Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:56 pm 

Well As many of you should now... During the August 2nd Press Conference on Wacken Open Air 2008, it was announced that the festival will have its first date outside Germany.

On 2009, when Wacken goes to its 20th Anniversary, the first Brazilian edition of the festival will go live, by a partnership between Wacken, Atos Entretenimento and Roadie Crew magazine, both Brazilian companies.

The festival will have the name of WACKEN ROCKS BRAZIL, and São Paulo (SP) will host it on May 16th and 17th 2009.

Thomas Jensen, one of the owners of "Wacken", commented during the press conference about the Brazilian edition: "There are talks happening to bring Wacken spirit to different places in the world, like Australia, but the first festival with the name 'Wacken" outside Gernamy will take place in Brazil on May 2009, and will be know as "Wacken Rocks Brazil". We have here our Brazilian partners, and we have just signed the contract between ICS-WOA, ATOS and Revista Roadie Crew", answering an australian reporter question.

Before that, Dennis Schunke from Van Canto just confirmed the information, and added that Van Canto is the first band confirmed to the event.

More information (in portuguese) can be found
herehttp://whiplash.net/materias/news_884/075836.html.

Español
http://abismo666blogzine.blogspot.com/2 ... razil.html
http://www.antronio.com/comunidad/f14/w ... -a-435439/

For all the people interested... post all the information you can get... eventually Ill try to put wich bands are gonna play... see you around

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 pm 

How about a Wacken Rocks America? :(

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:10 pm 

CountBlagorath wrote:

Dude I don't know why but I have a remote feeling that a plain ticket to Brazil... is waaaaaaay cheaper than one to Germany
Edit: Also Brazilian womens are very atractives :drool:

thewitchfinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:15 pm 

gomorro wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

Dude I don't know why but I have a remote feeling that a plain ticket to Brazil... is waaaaaaay cheaper than one to Germany

With their giant and perfectly sculpted asses!

http://www.myspace.com/thevala

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:19 pm 

thewitchfinder wrote:
gomorro wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

With their giant and perfectly sculpted asses!
Yeah well but lets stick in the W:R:B theme, but anyway I think this is a good oportunity for all american people who can't reach Germany for enjoy this kind of events... I've found that theres also a remote possibility to make ahother Wacken festivals in diferents parts of the world like Australia

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:00 pm 

gomorro wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

Actually it's about $300 more.

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:17 pm 

BardInTheForest wrote:
gomorro wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

And the ciafu will get you.

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:21 pm 

orionmetalhead wrote:
BardInTheForest wrote:
gomorro wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

Ciafu?????

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:26 pm 

gomorro wrote:
orionmetalhead wrote:
BardInTheForest wrote:
gomorro wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

Ciafu?????

Siafu:

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:37 pm 

gomorro wrote:
I think this is a good oportunity for all american people who can't reach Germany for enjoy this kind of events... I've found that theres also a remote possibility to make ahother Wacken festivals in diferents parts of the world like Australia

Im not holding my breath on that one, given the trend of 'single location' festvals in Australia. The general population is waaaaaay to dispersed across the country and really makes it difficult holding a 2-3day metal festival in one place and garnering enough ticket purchases.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:09 am 

Wow that's good news to the metalheads brethern in South America! If there is a more solid and intense metal following then in Europe, it's definitely in Brazil and the surrounding countries. I hope someday Wacken could rock America (hopefully somewhere close to me).

Wonder when the lineup will be announced...

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:15 am 

As much as I would like to see Wacken tour US, it won't happen because the quality lineup as usual for Wacken would be lessend because alot of bands that would usually play the festival would have difficulty entering our country.

norilor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:37 am 

orionmetalhead wrote:
gomorro wrote:
orionmetalhead wrote:
BardInTheForest wrote:
gomorro wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

Ciafu?????

Siafu:

Are you stupid? Siafu do not exist in Brazil, stop taking your information from Indiana Jones!!!!

This should be interesting, Latin Americans know how to rock and are not stiff like their N. American counterparts. Maybe I will fly down there, but it ultimately depends on the line up of course.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:40 am 

norilor wrote:
This should be interesting, Latin Americans know how to rock and are not stiff like their N. American counterparts.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Every show I've been to here was packed with people having an incredibly awesome, rocking time.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 am 

norilor wrote:
orionmetalhead wrote:
gomorro wrote:
orionmetalhead wrote:
BardInTheForest wrote:
gomorro wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:

Ciafu?????

Siafu:

Are you stupid? Siafu do not exist in Brazil, stop taking your information from Indiana Jones!!!!

