Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Viral
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:04 am
Posts: 1894
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:06 pm 
 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=110869

Ugh. Why must these guys tease people like this by making it a vinyl-only release? Even people who buy vinyl are still getting screwed since it's a limited release.

Top
 Profile  
Tronic
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:37 pm
Posts: 198
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:08 pm 
 

Viral wrote:

Ugh. Why must these guys tease people like this by making it a vinyl-only release?


Vinyl is pretty damn metal in comparison to CDs.

Top
 Profile  
Dark_Mewtwo1
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:20 pm
Posts: 199
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:39 pm 
 

I'm glad theyre doing vinyl. Vinyl is underrated

Top
 Profile  
Nolan_B
In League With Nolan

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 4365
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:42 pm 
 

I wish they'd release it on 8 track.

Top
 Profile  
Viral
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:04 am
Posts: 1894
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:06 pm 
 

Dark_Mewtwo1 wrote:
I'm glad theyre doing vinyl. Vinyl is underrated

Yeah, but they can at least release it on CD as well.

Top
 Profile  
unclevladistav
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:10 pm 
 

Viral wrote:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110869

Ugh. Why must these guys tease people like this by making it a vinyl-only release? Even people who buy vinyl are still getting screwed since it's a limited release.


It sucks, but it definitely seems like a big mistake on their part, both for making it vinyl only and in a run so limited. By making it so hard to come by, many will just download it (I probably will, and I hate downloading stuff- never do it)

Top
 Profile  
FragKrag
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:36 pm
Posts: 475
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:11 pm 
 

omg T_T

I want it! hype hype hype.

I would appreciate a CD release though.

Top
 Profile  
MushroomStamp
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 681
Location: Helsinki, Finland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:53 pm 
 

unclevladistav wrote:
Viral wrote:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110869

Ugh. Why must these guys tease people like this by making it a vinyl-only release? Even people who buy vinyl are still getting screwed since it's a limited release.


It sucks, but it definitely seems like a big mistake on their part, both for making it vinyl only and in a run so limited. By making it so hard to come by, many will just download it (I probably will, and I hate downloading stuff- never do it)


Should they care if people download it?
_________________
freedom, metal & might

Top
 Profile  
mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:39 pm
Posts: 1424
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:35 pm 
 

I will definitely try and get this when it comes out. Does the price on the peaceville site include shipping?

Only vinyl is real.

As for limited release, then buy it and suck it up. The songs may be re-released as bonuses elsewhere anyway.
_________________
Mindslave - Powerviolence from NH


Last edited by mentalselfmutilation on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
Dail
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:53 pm
Posts: 70
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:36 pm 
 

don't worry, i'll rip the vinyl to MP3 when it's released.

Top
 Profile  
Dail
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:53 pm
Posts: 70
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:37 pm 
 

mentalselfmutilation wrote:

Only vinyl is real.



LOL. Douchebag comment of 2008.

Top
 Profile  
mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:39 pm
Posts: 1424
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:40 pm 
 

Dail wrote:
mentalselfmutilation wrote:

Only vinyl is real.



LOL. Douchebag comment of 2008.


Vinyl will last longer than CD's will following the nuclear apocalypse.


Also my fiance and I will each be preordering one within the next couple weeks. Fuck yeah, Autopsy!
_________________
Mindslave - Powerviolence from NH


Last edited by mentalselfmutilation on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
CountBlagorath
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:11 pm
Posts: 1042
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:43 pm 
 

I'm gonna buy this. I love Autopsy and all of thier albums.
_________________
Cinerary on Triptykon's album wrote:
This album made my girlfriend's water break and that bitch wasn't even pregnant.

PeachPit wrote:
5 dollar BJ's anyone?

MY BAND:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Ir ... 1401059608

Top
 Profile  
unclevladistav
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 1317
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:50 pm 
 

MushroomStamp wrote:
unclevladistav wrote:
Viral wrote:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110869

Ugh. Why must these guys tease people like this by making it a vinyl-only release? Even people who buy vinyl are still getting screwed since it's a limited release.


It sucks, but it definitely seems like a big mistake on their part, both for making it vinyl only and in a run so limited. By making it so hard to come by, many will just download it (I probably will, and I hate downloading stuff- never do it)


Should they care if people download it?


If they want to be paid for their work, then yes.

Top
 Profile  
Foxx
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:59 am
Posts: 856
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:58 pm 
 

Awesome, I don't really care about the format that the music is released on, I just want to get my hands on it.

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:16 pm 
 

it will be on CD format eventually

i refer to Mr. Reifert as "Christ Reifert", i expect any Reifert respecting citizen of the metal archives to do the same (hehehehe...)

anywho.
All Autopsy is gold, even ShitFun !!!
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
Buried_Death
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:12 am
Posts: 1484
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:19 pm 
 

Dam i need this! Its pretty metal that its only coming out on Vinyl. If you want it on a CD just get a USB Turn Table and rip it to computer then CD. Can't wait so need to hear this new Autopsy stuff!
_________________
Darkness Shade Records

Top
 Profile  
Buried_Death
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:12 am
Posts: 1484
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:33 pm 
 

Just ordered my copy not a bad price at £4.99 roll on the 26th January 2009 :D
_________________
Darkness Shade Records

Top
 Profile  
juicebitch
Juice Bitch

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1565
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:02 pm 
 

No worries guys, somebody will convert it to mp3 for the benefit of the masses.
_________________
HALBERD - death/doom featuring members of the Metal Archives !!

