Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AvengerofTruth
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 291
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:20 pm 
 

Eurnonymous wrote:
i think Christian black metal is a horrible joke; why bother playing music in a genre firmly rooted in anti Christianity? it's like a Nazi trying to convert Jews to the ideologies of Nazism. are Christians trying to convert black metal fans who already have their own ideologies or beliefs towards Christianity through the power of "extreme music"? is this some kind of missionary trip on the part of the Christians to deploy Christian "Black Metal" bands to areas of the world where Black Metal is more popular? it sounds more like a death wish to me, on their part. they will be impaled and burned just like their churches! Release the Varg!


I believe that you are wrong. Christian black metal bands probably play black metal because:

a) They like black metal, and they like to play black metal, or

b) They want to provide a Christian form of black metal for those individuals who enjoy bklack metal but not the ideaology behind it

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 18859
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:26 pm 
 

alcholocaust wrote:
bunch of bullshit


Black Sabbath had Christian themes. So do many great artists like Rob Rock, Trouble, Incubus, etc. If you think metal can't have Christian themes, I suggest you open your eyes.

Now, Christian Black Metal. I haven't heard any of it, but honestly it DOES seem a bit silly. I mean, why bother even playing that style? It seems like a hodge-podge of things that don't go together, like mix-matching socks with opposite colors. Black Metal was not only founded on anti-Christian beliefs, but it just generally sounds evil and misanthropic, and that doesn't seem like anything Christian to me. Maybe there could be some dark twist on Bible mythology, but even then, it still seems mismatched. Not wrong, not sacrilegious to Metal's ways, just mismatched and sort of pointless/silly.

Christian themes in music are fine, if they don't try to preach any sort of their beliefs or define themselves simply on that alone. Music is expression, and if a band wants to express themselves through these themes, fine. Just don't expect people to like it. Like I have said before, who listens to music to be preached to?
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money

Top
 Profile  
ACM
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:55 pm
Posts: 1269
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:27 pm 
 

The worst offender in the Christian 'Metal" scene is the Unblack Metal. Yes, for the record I have listened to them. Every last one of them is clearly ripping the secular counter part off. For those that have no problem with lyrics, than just listen to the real thing. Why listen to a half ass attempted blatant rip off? Yes, there are some talented players, but it means nothing if the music is a half ass attempt. It is impossible to name 10 completely original Christian "Metal bands, even if you have the most thorough knowledge of Christian "metal". From the Rez Band, to Mortification, to Horde and Frost Like Ashes. Yet, it is so easy to name 100 very original sounding secular metal bands. I have no problem with a Christian being in a band, i.e. Dream Theater, Deicide, Type O Negative, Slayer whoever. I have a problem with those that feel they need to push beliefs on everyone. Keep that shit out of metal, and keep it in the church where it belongs. Christianity is the complete opposite of what metal is about. Same with Christian Punk.

Top
 Profile  
Naedra
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 am
Posts: 246
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:40 pm 
 

ACM wrote:
The worst offender in the Christian 'Metal" scene is the Unblack Metal. Yes, for the record I have listened to them. Every last one of them is clearly ripping the secular counter part off. For those that have no problem with lyrics, than just listen to the real thing. Why listen to a half ass attempted blatant rip off? Yes, there are some talented players, but it means nothing if the music is a half ass attempt. It is impossible to name 10 completely original Christian "Metal bands, even if you have the most thorough knowledge of Christian "metal". From the Rez Band, to Mortification, to Horde and Frost Like Ashes. Yet, it is so easy to name 100 very original sounding secular metal bands. I have no problem with a Christian being in a band, i.e. Dream Theater, Deicide, Type O Negative, Slayer whoever. I have a problem with those that feel they need to push beliefs on everyone. Keep that shit out of metal, and keep it in the church where it belongs. Christianity is the complete opposite of what metal is about. Same with Christian Punk.


big cocks in my ass butthurt. You guys seem to have a really warped sense of what christians are actually like, this isn't the fucking middle ages you know, in fact one of friends is christian and he does drugs and has had more sex than most members of this board (although that wouldn't be very hard). Alot of modern christians don't follow it down to the bone of whipping themselves for have a sinful thought. You should probably grown up yah
_________________
I have pictures of you naked

Top
 Profile  
ACM
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:55 pm
Posts: 1269
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:43 pm 
 

