Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:53 pm 

I wasn't asking for recommendations, merely what's wrong with it.

Gorefest - Mental Misery

This song fucking owns, one of the heaviest songs I have ever heard.

DeadAndMessedUp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:57 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:

Gorefest - Mental Misery

They took all of the technicality out of Suffocation and most of the catchy grind.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:01 pm 

Type O Negative - Christian Woman

Never a bad time for some TON.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:05 pm 

DeadAndMessedUp wrote:
LeMiserable wrote:

Gorefest - Mental Misery

They took all of the technicality out of Suffocation and most of the catchy grind.

I struggle to hear the Suffocation in their music.

DeadAndMessedUp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:07 pm 

I'm saying they cut it out. Aka got rid of it and are more slam with little direction. Suffocation is good because of the tech and groove, not the break downs..and the catchy fast parts are gone. Instead of trying to start an argument maybe you should use your head a little. Then again you've probably never heard half of the bands I mentioned.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:38 pm 

DeadAndMessedUp wrote:
I'm saying they cut it out. Aka got rid of it and are more slam with little direction. Suffocation is good because of the tech and groove, not the break downs..and the catchy fast parts are gone. Instead of trying to start an argument maybe you should use your head a little. Then again you've probably never heard half of the bands I mentioned.

You seem to be one of those newbies who pop up, post inane shit, and turn all abrasive. I might be wrong here, though. How about you prove me wrong? Yes, that would be cool, wouldn't it?

Yes, I know the counter-arguments already, all of them. Yes, you are a real metalhead and stuff, and you don't really subscribe to this politeness stuff. Try anyway, it's good for you.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:43 pm 

Therion - Dawn of Perishness

A bit too adventurous for its own good at times, but definitely one hell of an exciting album. Love the odd harsh barks and the grooving guitars.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:54 pm 

DeadAndMessedUp wrote:

I suppose you think you're vastly superior to me now because you just recommended some bands every half-wit knows, well hands down to you, mister dickface.

Spoiler: show
Fuck off.

DeadAndMessedUp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:56 pm 

I'm just trying to be honest and I can try to tone it down a little. Sometimes I think people are being too sensitive and pushy. No I didn't want to say that, you were annoying me. I don't think i'm superior to you I just think both of you weren't getting what I was trying to say. Almost as if you were doing it on purpose.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:04 pm 

DeadAndMessedUp wrote:
I'm just trying to be honest and I can try to tone it down a little. Sometimes I think people are being too sensitive and pushy. No I didn't want to say that, you were annoying me. I don't think i'm superior to you I just think both of you weren't getting what I was trying to say. Almost as if you were doing it on purpose.

That's not my problem, it's yours. Just drop the fucking attitude and don't look further beyond one's comment. I meant what I said and nothing more, if you think I meant more that's your problem, not mine.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:04 pm 

There is a remarkable difference between honesty and full-body assholery. You might learn it one day. I, however, have a rather good idea of the boundary already. Which, I like to believe is the reason for me, out of the two of us, being the one with the big Bakelite control levers and blikenlight buttons on the control board.

And for the record, "you don't know half the bands I mentioned" makes you an e-hipster. Have a butt-berry syrup latte, it's on the house!

DeadAndMessedUp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:06 pm 

Well like I said he was getting on my nerves. Next time i'll just ignore it.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:08 pm 

DeadAndMessedUp wrote:
Well like I said he was getting on my nerves. Next time i'll just ignore it.

Oh poor soul, have I touched your soft spot? Quit the victimizing. You're the one acting like a fucking dick here, and you're getting on my nerves aswell, how about you just shutup and do what Napero told you?

DeadAndMessedUp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm 

Yes master.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:11 pm 

Well, you're the new kid on the school yard, and you just pushed the official buck-toothed zit-face nobody loves into a mud puddle. Way to show your dominance, dude, that places you above the amputees and below the jenkem-sniffers on the ladder. You tone it down, or I'll take you to the principal's office for a spanking.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:17 pm 

Anyway... :roll:

S.O.D. - Kill Yourself

Please note, the timing and placement of this song now is entirely coincidental.

