Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
keeganxvx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:07 pm 

I'm trying to remember a black metal band, I can only remember what the cover was like of a compilation release between 2008-2013. They're not a US band, I want to say German or at least their song names were in German. The cover of the release was DVD cover size, with a white background and a classical looking painting of like a man in a library or something, the painting had a gold ornate border/frame around it. The release was two CDs or tapes that was a full or partial discography (up until that time at least). I don't think the band's name was on the cover. Pretty underground band if I remember, don't know if they're broken up. They were lo-fi, pretty straight forward sounding noisy hypnotic bm, a little like Paysage d'Hiver. Lyrical content wasn't pagan or satanic to my memory, don't remember though.

Cover was similar to this horrid mspaint rendition I've made up:

Any ideas?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:11 am 

Jute Gyte comes to mind: https://jutegyte.bandcamp.com/music

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:25 pm 

^^25 full-lengths plus various bits in 13 years??? are you joking? who.is.this.guy?

keeganxvx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:59 pm 

androdion wrote:
Jute Gyte comes to mind: https://jutegyte.bandcamp.com/music

Wow, looks similar, especially the DVD cases, not the same artist though. Pretty sure the name was only one word.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 pm 

aloof wrote:
^^25 full-lengths plus various bits in 13 years??? are you joking? who.is.this.guy?

It's some really weird sounding shit, I can tell you that much! :lol:

Iron Wizard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:00 am 

I need help identifying a song. It's a black metal song, and it's on a YouTube video by Styxhexenhammer666 called "15 minute jesus challenge."

-Ronnie James Dio, Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:08 am 

keeganxvx wrote:
Any ideas?

Gratzug - Vor dem Tore/Pestabtei

Advanced search is a wonderful thing yo.

keeganxvx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:44 am 

Doomsday wrote:
keeganxvx wrote:
Any ideas?

Gratzug - Vor dem Tore/Pestabtei

Advanced search is a wonderful thing yo.

Finally! Thank you!

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:14 am 

Iron Wizard wrote:
I need help identifying a song. It's a black metal song, and it's on a YouTube video by Styxhexenhammer666 called "15 minute jesus challenge."

There's more than one song in the video and none of them sound close to black metal. The only one I recognize is towards the 15:00 mark, which is Regurgitate covering Carcass' "Genital Grinder". The other song sounds like some generic death/grind.

romeARisque
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:06 pm 

https://transcendingobscurityindia.band ... into-stone
I heard this song before purchase or other known groups have the same style of chorus...?

Extravasation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:35 pm 

I'm trying to remember a band that I came across on youtube a few months ago. I'm pretty sure they are a black metal band, not sure of the specific subgenre. All I can remember is that the name of the band is simply a series of foreign characters, such as "ъъъъъъъъъъъъъ". I can't remember what country the band was from, but I think such an odd name for a band should be enough information to recognize them.

Thanks.

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:40 pm 

^ Are you thinking of Arckanum - ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ?

Extravasation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:46 pm 

Doomsday wrote:
^ Are you thinking of Arckanum - ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ?

Haha yes, bingo! Thank you.

Lord Tempestuous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:20 pm 

Looking for a depressive-ish black metal band, I remember they had material from 2006-2009, the name probably started with a T and it was in German. Really layered stuff, had some keyboard parts. Used to see them mentioned with Sterbend in recs. I know this request is really generic sounding. Anything?

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:50 pm 

^ Just a guess, but Todeskult?

_LDB
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:22 pm 

Trying to remember the name of a slam band. Had their debut release last year and consist of an international line up of Japanese and American members. Also have lyrical content about feudal era Japan and a really Japanese name.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:55 am 

Sounds like these guys.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:15 pm 

I don't want to make a new thread for this question, so I'll put it here.

Does anyone know where the sample at the end of Destroyer 666's "Cold Steel" comes from?

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:04 am 

where is it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWpq_kF8o4w

CarmineHavoc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:01 pm 

Please, help, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKQ2jBjrhM 2:50 is a ripoff, I'm totally not insane
HELP

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:08 pm 

aloof wrote:

Apologies, I was looking at a mislabeled song list. "Witch Hunter" would be the song. "I wasn't happy. I just had a job to do. And was doing it." (31:45 from that video)

arbadacarba69
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:42 pm 

A longshot, but can anyone identify the bands in this video:

I know the first two--Ultor and Diabolikos-- but not the last three. I knew them at one time, but the comments have long been closed and the uploader hasn't been around for at least a year.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:46 pm 

Just remembered there was a song and im trying to think who it was by, i think it was a trad doom song, quite long and at the end of the song it turned into funeral doom/death and it was really out of nowhere

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:23 am 

Does anybody recognize this setlist? I was looking through my collection and... this showed up. Almost every concert I've ever been to was a metal show, but it might be a punk band as well. I have no idea who it could be and no Google searches yielded any results.

Spoiler: show

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:44 am 

KrigareTjovane wrote:
Does anybody recognize this setlist? I was looking through my collection and... this showed up. Almost every concert I've ever been to was a metal show, but it might be a punk band as well. I have no idea who it could be and no Google searches yielded any results.

http://8bux.tripod.com/Music/index.html

https://youtu.be/eiPg5x7EdOo

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:22 am 

korgull wrote:
KrigareTjovane wrote:

http://8bux.tripod.com/Music/index.html

https://youtu.be/eiPg5x7EdOo

Wow thanks so much for the quick response. I forgot I saw them.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:23 am 

t1337Dude wrote:
I don't want to make a new thread for this question, so I'll put it here.

