite a few with swords in them. Actually, I've seen that a lot with more folk-orientated bands. You get Mardelas with Marina brandishing what looks to be a no dachi (I think... I'm not Japanese sword expert). I also saw Destrose's new vocalist post a picture of her with a katana or something.

Speaking of swords, check this one out:

She starts flailing one around for whatever reason on the second song. Surprised she didn't hit someone lol This band has a lot of promise, but I can't find any CDs anywhere yet. So I guess I'll have to keep an eye on them until they do.

I’m no sword expert either, but it looks cool and that’s all that matters. :lol: I guess that’s one of those bands where you’d have to scour the bowels of the internet to find out the tiniest bit of information. Good luck.

Quote:
If there's like 6+ CDs in stock, I'd just break the order into two shipments and have them ship the in stock stuff. When you played the order, was that coupon promotion still valid? I saw it vanished later that evening and that would totally suck if that order didn't qualify for it. I was gonna put in a second order then poof, it vanished. That was a couple hours after I responded to your last message though.

I’m not sure how exactly the coupon things work, but I do have two more orders that I made while the promotion was still going on. I think I get the coupons for those when they ship. And speaking of orders, I did finally get a bunch of stuff in yesterday (I’ll probably post it up on the other thread later). Unfortunately, I was working all day yesterday, so I didn’t really have time to listen to anything. Of course, I’m at work right now, so I’m just trying to patiently wait it out until I get home. At least it’s Friday.
Man, I need more time. There’s a lot of stuff I have that I’ve only given a handful of listens, and now I’ve got a bunch of albums that I haven’t even heard yet. I mean, I could listen to these at work (and I do listen to stuff at work of course), but nothing is the same as my nice setup at home.

Quote:
That Skywings took a few plays to grow on me, but it underwhelmed me at first. I'll let you know how the full-length is. That Mary's Blood CD I have extremely high expectations for (esp. after hearing that PV and they seem to improve with each album). That Fairy Mirror is ready to ship, but its slowed down by a few pre-orders. I may have to bump off a backordered title from that order and try getting it from CD Japan.

Even I have high expectations for the Mary’s Blood album and I haven’t even listened to Destrose much.

Quote:
Sure, I'd definitely be game for that. I have no issues with sharing mp3s of out of print stuff. Plus, VK is pretty daunting/expensive on its own, and I kinda reached the conclusion I probably won't be able to get everything over there :lol:

Yeah, they were one of those bands that were good, but released stuff in a really, really annoying way (lot of VK does this as you said). I’m perfectly cool with singles, an EP here and there. But god, I hate it when bands release like 5 different singles before an album. I think Megaromania had like 11 singles, 1 EP, 2 albums and 2 compilations. Ridiculous, no wonder the label went out of business. And of course, there’s the Type-A and Type-B stuff that has different tracks. You can actually still buy Artistical Glint (their second album) from HMV, but it’s the CD+DVD version that is short a track from the regular version, so it’s not really worth it (and it’s like $40). But yeah, I’ll upload those two albums for you (Prophetic Faction and Artistical Glint) when I get home.

Quote:
Same here. This fall is gonna be awesome. Exist Trace's new album drops on the same day as those 2 Onmyo-Za albums - so they're gonna get ordered together. Destrose has a new MCD this fall too. I'm very curious to hear what their new vocalist sounds like. Bridear also has a new single announced too.

Not sure if you’ve heard already, but Galneryus’s new album is dropping the same day as Onmyo-Za. :hyper: Hopefully, HMV will have a good sale/promotion going on; that order is going to be awesome. Now only if Light Bringer would announce something soon.

Galneryus – Spirit of Steel

Really cool Galneryus Track. Their new album is dropping in September which is pretty exicting.

Last edited by Dudemanguy on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 am 

Wehrmacht - Jabberjaw

This...is...fast

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 pm 

Atlantean Kodex - Enthroned in Clouds and Fire

Masterful lyricism and delivery mixed with a pounding Bathory homage - great stuff.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:40 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:
That band really should've put that song up or at least a trailer - they're a pretty cool and unique band. Their older stuff (self-released, I think) I'll have to get via a shopping service. Jack-o-lantern was one of my faves too, plus some of the Japanese titled ones. I like how the 6 string bass is employed (sometimes going along with the lead guitar), while still having a 4 string bass rumbling along. The entire album sounds really, really dense as fuck. I can't really figure out what sub-genre to put it in either: there's thrash, groove, power, plus some symphonic elements and for some strange reason I almost get an industrial feel (even though there's no actual instrumentation from that genre). Its strange, the vocals on the youtube vids kinda irked me on the live vids on youtube, but sounded fine on the actual CD.

