Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Slats
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:57 pm 

Kruel wrote:
raveneyeslikemirrors wrote:
DaBuddha wrote:
raveneyeslikemirrors wrote:
Count_Grazadh wrote:
if so, what are you favorite songs/albums???

or what are some of your favorite LLN bands?

Are they any way assocaited with extreme right-wing beliefs?

I personally am curious over some of the LLN stuff, but I'm unsure to their political stance.

Who gives a fuck what their politics are? Will that make you not listen to them? In any event, read the booklet to March to the Black Holocaust (VT split with Belketre). They clearly state that Nazism (which is what I assume you mean) should not be a part of black metal. Willy is the same way. From what I remember, his myspace page doesn't list any NS bands under his music list.

You understand that you just gave justification to all the Christian black metal fans and artists out there.

How?

Because he clearly stated, "Who gives a fuck what their politics are?" Now, you can play some stupid semantic games with politics vs. religion but I would consider it in this case a more or less umbrella term for the band members personal beliefs, in which case, he would be advocating that the band's beliefs are unimportant. (Christianity included!)

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:17 am 

I do believe I'm becoming a fan. I'm listening to Mutiilation for the first time right now, starting with Sorrow Galaxies. I already have a (burned) copy of Vampires of Black Imperial Blood prep'd to listen to on the way to work tomorrow. I'm quite interested to see how it compares to his latest release. I guess the bottom line for me is that these riffs are great.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:20 am 

Slats wrote:
Because he clearly stated, "Who gives a fuck what their politics are?" Now, you can play some stupid semantic games with politics vs. religion but I would consider it in this case a more or less umbrella term for the band members personal beliefs, in which case, he would be advocating that the band's beliefs are unimportant. (Christianity included!)

That's not stupid semantics. Politics and religion are very different things, especially in black metal which is fundmentally against Christianity. Considering it an umbrella term for band members' beliefs is a total non sequitur. And even if we consider politics exclusively, he didn't give any justifications.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2