Last edited by LeMiserable on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:25 pm 

Rage - The Missing Link

Great, great album. I'm holding off reviewing it though, I don't want to break the 4/100% review total it has :/

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:49 pm 

Bathory - Born For Burning

My Bathory phase continues. :headbang:

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:59 pm 

^Probably my favourite Bathory track of all time... maybe...

Vanhelgd - May The Worms have mercy On My Flesh

Really digging the new album. The sound is crisp and perfectly abrasive, and the touches of black metal that have soaked in work extremely well.

My collection

Rasc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:39 pm 

Gevolt - Sheyn vi di levone

Metal in distinct languages is great.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:42 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
^Probably my favourite Bathory track of all time... maybe...

Vanhelgd - May The Worms have mercy On My Flesh

Really digging the new album. The sound is crisp and perfectly abrasive, and the touches of black metal that have soaked in work extremely well.

That album fucking kills. Big hammer in the face of anyone who thinks there's no good metal around now.

Louis CK - Hilarious

Great comedy special.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:57 am 

Omnihility - Disseminate

Wickedly fast technical brutal death. Great up-and-coming band. Fantastic sophomore effort in 'Deathscapes of the Subconscious'.

metaller92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:22 am 

Suicidal Angels - In The Grave

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:48 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Omnihility - Disseminate

Wickedly fast technical brutal death. Great up-and-coming band. Fantastic sophomore effort in 'Deathscapes of the Subconscious'.

Although I'm losing the little interest I have in Technical Death Metal, I enjoyed the couple of tracks I've heard off 'Deathscapes...'.
The debut was very good as well

Np : Vasaeleth - Crypt Born and Tethered to Ruin

Straight up no frills, cavernous Old School Death Metal. I'd say its an aptly titled album too

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:00 am 

Grave Ritual - Sink Into The Grave

No punches pulled here - just straight up death metal. Nothing more, nothing less. Solid stuff, with a huge gritty sound.

My collection

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:08 pm 

NP: Uphill Battle [Uphill Battle, 2002] - 5. Forked Tongue (01:08/03:17) {322 kbp/s}
Would've loved to see this band keep going. This is some fun, chaotic grindy metalcore

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:01 pm 

Forlis - "Sick Man Pleading" from Tissue of Life

This album came to me in a Regimental Records CD lot I purchased on eBay quite a while back. It is some great atmospheric/ambient doom. I received about 15 CDs all at once when this one came in and it has definitely seen the most spins out of all of them. Fantastic stuff!

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:37 pm 

Malevolent Creation - Premature Burial

Good old death metal greatness, one of those early 90's gems, lovely.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:10 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:
Oh cool, I guess I'll have to look into their site one of these days. I just assume these things are completely out of print.
Same here, and I'm still in the habit of ignoring indie releases (one which - at least for Japan - I've gotten out of).

I found a site (their label, I presume) that sells LANCER>>Bee's older albums as well - there were 2 singles I wasn't aware even existed :lol:

Heh, I usually ignore releases on major labels. I never bought anything from Universal Music until Versailles.

Well, Galneryus and Onmyo-Za are both on major labels. (which is still something I find baffling).

Its annoying how even stuff on majors can go out of print. I nailed a couple Aphasia albums off of Amazon marketplace (they were on King Records at one point) - hopefully they're in good shape. For some reason I felt compelled to get their collection completed ASAP.

Quote:
Quote:
I saw that HMV Japan finally restocked "Astrolabe in my Heart" (wtf is an Astrolabe? lol) - that one vanished so I got mine off of Amazon marketplace and I probably should've waited. Oh well.

Well, wikipedia says that an astrolabe is inclinometer (instrument for measuring the angle of slopes) whose many uses includes “locating and predicting the positions of the Sun, Moon, planets, and stars, determining local time given local latitude and vice-versa, surveying, triangulation, and to cast horoscopes.” I guess it's a really lame way of saying that you're looking for love. Got to use that one as a pickup line now.

