Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TruthlessHero
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 am 

I attempted to search for what I am looking for, but the search function is down ( for me ).

I realize that recommendation threads are somewhat frowned upon here, and I apologize for needing to ask. I hope this fits the description of an 'acceptable' request thread.

I am attempting to make the soundtrack for a video of a hobby of mine. The whole video will be about three plus hours of footage of modifying a Nerf gun ( yeah, foam darts ) in fast-forward. My original intent was to do this with [a] fast, heavy, instrumental song(s), simply because I would prefer not to have any vocals. Unfortunately I don't know any faster instrumental songs than Agalloch and some doom bands: Lento, Pelican ( Australasia ). Agalloch doesn't fit the bill on speed or heaviness, and although Lento and Pelican are certainly heavy enough, I'd just like something faster. I know it's probably not going to happen just because of the nature of doom, but I'd prefer it to be in the doom area. If not, something atmospheric would definitely be optimal. Other than these stipulations I really don't have any preference ( I apologize if this makes it harder to make recommendations. ) on how the song sounds, really, so long as it's not any kind of solo... I'd like a full-fledged song.

I realize that this pretty irregular since doom/atmospheric don't really go with speed, so I'd be more than willing to entertain suggestions outside of these two areas if necessary.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.