Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PZR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:04 am 

Hi Metalheads,
Could someone tell me from which band this album is?
Thx in advance.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:08 pm 

It took of bit of deciphering, but I managed to find it.

It's a black metal band from Belarus called Вывороть (Vyvorot)

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%D ... 3540388442

and the album is Отребье (Rabble)

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/% ... %B5/744170

https://woh-g64.bandcamp.com/album/vyvorot-rabble

PZR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:09 am 

Really impressive! Thank you very much!

chxrry
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:01 pm 

Quote:
did anyone hear of Deftamenia? I have records of this really old band called Deftamenia but I can't find anything about them on the internet. Any leads?

I also looked for a while and couldn't find anything. Are you sure that is the name of the band? Maybe there is wear, or something, on the record sleeve that made it look like a different name. Could you post a picture of the record? Maybe one of us will recognize the album cover.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:26 pm 

Maybe a mod/admin could answer this, as the band I'm looking for is 100% on the blacklist.

It was named (something) d'hiver. I'm almost certain the band was from North America. They played some kind of post-black/ambient but it was blacklisted. As I recall, the guitars were very noisy and there weren't many real riffs. They were on Bandcamp and I don't think ever had physical releases. One album had black and red artwork; the other had black and blue/cyan. Both were night/space themed. The band was most active sometime around 2010-2013 and after that, just released a few experimental songs.
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Unholy Philosopher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:14 am 

I don't have much information, but I think it's death metal or goregrind song. I'm trying to find a song that has this exact part of the movie Misery as a sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2TMtlZF3E. I've tried to look at songs from Aborted, The Black Dahlia Murder, Mortician, Prostitute Disfigurement, Spawn of Possession, but I didn't find anything.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:43 am 

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
Maybe a mod/admin could answer this, as the band I'm looking for is 100% on the blacklist.

It was named (something) d'hiver. I'm almost certain the band was from North America. They played some kind of post-black/ambient but it was blacklisted. As I recall, the guitars were very noisy and there weren't many real riffs. They were on Bandcamp and I don't think ever had physical releases. One album had black and red artwork; the other had black and blue/cyan. Both were night/space themed. The band was most active sometime around 2010-2013 and after that, just released a few experimental songs.

A quick search on Bandcamp for "hiver" in the band name brings up a few possible candidates, but the most likely is Triste L'Hiver. Their 2 earliest releases are black/cyan and black/red nightscapes

https://tristelhiver.bandcamp.com/album/once-again
https://tristelhiver.bandcamp.com/album/new-illusions

Hope this is it.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:39 pm 

That's exactly it, thank you so much!
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Ptahkhnemu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:30 am 

well the details i remember i listened on 2012+,
have 2 vocalist, 1 male (no throat or gutural, *just clean*) and 1 female (*opera style*), take turns to sing.
i remember the album artwork have some unicorn or horse on purple and black colors.
and the last thing i remember they dont sing on english (maybe 2 song english only) maybe sweeden.
Could be heavy metal, symphonic.

1 song have sound of rocks falling or burning cracking
1 song only guitar and female voice with "forest" theme
And don't remember more

Thanks if any can help with this little details ;D

Centroid
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:38 pm 

Hello MA

I'm looking for this song which was taken from a DJ set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnGL_Iz2hIY Any ideas?

Here's everything that's known about it:
─KNOWN CLUES─
● Released on vinyl, LP-Album.
• Black label with a single line of text on the bottom (Most likely a copyright and reproduction warning text) and 5 rows of text on the left side (Most likely the tracklisting for one of the sides which means this could be from an album and not just an ordinary 12" with a few tracks.) There is also a small print above this text, which is most likely the turntable speed and stereo/mono label.
• Image of said label: https://imgur.com/a/7lpXlkj
● Featured on an unknown WFMU show.
• It was played in its entirety and it is 6-7 minutes long.
• It apparently was one of the first songs of the program.
• It was aired between May-August of 2005.
• It was assumed it played on a show straight after Fabio's Strength Through Failure, however, that has been confirmed it is not the case.
● It has a long vocal intro with bells. It is also very heavy and has progressive elements. Quite unique style too. It also has a crazy guitar and an orchestral feel to it
● According to the DJ himself, he has forgotten the source, but he thinks it came off some metal album from New Jersey.

The artist and song title is not known, but the song is mainly known as "Better Off Dead" or "BOD" for short (due to the lyrics heard in the song).

─HEARD INSTRUMENTS─
● Bells
● Drums
● Electric bass
● Electric guitar
● Flexatone
● Gong
● String instrument like a plucked violin?
● Vocals

NOTE!!! The thunder-sounding guitar during each gong hit, the chugging guitar during the second half (when the drums are playing) and the ending drum fill are NOT part of "BOD". They are instead mixed in with Sound Barrier - Born To Be Wild as this specific recording was taken from a DJ set!