Haha Man, Ancient Myth has some pretty wacky songtitles. Not as bad as Skywings, but still pretty out there. "rw-rw-rw-" = wtf? Mind you, that's nowhere near as bad as "Say [Good] Bye⇔Say [God] Bye" or "DDDDDDDDDDDDD"

Quote:
Quote:
Sometimes (on twitter) bands find me lol Actually, a twitter account is vital for Japanese music, IMO. I've actually found stuff on last.fm as well (about time it started to serve a purpose!).

Twitter is actually vital for a lot of things surprisingly enough. All the famous people use it for some reason.

That's where I get PVs and news - it saves me from having to manually check bands' homepages all the time (and sometimes those are a pain in the ass to find). Its cool when I post a pic of what I'm playing or CDs I got and the actual band notices.

Quote:
Quote:
Only in Japan would you see something like that happen. And I get you its the most aggressive song on the album! :P

I want somebody to make a song with a bunch of obnoxious unicode characters.

I wouldn't be shocked if that already happened. :P

Quote:
I hope my CDJapan order doesn't stay on backorder forever, but I'm not optimistic about it. :lol:

At least you can move the offending CD(s) to another order. My order from them (Skywings/Dangergang) just shipped. Once I get my points from that order, I'm gonna order those Inugami Circus Dan CDs and put points towards them.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I have 5 Ningen-Isu CDs paired with that Mary's Blood. There's a couple other late August/early September titles I want - I'm loosely planning orders now, but I'm not gonna pull the hammer on pre-ordering yet. I'm kinda like Montgomery Burns plotting CD orders long in advance... "excelleeeent" lol

I know what you mean. Planning all these these orders makes me feel like some sort of strategist.

That Destrose drops on the same day as Onmyo-Za/Galneryus/Exist Trace. That's going to be an epic order. I think mid-August or whenever HMV Japan has a promotion that I can't refuse, I'll put an order in to mow down late August/early September releases. Once some of my orders ship, I'll probably use my coupons to nail more Ningen-Isu CDs.

October is going to be kinda weak. We do have a Bridear single (it just showed up at HMV Japan) and Xecsnoin though.

Quote:
Oh and I'm sure it was not very hard figuring out my last.fm at all (I wish I made one sooner). Our music compability is actually “Super.” Wow.

Not shocked there hehe Just need to get a few Japanese bands to get really high compatibility with me. I think over half of my neighborlist is from Japan (the shock!) and the other half weeaboos :lol: This is like my 7-8th account, but I've kept this one for awhile (it actually serves a purpose now). I kinda wish I didn't lose all my earlier data though - it would've added more variation. But I guess I started this account right when I started getting into Japanese music. I guess I missed probably 500 scrobbles for Yousei Teikoku and a pile for Denkare too.

Hawkwind "Church of Hawkwind"

Pretty relaxing album. Not their best, but its still ok. I have a soft-spot for their 80s material.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:55 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Well, Galneryus and Onmyo-Za are both on major labels. (which is still something I find baffling).

Its annoying how even stuff on majors can go out of print. I nailed a couple Aphasia albums off of Amazon marketplace (they were on King Records at one point) - hopefully they're in good shape. For some reason I felt compelled to get their collection completed ASAP.

Oh sorry, I meant that I used to mostly ignore stuff on major labels. The Versailles bit was just an example.

But yes, it is ridiculous how huge bands on huge labels can have out of print albums (X Japan, I'm looking at you). I forgot that Art of Life and Dahlia were both released on East West Japan which is long gone. So I had to go pick those up on yahoo auctions. I'm also kind of pissed at myself for losing both the out-of-print Aresz EP and Sigh's Scorn Defeat (the cover with the flaming middle finger). I was at work and forgot to check the first one, and I overslept so the second one finished while I was napping. They both were pretty cheap price-wise too. What a shame.

