Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:02 am 

Any of you metalheads out there who are fans of Death's "Symbolic" era, definately need to check out Carcariass, a brilliant tech death band from France and the closest band I have herd yet to sound like Chuck and Death. I have been listening to the bands "Killing Process" album and can not believe how similar it sounds to Death, the album would fit perfectly between Individual Thought Patterns and Symbolic, you can download the bands 3 albums free from their web site, so if like me you are a big fan of Death, check them out, you wont be dissapointed. Anyone else listened to them?

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:51 am 

Links please.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:01 am 

Link added to download section, enjoy.

Rhizome
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:02 am 

Very true. I have listened to their album 'Sideral Torment' and i pretty much like it..the riffs , the solos..in fact everything..
Have to check out 'Killing Process'
soon will..

cymruambythwxm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:56 am 

Just downloaded it now, sounds promising.

screamingstatue
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:00 am 

STORMM wrote:
Any of you metalheads out there who are fans of Death's "Symbolic" era, definitely need to check out Carcariass, a brilliant tech death band from France and the closest band I have herd yet to sound like Chuck and Death. I have been listening to the bands "Killing Process" album and can not believe how similar it sounds to Death, the album would fit perfectly between Individual Thought Patterns and Symbolic, you can download the bands 3 albums free from their web site, so if like me you are a big fan of Death, check them out, you wont be dissapointed. Anyone else listened to them?

Are we talking a Death rip-off here or a genuinely talented band who just draw inspiration from them?

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 am 

I don't think he's going to say it's a Death rip-off, it sounds like he loves the band. So that was a rather pointless question.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:09 am 

No not a rip off, these guys are talented muscians, they are obviously heavily influenced by latter day Death, but it is a welcome discovery for me being starved off new material by Death after the sad loss of Chuck, when I listen to their album I am constantly reminded of "Symbolic" era, riffs, melodies, tones, bass lines even the vocals, so they get the "thumbs up" for the similar song writing. Ps love DEATH!
I just create threads like these from time to time when I discover a similar sounding band to some of my favourite bands eg Death, Bathory etc I thinks it a great way of discovering and making other people aware of bands that you would not come across everyday, so hope I did not sound as I was licking these bands holes or promoting them, just recommending talent when I hear it.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:17 am 

I actually heard about Carcariass before Death... my metal development was a bit warped. :P

Certainly inspired by Death, but I would not call them a ripoff by any means. I've only ever heard the first two albums, but they seem to have ideas of their own on those. Definitely worth checking out, if memory serves truthfully and not just kindly.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:20 am 

Are Carcariass less boring than Death?

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:32 am 

Personally I did not find them drawn out or boring.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:36 am 

I haven't listened to Death's post-Human stuff. Human bored me to death, I prefer Spiritual Healing and Lepropsy.

I'll still check out this band. I'm always ready to listen to new stuff.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:48 am 

Well, after listening to their myspace stuff I don't think I'll go to the trouble of downloading all their tracks individually. It just didn't seem 'meaty' enough to me.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

screamingstatue
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:28 pm 

STORMM wrote:
No not a rip off, these guys are talented muscians, they are obviously heavily influenced by latter day Death, but it is a welcome discovery for me being starved off new material by Death after the sad loss of Chuck, when I listen to their album I am constantly reminded of "Symbolic" era, riffs, melodies, tones, bass lines even the vocals, so they get the "thumbs up" for the similar song writing. Ps love DEATH!
I just create threads like these from time to time when I discover a similar sounding band to some of my favourite bands eg Death, Bathory etc I thinks it a great way of discovering and making other people aware of bands that you would not come across everyday, so hope I did not sound as I was licking these bands holes or promoting them, just recommending talent when I hear it.

Ah, okay, I know what you mean. Will definitely check em out. :)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.