Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mark777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:34 pm 

Hey I'm just wondering is there anyone who has a translation of their lyrics? I don't really worry about them but I'm curious. I try searching the interweb but I can only find one song... an ENGLISH song.

Grynfisher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:22 pm 

My Folkstorm booklet is in English.

firescarredmartyr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:05 pm 

My folkstorm booklet is also in English as is my Sorcery... booklet. Both English songs on Horizons have English lyrics in the booklet as well.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:21 pm 

I listen to alot of music that is sung in foreign language such as Negura Bunget. I'm tempted myself to look into the translation but I find it much more intriguing and mysterious by not doing so but eventually my curiosity might get the best if me. Just the sound whatever diction from certain languages is very cool to me. I find this different from looking at the lyric sheet of alot of death metal in English which just seems like an afterthought because the vocals in that genre are to give a sense of brutality. This is just one reason why I like bm better than dm.

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:18 am 

Not all versions of Temnozor CD's have English translations, though. I have the Stellar Winter versions of "Sorcery" and "Horizons" and "Sorcery" has English translations of the lyrics while "Horizons" has no printed lyrics at all (Russian or English). Meanwhile I have the CD-Maximum version of "Folkstorm" which only has the lyrics in the language in which they were sung.

Mark777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:06 pm 

Well I'm not really able to get the CDs so could someone direct me to a place where I can see the translations online? Or better yet, if you have the ability, modify the lyrics on here for the translations?

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:30 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
I listen to alot of music that is sung in foreign language such as Negura Bunget. I'm tempted myself to look into the translation but I find it much more intriguing and mysterious by not doing so but eventually my curiosity might get the best if me. Just the sound whatever diction from certain languages is very cool to me. I find this different from looking at the lyric sheet of alot of death metal in English which just seems like an afterthought because the vocals in that genre are to give a sense of brutality. This is just one reason why I like bm better than dm.

Yeah lyrics, especially folk/pagan/black metal lyrics in languages other than English tend to enhance the overall feel of the album, they make it more authentic when sung in the native language of the band. Negura Bunget's lyrics I can understand, obviously, (and they're quite obscure, hard to understand Romanian at that) but Russian black metal sung in Russian is awesome (I don't speak Russian yet).

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.