Naedra wrote:
ACM wrote:
The worst offender in the Christian 'Metal" scene is the Unblack Metal. Yes, for the record I have listened to them. Every last one of them is clearly ripping the secular counter part off. For those that have no problem with lyrics, than just listen to the real thing. Why listen to a half ass attempted blatant rip off? Yes, there are some talented players, but it means nothing if the music is a half ass attempt. It is impossible to name 10 completely original Christian "Metal bands, even if you have the most thorough knowledge of Christian "metal". From the Rez Band, to Mortification, to Horde and Frost Like Ashes. Yet, it is so easy to name 100 very original sounding secular metal bands. I have no problem with a Christian being in a band, i.e. Dream Theater, Deicide, Type O Negative, Slayer whoever. I have a problem with those that feel they need to push beliefs on everyone. Keep that shit out of metal, and keep it in the church where it belongs. Christianity is the complete opposite of what metal is about. Same with Christian Punk.


big cocks in my ass butthurt. You guys seem to have a really warped sense of what christians are actually like, this isn't the fucking middle ages you know, in fact one of friends is christian and he does drugs and has had more sex than most members of this board (although that wouldn't be very hard). Alot of modern christians don't follow it down to the bone of whipping themselves for have a sinful thought. You should probably grown up yah
Butthurt? What are you 10?

Top
 Profile  
Naedra
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 am
Posts: 246
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:50 pm 
 

ACM wrote:
Naedra wrote:
ACM wrote:
The worst offender in the Christian 'Metal" scene is the Unblack Metal. Yes, for the record I have listened to them. Every last one of them is clearly ripping the secular counter part off. For those that have no problem with lyrics, than just listen to the real thing. Why listen to a half ass attempted blatant rip off? Yes, there are some talented players, but it means nothing if the music is a half ass attempt. It is impossible to name 10 completely original Christian "Metal bands, even if you have the most thorough knowledge of Christian "metal". From the Rez Band, to Mortification, to Horde and Frost Like Ashes. Yet, it is so easy to name 100 very original sounding secular metal bands. I have no problem with a Christian being in a band, i.e. Dream Theater, Deicide, Type O Negative, Slayer whoever. I have a problem with those that feel they need to push beliefs on everyone. Keep that shit out of metal, and keep it in the church where it belongs. Christianity is the complete opposite of what metal is about. Same with Christian Punk.


big cocks in my ass butthurt. You guys seem to have a really warped sense of what christians are actually like, this isn't the fucking middle ages you know, in fact one of friends is christian and he does drugs and has had more sex than most members of this board (although that wouldn't be very hard). Alot of modern christians don't follow it down to the bone of whipping themselves for have a sinful thought. You should probably grown up yah
Butthurt? What are you 10?


*giggles and runs round in circles* heheheheh. But seriously why did you avoid the other part of my post hmmmm???? and why the hell do you call yourself anti-christian metal, I mean what exactly have christians done to you personally that makes you hate them so?

EDIT: also why did you assume that somebody who might have been 10 would no about butthurt, that sounds kinda sick to me
_________________
I have pictures of you naked

Top
 Profile  
Crepuscular
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:41 am
Posts: 381
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:00 pm 
 

I actually dont mind christian metal. It's how I got into metal believe it or not. Immortal Souls and Vardoger!

I'm not religious anymore, but I still listen to those bands.

Top
 Profile  
TheMancubus
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 196
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 pm 
 

The way that I see it is that lyrics don't matter as long as the music rocks. If a band just sings a bunch of nonsense lyrics about ponies but make something genuinely interesting to listen to, I don't see why there's anything wrong with it. Oh, and Antestor rocks.

Top
 Profile  
cultofkraken
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:18 am
Posts: 1236
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:07 pm 
 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
This is the worst thread ever. Judaic religions should be abolished and all their apologists and sheep should get a slap upside the head for believing such tomfoolery.


Why?


Because Judaic religions have done the most harm to this world, both mentally and physically. It has had direct or indirect cause in most if not all conflicts since it's inception. The bible is morally perverse as well as fictitious in all it's forms. I don't need to constantly site creation myths and gods who predate Christianity who have the exact same stories (Mithras et al.). Christian apologists who pay lip service to a religion which should just be dissolved, I mean who would support a religion which agreed to the Lateran Pact in 1929 which essentially put the Catholic church in league with Nazism. People segregate because of religion, especially when it comes to the Judaic religions. They are essentially hate doctrines when you look closely, and can be used as such.

