Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ibex_Ichor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:20 pm 

Is there any sort of memoirs that were written about the church burnings during the early 1990's in Norway? I'm sure Lords of Chaos has a section on this, but I'm looking for more. Preferably something that was written by any individuals who were involved.

mjaeltbrand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 pm 

I don't know so much about this, but I think there were a few comments about the church burnings by BM artists in the documentary about Norwegian black metal.
I view any attempt to keep metal unpopular as false, because I view metal (not only do I view it; I know it to be) as an army looking for recruits. People trying to keep it down are weakening our military.

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:49 pm 

i thought lords of chaos documented most of what happened tbh.

i'm sure there has been a lot said in zines by people involved and in various interviews over the years on TV

is there a specific question you wanted answered, might be a bette approach?

Ibex_Ichor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:46 pm 

I'm looking for any sort of written account of the experience by any individual that partook in the events. Say, if Varg has written anything about it that would be good. I'm not looking for any sort of film... more of a memoir.

Manic616
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 pm 

Ibex_Ichor wrote:
I'm looking for any sort of written account of the experience by any individual that partook in the events. Say, if Varg has written anything about it that would be good. I'm not looking for any sort of film... more of a memoir.

Look at the articles he wrote on burzum.org, there is bound to be something there.

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:13 pm 

Manic616 wrote:
Ibex_Ichor wrote:

Look at the articles he wrote on burzum.org, there is bound to be something there.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the closest thing you'll find to what you're looking for, even if Varg is a notoriously unreliable narrator...

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:08 am 

Not written, but you may find it interesting and/or useful: satan rides the media

Count_Grazadh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:18 am 

Ibex_Ichor wrote:
Is there any sort of memoirs that were written about the church burnings during the early 1990's in Norway? I'm sure Lords of Chaos has a section on this, but I'm looking for more. Preferably something that was written by any individuals who were involved.

lords of chaos was very good, satan rides the media on the other hand was not, srtm was more of an opinion of the norwegian public, not from the views of varg, go to his website, he talks alot about it.

FOAD

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:34 pm 

i think most people only alluded to it, or they would have been giving themselves a jail sentence.

you are more likely to get info on people who did time for it. Jørn from Hades did time for church burning and Varg obviously

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:50 pm 

Count_Grazadh wrote:
Ibex_Ichor wrote:

lords of chaos was very good, satan rides the media on the other hand was not, srtm was more of an opinion of the norwegian public, not from the views of varg, go to his website, he talks alot about it.

Varg calls 'Satan Rides the Media' "spectacular". On the other hand he despises 'Lords of Chaos'.

Ibex_Ichor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:04 pm 

I just ordered a copy of Lords of Chaos, so hopefully this will give me all the insight that I need. Cheers, guys.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.