Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:02 pm 

So I know this is vague, and apologise on beforehand: my friend asked me about a song he heard on YouTube ages ago, and he doesn't remember a lot of details: he recalls a generic band name, the word Maniac or some variation thereof was involved, and he's "got an inkling they're from Belgium." What he does remember is the album cover (makes sense, this having been YouTube) - it was drawn/painted, as opposed to CG/photographed, and had "a guy in leather jacket, tearing off his skin to reveal a Terminator beneath." Knowing him, it was probably not extreme metal.

Sorry again that I can't be more specific, but if anyone could guide us along and in particular recognises the cover, we'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:15 pm 

FraktalZero wrote:
Hey Guys,
I'm still crazily looking for the name of this song and band-album. It was recorded on a tape from a radio show around 1994-1995.

I've trying doing searches on discog.com website based on year but nada so far. Hope anyone can help me. Would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Could it be the band Dissolving of Prodigy?
Sounds East- or southern European to me, or maybe even South-american.

FraktalZero
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:11 pm 

Thanks Helvede for replying. Sadly is not Dissolving of Prodigy. I took the time to listen the albums that they released around those years. I agree, it kinda reminds me some european bands. Maybe swedish?
I've been though and big list in discog.com website searching for it but with no luck.

DonnTD1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:35 am 

I'm looking for an Asian black metal band, maybe Japanese; the only thing I remember about them is their face paint. Instead of regular corpse paint, they use streaks of black only, I think representative of kanji letters or maybe animals/spirits.

Thanks for any help.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:35 pm 

I'm trying to remember the name of an album I've heard a few months back, and just about the only thing I remember from it what that it had a cover that was some kind of photo of lava solidifying, in tones of black and red, and it was described in a review (I think) as "the heaviest album ever". It was some kind of drone/industrial/experimental/doom/whatever that sounded loud abrasive and harsh. Yeah, doesn't really help I know, and I've tried the advance search for over half an hour with enough word filters to bust my brain... For what is worth I'm pretty sure the album is from recent years.

Any clues?! It's driving my absolutely crazy! :crash:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:39 pm 

Here ya go, baby.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/P. ... nics/71435

Edit: happy I helped someone for my 9000th post. Thanks to my whole family and my cat, etc...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:41 pm 

By Jove, that's the one! :beer:

Soldier of Satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:45 pm 

Thornium2002 wrote:
Soldier of Satan wrote:
Hi bros!
I would be really thankful if anybody can help me to find the name of these three songs(Black Metal) and bands that have performed them:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4icbaraze5iwtqf/Songs.rar

I didn't know how to put them here other than uploading them on sharing site, I hope it don't break the rules!

Every information would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you!

Track 2 ist Evol
http://youtu.be/LNzMu8P37H4?t=3m36s

I can't help with the other 2 though.

Thank you bro for your help and attention!

Thornium2002
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:37 am 

Quote:
Thank you bro for your help and attention!

NP. Let me know if you find out about the other 2. They sound damn familiar to me :D

kidtofuu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:38 am 

can anyone help me out?
i am trying to find out the name of the band that did these two songs i remember
the intro has a movie sample from the movie "se7en" beginning with "when a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane..."

another has a movie sample from anchorman beginning with "did you throw a trident, yeah there were horses and a man on fire and i killed a guy with a trident"

its a death metal/grindcore band. please help out. its bugging me because i cant remember that name of the band.

thanks

StealthX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:47 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
So I know this is vague, and apologise on beforehand: my friend asked me about a song he heard on YouTube ages ago, and he doesn't remember a lot of details: he recalls a generic band name, the word Maniac or some variation thereof was involved, and he's "got an inkling they're from Belgium." What he does remember is the album cover (makes sense, this having been YouTube) - it was drawn/painted, as opposed to CG/photographed, and had "a guy in leather jacket, tearing off his skin to reveal a Terminator beneath." Knowing him, it was probably not extreme metal.

Sorry again that I can't be more specific, but if anyone could guide us along and in particular recognises the cover, we'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Is it this?

Image They are from Belgium.

