Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:02 pm 
 

LokiGoddess wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
i hope to Christ Reifert you're thinking of GOOD things about Autopsy...


Who, me?


HUUUUGE Autopsy fan.


hahah ok good just checking
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
latinfiestacarnage
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 8:27 pm
Posts: 492
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:10 pm 
 

I'm kinda confused on what exactly the cover is...? The samples sound (not trying to say the same as everyone else) exactly like Kill. However this isnt completely bad because I found Kill to be a pretty good Death Metal album.
_________________
RIP Vitek

Top
 Profile  
RandyJames16
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:08 am
Posts: 538
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 pm 
 

the16th6toothson wrote:
the non bias truth and reality is somewhere between the last 2 posts

Cannibal Corpse are a good, solid VERY relevant band.
the best?...nope. but an institution? you betcha.
denial will get you nowhere, they aren't where they are because they are the bottom of the food chain... but i do like some other groups more.


I totally agree. I actually need to start buying CC albums, especially 'The Bleeding' because I believe that was the peak of their career.

Top
 Profile  
The_Boss
Set Abominae

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:45 am
Posts: 3186
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:07 am 
 

Rammknot wrote:
The_Boss wrote:
Hell yeah I'm so excited for this. Kill is easily their best album to date and Corpsegrinder is on top of his game, love the sound.


If on top of his game you mean world of warcraft then you would be correct.


LOLOMG GUD 1.

You should write lyrics for Dethklok :roll:

But seriously, Kill is by far Cannibal Corpse's best I think and if this sounds anything like Kill did... then that's a great thing.
_________________
Tantalus wrote:
I am a huge fan of The Boss - like, almost to obsession.

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:16 pm 
 

“For Evisceration Plague we enlisted legendary gore/horror artist Vincent Locke, who has done artwork for all of our releases. He did two pieces for us this time, a dark and foreboding cover piece, and a violent and gory piece for the interior of the CD packaging. Vince has shown once again that he is a master of capturing a macabre and eerie vibe with his artwork.


via Alex Webster
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
RevBau
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:02 pm
Posts: 1417
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:28 pm 
 

Well I cant wait for this. Maybe around the time this album comes out il catch up on their albums that I havnt gotten yet.

Top
 Profile  
mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:39 pm
Posts: 1424
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:35 pm 
 

the cover art is lame. First kill, now this.
_________________
Mindslave - Powerviolence from NH

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:40 pm 
 

mentalselfmutilation wrote:
the cover art is lame. First kill, now this.


read what i quoted, this is the slip case art, not the full art.
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5463
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:43 pm 
 

mentalselfmutilation wrote:
the cover art is lame. First kill, now this.


Have you ever seen the Centuries of Torment DVD? Locke gets pretty pissed off when they change or tone down his work. He apparently got all up in arms about The Bleeding after they just blew up that one small section of his intricate design. He was upset about Kill as well, the decaying guy with the knife was supposed to be the cover, but the band decided to change it... I can't quite remember why though. Maybe they're tired of being recognized for their album art and want people to focus on the music more now.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Job for a Cowboy - Sun Eater

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:56 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
mentalselfmutilation wrote:
the cover art is lame. First kill, now this.


Have you ever seen the Centuries of Torment DVD? Locke gets pretty pissed off when they change or tone down his work. He apparently got all up in arms about The Bleeding after they just blew up that one small section of his intricate design. He was upset about Kill as well, the decaying guy with the knife was supposed to be the cover, but the band decided to change it... I can't quite remember why though. Maybe they're tired of being recognized for their album art and want people to focus on the music more now.


hahaha well.. either way the art was lame, the "Kill guy" just makes me think of a bowl of fruity pebbles
but it WAS better than the simple KILL design...or was it, hell i don't know, one thing is for certain, the Butchered at Birth cover style days ARE looooooooong over.
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5463
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:57 pm 
 

the16th6toothson wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
mentalselfmutilation wrote:
the cover art is lame. First kill, now this.


Have you ever seen the Centuries of Torment DVD? Locke gets pretty pissed off when they change or tone down his work. He apparently got all up in arms about The Bleeding after they just blew up that one small section of his intricate design. He was upset about Kill as well, the decaying guy with the knife was supposed to be the cover, but the band decided to change it... I can't quite remember why though. Maybe they're tired of being recognized for their album art and want people to focus on the music more now.


hahaha well.. either way the art was lame, the "Kill guy" just makes me think of a bowl of fruity pebbles
but it WAS better than the simple KILL design...or was it, hell i don't know, one thing is for certain, the Butchered at Birth cover style days ARE looooooooong over.


