Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheHellstorm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:22 pm 

My new Metal Armour AKA The Slaughtercut. The bitch still needs a few studs, patches and overall DIY love, but the basis is fukking perfect for me.

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:37 am 

Put the studs on last night.

And put the Grave patch on recently.

iiix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:06 pm 

I got the last one of these

http://www.polyvore.com/heavy_metal_jea ... d=75081207

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Nice hipster black metal vest, narsilianshard!

Haha, funny thing is, you're right... It's pretty cool! It seems like hipster doucheburgers are the only ones doing anything interesting and innovative in BM these days... I really want a Bilirubin patch!

iiix wrote:

DIY UNTIL I BUY! Oh dear...

Me? No pics... I have bought so many patches in the last year or two... I'm just too lazy to sew them on. I mean, I'm just going to die anyway. Why bother? ;_;

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:43 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
Me? No pics... I have bought so many patches in the last year or two... I'm just too lazy to sew them on. I mean, I'm just going to die anyway. Why bother? ;_;

Bother so you'll have something nice to be buried in!

_Jace_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:39 am 

Here's mine:
Just started it about a week ago, i first was a bit bothered about the white buttons, since they aren't the kind of buttons you normally have on you're battle vest, but i'm ok about it now, i've even some with zippers here, and they weren't to shabby. Also i'll keep my collar and won't cut it off, i mostly like to wear it with the buttons closed, that's also a thing i didn't see very often. I guess it's because you mostly have a band shirt underneath, but if i feel like showing it i just open it up^^

Abbath is much too grim and frostbitten for such mortal telephone technology.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:01 pm 

Is that an actual jacket or did you just cut the sleeves off a denim shirt? A heavier material will last much longer (and look better). Just sayin'

_Jace_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:28 pm 

It said "Sleeveless Workershirt" i bought it with the sleeves already cut off.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:50 pm 

I've got one of the same type with patches on it.

Are you happy with it? I think it has an awful fit. I've been wanting to get another vest, but haven't found a good one yet.

dunkelheit616
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 am 

I made this last year, I'm a bit unsure whether I like it or not. Just hanging on the wall as decoration for now.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 am 

Hails. I wanted to inquire about making DIY patches. Has anyone tried it? And I'm particularly interested in the cloth material used for the patches. Does one have to starch the cloth to a certain degree? Any help would be appreciated!

_Jace_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:35 am 

Zerberus wrote:
I've got one of the same type with patches on it.

Are you happy with it? I think it has an awful fit. I've been wanting to get another vest, but haven't found a good one yet.

The fit is okay for me, i have an L (don't know about american sizes) and are about 180cm (don't know how much this is in feet) tall and rather slim.
I'm just thinking about one day making a second one, or if i should get really unhappy with it a totally new one, since a friend of mine has a traditional blue denim vest and they look way more awesome irl than on the internet (where they're still awesome).
@dunkelheit616 That Bathory Pin is awesome. \m/

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:41 am 

fellas, a question: over the years I have accumulated enough patches etc. with cd deals and the like that I'm considering getting my own jacket. Where do you guys buy yours from? Yes, I've tried local thrift stores with absolutely no luck whatsoever. Keen on the idea (I used to loathe the aesthetic of them but my tune has changed) but blowing $100 on some super fashionable denim jacket seems incredibly pointless.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Natskygge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:29 am 

caspian wrote:
fellas, a question: over the years I have accumulated enough patches etc. with cd deals and the like that I'm considering getting my own jacket. Where do you guys buy yours from? Yes, I've tried local thrift stores with absolutely no luck whatsoever. Keen on the idea (I used to loathe the aesthetic of them but my tune has changed) but blowing $100 on some super fashionable denim jacket seems incredibly pointless.

My best advice would be to keep looking in the thrift shops. At some point there has to turn up a jacket in your size. :thumbsup: And remember, if you plan on wearing it over your jacket or with a hoodie underneath, it doesn't have to have a perfect, snug fit, unless of course you prefer your clothing tight fitting. Alternatively, H&M has denim jackets at an okay price - or wait until they have a sale. I fully understand why you don't want to spend several 100 dollars on an item of clothing that's going to have its sleeves cut off and be brought to shows where anything can happen to it.

BlackFlags
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:52 am 

dunkelheit616 wrote:
I made this last year, I'm a bit unsure whether I like it or not. Just hanging on the wall as decoration for now.

That Bathory patch :headbang:

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:22 pm 

caspian wrote:

Check out some of the online stores like ASOS. I got a good deal for a black denim jacket which had a 50% discount. I got it for $20+shipping. I didn't like anything from the thrift shops in my area, so I had to resort to online shopping.

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:28 pm 

Just got that Suffocation patch on last night.

EDIT: Just finished putting on the Solstice patch:

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:44 am 

Added these to my collection.
Suffocation is back patch :nods:

Edward K
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:07 am 

666Emperor666: Where on Earth did you get those Paysage d'Hiver patches? I've been looking everywhere and couldn't find anything but screen printed patches, which is fine, but since PdH is one of my favorites, I think it would be better to have an embroidered patch.

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 am 

They are both official patches from Prophecy. I'm not sure if they're still available. If not, try blackscaped.de.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:30 pm 

This Bolt Thrower patch is fucking awesome!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:39 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
This Bolt Thrower patch is fucking awesome!