I am all for secular humanism, I didn't say people need to be destroyed, but they seriously need to smarten up and realize that organized religion and big business religion drag humanity down in the drain. So I can't take any band that uphold these religions, beliefs, or apologist behaviour seriously.
_________________
lord_ghengis wrote:
Tony the Peroy Slayer, bards shall sing your story.

Top
 Profile  
Naedra
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 am
Posts: 246
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:17 pm 
 

cultofkraken wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
This is the worst thread ever. Judaic religions should be abolished and all their apologists and sheep should get a slap upside the head for believing such tomfoolery.


Why?


Because Judaic religions have done the most harm to this world, both mentally and physically. It has had direct or indirect cause in most if not all conflicts since it's inception. The bible is morally perverse as well as fictitious in all it's forms. I don't need to constantly site creation myths and gods who predate Christianity who have the exact same stories (Mithras et al.). Christian apologists who pay lip service to a religion which should just be dissolved, I mean who would support a religion which agreed to the Lateran Pact in 1929 which essentially put the Catholic church in league with Nazism. People segregate because of religion, especially when it comes to the Judaic religions. They are essentially hate doctrines when you look closely, and can be used as such.

I am all for secular humanism, I didn't say people need to be destroyed, but they seriously need to smarten up and realize that organized religion and big business religion drag humanity down in the drain. So I can't take any band that uphold these religions, beliefs, or apologist behaviour seriously.


Bullshit, why do you really hate christians? did they ever do anything to you personally? (actually I remember asking that very same question not to long ago, I'm starting to notice a trend here hmmmm). You just sound like a fucking scenester otherwise. for all it's ill's it still has contributed far more to the world than most people ever will in their lifes, I mean every heads has a tails.
_________________
I have pictures of you naked

Top
 Profile  
CountBlagorath
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:11 pm
Posts: 1042
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:22 pm 
 

This is stupid. Why does it matter if a Christian plays Black Metal? I noticed that most of you people that hate Christian Black Metal hate the Jesus pushing lyrics. How come the Satan pushing lyrics don't bother you? And what the Hell is with the whole "Christians can't play good Metal"? Tom from Slayer is Catholic and he is in one of the greatest Metal bands in history.
_________________
Cinerary on Triptykon's album wrote:
This album made my girlfriend's water break and that bitch wasn't even pregnant.

PeachPit wrote:
5 dollar BJ's anyone?

MY BAND:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Ir ... 1401059608

Top
 Profile  
Unholy
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:21 pm
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 pm 
 

EntilZha wrote:
Unholy wrote:
When ever I see posts like this, I can't help but imagine the author being fourteen years old and full of angst because his mommy and daddy force him to go to Church every week. Full of angry rhetoric, and accusations. I don't think the poster even implied that other bands shouldn't have the right to mock Christian bands. He just said that Christians should be able to make the music they want to make.

If you possessed the near-magical skill of literacy you would know that that's the exact same thing I said in my post, except that I didn't stoop as low as to try to accuse NecroSonata of being fourteen years old.



Yeah, you just said that they "have a right to get AIDS and hang themselves for being wastes of oxygen", and that NercoSonata had "wrapped views of freedom", when the only thing he said was that people should be able to make the music they want, regardless of religious orientation; not that they shouldn't face any opposition, not that they shouldn't get mocked at all, just that they should be able to do it.

But hey, pot kettle, eh?

Top
 Profile  
Naedra
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 am
Posts: 246
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:26 pm 
 

CountBlagorath wrote:
This is stupid. Why does it matter if a Christian plays Black Metal? I noticed that most of you people that hate Christian Black Metal hate the Jesus pushing lyrics. How come the Satan pushing lyrics don't bother you? And what the Hell is with the whole "Christians can't play good Metal"? Tom from Slayer is Catholic and he is in one of the greatest Metal bands in history.