I agree with you there on the vocals bit. I watched a live video and was like, “ehhhh,” but the studio recording sounds great. Man, that chick has some really deep, grating vocals. My dad thought it was a guy. :lol: It’s a hard album to figure out though, that’s for sure. I’m not feeling any industrial, but tons of other stuff is there. Man, I really really like this one though. Glad that it’s on Blacklisted. I suppose you’ll just have to get lucky and gradually find their other stuff on yahoo auctions. Doesn’t really seem readily available by any means.

Rumiko does indeed sound pretty masculine (and pretty different from other Japanese female vocalist). Their older stuff is sold on their website, so once I get some orders and crap taken care of, I'll go ahead and get those. Some of their song-titles like "We Cannot Live Without BATTLE!" (caps in original, of course) just scream "buy me!" lol

Quote:
Quote:
That band has a bit of an Onmyo-Za influence - its subtle though... plus that's probably aided by seeing their vocalist post pictures of a couple Onmyo-Za CDs she owns :lol: Stylistically they're pretty diverse. Here's 2 PVs:
AxCell PraNa
Asymmetry Hanuman

Strangely enough, those turned up on the first page when I searched youtube for Asra. It didn't last year! lol

Yeah, I can definitely hear some Onmyo-Za in them too. Less metally obviously, but it’s quite good.

The CDs have some more aggressive songs, which is why I feel the PVs are a tad misleading. Good band though. Stylistically they fall in that HM/HR void like Rosario Ark (except with folk elements).

Quote:
Quote:
It also dawned on me I own nearly every Blacklisted Production CD released over the last couple years. I think they're turning into a pretty good label. Some of their 00's stuff was meh though.

Yeah, Blacklisted Production has a lot of quality releases. Business seems to be going well for them; more and more bands are signing. They actually have more releases than I thought (around 70ish).

Yeah, and they keep releasing new albums. Elendira, Xecsnoin, e:cho and Alice in Hell (thrash metal) are the next ones. I hope they release a new Cross Vein soon. I noticed Ancient Myth hasn't been on their roster for awhile, for whatever reason.

Quote:
Speaking of swords, check this one out:

She starts flailing one around for whatever reason on the second song. Surprised she didn't hit someone lol This band has a lot of promise, but I can't find any CDs anywhere yet. So I guess I'll have to keep an eye on them until they do.

I’m no sword expert either, but it looks cool and that’s all that matters. :lol: I guess that’s one of those bands where you’d have to scour the bowels of the internet to find out the tiniest bit of information. Good luck. [/quote]
Mercifully, they listed their homepage on the info on that video.

http://rinkaofficial.web.fc2.com

I like the band photo. Blah, its not there anymore. Looks like they're appearing on some compilation though. I'm not even sure how I stumble upon these bands haha

Quote:
I’m not sure how exactly the coupon things work, but I do have two more orders that I made while the promotion was still going on. I think I get the coupons for those when they ship. And speaking of orders, I did finally get a bunch of stuff in yesterday (I’ll probably post it up on the other thread later). Unfortunately, I was working all day yesterday, so I didn’t really have time to listen to anything. Of course, I’m at work right now, so I’m just trying to patiently wait it out until I get home. At least it’s Friday.
Man, I need more time. There’s a lot of stuff I have that I’ve only given a handful of listens, and now I’ve got a bunch of albums that I haven’t even heard yet. I mean, I could listen to these at work (and I do listen to stuff at work of course), but nothing is the same as my nice setup at home.

As long as the order was placed during the timeframe of the promotion, it should be fine (you have to be aware of the fineprint of when the promotion end though, and factor in time-zone differences). You'll get the coupon the next day, usually. I have one where its issued August 1st (its only like 500 yen though, but hey, they add up).

