Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 pm 

Dimmu Borgir has some balls. They take a track that was completely plagiarized and replaced it with a song filled with more plagiarization.

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:59 pm 

Alocer7138r wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:
Since this a topic about Dimmu Borgir, whisc version of Stormblast do you guys like? Me, I like the re-recorded one because the keys don't over power every song. And Shagrath vocals are top notch.

Depends on the song. "Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen" and "Sorgens Kammer" I prefer greatly on the original (mainly due to atmosphere and the keys). However, power is needed in ones like "Broderskapets Ring" and "Nar Sjelen Hentes Til Helvete," which the orignal's production couldn't cut.

However, others such as "Antikrist" remain the listener's choice. Would you do away with the atmosphere and the symphonic ending or go with clearer production, riffs, and energy? This one I'm stuck on.

Anyone know why they didn't record this Stormblast re-recording as a full band, rather than Silenoz and Shagrath + guests?

I don't know but i love the drumming on the re-recorded version, plus i love the song Sorgens Kammer - Del II.

Yup. Sorgen Kammer - Del II is my favorite song from it.

As for the Antikrist, I like the re-recorded version. I love the original version, but I love the sound of the re-recorded one. I think it has even better atmosphere to it than the old one, truth be told.

PeachPit wrote:
5 dollar BJ's anyone?

MY BAND:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Ir ... 1401059608

Alocer7138r
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:30 am 

Ya they should be writing stuff like Sorgen Kammer - Del II, i can't seem to find a bm song similar to it.

Star-Gazer
Trust and you'll be trusted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
On their debut album the last track, "Den Gjemte Sannhets Hersker," has one of the most beautiful, melancholic, dark, passing-of-time-and-history solos I've ever heard. It's serenity blows me away every time I hear it. If he could write shit like that for even one Dimmu Borgir track on a new album, I might just get back into them.
yes

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 am 

I love "Dødsferd" on the re-recording of Stormblast. In fact, "Broderskapets Ring" is strengthened by the deviation in keyboard use as well. Many of the songs I didn't care for then and don't now, however.

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2