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:11 pm 

This is one that's been plaguing me for a while: I remember reading a list of 2012's best metal albums and on it was an archival release. It was a 70's heavy/doom metal band that had only female members. The album was a collection of demos recorded before they broke up. The cover was what appeared to be a Renaissance painting of boy and his mother, both nude. One was holding bladed weapon, a scythe I think, and another was holding a severed head. Or maybe one was holding both. I'm not sure. If it helps, the list I read had Testament's Dark Roots of Earth on it.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:39 pm 

A rather strange request... this album, Erections at an Animal Autopsy, is a play on words that refers to some relatively famous metal song/album title (death metal, I believe). I found it at one point, but lost it again. Can somebody help me out?

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:59 pm 

NoKnownName wrote:
This is one that's been plaguing me for a while: I remember reading a list of 2012's best metal albums and on it was an archival release. It was a 70's heavy/doom metal band that had only female members. The album was a collection of demos recorded before they broke up. The cover was what appeared to be a Renaissance painting of boy and his mother, both nude. One was holding bladed weapon, a scythe I think, and another was holding a severed head. Or maybe one was holding both. I'm not sure. If it helps, the list I read had Testament's Dark Roots of Earth on it.

The Wicked Lady ‎– The Axeman Cometh

Spoiler: show

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:45 pm 

NoKnownName wrote:
only female members

lmao

Soldier of Satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:18 am 

Thornium2002 wrote:

NP. Let me know if you find out about the other 2. They sound damn familiar to me :D

No.03 is "Unbridled at Dusk" by "Cradle of Filth" which really surprised me!

Idolsofchagrin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:10 pm 

I don't think that Wicked Lady has only female members.

I have both of their albums and their vocalist sounds like a man.

Also, does anyone know if they were a real band from the 70s and not just some band that Kissing Spell created and pretended was an old band.

I have heard that they've done that before and I'm pretty sure that's what they did with the band Supernaut because I have that album and I see no way that it could have come out in 1974 like it's claimed.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:50 pm 

I heard a doom metal song at the 28 minute mark of the CSI: Crime Scene Investigators episode "Merchants of Menace" that aired on Sunday night. It is bugging me what song it was, because I recognize it but cannot remember the name of the song or band. If anyone recognizes it and identifies it my sanity might be restored until then I might go nuts. :p

It's when Nick Stokes enters the underground club of the "Blood market" (for illegal contraband relating to serial killers). That riff, I know I heard that riff before.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:54 pm 

@Doomsday

Thank you! I got some details wrong because it's been so long since I saw the list.

Thornium2002
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:07 am 

Soldier of Satan wrote:
Thornium2002 wrote:

No.03 is "Unbridled at Dusk" by "Cradle of Filth" which really surprised me!

Ah thank you. I 'm not that familiar with their demos...

Soldier of Satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:27 pm 

I put song on Youtube. any information will be appreciated!

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:05 pm 

Soldier of Satan wrote:

That's the end of the title track from Amorphis' Tuonela.

I recognized it but couldn't place it; fortunately Cortana, which is the Windows version of Siri, ID'd it for me, ha.

Soldier of Satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:29 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Soldier of Satan wrote:

That's the end of the title track from Amorphis' Tuonela.

I recognized it but couldn't place it; fortunately Cortana, which is the Windows version of Siri, ID'd it for me, ha.

Thank you very much bro, I really appreciate your attention.
I am Black Metal fan and I am not familiar with heavy metal music, great song!
Thanks again!

Thornium2002 wrote:
Let me know if you find out about the other 2. They sound damn familiar to me :D

No.01 is "Tuonela" by "Amorphis"!

Thornium2002
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:06 am 

Soldier of Satan wrote:

No.01 is "Tuonela" by "Amorphis"!

Thank you. Case closed :D

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 pm 

I answered my own question - the song played on CSI on Sunday night was Khali Mist by Ramesses.

I never heard of this band, the only way I could have heard the song is if it played over the speakers at a show. I wouldn't doubt it, I know one of the promoters at Reverb is a huge doom metal fan.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Therizinosaur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:56 pm 

Someone please help me remember the name of this band from Ukraine. All I can remember is that it's a death/industrial band or a death/groove/industrial band that has/had members from the Ukrainian black metal scene. I'm not even fully sure if the band was Ukrainian or Russian. Please help.

