Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Viral
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:25 pm 

Fuck these Peaceville exclusives. They did the same thing with Bloodbath's Unblessing the Purity EP and I can't find that CD anywhere else except on Peaceville's site. This wouldn't be a problem if they accepted PayPal.

MushroomStamp
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:33 pm 

unclevladistav wrote:
MushroomStamp wrote:
unclevladistav wrote:
Viral wrote:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110869

Ugh. Why must these guys tease people like this by making it a vinyl-only release? Even people who buy vinyl are still getting screwed since it's a limited release.

It sucks, but it definitely seems like a big mistake on their part, both for making it vinyl only and in a run so limited. By making it so hard to come by, many will just download it (I probably will, and I hate downloading stuff- never do it)

Should they care if people download it?

If they want to be paid for their work, then yes.

So you're implying that in not grabbing for cash, they're making "a big mistake". I don't quite understand.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:10 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
No, the difference there is because you're probably listening to remastered versions on the CDs. It comes from a difference in production, not any difference in the recording medium.

only the Exodus is the remastered version
the others were the original recordings
i HAVE heard versions that sounded 90% identical (Demolition Hammer, latter Morbid Angel and others)

the difference is the mastering process
for older albums anyway, much like how reel to reel/analog is totally different than digital
don't deny there are any sound differences when it comes down to that...

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:24 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
I hope that they decide to do a proper reunion, if only for a tour.

From what i've read, meaning it's value is debatable, Chris has stated before that Autopsy reunion was unlikely because nobody appreciated it when they were around before.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:30 am 

It's all for hype the vinyl is pressed to a 1000 pressing to be more desired and more wanted by true fans so they get to hear new Autopsy music. It's also because the band Autopsy has got big from it's music and not touring all the time they have a respected name within in Death Metal thanks to the first 3 albums they have recorded. So they have not needed to record new stuff so the band must need some money so out comes this vinyl and Severed Survival gets released.
It's away to get Autopsy back in the spot light and people are now all intrested to hear there new songs and then a album will come out more and likely.
Still i don't agree with everyone like oh i will just download it don't rip off the band if you like the music buy it don't rip off bands or the music.
Who cares it's not coming out on CD just buy a Vinyl player and listen to metal the classic way the way it started out!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2