Quote:
Quote:
That Skywings took a few plays to grow on me, but it underwhelmed me at first. I'll let you know how the full-length is. That Mary's Blood CD I have extremely high expectations for (esp. after hearing that PV and they seem to improve with each album). That Fairy Mirror is ready to ship, but its slowed down by a few pre-orders. I may have to bump off a backordered title from that order and try getting it from CD Japan.

Even I have high expectations for the Mary’s Blood album and I haven’t even listened to Destrose much.

The tracklisting for "Countdown to Evolution" got released, and thankfully all are new songs. Not sure why they were posting a short clip of a remix of "Deep Six" though, I assumed that was gonna be on the new album. There's a song on there called "XOXO-kiss&hug-" - I think that tops Light Bringer's "Love You ♡" lol

Quote:
Quote:
Sure, I'd definitely be game for that. I have no issues with sharing mp3s of out of print stuff. Plus, VK is pretty daunting/expensive on its own, and I kinda reached the conclusion I probably won't be able to get everything over there :lol:

Yeah, they were one of those bands that were good, but released stuff in a really, really annoying way (lot of VK does this as you said). I’m perfectly cool with singles, an EP here and there. But god, I hate it when bands release like 5 different singles before an album. I think Megaromania had like 11 singles, 1 EP, 2 albums and 2 compilations. Ridiculous, no wonder the label went out of business. And of course, there’s the Type-A and Type-B stuff that has different tracks. You can actually still buy Artistical Glint (their second album) from HMV, but it’s the CD+DVD version that is short a track from the regular version, so it’s not really worth it (and it’s like $40). But yeah, I’ll upload those two albums for you (Prophetic Faction and Artistical Glint) when I get home.

Thanks! Man, that Type A/B/etc stuff is the bane of my existence, esp. when they have alternate tracklistings. I usually just pick one and go with it (and download the other versions, if its possible and if they have anything exclusive).

Quote:
Quote:
Same here. This fall is gonna be awesome. Exist Trace's new album drops on the same day as those 2 Onmyo-Za albums - so they're gonna get ordered together. Destrose has a new MCD this fall too. I'm very curious to hear what their new vocalist sounds like. Bridear also has a new single announced too.

Not sure if you’ve heard already, but Galneryus’s new album is dropping the same day as Onmyo-Za. :hyper: Hopefully, HMV will have a good sale/promotion going on; that order is going to be awesome. Now only if Light Bringer would announce something soon.

Oooh, I want that one so bad. So I get Onmyo-Za, Galneryus and Exist Trace on the same day. Not sure how I'm gonna do the order because I don't want it to be too high or else customs will order it. I'm considering just having a 3 CD order with Onmyo-Za and Galneryus and putting exist trace plus whatever on the other one. I may order exist trace from CD Japan too. I have plenty of time to figure out what I want to do. I'm also doing a lot of coupon farming lately, so I may just use those to cover some of those CDs.

Around the Nation "AtheNa1 regeneration"

Pretty nice album - seems to improve with each listen, thankfully.

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:03 pm 

Falconer - Mindtraveller

Fun stuff, a bit cheesy but just the right amount I think.

Tijana96
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:47 pm 

Zaklana celjad - drobicu ti kicmu

Serbian death metal band

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 pm 

Old Wainds - Scalding Coldness

First time hearing these frozen glacier warlords. Already loving every minute of this album.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:18 pm 

Last song I listened to was Spiritual Healing by Death.

That intro is a classic. "Speak no more lies.. It's your turn to die" and accompanied fast section is a true highlight among the slower paced plodding nowhere riffs. I definitely prefer the structure on Leprosy but this isn't a bad farewell to the death metal/thrash songs on the first three.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Rumiko does indeed sound pretty masculine (and pretty different from other Japanese female vocalist). Their older stuff is sold on their website, so once I get some orders and crap taken care of, I'll go ahead and get those. Some of their song-titles like "We Cannot Live Without BATTLE!" (caps in original, of course) just scream "buy me!" lol

Oh cool, I guess I'll have to look into their site one of these days. I just assume these things are completely out of print.

Quote:
Yeah, and they keep releasing new albums. Elendira, Xecsnoin, e:cho and Alice in Hell (thrash metal) are the next ones. I hope they release a new Cross Vein soon. I noticed Ancient Myth hasn't been on their roster for awhile, for whatever reason.