+1 sir, I think the main reason is that a lot of these people are just scenesters who want to appear as if they are part of something, to say that you hate religion but listen to music that is promoting another relgion (i.e. satanism, paganism, odinism etc) is fucking hypocrictically actually when you think about it, most black metal bands are hypocrites.
_________________
I have pictures of you naked

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 734
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:27 pm 
 

cultofkraken wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
This is the worst thread ever. Judaic religions should be abolished and all their apologists and sheep should get a slap upside the head for believing such tomfoolery.


Why?


Because Judaic religions have done the most harm to this world, both mentally and physically. It has had direct or indirect cause in most if not all conflicts since it's inception. The bible is morally perverse as well as fictitious in all it's forms. I don't need to constantly site creation myths and gods who predate Christianity who have the exact same stories (Mithras et al.). Christian apologists who pay lip service to a religion which should just be dissolved, I mean who would support a religion which agreed to the Lateran Pact in 1929 which essentially put the Catholic church in league with Nazism. People segregate because of religion, especially when it comes to the Judaic religions. They are essentially hate doctrines when you look closely, and can be used as such.

I am all for secular humanism, I didn't say people need to be destroyed, but they seriously need to smarten up and realize that organized religion and big business religion drag humanity down in the drain. So I can't take any band that uphold these religions, beliefs, or apologist behaviour seriously.


not trying to get off topic but what exactly is the "Lateran Pact in 1929"? i've never heard of this.

Top
 Profile  
_Aargh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Posts: 499
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:29 pm 
 

Naedra wrote:
Bullshit, why do you really hate christians? did they ever do anything to you personally?

I find it really funny that people seem to think that in order to be "allowed" to hate someone or something you first need to have a trauma of some sort that is caused by the object of your hate. What if cultofkraken has actually thought about things and come to the conclusion that Christianity is definitely not okay? My reasons for hating Christianity are entirely different than his, but he certainly seems a lot smarter than all the people in this thread who think everyone and everything should be tolerated, even Christianity in (black) metal.

Top
 Profile  
Naedra
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 am
Posts: 246
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:33 pm 
 

_Aargh wrote:
Naedra wrote:
Bullshit, why do you really hate christians? did they ever do anything to you personally?

I find it really funny that people seem to think that in order to be "allowed" to hate someone or something you first need to have a trauma of some sort that is caused by the object of your hate. What if cultofkraken has actually thought about things and come to the conclusion that Christianity is definitely not okay? My reasons for hating Christianity are entirely different than his, but he certainly seems a lot smarter than all the people in this thread who think everyone and everything should be tolerated, even Christianity in (black) metal.


Well yes you do need a reason to hate something otherwise you are being a sheep (ironically like what you say you dispise) hate without reason is fucking stupid and douchy, perhaps you need to spend less time in the basement. Also the Lateran Pact is for catholics not christians

P.S. why is christianity not okay?
_________________
I have pictures of you naked

Top
 Profile  
ThrashingMad
Skanky

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:47 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:37 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
Now, Christian Black Metal. I haven't heard any of it, but honestly it DOES seem a bit silly. I mean, why bother even playing that style? It seems like a hodge-podge of things that don't go together, like mix-matching socks with opposite colors. Black Metal was not only founded on anti-Christian beliefs, but it just generally sounds evil and misanthropic, and that doesn't seem like anything Christian to me. Maybe there could be some dark twist on Bible mythology, but even then, it still seems mismatched. Not wrong, not sacrilegious to Metal's ways, just mismatched and sort of pointless/silly.


This I agree with. It's just odd to think about a band hatefully screaming "THE LORD IS LOVE" over equally ferocious riffing. The dissonance in the lyrics vs the music is a bit too striking to ignore. On the other hand, I really have no problem with Christians playing non-Christian black metal, although it seems that not many do, which in a way, is equally unsettling, as it seem that most of these people are just seeing black metal as another vehicle for their message.

What I want to see is utterly hateful Christian black metal, instead of all this God is love bullcrap. Where are the songs about slaughtering abortionists in the name of Christ?

Top
 Profile  
_Aargh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Posts: 499
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:48 pm 
 

Naedra wrote:
Well yes you do need a reason to hate something otherwise you are being a sheep (ironically like what you say you dispise) hate without reason is fucking stupid and douchy, perhaps you need to spend less time in the basement. Also the Lateran Pact is for catholics not christians

But cultofkraken does have a reason, just like he explained. I just find it ridiculous that you think that you can't hate Christians unless they have hurt you personally in some way.