Yeah, I yearn for those days as well. I honestly think that Kill is musically one of my favorites, it's just unfortunate that something as superficial as the fucking cover turns away so many people.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Job for a Cowboy - Sun Eater

Top
 Profile  
yg7s7
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:08 am
Posts: 81
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:01 pm 
 

The only "Kill" they need to make is killing themselves..
_________________
metal is good

Top
 Profile  
The_Boss
Set Abominae

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:45 am
Posts: 3186
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:42 pm 
 

It's a shame when people bitch over the album artwork when the music is just fine, as if they're trying to find a reason not to like it.
_________________
Tantalus wrote:
I am a huge fan of The Boss - like, almost to obsession.

Top
 Profile  
Lyrici17
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 1322
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:34 pm 
 

The_Boss wrote:
It's a shame when people bitch over the album artwork when the music is just fine, as if they're trying to find a reason not to like it.



For sure... If the music is good, the Album cover could be solid purple for all I care.....

Obviously, I like cover art a lot, and wished that they (and all bands) cover art that appealed to me - but it's not a deal breaker...
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Lyrici17

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm 
 

yg7s7 wrote:
The only "Kill" they need to make is killing themselves..


oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

things i want on this album:
more solos than Kill
a more natural/roomy less modern production compared to Kill, even if just a little bit
at least 2 songs with a slow build into a brutal climax, as opposed to their tendency to have 2 songs that slow build to nowhere and 2 songs that are ALL brutal climax HAHA!

was anyone disappointed with Kill?
anyone?.....
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
doom_monger
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Posts: 451
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:56 pm 
 

the16th6toothson wrote:
yg7s7 wrote:
The only "Kill" they need to make is killing themselves..


oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

things i want on this album:
more solos than Kill
a more natural/roomy less modern production compared to Kill, even if just a little bit
at least 2 songs with a slow build into a brutal climax, as opposed to their tendency to have 2 songs that slow build to nowhere and 2 songs that are ALL brutal climax HAHA!

was anyone disappointed with Kill?
anyone?.....


I didn't like the songs I heard enough to buy the album.

Top
 Profile  
Rottenrectum
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:41 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm 
 

Same boring music with Corpsegrinders trade-mark worthless vocals. No progress since Kill, not worth getting.

Top
 Profile  
Korpsegrinder
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:56 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:42 pm 
 

the16th6toothson wrote:
yg7s7 wrote:
The only "Kill" they need to make is killing themselves..


oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

things i want on this album:
more solos than Kill
a more natural/roomy less modern production compared to Kill, even if just a little bit
at least 2 songs with a slow build into a brutal climax, as opposed to their tendency to have 2 songs that slow build to nowhere and 2 songs that are ALL brutal climax HAHA!

was anyone disappointed with Kill?
anyone?.....


First though when I listened to Kill was that the album is just excellent. After few listens it just kinda blended into that same average mass like every post-Tomb albums did. Just boring. Kill was actually worse than The Wretched Spawn imo.

Top
 Profile  
CountBlagorath
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:11 pm
Posts: 1042
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:20 pm 
 

I can't complain about Kill because I bought it from Wal-Mart for $10 uncensord. I really liked it, but The first 3 albums are my favorites of thiers.
_________________
Cinerary on Triptykon's album wrote:
This album made my girlfriend's water break and that bitch wasn't even pregnant.

PeachPit wrote:
5 dollar BJ's anyone?

MY BAND:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Ir ... 1401059608

Top
 Profile  
SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:02 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:32 pm 
 

Korpsegrinder wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
yg7s7 wrote:
The only "Kill" they need to make is killing themselves..


oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

things i want on this album:
more solos than Kill
a more natural/roomy less modern production compared to Kill, even if just a little bit
at least 2 songs with a slow build into a brutal climax, as opposed to their tendency to have 2 songs that slow build to nowhere and 2 songs that are ALL brutal climax HAHA!

was anyone disappointed with Kill?
anyone?.....