This should be interesting, Latin Americans know how to rock and are not stiff like their N. American counterparts. Maybe I will fly down there, but it ultimately depends on the line up of course.

North American counterparts? Last time I checked Latin America was not a continent but a geopolitical demographic. Mexico is part of Latin America but is in North America so try to think before you post such asinine things.

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:10 pm 

Well, I live in Brazil (in Brasilia, specifically), so I´m pretty much excited about Wacken in Brazil. Of course it won´t be as great as it is in Germany (mostly because of traveling costs of bands, equipment and shit like that), but, man, I can take my car, drive 1000 kilometers (hell yeah, it´s not close, but it´s far closer than traveling 15k kilometers to Germany) and enjoy THE metal festival!

And... only 2 months earlier, I´ll watch Maiden with their full stage in Somewhere Back in Time Tour. Again.

God, I think I´ll die.

vondskapens_makt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:38 pm 

Now I have another reason to visit my family down there. :D

The eye can outstare neither the sun, nor death... if I sought God it was in delirium and in the delight of temptation.

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:10 pm 

vondskapens_makt wrote:

lol

nice excuse, eh?

edit: where in Brazil are you from?

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 am 

potassium_cianide wrote:
And... only 2 months earlier, I´ll watch Maiden with their full stage in Somewhere Back in Time Tour. Again.
God, I think I´ll die.
Yeahh wel...l you are not the only one...
http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=1027
FUCKING FIRST TIME IN PERU...CARAJO...The firs time I saw this I almos shed a tear and Kiss a girlfriend next to me....

@orionmetalhead: Dude.. Siafu are actually from Africa

iiix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:05 am 

The point is, Siafu will get your ass, regardless of where their from. And if not them, the Killer Bees, man.

This is very interesting. I wouldn't mind hitting this up before it turns to bad in a couple years. Are plane tickets really MORE expensive than a flight to Germany?

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:13 am 

gomorro wrote:
potassium_cianide wrote:
God, I think I´ll die.
Yeahh wel...l you are not the only one...
http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=1027
FUCKING FIRST TIME IN PERU...CARAJO...The firs time I saw this I almos shed a tear and Kiss a girlfriend next to me....

@orionmetalhead: Dude.. Siafu are actually from Africa

The time I saw they´ll play right in my city (which I dreamed of for years) I screamed a "HOLY SHIT I CAN´T BELIEVE THIS"

The problem was that I was at work, so everyone looked at me like "WTF" :lol:

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:15 am 

iiix wrote:
The point is, Siafu will get your ass, regardless of where their from. And if not them, the Killer Bees, man.

This is very interesting. I wouldn't mind hitting this up before it turns to bad in a couple years. Are plane tickets really MORE expensive than a flight to Germany?

It depends on where you live in US. There are daily flights from São Paulo to NY, LA or Miami, for example, and from these cities to São Paulo.

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:16 am 

iiix wrote:
Are plane tickets really MORE expensive than a flight to Germany?
Don't relly know man... I thinkthey are cheaper 'cos you don't have to across the Atlantic... And maybe a flight with climbs will result cheaper...

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 pm 

rexxz wrote:
norilor wrote:
This should be interesting, Latin Americans know how to rock and are not stiff like their N. American counterparts.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Every show I've been to here was packed with people having an incredibly awesome, rocking time.

I take it you've never been to a metal concert in South America then.

Anyway, good for Brazil, though the bands appearing in Wacken are usually pretty bad, and plane tickets to Brazil are expensive anyway.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:02 pm 

I would love to travel to Brazil, but the idea of getting drunk there is fucking terrifying to me. Brazilian trannies are hotter than most REAL women. You take a pleasant trip down to Brazil for some headbanging, and end up living out The Crying Game. Fuck that.

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:41 pm 

norilor wrote:
orionmetalhead wrote:
Siafu:

maybe not by that exact name but there are similar ant species in the Amazon. I used the name because it sounded exotic.

White_Witch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:52 am 

wigglygore wrote:
Im not holding my breath on that one, given the trend of 'single location' festvals in Australia. The general population is waaaaaay to dispersed across the country and really makes it difficult holding a 2-3day metal festival in one place and garnering enough ticket purchases.

It would sell every fucking ticket. Many Australians travel to Germany for Wacken, and you think our own country is going to stop us? Nonsense. It takes 3 and a half hours to fly from Perth to Melbourne. Not sure how long the flight to Wacken is but it's over 10 hours i'd bet.
People from NZ, singapore, etc would also come. You funny bastard.