Yeah, a new Cross Vein would be really nice. Currently have their debut and last single on my latest order. Forget me not still keeps getting stuck in my head at random times. I should grab Ancient Myth one of these days as well.

Quote:

I like the band photo. Blah, its not there anymore. Looks like they're appearing on some compilation though. I'm not even sure how I stumble upon these bands haha

Haha, I didn't even notice that link. :lol: Well, that's handy. You do have quite a knack for stumbling onto random bands though. Could be good or band; I guess that mostly depends on your financial situation. :lol:

Quote:
As long as the order was placed during the timeframe of the promotion, it should be fine (you have to be aware of the fineprint of when the promotion end though, and factor in time-zone differences). You'll get the coupon the next day, usually. I have one where its issued August 1st (its only like 500 yen though, but hey, they add up).

Well according to their order dates, both of my orders were made during the promotion date, so I should be good. I don't think you get any coupons until the order ships though. At least, that's how it's always been for me.

Quote:
The tracklisting for "Countdown to Evolution" got released, and thankfully all are new songs. Not sure why they were posting a short clip of a remix of "Deep Six" though, I assumed that was gonna be on the new album. There's a song on there called "XOXO-kiss&hug-" - I think that tops Light Bringer's "Love You ♡" lol

Oh wow. Yes, that tops Light Bringer. What a ballsy song title.

Quote:
Thanks! Man, that Type A/B/etc stuff is the bane of my existence, esp. when they have alternate tracklistings. I usually just pick one and go with it (and download the other versions, if its possible and if they have anything exclusive).

I hear you. I would have bought Jupiter's Last Moment single from HMV, but for some reason they only have the Limited Edition A and B and both of them are missing one track. The regular version has everything though and it's on CDJapan, so I'll just get that one instead. I don't know why they do that; I'm actually quite willing to pay more for a DVD pv, but not at the cost of a whole song.

Quote:
Oooh, I want that one so bad. So I get Onmyo-Za, Galneryus and Exist Trace on the same day. Not sure how I'm gonna do the order because I don't want it to be too high or else customs will order it. I'm considering just having a 3 CD order with Onmyo-Za and Galneryus and putting exist trace plus whatever on the other one. I may order exist trace from CD Japan too. I have plenty of time to figure out what I want to do. I'm also doing a lot of coupon farming lately, so I may just use those to cover some of those Cds.

I should have a coupon leftover for that order. I think I'll probably get a bunch of Ningen-Isu's stuff at the same time as well. It's going to be quite a good order.

陰陽座 - 組曲「義経」〜夢魔炎上

One of their really long epic tracks. These are always among my favourites from Onmyo-za.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:56 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:

Oh cool, I guess I'll have to look into their site one of these days. I just assume these things are completely out of print.

Same here, and I'm still in the habit of ignoring indie releases (one which - at least for Japan - I've gotten out of).

I found a site (their label, I presume) that sells LANCER>>Bee's older albums as well - there were 2 singles I wasn't aware even existed :lol:

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, a new Cross Vein would be really nice. Currently have their debut and last single on my latest order. Forget me not still keeps getting stuck in my head at random times. I should grab Ancient Myth one of these days as well.

I saw that HMV Japan finally restocked "Astrolabe in my Heart" (wtf is an Astrolabe? lol) - that one vanished so I got mine off of Amazon marketplace and I probably should've waited. Oh well.

Quote:
Quote:

Haha, I didn't even notice that link. :lol: Well, that's handy. You do have quite a knack for stumbling onto random bands though. Could be good or band; I guess that mostly depends on your financial situation. :lol:

Sometimes (on twitter) bands find me lol Actually, a twitter account is vital for Japanese music, IMO. I've actually found stuff on last.fm as well (about time it started to serve a purpose!).

Quote:
Quote:

Oh wow. Yes, that tops Light Bringer. What a ballsy song title.

Only in Japan would you see something like that happen. And I get you its the most aggressive song on the album! :P

Quote:
I hear you. I would have bought Jupiter's Last Moment single from HMV, but for some reason they only have the Limited Edition A and B and both of them are missing one track. The regular version has everything though and it's on CDJapan, so I'll just get that one instead. I don't know why they do that; I'm actually quite willing to pay more for a DVD pv, but not at the cost of a whole song.