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
Album art/updates etc: https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Top
 Profile  
RevBau
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:02 pm
Posts: 1417
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:12 pm 
 

I really cannot stand that there wont be a CD form. :fuck: Autopsy is one of my all time favorite bands. I may have to order this vinyl just to have it.

Top
 Profile  
mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:39 pm
Posts: 1424
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:50 pm 
 

RevBau wrote:
I really cannot stand that there wont be a CD form. :fuck: Autopsy is one of my all time favorite bands. I may have to order this vinyl just to have it.


Buy a record player, it's not a bad thing to have anyway.

Or just download the mp3's if you want the songs to listen to.
_________________
Mindslave - Powerviolence from NH

Top
 Profile  
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Pakistan
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:26 am 
 

If it's getting released next month it should have leaked in November. Albums leaking 2 months before their release seems to be all the rage these days.
_________________
Previously MegaHassan
Paki thvg music, My Extreme Metal/Punk Label

Top
 Profile  
Morbidreich
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 267
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:36 am 
 

This is excellent news. It'll be great to get some new Autopsy music, even if it is just 2 new songs.

Top
 Profile  
Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:50 am
Posts: 4806
Location: Venestraya
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:38 am 
 

They should just record Critical Madness ten times in one session and slap it on an LP/CD/Whatever.

It'd be the best album ever made!

Top
 Profile  
Uncolored
Death Metal Fundamentalist

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:19 am
Posts: 755
Location: Cagliari/Italy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:38 am 
 

mentalselfmutilation wrote:
Does the price on the peaceville site include shipping?


no, I've just pre-ordered it
_________________
Germaniac wrote:
Caller Of The Storms may be black, but he has an aryan heart.

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
otherwise my life is nothing but sex, sightseeing, beer, bands, target, skating, malls, being chauffered around, and American snaxx (tm)

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 am 
 

Bezerko wrote:
They should just record Critical Madness ten times in one session and slap it on an LP/CD/Whatever.

It'd be the best album ever made!


Only if they have five recordings of Ridden With Disease as bonus tracks.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
_Aargh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Posts: 499
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:26 am 
 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Bezerko wrote:
They should just record Critical Madness ten times in one session and slap it on an LP/CD/Whatever.
It'd be the best album ever made!

Only if they have five recordings of Ridden With Disease as bonus tracks.

And Fleshcrawl played before every song.

Top
 Profile  
Buried_Death
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:12 am
Posts: 1484
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:28 am 
 

thejuicebitch wrote:
No worries guys, somebody will convert it to mp3 for the benefit of the masses.


People should just part with the money if they want the music even if they don't have the record player buy one!
Don't rip off the band and download music :|
_________________
Darkness Shade Records

Top
 Profile  
_Aargh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:11 pm
Posts: 499
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 am 
 

Buried_Death wrote:
People should just part with the money if they want the music even if they don't have the record player buy one!
Don't rip off the band and download music :|

This is true, and I wonder what kind of a metal fan doesn't have a record player in the first place. It's not like bands aren't releasing EP's and splits on vinyl all the time.

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:46 am 
 

i'm not against vinyl, but i can ONLY play it at home. can't take it on the road, or to work, or on my walks/treks. that's a pretty damning blow against a format.

vinyl is for sitting at home on the weekend knowing you won't be going anywhere for a while :|
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
hellhippie
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm
Posts: 1031
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:49 am 
 

they are from the age of vinyl and so am I, i still collect vinyl ,,, it will come out on cd for the rest of the people that dont collect vinyl ,,, probably later than wanted but still,,, and yes 10 bucks for a 7" is stupid but this ain't 87 anymore and most old school bands press vinyl just for the collectors ,, then the label bumps up the price to make a profit ,,,,,,,,the underground is so dead it makes me fucking sick,,, i saw autopsy at a day of death with repulsion immolation mortician and a shitload of others for 7$ ,,, 2 songs for 10 SUCKS DICK ,,, oh well i just preordered, by the way everything is a limited press so suck it fucking up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:puke::headbang:
_________________
...Oh, hear the thunder
Hear the voices
Hear the noise from hell
Demons, devils, dark spirits
From church horror tales
The hordes of dead roar...

Top
 Profile  
hellhippie
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm
Posts: 1031
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:59 am 
 

the16th6toothson wrote:
i'm not against vinyl, but i can ONLY play it at home. can't take it on the road, or to work, or on my walks/treks. that's a pretty damning blow against a format.

vinyl is for sitting at home on the weekend knowing you won't be going anywhere for a while :|
get a ttusb i burn all my albums into mp3 format put them on the good old ipod and make a hard copy on cd,,, vinyl has always sounded better and always will ,,,do to the limitations of cd's
_________________
...Oh, hear the thunder
Hear the voices
Hear the noise from hell
Demons, devils, dark spirits
From church horror tales
The hordes of dead roar...

