Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
blackwarhordes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:28 am 

Hi , i don't know if this is a cover (i don't think so)

But the song 'VI' in the album 'Geist Ist Teufel' (2004) of Urfaust is the same song of Paysage d'Hiver in the album 'Einsamkeit' (2007) but called 'Inneres Licht'

Is a cover???
Paysage stolen the song???

~Guest 153339
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 am 

Good call there! I listened to both songs and you are correct. I really do not know what Paysage d'Hiver was thinking. There is no indication that it is a cover.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:36 am 

Reign_of_Praine wrote:
Good call there! I listened to both songs and you are correct. I really do not know what Paysage d'Hiver was thinking. There is no indication that it is a cover.

Well fuck em, I have no tolerance for music theft.

ciboire_de_merde
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:46 am 

Maybe I'm missing something, but though there are certain superficial similarities among them, I wouldn't go so far as to say the two songs are identical, or that Paysage D'Hiver stole this track. I mean, both are minimal and subtly-shifting keyboard-ambient tracks... I can't go note for note, but the Paysage gives off a totally different atmosphere, while incorporating wind and other subtle sounds that aren't in the Urfaust track. The Urfaust also seems to use a bit more layering, and different tones.

So while I'm no expert in this style of music, I don't hear any manifest plagiarism happening...

autumn_hollows
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:19 am 

ciboire_de_merde wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but though there are certain superficial similarities among them, I wouldn't go so far as to say the two songs are identical, or that Paysage D'Hiver stole this track. I mean, both are minimal and subtly-shifting keyboard-ambient tracks... I can't go note for note, but the Paysage gives off a totally different atmosphere, while incorporating wind and other subtle sounds that aren't in the Urfaust track. The Urfaust also seems to use a bit more layering, and different tones.

So while I'm no expert in this style of music, I don't hear any manifest plagiarism happening...

I agree.

In my opinion - Tobias Möckl makes amazing and unique music in both Darkspace and Paysage d'Hiver, therefore I would not understand why he of all people would need to take other's music as his own credibility. "Stealing" is a harsh accusation. Urfaust, though not my personal favorite, is great as well.

They are so reclusive we might not ever know so why judge that which you can only speculate. The songs are so amazing I would think nothing less of them if they were released under a different name, a different band, or a different date.

moonshield_jester
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:37 am 

blackwarhordes wrote:
Hi , i don't know if this is a cover (i don't think so)

But the song 'VI' in the album 'Geist Ist Teufel' (2004) of Urfaust is the same song of Paysage d'Hiver in the album 'Einsamkeit' (2007) but called 'Inneres Licht'

Is a cover???
Paysage stolen the song???

I have learned that there are mp3s floating around under the Paysage name that aren't actually his songs, including "Inneres Licht". Simply visit his official site and you will hear the true "Inneres Licht", as well as "Einhekr". It's uncertain who is behind the other versions though. =/

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.