I'm gonna have to do a smaller order from CD Japan soon - mainly to get a few cancelled backordered items from HMV Japan (a couple Inugami Circus-Dan singles). I'm gonna wait until my current order from them finishes so I can throw points towards the next one. Its strange how some stuff stays on backorder forever at HMV Japan and CD Japan gets it in in 3 days lol

Quote:
Quote:
Oooh, I want that one so bad. So I get Onmyo-Za, Galneryus and Exist Trace on the same day. Not sure how I'm gonna do the order because I don't want it to be too high or else customs will order it. I'm considering just having a 3 CD order with Onmyo-Za and Galneryus and putting exist trace plus whatever on the other one. I may order exist trace from CD Japan too. I have plenty of time to figure out what I want to do. I'm also doing a lot of coupon farming lately, so I may just use those to cover some of those Cds.

I should have a coupon leftover for that order. I think I'll probably get a bunch of Ningen-Isu's stuff at the same time as well. It's going to be quite a good order.

Yeah, I have 5 Ningen-Isu CDs paired with that Mary's Blood. There's a couple other late August/early September titles I want - I'm loosely planning orders now, but I'm not gonna pull the hammer on pre-ordering yet. I'm kinda like Montgomery Burns plotting CD orders long in advance... "excelleeeent" lol

I almost hope Light Bringer is in October, because everything else is going to be pretty weak after Galneryus and Onmyo-Za. Mind you, if that comes out at the same time, I'm not gonna complain either.

Galneryus "One For All - All For One"

Totally looking forward to their new album!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:58 am 

Fozzy - Under Blackened Skies

Always enjoyed this band.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:17 am 

double post, sorry

"You make it easy."

Last edited by The Lions Den on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:18 am 

Iced Earth - Something wicked this way comes

the only album I listen by this band, very emotional and epic to me.

queued
Iron Maiden - Somewhere in time :drool:

or simply "the heavy metal itself"

"You make it easy."

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:02 am 

Insane Vesper - Enlightened By Blood

Just realised this band has a new split out, must get a copy. France is becoming one of my favourite countries as far as black metal is concerned. There are some truly stunning bands out there creating some brilliant aural malevolence.

My collection

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:50 am 

Pyramaze - "She Who Summoned Me" from Legend of the Bone Carver

This is so incredibly cheesy and awful. I love it.

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:44 am 

Taake - Nattestid... III

Love the songwriting on this album.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 am 

Listening Gary Moore's Run For Cover album right now, good stuff, one of my favourite albums from the 80s, perfect combo of bluesy tinged hard rock with a lot of 80s 'metal' moments. Did Gary Moore create anything more heavy metal sounding than this? Or is this his peak in heavyness ??? I'm surprised he's not on the archives for this album alone...

metaller92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:23 am 

Alghazanth - He Awaits... (Vocals By Blastmor/Thyrane)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 am 

Iron Maiden - Only the Good Die Young

...best Maiden chorus ever? It is certainly up there for me.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:11 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Same here, and I'm still in the habit of ignoring indie releases (one which - at least for Japan - I've gotten out of).

I found a site (their label, I presume) that sells LANCER>>Bee's older albums as well - there were 2 singles I wasn't aware even existed :lol:

Heh, I usually ignore releases on major labels. I never bought anything from Universal Music until Versailles.

Quote:
I saw that HMV Japan finally restocked "Astrolabe in my Heart" (wtf is an Astrolabe? lol) - that one vanished so I got mine off of Amazon marketplace and I probably should've waited. Oh well.

Well, wikipedia says that an astrolabe is inclinometer (instrument for measuring the angle of slopes) whose many uses includes “locating and predicting the positions of the Sun, Moon, planets, and stars, determining local time given local latitude and vice-versa, surveying, triangulation, and to cast horoscopes.” I guess it's a really lame way of saying that you're looking for love. Got to use that one as a pickup line now.

Quote:
Sometimes (on twitter) bands find me lol Actually, a twitter account is vital for Japanese music, IMO. I've actually found stuff on last.fm as well (about time it started to serve a purpose!).