What if someone hated Christianity because a priest raped him when he was a kid, for example? I'm pretty sure that in that case many people would just tell him that it's wrong to hate something just because of the fact that one person did something a long time ago. Isn't it better to take an objective look at Christianity and choose your side instead of hating it because someone did something to you?

Naedra wrote:
P.S. why is christianity not okay?

Why would it be okay? You can start with the ideology. Then you can go back in history and see what the church did a few centuries ago, or just take a look at what the church is doing right now. It doesn't take much to figure it out. Just try it.

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 734
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:06 pm 
 

cultofkraken wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
This is the worst thread ever. Judaic religions should be abolished and all their apologists and sheep should get a slap upside the head for believing such tomfoolery.


Why?


Because Judaic religions have done the most harm to this world, both mentally and physically. It has had direct or indirect cause in most if not all conflicts since it's inception. The bible is morally perverse as well as fictitious in all it's forms. I don't need to constantly site creation myths and gods who predate Christianity who have the exact same stories (Mithras et al.). Christian apologists who pay lip service to a religion which should just be dissolved, I mean who would support a religion which agreed to the Lateran Pact in 1929 which essentially put the Catholic church in league with Nazism. People segregate because of religion, especially when it comes to the Judaic religions. They are essentially hate doctrines when you look closely, and can be used as such.

I am all for secular humanism, I didn't say people need to be destroyed, but they seriously need to smarten up and realize that organized religion and big business religion drag humanity down in the drain. So I can't take any band that uphold these religions, beliefs, or apologist behaviour seriously.



i agree that a lot of religion is bullshit but what people mistake is that EVERY judaic religion is wrong, moronic, etc. if you look at these cults, if you will, such as jehova's witness the mormons, baptists etc. it's all creative bullshit branching off of the hypocrisy in catholicism (which i see corrupt in its own right). personally i am a Greek Orthodox Christian. i've studied the history and the ties Orthodoxy and Catholicism have had and i can honestly say Orthodoxy has remained constant for the most part despite how greeks (religious and non-religious) are so gossipy and sometimes inconsiderate. on a musical basis i agree with what another user said, saying you can't scream "in the name of God! or "God Rullllzzzzz! (see Mortififcation) with hate over double-bass and tremolo riffs. it just doesn't really click with most people. but again if these bands find it catchy to make such music, then that's fine. metal is about expressing yourself in my eyes and i can accept that if it's about God, Satan, life, death, or just about some stuff like the living dead, blood, guts, etc. just get over it. i find it more annoying that people today (at least where i live) that christians are offended over anti-christian music and vice-versa. it's just music. if you like it listen to it. if you dont then walk away/turn it off. to me lyrics really have little meaning when it comes to metal as long as there are some heavy, furious riffs.

Top
 Profile  
InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:40 am
Posts: 475
Location: Singapore
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:17 pm 
 

If you judge a band by it's lyrical theme, and start giving them new genres like UNBLACK METAL, CHRISTIAN METAL.... Then there should be POLITICS METAL. A band that plays metal singing about politics... -_-

By the way, Black Sabbath wore necklace that have the crucifix for protection?
_________________
https://twitter.com/thoughtsovrobin
http://www.last.fm/user/InfernoxDeath

Top
 Profile  
Sigvatr
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 pm 
 

Honestly, I rarely find anything new or interesting in any of the lyrical content I listen to, especially in black metal. I don't care about lyrics or trying to convey concepts through music unless it can be conveyed non-lyrically. The message of any particular band doesn't really mean anything to me other than an interesting thought.

Gaahl would hate me.

Top
 Profile  
vigilius_haufniensis
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 76
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:53 pm 
 

A couple of things. First, I am a Christian but I would have very little interest in being a band that "preached" -- Hell, I don't even know if I could handle being with other Christians in band because of all the bullshit. Second, for those who say that Christian metal is usually unoriginal/sucks etc. you are right. Why would god want us to listen to such horrible dribble? On the other hand, Mortification kicks ass. And from what I understand, they were pretty bad ass and respected in their day -- unlike, say, Stryper. Finally, I often find the music of bands that are downright anti-Christian, e.g. Vader, to be spiritually uplifting in my personal walk. So fuck the Christians who won't listen to music inspired by the devil. And fuck the devil who inspires me in spite of himself.