─LYRICS─
"I sit here."
"Holding my head."
"I often wonder."
"If I'd be better off dead."

Opaopaopa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:06 pm 

Hello
Sorry for bothering you, but I’ve been trying to find and remember all day, but nothing comes of it, it’s just a fix idea (((Maybe you know the video, the band plays something like may be brutal death metal, death core, the vocalist is thin, tall, with long black hair, wearing long black a leather raincoat, in the video there seem to be airships or striped rockets, at one point he is standing high on a slab, and below there are soldiers, in the video there is only one vocalist, there are no other participants, everything is in dark colors, and at the end he is sitting at the piano and plays, I think the group is not very old. Thanks in advance, if you help me you will get +1000 to karma)

rrev0
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:59 pm 

Centroid wrote:
Hello MA

I'm looking for this song which was taken from a DJ set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnGL_Iz2hIY Any ideas?

Was looking around and saw this has been a mystery for a bit. I don't have much to contribute, other than with all the details you have, I'd be almost certain it's a doom metal band. Possibly Sabbath-like heavy, but probably doom. Would search that subgenre in the area you think it's from.

*edit* listening to it again - the instrumentals sound very seriously-done, but the vocal track is still very raw. Gives me a very 70s-80's vibe, possibly even later 80's. Would not be surprised for it to be more of a local band, maybe a good attempt at something that didn't go anywhere major. Could even venture more into the realms of prog metal with the instrumentation after the "better off dead" line, but from a doom-y perspective.

Centroid
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:37 am 

rrev0 wrote:
Centroid wrote:
Hello MA

Was looking around and saw this has been a mystery for a bit. I don't have much to contribute, other than with all the details you have, I'd be almost certain it's a doom metal band. Possibly Sabbath-like heavy, but probably doom. Would search that subgenre in the area you think it's from.

*edit* listening to it again - the instrumentals sound very seriously-done, but the vocal track is still very raw. Gives me a very 70s-80's vibe, possibly even later 80's. Would not be surprised for it to be more of a local band, maybe a good attempt at something that didn't go anywhere major. Could even venture more into the realms of prog metal with the instrumentation after the "better off dead" line, but from a doom-y perspective.

Thanks for the reply, I've been looking through all of the doom metal releases from the 80's on vinyl/album on Discogs and I did not find that track sadly. I also tried looking through gothic metal but again, nothing. It's either mislabeled, has no style label at all or it's not even on Discogs to begin with. Although I do agree it must be doom metal for sure...

Opaopaopa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:41 am 

Hello
I found a clip, but it turned out to be a post hardcore D, somehow my mind was confused and I thought that this was brutal death, don’t judge too much) I’m asking for more help) The ID of the song in the intro, which a person uses to enter a digital password. and a computer voice tells him that access denied grindcore or grind death, thanks again))
Here is the link to this clip that I was looking for before this D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMXESlny4-I

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:23 pm 

Looking to figure out what band logo this is: https://ibb.co/MPHp0TZ

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:13 pm 

herra_af_lik wrote:

Deathqueen. They're not on the Archives, but looks like they were from Indonesia.

rrev0
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:30 pm 

balbulus wrote:
herra_af_lik wrote:

Deathqueen. They're not on the Archives, but looks like they were from Indonesia.

The Deathqueen from Indonesia I found had a slightly different logo, but they could've just had a logo change. The illustrator has it on their website here confirming it says Deathqueen though.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:42 pm 

rrev0 wrote:
balbulus wrote:
herra_af_lik wrote:

The Deathqueen from Indonesia I found had a slightly different logo, but they could've just had a logo change. The illustrator has it on their website here confirming it says Deathqueen though.

Thanks. The logo I posted I believe might be an older logo.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:54 am 

I think it's an older logo, yes. I won't link to it, but if you Google "Deathqueen hoodie" you will see some merch with the same logo.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:24 am 

Top and bottom row albums?

enjoyer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:20 am 

I suddenly remembered hearing a weird edm/black metal hybrid years ago and would really like to find it again.

The things i remember about it are:

- Likely from the eastern part of the world.
- 50% confident that the album cover had a close up of a woman's mouth.
- The band had a rather difficult name to pronounce, the closest i got to the name is "Sarvglt"
- Definitely was released somewhere in between 2010 - 2015.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:09 pm 

Need help!!

There was this death metal band that had a release somewhat recently (last year or two). It was more on the brutal and proggy side I believe. The cover was very colorful, perhaps psychedelic. They were working with a pretty heavy shamanic/psychedelic/Eastern theme in terms of album art and song names. Can’t remember much more, wanted to come back to it but never bookmarked it now I can’t find them again!!

EDIT: Found them after several desperate google searches. Band is Lunar Chamber. The album is in fact, quite sick.

coupdebleus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:22 pm 

enjoyer wrote:
I suddenly remembered hearing a weird edm/black metal hybrid years ago and would really like to find it again.