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:03 am 
 

hellhippie wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
i'm not against vinyl, but i can ONLY play it at home. can't take it on the road, or to work, or on my walks/treks. that's a pretty damning blow against a format.

vinyl is for sitting at home on the weekend knowing you won't be going anywhere for a while :|
get a ttusb i burn all my albums into mp3 format put them on the good old ipod and make a hard copy on cd,,, vinyl has always sounded better and always will ,,,do to the limitations of cd's


No, it doesn't. Scientists and audio experts have yet to find any real difference between CD and vinyl. The supposed better sound is probably psychological, due to the "romance" of vinyl.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:43 am 
 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
hellhippie wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
i'm not against vinyl, but i can ONLY play it at home. can't take it on the road, or to work, or on my walks/treks. that's a pretty damning blow against a format.

vinyl is for sitting at home on the weekend knowing you won't be going anywhere for a while :|
get a ttusb i burn all my albums into mp3 format put them on the good old ipod and make a hard copy on cd,,, vinyl has always sounded better and always will ,,,do to the limitations of cd's


No, it doesn't. Scientists and audio experts have yet to find any real difference between CD and vinyl. The supposed better sound is probably psychological, due to the "romance" of vinyl.


Blessed are the Sick sounds VERY different on vinyl
so does StillBorn

albums with a very crisp digital production DO sound different on vinyl
vinyl is a little warmer sounding, not as "sharp" i guess

better is opinion.
but i think for the most part there is a difference, especially if you're very familiar with an album on one format and then play it on another
i have yet to compare more than just a handful of albums though, but i will say something like Von... there's really no difference. and i think Bonded by Blood sounds better on CD, i think the drums were a bit more even once it was digitally mastered

but this is a totally different topic, for a totally different thread so i better stop here
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:49 am 
 

No, the difference there is because you're probably listening to remastered versions on the CDs. It comes from a difference in production, not any difference in the recording medium.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:39 pm
Posts: 1424
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:17 pm 
 

unclevladistav wrote:
MushroomStamp wrote:
unclevladistav wrote:
Viral wrote:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110869

Ugh. Why must these guys tease people like this by making it a vinyl-only release? Even people who buy vinyl are still getting screwed since it's a limited release.


It sucks, but it definitely seems like a big mistake on their part, both for making it vinyl only and in a run so limited. By making it so hard to come by, many will just download it (I probably will, and I hate downloading stuff- never do it)


Should they care if people download it?


If they want to be paid for their work, then yes.


But you see the catch is it's limited. Once the 1,000 copies sell out, then Autopsy won't get paid shit for this release, meaning download by all means at this point. If you buy it once it's sold out, then you're not benefitting the band, you're benefitting yourself as a collector, and the seller who was getting rid of their copy.

I didn't see anything, i'm guessing these copies aren't numbered?


Buried_Death wrote:
thejuicebitch wrote:
No worries guys, somebody will convert it to mp3 for the benefit of the masses.


People should just part with the money if they want the music even if they don't have the record player buy one!
Don't rip off the band and download music :|


I'd rather people who don't have interest in playing the records not buy them. The downside with vinyl is collectors who refuse to play the music.

To collectors: If you're worried about the condition of your records just keep them stored well, and know what you're doing when you play them. You can play records over and over again,as long as you know what you're doing, maintain your needles, and store them in a safe play, your records will be fine. Most of my records are used and are originals from the 80's. I've got Exodus, Venom, Celtic Frost, Tokyo Blade, Rigor Mortis, Mercyful Fate, Hirax, etc all in some form of original 80's pressings. The covers are not always in the greatest shape, but the actual records look and play as if brand new.
_________________
Mindslave - Powerviolence from NH

Top
 Profile  
hellhippie
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm
Posts: 1031
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:44 pm 
 

i play my records ,,, some are very very rare ,, i still love the sound and YES It IS different on vinyl ,,, put on black sabbath black sabbath the first vertigo press on vinyl ,,, then put the cd on ,,, many bass and hi hat drop outs on cd ,,, remastering sucks on classics ,,, also on well lets just say severed survival ,,,,, much much better sounding on vinyl then on cd,,, pungent stench for god your soul is another ,,, just trust me i ve collecting and yes listening to records my entire life ,,,, over 30 years i've been a collector ,vinyl pisses on cd's
_________________
...Oh, hear the thunder
Hear the voices
Hear the noise from hell
Demons, devils, dark spirits
From church horror tales
The hordes of dead roar...

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:26 pm 
 

The reason a lot of vinyl sounds better is because of producers dicking around with CD releases in attempts to "remaster" them. If a CD and a vinyl record are released the same, then there's no difference.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
Rottenrectum
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:41 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:52 pm 
 

It will probably take just a day or two before you can download it. I'm not a vinyl-guy and even if I were I probably wouldn't get my hands on it.

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 pm 
 

I hope that they decide to do a proper reunion, if only for a tour.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Byrial1991, Ilwhyan, theposega and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group