* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
emperorjvl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:00 pm 

emperorjvl wrote:
Warning: NSFW-ish!

Ignore the visuals or you can laugh as I did...but can someone tell me what band plays the track??

Please... someone... help...

Topolas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:20 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edT8LYxssPA

0:09 - 0:38 song name? please help

Caine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:16 pm 

crap, i have those not in cases and i dunno which tapes those are (demos they must be), anyone identify those?
it's always the first song starting:

unknown2
https://copy.com/XPqllqnUKi0NLkza

unknown6
https://copy.com/3igPSE6r7WOPsnXj

unknown7
https://copy.com/9SkHUPnq7wnpMH2n

unknown8
https://copy.com/jBPoRBbVz7QREJrh

unknown10
https://copy.com/ikjWgtWilSi0rRGi

PerversionOfIdolatry
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:03 pm 

I have this tape where the b-side is a completely unrelated death metal and i have no idea who they are. The tape itself is from 1999 so it's either from that year or before. Here's the only audible lyric: "in darkness my soul will wander free". Any help would be great!

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:51 am 

Maybe this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp62qPYhXns ?

Bulldoze
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:47 am 

I need help identifying a late 90's Pantera sound-alike metal band. Here is a quick video I made of the song being played off a near broken cassette tape I recorded off the radio when I was like 11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaVWIxiuYa0

I'm pretty sure the release year was 1998 judging by what else is on the tape. Any help is appreciated!

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:44 am 

Thats Exhorder, not familiar with what exact song this is but it shouldn't be hard for you to find out what its off. :)

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:25 pm 

Need help remembering the name of a band. I believe they play power metal, are from the U.S., and their name is similar to Symphorce.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:16 pm 

davenion wrote:
Need help remembering the name of a band. I believe they play power metal, are from the U.S., and their name is similar to Symphorce.

Never mind, figured it out: Symphony X

Themis235
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:48 am 

Hello guys!

Well, I have recently listened to a great metal song on the radio. Unfortunately, I don't know the artist and neither shazam nor soundhound could identify it. So, I only have some lyrics written down and a few-second recorded sample and I've spent a few hours in the search section but I couldn't find it. Any help would be useful!!

This is the sample:
https://soundcloud.com/user110790485/voice-001dfvsdfgsd-1

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:00 pm 

Two songs that I heard on the radio lately and I really want to know what they were. I think they were relatively new songs.

Song 1 sounded very similar to Demolition Hammer, with more death metal vocals and had a blast beat at the end, but I know it's not Condition Critical. The entire song was fast, violent thrash though.

Song 2 sounds like a doomy or midpaced melodic death metal song, very midpaced and the chorus has cleans. I've tried twice with Shazam and it can't figure out what it is at all. Barren Earth reminds me of it, but it's faster than that. Sounds like Insomnium kind of.

88cmKwK
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:00 pm 

Repost in the right place: (sorry)

Hi folks!

I'm trying to remember a band and album name from way back. The only thing I remember is that the album must have come out around 1990 (plus minus some years), the band might have been German, it was early death metal if I'm not mistaken. The most noticeable thing about the album was that the intro was a Russian Army choir singing for maybe 20 seconds, then the song started.

Does that ring a bell with anybody?

Thanks!

----
Update:
Found it more than a year later:
Massacra - Final Holocaust (Full Album) 1990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUmQZzAR7vk

Last edited by 88cmKwK on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Velmu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:43 pm 

88cmKwK wrote:
Repost in the right place: (sorry)

Hi folks!

I'm trying to remember a band and album name from way back. The only thing I remember is that the album must have come out around 1990 (plus minus some years), the band might have been German, it was early death metal if I'm not mistaken. The most noticeable thing about the album was that the intro was a Russian Army choir singing for maybe 20 seconds, then the song started.

Does that ring a bell with anybody?

Thanks!

Ok, this might be REALLY long shot here, but would that band be Skyforger? This song came to my mind immediately:

Thing is, theyre from Latvia and sing in Latvian language (you dont mention if rest of song is sung in english or something else), album came in 2000 (Latviešu strēlnieki / Latvian Riflemen) and isnt exactly death metal, more like folk/black metal. Intro is definitely longer than 20 seconds and Latvian language sounds little bit like a Russian language (im neither Latvian or Russian so forgive me if im mistaken).

Might not be it though...

Korpgud
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:04 pm 

Fake St Anger.

So this is probably a long shot, but back when Metallica released St Anger, a friend downloaded it for me. It turned out to be a completely different set of songs by different bands. For instance, Frantic was Gods of Rapture by Meshuggah. I thought it was real, and I was confused as hell the first time I heard the real songs!

It just so happens another friend also tried downloading St Anger, and ended up with the same songs as I. I'm thinking we can't have been the only ones.

Now, I no longer have the CD, and I'm afraid I can't really recall any lyrics, but it all sounded more or less like thrash metal. Some of the vocalists sounded a bit like Hetfield. That's about as detailed a description as I can give.

