Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Daathian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:43 pm 

Is anyone else here a fan of Mangled Torsos? If so what are your opinions on their album Godless in comparison to Drawings of The Dead? Also feel free to discuss why you like/dislike the band.

I personally love their Drawings of the Dead album. I do not know much about drumming, but I personally think they have a great drummer. I love some of the beats he plays.

Psycrypt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:00 pm 

It's about time this band becomes acknowledged by some other people!

Yes, I love this band. they are probably up there in my Top 10 of Death Metal. The title track on "Drawings of the Dead" is amazing. The little acoustic section is beautiful.
I only heard a little bit of Godless, but what I heard wasn't too good. But, I only heard about twenty seconds of it.

AstralCorpse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:11 pm 

Drawings of the Dead is excellent. Mangled Torsos seem to have taken a lot of infuence from Fleshcrawl on that one. I was, luckily, able to pick up a used copy of it a couple months back for around 5 USD.

Godless is ok too. The production values and style are more modern, but there isn't too much to complain about. The vocals kinda got weird though, and there is less Doom influence and fewer interesting melodic ideas.

Daathian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 pm 

I recently heard Godless. I did not care for it though. the vocals were just bizarre and I really missed their older style. it was a decent metal album, however I was disappointing that it was not something like their previous one.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.