First though when I listened to Kill was that the album is just excellent. After few listens it just kinda blended into that same average mass like every post-Tomb albums did. Just boring. Kill was actually worse than The Wretched Spawn imo.


I thought Wretched Spawn was awesome. "It was made to KIIIIIIIIIILL!!!". Crushing stuff

Top
 Profile  
doom_monger
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Posts: 451
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:36 pm 
 

SpiritOfTheForest wrote:
Korpsegrinder wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
yg7s7 wrote:
The only "Kill" they need to make is killing themselves..


oh ho ho ho WITTY!!!!

things i want on this album:
more solos than Kill
a more natural/roomy less modern production compared to Kill, even if just a little bit
at least 2 songs with a slow build into a brutal climax, as opposed to their tendency to have 2 songs that slow build to nowhere and 2 songs that are ALL brutal climax HAHA!

was anyone disappointed with Kill?
anyone?.....


First though when I listened to Kill was that the album is just excellent. After few listens it just kinda blended into that same average mass like every post-Tomb albums did. Just boring. Kill was actually worse than The Wretched Spawn imo.


I thought Wretched Spawn was awesome. "It was made to KIIIIIIIIIILL!!!". Crushing stuff


The Wretched Spawn IS awesome. :headbang:

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5463
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:51 pm 
 

I own Tomb of the Mutilated, The Bleeding, Vile, Bloodthirst, and Kill. All of them (save for Kill) I had to buy at the used CD store in order to get uncensored. I see The Wretched Spawn fairly often, but it's the censored cover, so I've never bothered. Strangely enough, for Tomb of the Mutilated, the actual CD is plain black with the logo and tracklisting and a note saying "CENSORED VERSION". The cover art is definitely the uncensored art and none of the song titles/lyrics are altered. Out of the five I own, it's a toss up between TotM and Kill for my favorite. The only other one I've had in digital copy was Eaten Back to Life, and I absolutely loved it. I have yet to hear any of the others, unfortunately.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Job for a Cowboy - Sun Eater

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10864
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:15 am 
 

You should definitely get Gore Obsessed, then. It's my personal favourite.
_________________
My collection
Wilytank wrote:
GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Expedience's girlfriend left him for a cheetah.

She cheetah'd on him.

Top
 Profile  
deathcorpse
Super Cres at Best

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 5:48 pm
Posts: 497
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am 
 

I've had my interest in checking out CC, I have the first 2 albums and I also checked out the most recent DVD in which they have that 3 hour documentary (which I thought was done quite well) and live clips/videos. What I don't understand about it is why on the live clips is there only 1 show with Barnes and the rest are all Corpsegrinder?

Another observation (and obviously it's just that) is that it seems as if Fisher is almost always pictured with a Dethklok shirt on. Now, I can understand the appeal of the cartoon show and all; but somehow him wearing that shirt screams to me self-parody since that band is a rip on the whole genre. It's almost if Paul Stanley from KISS would be constantly wearing Spinal Tap shirts onstage.

What do you guys consider the best Corpsegrinder era album? From what I've seen in the DVD, I liked the sound on VILE which seems to be the first album Fisher is on (although it didn't get that great of reviews on MA).
_________________
www.kissawol.com
www.myspace.com/scottharrisdrums

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 4577
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:15 pm 
 

MegaHassan wrote:
I'm not optimistic at all and the death metal album I'm looking forward to most is Obituary's upcoming album.


Based on what? Did you actually enjoy Xecutioners Return? Or have they made some sort of announcement about their new album that I missed? Did they find a guitarist that can write an interesting riff?
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:15 pm
Posts: 10257
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:19 pm 
 

deathcorpse wrote:
I've had my interest in checking out CC, I have the first 2 albums and I also checked out the most recent DVD in which they have that 3 hour documentary (which I thought was done quite well) and live clips/videos. What I don't understand about it is why on the live clips is there only 1 show with Barnes and the rest are all Corpsegrinder?

Another observation (and obviously it's just that) is that it seems as if Fisher is almost always pictured with a Dethklok shirt on. Now, I can understand the appeal of the cartoon show and all; but somehow him wearing that shirt screams to me self-parody since that band is a rip on the whole genre. It's almost if Paul Stanley from KISS would be constantly wearing Spinal Tap shirts onstage.