Would anyone here happen to know of this fake St Anger?

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:04 am 

Velmu wrote:
Skyforger - Latviešu strēlnieki

I immediately thought of the same song.

88cmKwK
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:30 pm 

No sorry, not Skyforger. As I said, it's early death and it's a proper military march, sung in Russian.

Bulldoze
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:24 am 

Korpgud wrote:
Fake St Anger.

So this is probably a long shot, but back when Metallica released St Anger, a friend downloaded it for me. It turned out to be a completely different set of songs by different bands. For instance, Frantic was Gods of Rapture by Meshuggah. I thought it was real, and I was confused as hell the first time I heard the real songs!

It just so happens another friend also tried downloading St Anger, and ended up with the same songs as I. I'm thinking we can't have been the only ones.

Now, I no longer have the CD, and I'm afraid I can't really recall any lyrics, but it all sounded more or less like thrash metal. Some of the vocalists sounded a bit like Hetfield. That's about as detailed a description as I can give.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvO9bKGx85g

Band was Eternal Decision. I still need help identifying the band I shared in my last post if anyone can help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaVWIxiuYa0
Somebody actually figured out who it was once on another board, I believe they have "crane" at the end of their name.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:32 am 

Korpgud wrote:

Haha, I remember that! I downloaded the same songs. I always wondered why I recalled "Invisible Kid" as being half decent, because every time I tried to revisit that song it didn't sound anything like I remembered.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:40 am 

Trying to remember a death metal album I remember being mentioned on this forum a long time ago. It's fairly oldschoolish, definitely in the 90s if not mid/early 90s. It was described as Egyptian themed death metal; basically my impression was someone would bring up Nile and then another guy would be like "pshhh Nile blows if you want REAL egyptian death metal then listen to [this obscure band no one knows about]".

I can't remember if the band had Egyptian themes in their music, or in the lyrics, or if they were actually from Egypt (most likely some podunk town in the Midwest tho lol). It may or may not have had a dark bluish/blackish cover, along the lines of Necrolord or the Left Hand Path art.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:14 pm 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
Trying to remember a death metal album I remember being mentioned on this forum a long time ago. It's fairly oldschoolish, definitely in the 90s if not mid/early 90s. It was described as Egyptian themed death metal; basically my impression was someone would bring up Nile and then another guy would be like "pshhh Nile blows if you want REAL egyptian death metal then listen to [this obscure band no one knows about]".

I can't remember if the band had Egyptian themes in their music, or in the lyrics, or if they were actually from Egypt (most likely some podunk town in the Midwest tho lol). It may or may not have had a dark bluish/blackish cover, along the lines of Necrolord or the Left Hand Path art.

Was it this one perhaps?!

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Co ... rlife/3656

Can't remember any Nile references to 90s bands...

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:35 am 

androdion wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:

Was it this one perhaps?!

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Co ... rlife/3656

Can't remember any Nile references to 90s bands...

Yeah, Coffin Texts or maybe this Canadian one:?

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ne ... _Gods/4476

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:37 pm 

Definitely not Coffin Texts. Like I said, this album is more of the traditional/oldschool variety of death metal, not brutal death metal/riff salad stuff like Nile.

Don't think it's Necronomicon either. I would remember if it had the same cover art as that album by the Chasm.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:33 pm 

Was it Apophis? More specifically this album?!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:27 pm 

... Lykathea Aflame?

techdeathwilder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:29 pm 

there is a brutal death song i guess or slamming i just know the intro and need to know what the song name is , if anybody could help me please replay thank you !!

the intro says :" Do you think you're a psychopath ? F*ck no"

Korpgud
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:35 pm 

Bulldoze wrote:
Korpgud wrote:
Fake St Anger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvO9bKGx85g

Band was Eternal Decision. I still need help identifying the band I shared in my last post if anyone can help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaVWIxiuYa0
Somebody actually figured out who it was once on another board, I believe they have "crane" at the end of their name.

Hahaha, oh God they're bad... Thanks!

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:10 pm 

halfformedfetus wrote:
Thats Exhorder, not familiar with what exact song this is but it shouldn't be hard for you to find out what its off. :)

Sorry, that's not Exhorder 100%, although it is very similar to it. They have only two albums and I know them well, they didn't have this song. By researching the lyrics, I also didn't find what the band it is. There were many Pantera clones in the 90's with such lyrics (WHAT THE FUCK... I AM...)...

techdeathwilder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:10 pm 

Could anybody just help me please ??

the intro says :" Do you think you're a psychopath ? F*ck no"

Bulldoze
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm 

aeternus1990 wrote:
halfformedfetus wrote:

Sorry, that's not Exhorder 100%, although it is very similar to it. They have only two albums and I know them well, they didn't have this song. By researching the lyrics, I also didn't find what the band it is. There were many Pantera clones in the 90's with such lyrics (WHAT THE FUCK... I AM...)...

