Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
blood_and_fire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:27 pm 

What are some of the best books on black metal, like it's evolution and such. Preferably not just RAWR NORWAY! Something that deals with undergroudnd stuff too. Because the only one I could find at my library was the most hilarious thing ever, it actually called Slayer the first black metal band. Half the black metal chapter was about Slayer.

Airflla
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:36 pm 

Though many will slate it's accuracy, Lords Of Chaos by Michael Moynihan is an entertaining read. It explores not only the murders and nitty~gritty details of Helvete's interior decor, but also the influence that occult, Satanic and Norse themes had on the scene's development. I'd treat it like a commercial & enjoyable 'based on true events' take on things.

Bobby_Typhoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:39 pm 

"Lords of Chaos" is a very good book, documenting the rise of BM and the subsequent tom-foolery involved in the early days. You canprobably find it at most bookstores or just order it.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:45 pm 

Lords of Chaos should be the bedside reading of most black metal fans. Including myself.

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:14 pm 

There's the ludicrously priced True Norweigian Black Metal photo book, and Tom G. and everyone that was involved in Hellhammer (Bruce Day, Steve Warrior etc.) are releasing a book soon as well.

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:21 pm 

Hircine wrote:
There's the ludicrously priced True Norweigian Black Metal photo book, and Tom G. and everyone that was involved in Hellhammer (Bruce Day, Steve Warrior etc.) are releasing a book soon as well.

Available on Amazon? I'll be getting that one. Hopefully it's not too limited edition.

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:27 pm 

Bobby_Typhoon wrote:
"Lords of Chaos" is a very good book, documenting the rise of BM and the subsequent tom-foolery involved in the early days. You canprobably find it at most bookstores or just order it.
Both editions are worth owning, because it's interesting to compare the different interviews.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.