Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DawnOfEternity
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:35 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm 
 

So I was looking for this EP at SoulSeek and I found two versions. One version has both songs around the 6 minutes (like listed here on the archives) and the other one with both songs around the 8/9 minutes. Which is the correct one?

Top
 Profile  
Viral
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:04 am
Posts: 1919
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:28 pm 
 

Buy it and find out.

Top
 Profile  
Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:54 pm
Posts: 4003
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:30 pm 
 

two versions? isn't one played on 45 RPM and the other when played at 33 RPM

Top
 Profile  
DawnOfEternity
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:35 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:34 pm 
 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
two versions? isn't one played on 45 RPM and the other when played at 33 RPM

Yeah, but which one is correct?

And it's only released on vinyl AFAIK and I don't feel like buying a record player just for one EP.

Top
 Profile  
CircleovZaphyan
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:10 am
Posts: 301
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:51 pm 
 

I downloaded it when it came out and it was the 6min versions. Maybe its just my gut feeling, but those 9min ones are probably incorrect.

This EP isnt even worth the time to download let alone buy, imo. Pretty boring.

Top
 Profile  
MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:56 pm
Posts: 3862
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:50 pm 
 

DawnOfEternity wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
two versions? isn't one played on 45 RPM and the other when played at 33 RPM

Yeah, but which one is correct?

And it's only released on vinyl AFAIK and I don't feel like buying a record player just for one EP.


The 6:20 and 6:55 songs (their duration for the versions I ripped off my 10'') are the correct ones (45 RPM). Considering how slow the first song is even on 45 RPM, it must be quite tedious on 33 RPM. And the EP is definitely worth having, especially for the second song which is excellent (first is good too).

Top
 Profile  
DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:34 pm
Posts: 622
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:59 pm 
 

mine stops before the song is ended on each song

Top
 Profile  
MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:56 pm
Posts: 3862
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:00 pm 
 

DeathcoreDecimator wrote:
mine stops before the song is ended on each song


What the ... ? How?

Top
 Profile  
DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:34 pm
Posts: 622
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:09 pm 
 

no clue, it just will go up to maybe 4 minutes and switch songs right in the middle

Top
 Profile  
DawnOfEternity
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:35 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:32 pm 
 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
The 6:20 and 6:55 songs (their duration for the versions I ripped off my 10'') are the correct ones (45 RPM). Considering how slow the first song is even on 45 RPM, it must be quite tedious on 33 RPM. And the EP is definitely worth having, especially for the second song which is excellent (first is good too).

Ok thanks. That one sounded better too.

Top
 Profile  
MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:56 pm
Posts: 3862
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:25 pm 
 

DeathcoreDecimator wrote:
no clue, it just will go up to maybe 4 minutes and switch songs right in the middle


That's wierd. They probably made a mistake when pressing the vinyl.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Classy, Empyreal, Melas, Opus, Wilytank and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group