Quote:
Haha Man, Ancient Myth has some pretty wacky songtitles. Not as bad as Skywings, but still pretty out there. "rw-rw-rw-" = wtf? Mind you, that's nowhere near as bad as "Say [Good] Bye⇔Say [God] Bye" or "DDDDDDDDDDDDD"

I like Engrish songtitles too. Like Gargoyle has a track called “Come Into Flower.” Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Quote:
That's where I get PVs and news - it saves me from having to manually check bands' homepages all the time (and sometimes those are a pain in the ass to find). Its cool when I post a pic of what I'm playing or CDs I got and the actual band notices.

Yeah, that is pretty handy. I kind of just randomly check when I feel like it. It's probably not a reliable way to operate.

Quote:
I wouldn't be shocked if that already happened. :P

Yeah, I'm sure some doujin band has a songtitle that's something really nasty.

Quote:
At least you can move the offending CD(s) to another order. My order from them (Skywings/Dangergang) just shipped. Once I get my points from that order, I'm gonna order those Inugami Circus Dan CDs and put points towards them.

Well luckily for me, two of those Gargoyle CDs showed up. Hopefully, the rest won't be too far behind.

Quote:
That Destrose drops on the same day as Onmyo-Za/Galneryus/Exist Trace. That's going to be an epic order. I think mid-August or whenever HMV Japan has a promotion that I can't refuse, I'll put an order in to mow down late August/early September releases. Once some of my orders ship, I'll probably use my coupons to nail more Ningen-Isu CDs.

October is going to be kinda weak. We do have a Bridear single (it just showed up at HMV Japan) and Xecsnoin though.

Man, August and September are both going to be great. Both Jizue and Uchuuconbini are releasing new albums on the 6th. And then Gargoyle's got their new one on the 27th. Of course, September 24th is going to be amazing too.

I do hope that Jupiter and te' release a full album for 2014. They both put out singles already for this year. It'd be great to have new material.

Quote:
Not shocked there hehe Just need to get a few Japanese bands to get really high compatibility with me. I think over half of my neighborlist is from Japan (the shock!) and the other half weeaboos :lol: This is like my 7-8th account, but I've kept this one for awhile (it actually serves a purpose now). I kinda wish I didn't lose all my earlier data though - it would've added more variation. But I guess I started this account right when I started getting into Japanese music. I guess I missed probably 500 scrobbles for Yousei Teikoku and a pile for Denkare too.

Yeah, my last fm makes me look like some kind of casual scum right now. :lol: Not that it really matters.

陰陽座 - 不倶戴天

Great stuff. I think this one is probably my favourite Onmyo-za album.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:50 pm 

Weird Al Yankovic - Jackson Park Express

Genius. Absolute genius.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:40 am 

Exordium Mors - Apotheosis of Death

This is some violent, headache inducing Blackened Death/Thrash with some technical guitar bits thrown in for good measure.
Awesome stuff

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:22 pm 

Rush - Jacob's Ladder

Perhaps the newest favorite album I have - just transcendent stuff.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:47 pm 

Coroner - Read My Scars

Seriously catchy techthrash, lovin' it!

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:01 pm 

The Chasm - The Omnipotent Codex

Plenty of thunderous riffs displayed here. Pretty cool stuff.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:46 pm 

Lunar Aurora - Schwarzer Engel

Lunar Aurora isn't just the bee's knees. Lunar Aurora transcends arthropod appendages.

Alsandair wrote:
Bathory - Born For Burning

My Bathory phase continues. :headbang:

Mine never ended.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

~Guest 268919
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:34 pm 

Type O Negative - Dead Again

Great track and the album may be my favourite of theirs.

the_heathen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 pm 

In the Smoke Breathe off of Towards the Firmaments Verge of Life by Kroda.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 pm 

A Sounds of Thunder - Calat Alhambra, off Out of the Darkness

Love how this is clearly inspired by Maiden's historically themed epics. The scope of this song is just terrific.

"Emerged from royal blood
A vicious queen who reigned with steel
Warring in the name of God
Isabella de Castile"

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Weird Al Yankovic - Jackson Park Express

Genius. Absolute genius.

Is that off the new album?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1471, 1472, 1473, 1474, 1475, 1476, 1477 ... 2929  Next