Does anyone know where the sample at the end of Destroyer 666's "Cold Steel" comes from?

99% sure this is from a documentary about Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:55 am 

GUYS. I need your help. I've been racking my fucking brain over this for the past day, and multiple searches both on the site and Last.FM yield no results. I'm looking for a band or album by said band I used to listen to. A few of the specifics of the band genre, and album cover are below:

1. Would describe them as a cross between Type O Negative and Fear Factory in terms of general sound. Utilizing somber sounding vocal lines (with somber lyric content) with electronic / industrial elements and fast faster double-bass sections. I recall the vocalist having a deeper-voice similar to Peter Steele.

2. I want to say they may be Swedish, Norwegian or Swiss, and I want to say the album was released anywhere between 2006 and 2011. For a more general search I would recommend 2004 - 2012 as the range. Though I feel like the album was released before 2010. I know at the time, the band only had one album.

3. All members of the band are male. I know female vocalists are common in the gothic metal subgenre. This is not the case with this band.

4. The cover art to this album has an industrial feel to it, and has only two colors: black and white. There's a few mechanical looking objects on the cover, too. It's kind of a non-descript album art, honestly. There are no people or skylines on the album cover, (to help narrow down a search). I also want to say either the band name or album title was used in parentheses, like ((band name)). This isn't indicative of parenthesis being used in the band name. This was clearly a stylistic choice for the cover. Either the album or band name was also typed out vertical as well on the cover, either bleeding over off the left or right side of the cover.

5. When I started this search originally, "Pain Of Salvation" kept coming up in my head, whether in reference to the band name, a song title on the album or an album name. Pain Of Salvation is definitely a band, but this is NOT who I'm thinking of. I don't know how much help this would provide. On the flipside, I cannot think of any other album or song titles. I'm drawing a total fucking blank, but I can literally sing one of the song melodies in my head, (gah!).

I've been searching tirelessly for this tonight, and multiple search parameters on both here and last.FM (using the genre tag for albums mostly) have yielded no results. If anybody has any tips for a more targeted search on the website if you come up blank, I would appreciate that as well. I don't do a TON of searching and when I do it's usually for single-object searches like band names or genres.

Any information would be helpful and I want to issue a pre-emptive THANK YOU.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:49 pm 

could you give a little context, like where you heard/found this band from? it might be useful... did you see them live? watch a video? were they featured in a mag?

Worthless_Dream
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:50 am 

Worthless_Dream wrote:
There was this Mexican or US one man black metal band that had 3 full-length albums out, pretty recent as in post-2000. Someone was comparing them to Mütiilation as they had a similar "creepy atmosphere". The band's name was one word that I think also started with an M, all his albums had color in the artwork, I specifically remember a lot of red.

Found it: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ari ... 3540292138

turtleguy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:01 am 

there was this song that used to be on youtube, apparently it was an unreleased metallica song, but someone said it was actually from a racing game called somewhere along the lines of "destruction derby"

anyone know what this could be?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:17 pm 

Trying to find out what band these songs belong to:

https://theblackmetalmystery.bandcamp.c ... stery-demo

I think it's a 90's cali bm demo, but no certainty.

Anyone recognize?

KingSpook
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:52 pm 

There was this band, not very well known. One of the members had this female friend who he really wanted to be in a relationship with but she wouldn`t take him. Eventually, he killed her and took pictures with her naked corpse. What band was this?

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 am 

KingSpook wrote:
There was this band, not very well known. One of the members had this female friend who he really wanted to be in a relationship with but she wouldn`t take him. Eventually, he killed her and took pictures with her naked corpse. What band was this?

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Karathorn/176868

KingSpook
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:01 pm 

Drowned wrote:
KingSpook wrote:

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Karathorn/176868

My man, thank you! That's been on my mind for several weeks now. I don't know how that story isn't more well known.

arbadacarba69
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:29 pm 

KingSpook wrote:
My man, thank you! That's been on my mind for several weeks now. I don't know how that story isn't more well known.

Hey KingSpook, do you happen to be the same KingSpook that does creepypastas on youtube?

DenisAd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:55 am 

Help to identify group!!Thanking you in advance!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcercL9JcpE

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:15 pm 

DenisAd wrote:
Help to identify group!!Thanking you in advance!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcercL9JcpE

Where did this come from? Any hints on context, era, or anything?

Sounds similar to some of the late 80s Vinnie Vincent demos, which could mean just about anything...

DenisAd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:46 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
DenisAd wrote:

Where did this come from? Any hints on context, era, or anything?

Sounds similar to some of the late 80s Vinnie Vincent demos, which could mean just about anything...

From social. network Vkontakte

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:01 pm 

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=117066

The melody around the 1:00 minute mark is very similar to a sung melody I heard in another doom band, but for the life of me I cannot find it. I thought it was Katatonia, but I think I listened to their entire discography today. Then I thought maybe October Tide, but I don't hear any song of theirs with a lot of clean singing. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next