I wasn't sure if they were responding to me or not, but yeah definitely not Exhorder. Sometime in 2004 I uploaded the same file and some guy knew who it was right away, he was like that's Whitecrane or Wreckingcrane or something.. I can't remember it now or find it anywhere. I was interested in hearing the other material they had, it sounds pretty damn heavy on the actual tape I'm playing it off on the video.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:31 pm 

^^^^ Korpgud - http://nnm.me/blogs/splatty/fake_st_anger/ There are a few different versions.

Also, I'm trying to think of a song myself.

- It's by a Christian deathcore band.
- I'm almost certain the band is from Costa Rica.
- There are growls in the song, but the chorus is (almost?) entirely clean male vocals.
- The only lyrics I can remember are from the chorus: "in her eyes" "She was lying to me / I forgive her for every word / I forgive her for every word"

I can visualize the lyric video for this thing so vividly - a blue/teal room with rain coming in and the lyrics (white text) appearing in the air. But I just can't think of the band name or song title. (Edit: Seeing that there are already a bunch of new posts, I'd prefer if you could PM or email (imperialkodnarok[[at]]gmail[[dot]]com) if you figure it out. I don't check the boards often.)
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Last edited by Of_This_Night36 on Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Runko
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:03 am 

Found this mp3 on a harddrive and although it sounds so familiar I cannot for the life of me place who it's by and it's annoying me like hell. The name of the file is "Beauty", so I can only assume that's the name of the song. But I honestly have no idea.

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/o0mUZJtj/file.html

Fifeldor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:54 am 

Hey guys

Looking for a demo or EP of a band from Canada or the US (if I remember correctly). It must have been released at around 2007-2008-2009, as it was the time a friend had found it online and given it to me in mp3, even though I remember the scanned artwork was in tape format. The cover (and every page) was in completely red, with black font. The cover was a dragon sketch, I think. In terms of music, the genre was (epic) black metal and the demo consisted of a single long song (more than 30 minutes long, maybe longer than 50 minutes even), very nice composition.

I've been looking for the band's name for a while, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:28 pm 

Runko wrote:
Found this mp3 on a harddrive and although it sounds so familiar I cannot for the life of me place who it's by and it's annoying me like hell. The name of the file is "Beauty", so I can only assume that's the name of the song. But I honestly have no idea.

Hellshock - Beauty

Fifeldor wrote:
Hey guys

Looking for a demo or EP of a band from Canada or the US (if I remember correctly). It must have been released at around 2007-2008-2009, as it was the time a friend had found it online and given it to me in mp3, even though I remember the scanned artwork was in tape format. The cover (and every page) was in completely red, with black font. The cover was a dragon sketch, I think. In terms of music, the genre was (epic) black metal and the demo consisted of a single long song (more than 30 minutes long, maybe longer than 50 minutes even), very nice composition.

I've been looking for the band's name for a while, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Nidfjoll? http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ni ... ate/156568

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:34 pm 

There's this one band whose name escapes me. They were some minimalist black metal/drone doom thing I think. The only thing I remember is that they may have been from Austria or Switzerland or somewhere around that area and one of their albums had Gustave Dore's Grim Reaper sitting on the moon picture as album art.

Spoiler: show

Runko
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:49 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Runko wrote:

Hellshock - Beauty

Fifeldor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:09 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:

Yes, thank you so much, seems like it was them.

Got the country correct, but everything else was mostly wrong.

Thankfully the music is still available online, but they simply disappeared and those lyrics, if they are real, are pretty weird.

Anyway, thanks again Zodijackyl. :-)

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:37 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
There's this one band whose name escapes me. They were some minimalist black metal/drone doom thing I think. The only thing I remember is that they may have been from Austria or Switzerland or somewhere around that area and one of their albums had Gustave Dore's Grim Reaper sitting on the moon picture as album art.

Is it any of THESE? I've had a quick look but can't see any that tick the boxes.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:01 pm 

balbulus wrote:
Wilytank wrote:

Is it any of THESE? I've had a quick look but can't see any that tick the boxes.

Probably Nychts.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:14 pm 

Hey guys,

Trying to remember this highly acclaimed black metal album around 2010-2012 (I think); a pretty melodic brand of black metal whose riffs were very "medieval"-y. I believe the album cover was a stained glass mural that reflected its medieval influence. I BELIEVE it had fairly reverby production, could be wrong though.

Thanks!

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:22 pm 

VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:
Hey guys,

Trying to remember this highly acclaimed black metal album around 2010-2012 (I think); a pretty melodic brand of black metal whose riffs were very "medieval"-y. I believe the album cover was a stained glass mural that reflected its medieval influence. I BELIEVE it had fairly reverby production, could be wrong though.

Thanks!

Obsequiae springs to mind. Ticks most of the boxes, though the cover isn't stained glass, it's a medieval tapestry.

https://bindrunerecordings.bandcamp.com ... ume-of-eos

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 48  Next