What do you guys consider the best Corpsegrinder era album? From what I've seen in the DVD, I liked the sound on VILE which seems to be the first album Fisher is on (although it didn't get that great of reviews on MA).


I like "Vile" ... got introduced to Cannibal COrpse when this came out and I still think songs like "Eaten from Inside" (love that lead guitar) are pretty cool.
_________________
Hush! and hark
To the sorrowful cry
Of the wind in the dark.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Top
 Profile  
SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:02 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:28 pm 
 

To me, the best thing on Vile was that AWESOME scream Corpsegrinder lets rip at the very start of the album. It's a very solid album though

Top
 Profile  
More_brains
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:34 pm
Posts: 40
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:37 pm 
 

Yeah, cannibal corpse is my favourite band, But I only like them for they had barnes. Every thing after the bleeding fucking sucks. I dont mind vile though...Im not going to buy this. Fucking horrible.

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10864
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:38 pm 
 

More_brains wrote:
Yeah, cannibal corpse is my favourite band, But I only like them for they had barnes. Every thing after the bleeding fucking sucks. I dont mind vile though...Im not going to buy this. Fucking horrible.

If everything after Vile sucks, how could they possibly be your favourite band? :???:
_________________
My collection
Wilytank wrote:
GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Expedience's girlfriend left him for a cheetah.

She cheetah'd on him.

Top
 Profile  
White_Witch
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:53 pm
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:14 pm 
 

MikeyC wrote:
More_brains wrote:
Yeah, cannibal corpse is my favourite band, But I only like them for they had barnes. Every thing after the bleeding fucking sucks. I dont mind vile though...Im not going to buy this. Fucking horrible.

If everything after Vile sucks, how could they possibly be your favourite band? :???:


Obviously because he loves the earlier shit.
Still haven't heard Kill, except for one song on the radio which sounded ok.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5463
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:05 pm 
 

Since I'm a filthy pirate, I just torrented the remainder of the albums I needed. Gore Obsessed was okay, and The Wretched Spawn was above average. I still haven't heard Butchered at Birth or Gallery of Suicide yet. I'm one of the hordes of people that think they started getting worse after they got Corpsegrinder, but I don't think it really has anything to do with him. It just so happens that it's around the fifth or sixth album that the sameness starts to get irritating. Keep in mind I still at least moderately enjoy everything I've heard, but it's hard to deny that they haven't musically evolved too horribly much since Tomb of the Mutilated.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Job for a Cowboy - Sun Eater

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:10 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Since I'm a filthy pirate, I just torrented the remainder of the albums I needed. Gore Obsessed was okay, and The Wretched Spawn was above average. I still haven't heard Butchered at Birth or Gallery of Suicide yet. I'm one of the hordes of people that think they started getting worse after they got Corpsegrinder, but I don't think it really has anything to do with him. It just so happens that it's around the fifth or sixth album that the sameness starts to get irritating. Keep in mind I still at least moderately enjoy everything I've heard, but it's hard to deny that they haven't musically evolved too horribly much since Tomb of the Mutilated.


Gallery of Suicide is their worst it should have been an EP, 17-20 minutes of it is pretty damned good, but the rest is really bad.
I think one of the biggest problems is actually Pat O'Brien. Pat's a gifted player, but i don't think he's a gifted *writer*

you might like Butchered, that bastard is one evil brutal sick son of a bitch! to me... a TOTAL Classic
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
Hyperscotty1991
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:20 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:07 pm 
 

I'm quite new to metal and can't really be a voice of authority on this matter but i prefer CC's earlier stuff like Tomb of the Mutilated and The Bleeding. I think Bloodthirst was the last good album. Kill was alright and i suppose Eviceration Plague will be similar but you never know...

Top
 Profile  
Alocer7138r
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 169
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:22 pm 
 

the16th6toothson wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
Since I'm a filthy pirate, I just torrented the remainder of the albums I needed. Gore Obsessed was okay, and The Wretched Spawn was above average. I still haven't heard Butchered at Birth or Gallery of Suicide yet. I'm one of the hordes of people that think they started getting worse after they got Corpsegrinder, but I don't think it really has anything to do with him. It just so happens that it's around the fifth or sixth album that the sameness starts to get irritating. Keep in mind I still at least moderately enjoy everything I've heard, but it's hard to deny that they haven't musically evolved too horribly much since Tomb of the Mutilated.


