Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 am 

Alda – Passage

“Passage” is such a fitting title for this opus because the material finds Alda further strengthening their bonds as musicians and honing their style into an even more earthen and evolved fusion of black styled metal often revered in their location, and a passionately spirited folk presence. Alda have noticeably grown as songwriters while not forsaking the roots of their core sound and delivery and it makes Passage a vital addition not only to their own impressive catalog, but to the ever growing North American “black metal” community.

Passage is an all encompassing journey into the mountains and environs surrounding them.

Album cover(nice one):

http://bindrunerecordings.com/2015/05/3 ... -unveiled/

Tahoma was great so I have very good expectations with this one!

nosferatu1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:42 pm 

Criminally underrated band, imo. I have been eagerly anticipating this album for a long while now. I was checking their facebook page daily since the beginning of the year for info on their new album, because they mentioned they were writing a new one last year. Glad you made a new thread about it, I was thinking about doing it when I saw the official release date announcement a couple days ago but I never got around to it.

They're still pretty young as a band, only having two previous albums, so I'm very excited to see how they've progressed and evolved in their songwriting. Their previous album :Tahoma: is amazing, and if they can somehow top it, Passage will be the album of the year for me.

narsilianshard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:54 pm 

While the whole black/folk/cascadian thing has grown really old, I've always had a soft spot for Alda. Probably the best band from my neck of the woods. Tahoma is a masterpiece and they're always great live. When it comes down to it they're just really talented, and genuine people. Can't wait for this.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:57 pm 

Tahoma was a fantastic album so looking forward to see if they will continue this trend.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:13 pm 

Now that's something to look forward to. Tahoma is an all time favorite of mine.
Hope they don't disappoint

bloodycumshit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:24 am 

nosferatu1234 wrote:
I have been eagerly anticipating this album for a long while now. I was checking their facebook page daily since the beginning of the year for info on their new album

ha, same here, can't wait!

Last edited by bloodycumshit on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paganbasque
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:31 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
While the whole black/folk/cascadian thing has grown really old, I've always had a soft spot for Alda. Probably the best band from my neck of the woods. Tahoma is a masterpiece and they're always great live. When it comes down to it they're just really talented, and genuine people. Can't wait for this.

Taking into account what you have said and the fact that they have taken their time to finish the album, I hope it doesnt mean a total change of style. Something which usually happens when a certain style seems to be outdated.

Metal81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:02 pm 

A track was just posted along with a fairly detailed review. I LOVED Tahoma and think this tracks sounds great. I think pre-orders will be up this week, but they have been saying that for a while now . . .

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2015/07/1 ... f-passage/

Paganbasque
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:48 am 

Metal81 wrote:
A track was just posted along with a fairly detailed review. I LOVED Tahoma and think this tracks sounds great. I think pre-orders will be up this week, but they have been saying that for a while now . . .

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2015/07/1 ... f-passage/

Man this has made my day! thanks!

The release of the album has suffered a delay but it seems that the pre-order will be up in one/two weeks.

the_bard_of_osyrhia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:08 am 

The new song sounds great and Tahoma is one of my favourite records from the Cascadian scene (which I agree has become a bit tired as a scene and style but still produces excellent bands from time to time like this one, Falls of Rauros and such).

Another excellent album cover as well. Though nothing quite reaches the stark beauty of Tahoma's artwork. Those weird fish/crocodile things just complete it.

http://www.last.fm/user/Argaalofthemyst

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:43 pm 

i haven't listened to much of the cascadian stuff in a while, but i enjoyed tahoma a lot when it came out. will check this out.

Metal81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:25 pm 

Pre-order is up

http://eihwazrecordings.com/distro/inde ... d4378286e6

nosferatu1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 am 

^^^It's about friggin time! Was supposed to be released 3 weeks ago!

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:24 am 

Got the cassette version of the album from the band but haven't had the chance to listen to it yet. Probably my most anticipated album of this year as Tahoma was my album of the year for 2011 and to this day is one of my favorite records.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

SanctuaryCat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:26 pm 

I love Tahoma it is wonderfully evocative.

Dank_M3T4L
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:06 pm 

Is Slipknot Black Metal?

Last edited by Diamhea on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
warned

dystopia4
Thumbman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:23 pm 

I was really into it around 2009-2011, but I've felt that the whole Cascadian black metal thing has grown kind of stale and haven't been keeping up with what's happening at all in the past few years. However, I loved Tahoma (a rare example of a feather-light black metal album being awesome), so might as well give this one a try.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:44 am 

FYI the Infera Bruo album on that link is really good too!

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:30 pm 

First listen through and really enjoyed the album. As expected beautiful acoustic work and strong clean singing. It is early to say if it is a Tahoma beater but if you enjoyed that album you should not be disappointed with Passage.

Metal81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:16 pm 

Great to hear! When did yours arrive? Bindrune said pre-orders will arrive this week. I have admittedly high expectations for this after Tahoma, looking forward to checking this out.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:19 am 

Metal81 wrote:
Great to hear! When did yours arrive? Bindrune said pre-orders will arrive this week. I have admittedly high expectations for this after Tahoma, looking forward to checking this out.

Have not received the physical version myself yet Metal81, had to use a different method to check album out :oh shit:
Could not resist!

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:38 am 

Loved tahoma. Looking forward to another beautiful album by these gents.

Paganbasque
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:55 am 

I am not in the best mood to listen to this style but I would like to mention that the accoustic parts are truly beautiful.

Reply to topic