Top
 Profile  
White_Witch
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:53 pm
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:58 pm 
 

heavymetalninja wrote:
isnt it amusing to anyone how in extreme metal there are atheists who hate nayone who believes in anything because its irrational and a fairytale, and there are alternative religions like paganism where without being condescending, people believe in a mystical power of earth and whilst both these groups hate christians for believeing in god, they have absolute respect for each other? And then there are people who hate christianity and religion because they just turn people into slaves and obey silly rules so much that they decide to live their lives by the rules of some guy who wanted to make money through laveyean satanism. Its brilliant how sharp and consistent the opinions of a lot of the metal scene are


Over generalization. Hardly suprising.

Tons of Atheists were at one point religious. Satanism and Atheism have similarities, like living for yourself. Also I doubt Atheists HATE people for having a religion. It's more that they view you as stupid, foolish and easily lead/controlled, but they won't hate you for it, unless you don't shut up about the love of christ and the salvation waiting for us, etc.
Christians sit in a church and are preached too. I don't know anyone doing that with Satanism or Atheism. Satanic lyrics aren't written by one person, (or a small group, the disciples). Mostly they premote individualism and a strong opposition to organised religion. Most Atheists I know enjoy blasphemy also which can be found in satanic lyrics.
Laveyean satanists would be the minority for extreme metallers.
Christians like you are taught to turn the other cheek. Yet you seem to harbour lots of aggression and possible hate towards these two groups in particular. Seems a little hypocritical of yourself there.


Last edited by White_Witch on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 am
Posts: 3103
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 pm 
 

i still hold to what i said, i have my views on christian "metal" and religion in general. i'm not a fan of this genre, i know what i like, so that's what matters to me. and in their absence, i'll take the extra room given to me at any black metal show in the future.

Top
 Profile  
DarkLust666
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:05 pm
Posts: 116
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:24 pm 
 

What's the point in whining about it? It's not going to stop these bands from producing music.
Accept it and move on.
_________________
I collect my thoughts and I rise above all that despises me.

Top
 Profile  
cultofkraken
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:18 am
Posts: 1236
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:59 am 
 

Naedra wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
This is the worst thread ever. Judaic religions should be abolished and all their apologists and sheep should get a slap upside the head for believing such tomfoolery.


Why?


Because Judaic religions have done the most harm to this world, both mentally and physically. It has had direct or indirect cause in most if not all conflicts since it's inception. The bible is morally perverse as well as fictitious in all it's forms. I don't need to constantly site creation myths and gods who predate Christianity who have the exact same stories (Mithras et al.). Christian apologists who pay lip service to a religion which should just be dissolved, I mean who would support a religion which agreed to the Lateran Pact in 1929 which essentially put the Catholic church in league with Nazism. People segregate because of religion, especially when it comes to the Judaic religions. They are essentially hate doctrines when you look closely, and can be used as such.

I am all for secular humanism, I didn't say people need to be destroyed, but they seriously need to smarten up and realize that organized religion and big business religion drag humanity down in the drain. So I can't take any band that uphold these religions, beliefs, or apologist behaviour seriously.


Bullshit, why do you really hate christians? did they ever do anything to you personally? (actually I remember asking that very same question not to long ago, I'm starting to notice a trend here hmmmm). You just sound like a fucking scenester otherwise. for all it's ill's it still has contributed far more to the world than most people ever will in their lifes, I mean every heads has a tails.


A) you never answer any of my points, none of it is bullshit, I gave you FACTS.

B) I hate organized religion, especially, Judaism and it's offshoots. I never once said I hate christians specifically.

C) Societies would have developed great things without religion (and has, despite religion getting in the way) and will develop further without it's involvement. Many Pre-Christian civilizations had technologies that were advanced, organized religion did not help things but rather tried to stifle many who tried to further our species along. To shuffle around clinging to a 2000 year old religion is archaic and makes zero sense. Morality is ingrained into normal human behaviour, and didn't "start" when christianity did.

D) I am part of no "scene", although I suspect at least musically I've contributed more than you. I have staunch beliefs on Judaic beliefs that go beyond music or art or any scene. My views don't come from a lyric sheet or my favourite band. My beliefs come from reading, something I have done a great deal more than you have I suspect.