Gallery of Suicide is their worst it should have been an EP, 17-20 minutes of it is pretty damned good, but the rest is really bad.
I think one of the biggest problems is actually Pat O'Brien. Pat's a gifted player, but i don't think he's a gifted *writer*

you might like Butchered, that bastard is one evil brutal sick son of a bitch! to me... a TOTAL Classic


Gallery of suicide is their best work to me at least. I really like kill but the lyrics aren't as gory as they should be. I'm hoping this album wont have lyrics like kill, they should be gory like the good old days.

Top
 Profile  
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:26 pm 
 

Alocer7138r wrote:
the16th6toothson wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
Since I'm a filthy pirate, I just torrented the remainder of the albums I needed. Gore Obsessed was okay, and The Wretched Spawn was above average. I still haven't heard Butchered at Birth or Gallery of Suicide yet. I'm one of the hordes of people that think they started getting worse after they got Corpsegrinder, but I don't think it really has anything to do with him. It just so happens that it's around the fifth or sixth album that the sameness starts to get irritating. Keep in mind I still at least moderately enjoy everything I've heard, but it's hard to deny that they haven't musically evolved too horribly much since Tomb of the Mutilated.


Gallery of Suicide is their worst it should have been an EP, 17-20 minutes of it is pretty damned good, but the rest is really bad.
I think one of the biggest problems is actually Pat O'Brien. Pat's a gifted player, but i don't think he's a gifted *writer*

you might like Butchered, that bastard is one evil brutal sick son of a bitch! to me... a TOTAL Classic


Gallery of suicide is their best work to me at least. I really like kill but the lyrics aren't as gory as they should be. I'm hoping this album wont have lyrics like kill, they should be gory like the good old days.


interesting
tell me in comparison to some of the others why it's the best?
i admit the songs i do like, i LOVE-absolutely dig a few cuts from it but let's take an average song from the album, say "Headless" with your reasoning behind it, why does it top "I Cum Blood" or "Eaten from Inside"
No let's take a song i think from that album is total crap "Centuries of Torment" how does it stack up to an average or "weaker" song from The Bleeding say... "An Experiment in Homicide"

i really do want to know why Gallery of Suicide is your favorite
i think it's production is terribly muddy, i want to know why you think it's sound even is one of their stronger moments

not that i am dissing you, insulting or looking down my nose on you-a fellow explained rather well why he likes Wolverine Blue and Clandestine but despises Left Hand Path. i'm sure you can for Gallery of Suicide
_________________
D E A T H M E T A L

Top
 Profile  
Morbid89
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 472
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 pm 
 

Abominatrix wrote:
deathcorpse wrote:
What do you guys consider the best Corpsegrinder era album? From what I've seen in the DVD, I liked the sound on VILE which seems to be the first album Fisher is on (although it didn't get that great of reviews on MA).


I like "Vile" ... got introduced to Cannibal COrpse when this came out and I still think songs like "Eaten from Inside" (love that lead guitar) are pretty cool.

Vile was my first Cannibal album as well, I fucking love it though Tomb Of The Mutilated's probably a bit better. MUMMIFIED IN BARBED WIRAAARRR

Top
 Profile  
frigidpony
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:33 pm
Posts: 226
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:15 pm 
 

I loved Kill and thought it was their best in years, maybe even best with Corpsegrinder. Looking forward to the new CD.. especially after getting the 3DVD.

No, I haven't always been such a Corpse fanboy.
_________________
Reviews for Celtic Frost's Monotheist
"There is also a huge lack of UGH's and there are no fucking HEY's in this album."
Written by Skullhammer on May 21st, 2006

Top
 Profile  
FasterDisaster
OMG WAT DOES THIS CAPS LOCK KEY DO

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:08 pm
Posts: 6442
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:19 pm 
 

frigidpony wrote:
I loved Kill and thought it was their best in years, maybe even best with Corpsegrinder. Looking forward to the new CD.. especially after getting the 3DVD.

No, I haven't always been such a Corpse fanboy.


I personally love Gore Obsessed. That album is B-grade AMAZING.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
Shitloads of bands continue to gloriously invoke the majestic throne of Satan every single day.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bronxeel, maidenpriestmanic, Marogareh, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group