Edit: after a bit of snooping around the site, I found the band, Thunderkraft. I don't need any help now, thank you.

mrdeadhead91
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:28 am 

hey guys! some time ago (a lot of time ago, actually) I came across a russian band that played some kind of viking influenced black metal, and if I remember correctly, they had a pretty short name, with a drakkar ship in their logo (not sure about this last detail though). Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:34 am 

mrdeadhead91 wrote:
hey guys! some time ago (a lot of time ago, actually) I came across a russian band that played some kind of viking influenced black metal, and if I remember correctly, they had a pretty short name, with a drakkar ship in their logo (not sure about this last detail though). Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

A shot in the dark but it is Врата Тьмы?

mrdeadhead91
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:46 am 

Doomsday wrote:
mrdeadhead91 wrote:

A shot in the dark but it is Врата Тьмы?

nope, that's not the one but thanks for the help, I appreciate it. It just popped in my mind, however, that I might be mistaken about their genre: I definitely remember the viking themes, but genre might have been pending more towards doom than black metal. Another detail that popped into my mind, I'm pretty sure that their logo was in cyrillic.

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:15 am 

mrdeadhead91 wrote:
nope, that's not the one but thanks for the help, I appreciate it. It just popped in my mind, however, that I might be mistaken about their genre: I definitely remember the viking themes, but genre might have been pending more towards doom than black metal. Another detail that popped into my mind, I'm pretty sure that their logo was in cyrillic.

Scald?

alessandro120679
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:42 pm 

Hi,
I'm looking for this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4Lacv253M

It should be an Italian thrash metal band, I don't know which one.
Thanks.

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:39 pm 

Need help remembering a band I saw on the archives ages ago. It was a brutal death metal band that eventually thinned out to one member, and the later albums were some sort of death metal/post-rock mix. The dude had loads of other projects too.

Edit: found it, it was Semen Across Lips

Urix Zephora
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:52 pm 

Please someone help me to find the name of this band. THANKS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6nkGJE ... 5LNLAYRoSg

mrdeadhead91
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:44 am 

Doomsday wrote:
mrdeadhead91 wrote:

Scald?

YES! thank you so much.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:28 pm 

Urix Zephora wrote:
Please someone help me to find the name of this band. THANKS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6nkGJE ... 5LNLAYRoSg

"Terminus Est" by Corvus Corax.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Co ... Triad/9031

http://youtu.be/kOjj8PPz1pM

Didn't know it offhand but searched for some of the lyrics and voila.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:05 am 

This is kind of an off-topic question, for this comes (most likely) from a game; it plays in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyaF_gC ... be&t=2m25s

Thanks in advance

Toberium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:55 am 

There's this band I've been trying to find for the past few days, but their name escapes me. They played power metal with very bassy guitars and vocals. I mostly remember them by the album cover, it had this Anglo Saxon warrior slitting a monk's throat, with another monk hanging from a tree in the background. Both monks had the stereotypical robes and tonsures.

Does it ring a bell?

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:04 pm 

Toberium wrote:
There's this band I've been trying to find for the past few days, but their name escapes me. They played power metal with very bassy guitars and vocals. I mostly remember them by the album cover, it had this Anglo Saxon warrior slitting a monk's throat, with another monk hanging from a tree in the background. Both monks had the stereotypical robes and tonsures.

Does it ring a bell?

Isen Torr.

SeaCrow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:22 am 

Hi guys, I got one Mother ! of a kickass song right here, and I wish to explore the rest of this powerfull russian metal, but truly having difficulty finding the band name to put to this Mighty Metal song. Please have a listen, if anyone could help it would be so much appreciated. I have searched my heads off to find it, no results. Here we go & enjoy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQYptNp-pIo

There are two songs here, both of them are such good songs, but the second one I would class as priority, this song can make you slap your head through a brick wall and then roll a car on its side :)

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:05 pm 

StealthX wrote:
TheNiceNightmare wrote:

Is it this?

Image They are from Belgium.

nope, it's this...

Battalion... Only they're thrash metal from Switzerland,

but there's also a death metal band from Belgium with that name... That might be the 'link'

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 48  Next