The things i remember about it are:

- Likely from the eastern part of the world.
- 50% confident that the album cover had a close up of a woman's mouth.
- The band had a rather difficult name to pronounce, the closest i got to the name is "Sarvglt"
- Definitely was released somewhere in between 2010 - 2015.

Semargl? You’re not missing much tho, they’re total shite.

ArmanicSorrow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:40 pm 

Hi. Please help me to find band with budhist monk wearing gas mask on the album cover. Topics of songs were connected with apocalyps in budhist and hinduistic visions. Genre were something like war metal or very brutal (close to goregrind) blackned death metal. I will be really thankfull

ArmanicSorrow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:33 pm 

ArmanicSorrow wrote:
Hi. Please help me to find band with budhist monk wearing gas mask on the album cover. Topics of songs were connected with apocalyps in budhist and hinduistic visions. Genre were something like war metal or very brutal (close to goregrind) blackned death metal. I will be really thankfull

That was Tetragrammacide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6IU7W ... Pestilence.

Hernan96
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:34 pm 

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for this song as of 2015. It was used as the entrance music of pro wrestler Ravage at the event "Don't Eat the Black One", held by CHIKARA on March 19, 2005.

It shares similarities with "A Walk Thru the Woods" by Mortal Treason.

Best regards.

winterblaze
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:20 pm 

Hi. I'm trying to remember an album based on the cover art. It's a painting that depicts a volcano with a bunch of specks of magma, which takes up most of the cover, vaguely similar to this painting: https://www.wikiart.org/en/jacek-yerka/eruption, just without the surrealist aspect and brighter overall. The style is kinda soft and hazy iirc. I believe the album is either OSDM, death/doom, or thrash. Quite sure it's from the late 80s or early 90s. It's not Hawaii or Mental Home. Thanks in advance.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:22 pm 

anyone recognize this band? https://www.facebook.com/GreekMimidia/v ... 440097792/

edit: it's trop feross from montreal, quebec, if anyone else cares...

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Trop_Feross/6003

Spoiler: show

Purabid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:19 pm 

Searching for a sludge metal band with a female violinist. Probably debuted between 2013-2015. The album probably had 6 songs. The band could have been from United States. It could have been blackened sludge. I am not sure about anything except it was sludge with a female violinist.

winterblaze
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:43 pm 

Purabid wrote:
Searching for a sludge metal band with a female violinist. Probably debuted between 2013-2015. The album probably had 6 songs. The band could have been from United States. It could have been blackened sludge. I am not sure about anything except it was sludge with a female violinist.

I’m guessing this was SubRosa?

endofitall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:19 pm 

Hello, a friend wanted me to help him find which song this is, but I'm unable to. I had a few guesses that might be close such as older dimmu borgir, older COF, or therion. The orchestral part in the background, behind the voices. He claims that guitar would start right after this part in the song.

https://youtu.be/UcreU87fC8k?t=950 timestamped 15:50 to 16:10

Thank you.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:20 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:
Top and bottom row albums?

Bottom middle is Sinergy - To Hell and Back.

Necrodictator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:56 pm 

looking for a song, if I am not mistaking old school heavy metal, not sure if 80s or later, there was a line saying "unholy masters of the dead" (not sure if 100% this but similar-sounding) before the final line in the chorus.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:46 am 

I'm looking for an album where I basically only half-remember the cover.
It's probably thrash or speed metal.

The cover is primarily bluish gray and resembles a closeup of a robot face head-on with two big red-orange glowing eyes. I remember first I saw I thought it was like an awkward painting of a shotgun or something. Any ideas?

Pincushion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:57 am 

Zerberus wrote:

The cover is primarily bluish gray and resembles a closeup of a robot face head-on with two big red-orange glowing eyes. I remember first I saw I thought it was like an awkward painting of a shotgun or something. Any ideas?

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... zed/473133

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:02 pm 

Pincushion wrote:
Zerberus wrote:

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... zed/473133

That's the one!! THANKS a ton!

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:09 pm 

Not an easy one, but who is this band?

https://youtu.be/1RzihTxM8bE?si=q-PaBd7dLltIe0Qf

Mike_64
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:40 pm 

I’m looking for a thrash metal band’s album I used to listen to back the early 2010’s. It was (I think?) a German band with a witch on the cover and their was a song at the end of album about witches and the song ends with the vocalist shouting obscenities (ie you goddamn bitch, whore, etc.) and the very last song was about alcohol I think. I know they definitely weren’t an 80’s band and were one of the many post 2000’s thrash bands. Any help would be appreciated

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Decipherer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:10 pm 

Does anyone know this metalcore band?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7UGnsnD7bHk

goetia_unreleased
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:02 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxEp1LbqKTXYjkbyWIXBZVXutWFHr1T5oa

This song is incorrectly credited to Guardian, a band that at no point played death metal.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next