Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:23 pm 

Now, Mirrorthrone and Weeping Birth both blew me away with their new releases, but I think that Vlad's new album for his Unholy Matrimony project is the black metal record of his that I've been looking for.

Quoted from his website:

Quote:
...A few years passed without sign of life. The recording of the third full length album "Croire, Décroître" took place during Summer 2008. The latter presents a radical evolution: losing the melodic aspect, this release sinks into a blackness and a coldness yet unexplored by the band, which go hand in hand with a general tempo slowdown and an increase of atmospheres heaviness. "Croire, Décroître" will be released by the American label Deepsend Records end 2008 / early 2009.

The new samples are truly stunning. Take the malevolent atmosphere of AIOTI fourfold, with some of his best vocals and pair it with a crushing atmosphere via guitar. And, the drums don't seem as obnoxious as his other records.

http://unholymatrimony.com/?page=3

Click on the little yellow speaker icons to download the latest samples.

What do you guys think?

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 pm 

And for those who have no idea who Vladimir Cochet is, he is an extreme metal musician who works on multiple one-man projects. His projects include Mirrorthrone, an symphonic extreme metal band, Weeping Birth, a Black/Death Metal band, and Unholy Matrimony, his purely black metal band. He tends to work on one project at a time, and I'd say that he's improved greatly with his works from the time he has started, "Croire, Decroitre" being his latest.

Quote:
Unholy Matrimony is a Swiss musical entity created in 200 by Vladimir, in parallel with his other projects – Mirrorthrone and Weeping Birth. The genre performed evolves in a radical Black Metal without concession. The project being lead by one man only, it essentially focuses on the elaboration of studio works. Therefore, no public appearances are planed.

Primemattimus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:05 pm 

VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:
Now, Mirrorthrone and Weeping Birth both blew me away with their new releases, but I think that Vlad's new album for his Unholy Matrimony project is the black metal record of his that I've been looking for.

Quoted from his website:

Quote:
...A few years passed without sign of life. The recording of the third full length album "Croire, Décroître" took place during Summer 2008. The latter presents a radical evolution: losing the melodic aspect, this release sinks into a blackness and a coldness yet unexplored by the band, which go hand in hand with a general tempo slowdown and an increase of atmospheres heaviness. "Croire, Décroître" will be released by the American label Deepsend Records end 2008 / early 2009.

The new samples are truly stunning. Take the malevolent atmosphere of AIOTI fourfold, with some of his best vocals and pair it with a crushing atmosphere via guitar. And, the drums don't seem as obnoxious as his other records.

http://unholymatrimony.com/?page=3

Click on the little yellow speaker icons to download the latest samples.

What do you guys think?

Goddamn it. i wrote a mock death metal song in high school (1994) called "Unholy Matrimony". I guess that its not such an unoriginal idea after all, lol

WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:42 am 

I wasn't a big fan of Love and Death and I lost interest in Gangrene quickly. As for the new album, I'm not sure, as with all albums, I download first and if I like it I buy it. It seems like it will be a solid album though.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:55 am 

I could say the same. Unholy matrimony was really meh, and both of its albums were ones where I couldn't keep my attention span long enough to listen the whole way through. I definitely agree that Carriers of Dust has more "staying power" than Gangrene.

And the vocals didn't really do anything for me in Gangrene, (the arrangements, however, are what really made the album for me) but Vlad's voice feels alot more powerful this time around, along with a better-sounding drum machine which fits the chilling atmosphere he's trying to convey.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.