Thanks mate!
I'm creating a vest with a clusterfuck of shaped patches, but I'm really new to the whole iron-on thing. I've seen patches like that get ripped off clean at shows :(

Almost done with my first vest, will post when it's done.

pmfan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:16 am 

metalpunk vest

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:34 am 

So over the past couple of months I've been working on my vest. Admittedly I've been using a combination of ironing and then sewing machine. I tried and tried, but my fingers are just too damn shaky and non-delicate for hand and needle. Perhaps one day...

Anyway, I've got a Carnivore patch coming that is a similar size of the Conqueror one, so I intend to have them opposite each other. I think that'd look cool on either side of the slanted back patch. Oh and there is a little bit of glue sticking out from under the Unleashed patch. I'll clean that up eventually.

Not the greatest quality pictures, but hopefully they suffice. :)

Spoiler: show

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:35 pm 

So i finally got around to putting my new Pestilential Shadows patch on my vest, this band is awesome and the new album is worthy to have a place on the jacket

lloyd93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:39 pm 

How do you put photos up? I got 2 JPEG files of my vest?

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:02 pm 

lloyd93 wrote:
How do you put photos up? I got 2 JPEG files of my vest?

Use imgur or any kind of image host, then use the IMG tag in the Full Editor. Voila!

caspian wrote:
I've tried local thrift stores with absolutely no luck whatsoever. Keen on the idea (I used to loathe the aesthetic of them but my tune has changed) but blowing $100 on some super fashionable denim jacket seems incredibly pointless.

Try a military surplus store.

lloyd93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:10 pm 

Image this is the front
Image this is the back - picture is of lesser quality because of my shaky hands lol

bands are - Sepultura, Pantera, Nunslaughter, Darkthrone, Morbid Angel, Celtic Frost, Burzum, Inquistion, Black Sabbath, Dystopia, Lifelover, Watain, Bathory, Exodus, Revenge, Dark Angel, Proclamation, Mayhem, Cannibal Corpse, DRI, Motorhead

And by no means am I done, I will probably post more updates on here as well. I aslo have a second leather one with only 2 patches so I will post that when I get more patches on it. The two bands on the leather one are Satanic Warmaster and Mutiilation.

diazemon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:39 pm 

This is my vest I finished the back but am still filling in the front.I have a dethklok one,a mortician chainsaw dismemberment,the agalloch troll backpatch,and a horde world of warcraft one cause Ive grown up with that game since I was 8 watching my parents then playing since 14.On the front is a type o negative logo I cut out of a t shirt,a mastodon logo,a misfits skull,and a small doll a good friend made me before she moved.I plan on buying some more next week for my birthday and I got the vest at hottopic cause I cannot find any denim at any second hand stores around here so I had to settle with it even though I don't really like the color.I cant sew so everything is safety pinned on in a mix of large and small pins.

[imgImage/img]

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:16 pm 

I don't think I've seen a red vest before. That's pretty interesting.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:02 am 

Fucking hell, lloyd93. Resize them shits.

lloyd93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:57 am 

I just got metallum, so I am just learning everything still :S lol

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:08 am 

diazemon wrote:
I don't really like the color.I cant sew so everything is safety pinned

Going about things this way is a shitty way to live. Don't settle for something you don't like. And if you don't know how to do something as simple as sewing, teach yourself. A vest should be a source of pride, you shouldn't have to apologize for it. It is fully in your power to change it and make it better. Apply these things to all aspects of your live and thrive.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:39 am 

Yeah man, for sure. Dude, if you can't sew, you can always do a combination of ironing and sewing machine. I tried to learn to hand sew, failed, and then picked up that technique to work on my vest and it worked pretty well. Anyone can learn to iron on a patch, and then use a sewing machine to put it into permanent place. Try it and enjoy the benefits. But really, no matter how it ends up, if you like it and it displays what bands/music you'rte passionate in, then it's a success.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:34 am 

So i just got this back from a freelance artist here in Melbourne. She did an amazing job and im over the moon about having it finally,
i asked for this artwork as its my favorite album of all time, and i think she did the cover art amazing justice! hand painted, 5 full layers of paint + extra highlights, 2 layers of Finisher.
Nothing on the front but considering getting a Dissection pin from somewhere?

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:30 am 

that is awesome, how much did that cost to do just out of curiosity?

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:44 am 

lupin99 wrote:
that is awesome, how much did that cost to do just out of curiosity?

For the artists business i wont post the final cost price im sorry,it starts at 200 and goes up from there depending on the picture/art.
But as each piece of art she does the cost depends on the amount of time and equipment used.
If your interested in getting her to do something im more than happy to PM you her contact details.
Again sorry to seem so formal, im never like this but she did ask me to keep it private, just for her sake i will respect that, i will say it was a really good price and im blown away that it didn't cost more.

diazemon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:52 pm 

BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
Yeah man, for sure. Dude, if you can't sew, you can always do a combination of ironing and sewing machine. I tried to learn to hand sew, failed, and then picked up that technique to work on my vest and it worked pretty well. Anyone can learn to iron on a patch, and then use a sewing machine to put it into permanent place. Try it and enjoy the benefits. But really, no matter how it ends up, if you like it and it displays what bands/music you'rte passionate in, then it's a success.

Ill probably try that way since I never really have the time to learn how to hand sew cause I have a lot of work from school usually. By not liking the color I mean it is a darker red in some placing and then they did this design where they try to make it a bright red transition in some areas.But the colors not really a big deal like you said its about the music and bands.

BeholdtheNicktopus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:30 pm 

Finally got my vest to a place where I feel good wearing it out. All hand-sewed (and hand-studded), for what it's worth. I'm especially happy with how the back looks.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:35 pm 

That is a fucking nice looking vest, well done!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 88  Next