Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mjaeltbrand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:25 am 

In my school, it is only me and my friend that are into "true" metal. It is impossible to have a discussion about metal with other people because they always suck Metallicas dick and think that extreme metal is not music.
I view any attempt to keep metal unpopular as false, because I view metal (not only do I view it; I know it to be) as an army looking for recruits. People trying to keep it down are weakening our military.

Hyperscotty1991
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:43 pm 

In the UK, theres large amount of metalheads but we're a severe minority. If you ask someone what metal is, there reply will be Slipknot, Bullet for my Valentine or Bring Me The Horizon or some other metalcore band. And then theres the whole rave/happy hardcore wankers that walk about in shellsuits...i hope they all die in a fire

Architect696
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 pm 

Hyperscotty1991 wrote:
In the UK, theres large amount of metalheads but we're a severe minority. If you ask someone what metal is, there reply will be Slipknot, Bullet for my Valentine or Bring Me The Horizon or some other metalcore band. And then theres the whole rave/happy hardcore wankers that walk about in shellsuits...i hope they all die in a fire

Strangely, similar situation is happening in the country I came from which is known as Burma ( Myanmar ). I think it's happening in mass skill. Now I'm wondering if it's good or bad for the entire true metal genre.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2