Oflick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:12 am 

White_Witch wrote:
wigglygore wrote:

It would sell every fucking ticket. Many Australians travel to Germany for Wacken, and you think our own country is going to stop us? Nonsense. It takes 3 and a half hours to fly from Perth to Melbourne. Not sure how long the flight to Wacken is but it's over 10 hours i'd bet.
People from NZ, singapore, etc would also come. You funny bastard.

Look at how many people were in sydney for World youth day. Don't tell me metal-heads aren't as dedicated as 16-20 year old Christians. I mean, it'd be easier for someone in perth to travel to melbourne or sydney or something than for them to go to germany.

It would be able to make money. They'd be best to have it either Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne though.

Last edited by Oflick on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
spoonhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:12 am 

Quote:

I live in Perth and I would without a doubt make the quick trip across the country for a big 3 day metal fest, and I'm positive that so many others would do the same thing.

vondskapens_makt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:42 am 

potassium_cianide wrote:
vondskapens_makt wrote:

lol

nice excuse, eh?

i was sadly born here, but my moms from Campos and my dad hails fromm Sao Paulo. when i went to visit i went to niteroi, sao paulo, rio, campos, and i went to some great beaches (copacabana and shit). but the greatest thing i saw there .. oh man.

the Galleria de rock situated in sao paulo. i saw a whole fucking block with a crowd of 200+ metalheads. kreator, immolation, atheist, some obscure bm shirts. and 1 guy in a tupac shirt. but the mall has 50 or so stores that all sell good quality, cheap ($3 US) metal shirts and other pernafilia (pentagrams, gauntlets, etc.)

metal paradise.

The eye can outstare neither the sun, nor death... if I sought God it was in delirium and in the delight of temptation.

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:08 pm 

vondskapens_makt wrote:
potassium_cianide wrote:
vondskapens_makt wrote:

lol

nice excuse, eh?

i was sadly born here, but my moms from Campos and my dad hails fromm Sao Paulo. when i went to visit i went to niteroi, sao paulo, rio, campos, and i went to some great beaches (copacabana and shit). but the greatest thing i saw there .. oh man.

the Galleria de rock situated in sao paulo. i saw a whole fucking block with a crowd of 200+ metalheads. kreator, immolation, atheist, some obscure bm shirts. and 1 guy in a tupac shirt. but the mall has 50 or so stores that all sell good quality, cheap ($3 US) metal shirts and other pernafilia (pentagrams, gauntlets, etc.)

metal paradise.

Yeah, I know, every big show that takes place in Sao Paulo (and I manage to go, of course) I go to Galeria do Rock (please, "do", not "de") and buy some obscure cd´s hahaha...

BTW, if you want to see great beaches in the state of Rio de Janeiro, go to Angra dos Reis, southern part of the state. You´re gonna go crazy.

and I´m from Brasilia, btw.

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:45 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I would love to travel to Brazil, but the idea of getting drunk there is fucking terrifying to me. Brazilian trannies are hotter than most REAL women. You take a pleasant trip down to Brazil for some headbanging, and end up living out The Crying Game. Fuck that.
Yeah I have seen this before in TV and is the only thing that Im afraid... A friend of mine told me to put a mirror in my shoe so I can check under the skirt if theres any surprise :ugh:

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:47 am 

Sorry for the off, but.. c´mon man, one can easily distinguish a tranny (?) from a woman. Trannies are like ugly, man-like women. I mean, large shoulders, weird voice, things you can´t change with plastic surgery.

Ah, and trannies use a LOT of makeup, anytime, anywhere.

spacepig
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:22 am 

Pardon my ignorance--but is this instead of the festival in Germany or in addition to it?

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:41 am 

spacepig wrote:
Pardon my ignorance--but is this instead of the festival in Germany or in addition to it?

An addition. The German festival still goes on and on, but "Wacken" became sort of a franchise. So "Wacken Festival" will take place in other countries, starting from São Paulo, Brazil.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:37 pm 

i don't care if the next WOA outside Germany is in my backyard i will go to the real deal i don't care if it's more expensive i'm willing to become a bi-curious if it's necesary to go to europe.

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:46 pm 

potassium_cianide wrote:
Sorry for the off, but.. c´mon man, one can easily distinguish a tranny (?) from a woman. Trannies are like ugly, man-like women. I mean, large shoulders, weird voice, things you can´t change with plastic surgery.
Ah, and trannies use a LOT of makeup, anytime, anywhere.

Well thats true... but you clearly haven't seen that report...

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:20 pm 

To the brazilian resident's.... is there running any kind of new or info about the event???

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.