E) Did Nazism do anything to you directly? how can you hate it if it didn't do anything to you personally? Bullshit, if you don't like NS music then you are just a scenester, nice logic there kiddo.
_________________
lord_ghengis wrote:
Tony the Peroy Slayer, bards shall sing your story.

Top
 Profile  
cultofkraken
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:18 am
Posts: 1236
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:09 am 
 

Naedra wrote:
_Aargh wrote:
Naedra wrote:
Bullshit, why do you really hate christians? did they ever do anything to you personally?

I find it really funny that people seem to think that in order to be "allowed" to hate someone or something you first need to have a trauma of some sort that is caused by the object of your hate. What if cultofkraken has actually thought about things and come to the conclusion that Christianity is definitely not okay? My reasons for hating Christianity are entirely different than his, but he certainly seems a lot smarter than all the people in this thread who think everyone and everything should be tolerated, even Christianity in (black) metal.


Well yes you do need a reason to hate something otherwise you are being a sheep (ironically like what you say you dispise) hate without reason is fucking stupid and douchy, perhaps you need to spend less time in the basement. Also the Lateran Pact is for catholics not christians

P.S. why is christianity not okay?


Catholicism is a sect of Christianity, therefore Catholics are Christians. If you need to be told why Christianity is not okay then you need to pick up some historical texts and re-introduce yourself to both the Old and New Testament, books that are ever-contradicting, put humanly impossible expectations upon humans (which in and of itself is immoral), espouses hatred as much as anything else, and frankly above all else is a work of fiction as much as L. Ron Hubbard's literary works.
_________________
lord_ghengis wrote:
Tony the Peroy Slayer, bards shall sing your story.

Top
 Profile  
iAm
Wastelander

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 5630
Location: West of the Duwamish due South of the Sound
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:42 am 
 

It's insulting to the entire Metal genre that there are Christian lyrics in Black Metal. It's a contradiction to itself in the first place, just should'nt be there.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
If the U.N. flew a bunch of C130's over Syria and rained down boxes of Thin Mints, they'd be standing in a giant circle hand-in-hand singing like goddamn Whoville residents within an hour.

I hate music

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 734
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:25 am 
 

cultofkraken wrote:
Naedra wrote:
_Aargh wrote:
Naedra wrote:
Bullshit, why do you really hate christians? did they ever do anything to you personally?

I find it really funny that people seem to think that in order to be "allowed" to hate someone or something you first need to have a trauma of some sort that is caused by the object of your hate. What if cultofkraken has actually thought about things and come to the conclusion that Christianity is definitely not okay? My reasons for hating Christianity are entirely different than his, but he certainly seems a lot smarter than all the people in this thread who think everyone and everything should be tolerated, even Christianity in (black) metal.


Well yes you do need a reason to hate something otherwise you are being a sheep (ironically like what you say you dispise) hate without reason is fucking stupid and douchy, perhaps you need to spend less time in the basement. Also the Lateran Pact is for catholics not christians

P.S. why is christianity not okay?


Catholicism is a sect of Christianity, therefore Catholics are Christians. If you need to be told why Christianity is not okay then you need to pick up some historical texts and re-introduce yourself to both the Old and New Testament, books that are ever-contradicting, put humanly impossible expectations upon humans (which in and of itself is immoral), espouses hatred as much as anything else, and frankly above all else is a work of fiction as much as L. Ron Hubbard's literary works.



not to start an argument but what in the Bible is contradicting and also what expectations and "espoused hatred" are you speaking of?

Top
 Profile  
Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 6240
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 am 
 

This again, eh? Will you lot never tire?

For posterity, Naedra has gone away. Unintentional irony (as in the popular understanding of the term) is like a mildly radioactive substance; not really hazardous below most common thresholds, but surprisingly pernicious beyond them. As cleaner, it is my duty to address those situations in which abnormal concentrations arise in public areas--since the picture thread was revived, I would rather not have to see the lot of you sporting shaved heads, swollen nodes, and British smiles.

Finally, though I'm almost certainly belabouring the point by this juncture, I would invite observers to contrast the personal conduct of the Enlightened (Naedra) with his backwards, troglodytic neighbors (cultofkraken, _Aargh, others). Will wonders never cease?
_________________
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Machine_Dead, raumr, Rykov, StainedClass95, whiteshark761 and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group