Twitter is actually vital for a lot of things surprisingly enough. All the famous people use it for some reason.

Quote:
Only in Japan would you see something like that happen. And I get you its the most aggressive song on the album! :P

I want somebody to make a song with a bunch of obnoxious unicode characters.

Quote:
I'm gonna have to do a smaller order from CD Japan soon - mainly to get a few cancelled backordered items from HMV Japan (a couple Inugami Circus-Dan singles). I'm gonna wait until my current order from them finishes so I can throw points towards the next one. Its strange how some stuff stays on backorder forever at HMV Japan and CD Japan gets it in in 3 days lol

I hope my CDJapan order doesn't stay on backorder forever, but I'm not optimistic about it. :lol:

Quote:
Yeah, I have 5 Ningen-Isu CDs paired with that Mary's Blood. There's a couple other late August/early September titles I want - I'm loosely planning orders now, but I'm not gonna pull the hammer on pre-ordering yet. I'm kinda like Montgomery Burns plotting CD orders long in advance... "excelleeeent" lol

I know what you mean. Planning all these these orders makes me feel like some sort of strategist.

Quote:
I almost hope Light Bringer is in October, because everything else is going to be pretty weak after Galneryus and Onmyo-Za. Mind you, if that comes out at the same time, I'm not gonna complain either.

Yeah, it's going to be really hard to top September's greatness.

Oh and I'm sure it was not very hard figuring out my last.fm at all (I wish I made one sooner). Our music compability is actually “Super.” Wow.

宇宙コンビニ - 体温

Awesome math rock. Their new album is dropping on the 6th, and I've got that preordered already.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:18 am 

Crystal Eyes - Warrior

This new album is killer...in not just name alone. ;) The only other album I heard from this band was the one with Heiman on it. I like Dahl's voice.

Like your reviews?

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:23 am 

Question - Doomed Passages

Been listening to this album quite regularly and still not getting bored of it. That's always a good sign

DeadAndMessedUp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:16 am 

Soulreaper - Life Erazer

This album is one of the most underrated things I have ever encountered that's actually good. They broke up and that sucks. It's similar to Eucharist - A Velvet Creation except darker.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:40 am 

Judas Priest - Here Come the Tears

Great song really. The closing section with Rob's vocals combined with the passionate, glorious lead work is epic.

My collection

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:00 am 

Deicide - Insineratehymn

I dunno, I really enjoy this album. Obviously not their best, but I think it's damn good for what it is. I do understand why it gets a bad rep though.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:15 am 

^that Deicide albums sucks balls. No question. One of the worst albums I ever heard.

Vader - Abandon All Hope

New album is quite a stormer. Fucking solid indeed.

My collection

DeadAndMessedUp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:09 am 

Bible Basher is amazing, but it turns into shit after that, and Vader has to be one of the most boring bands i've ever listened to. Kinda like Malevolent Creation. Hell might as well add that Judas Priest sucks now.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:28 am 

Obituary - The End Complete

NP: Back to One

Sounds pretty good to me. Obviously not as good as the first two, but not that different either.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:25 am 

Waking The Cadaver - Perverse Recollections of a Necromangler

May I ask what's so very wrong with this album other than the lack of logical song structure? It's actually pretty goddamn funny.

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:08 pm 

Dolorian - My Weary Eyes (When All the Laughter Has Gone)

Incredible song/record/band. Dolorian are the Finnish masters of dark, deep depression and eerie/creepiness. Profound uneasiness.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

DeadAndMessedUp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:37 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
Waking The Cadaver - Perverse Recollections of a Necromangler

May I ask what's so very wrong with this album other than the lack of logical song structure? It's actually pretty goddamn funny.

It's because it's broots. Try Internal Bleeding and Cerebral Hemorrhage. If you want to hear Suffocation done right then listen to Pyaemia - Cerebral Cereal, Severed Savior - Brutality Is Law, Deeds of Flesh - Reduced to Ashes, and Disgorge - Cranial Impalement. Also I was thinking Severe Torture, Insision but I haven't heard them in a long time.

Last edited by DeadAndMessedUp on Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1470, 1471, 1472, 1473, 1474, 1475, 1476 ... 2923  Next