* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:00 pm 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lamb-o ... streaming/

Quote:
Grammy-nominated, chart-topping Richmond, Virginia-based metallers LAMB OF GOD will release their highly anticipated seventh full-length album, "VII: Sturm Und Drang", this July via Nuclear Blast Entertainment, with whom the band signed a record deal for all territories outside of North America. The CD was once again produced and mixed by Josh Wilbur with engineering by Wilbur, Nick Rowe and Kyle McAulay, and was recorded at NRG Recording Studios in North Hollywood, California and Suburban Soul Studios in Torrance, California.

Today, after weeks of hinting at fans about the imminent release, the band is unleashing a brand new track, "Still Echoes", via LambOfGodVII.com.

"Still Echoes" will be available via all digital retailers and streaming services beginning Monday, May 18.

LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe states: "The time has come to give the fans their first taste of the new LAMB OF GOD album.

"This is a very, very dark, yet sonically highly varied, record.

"As it's always good to come out of the gate hard with a fast and aggressive one, we chose this track, 'Still Echoes', to kick it off. Enjoy/destroy."

And the new song is in this link:

http://www.lambofgodvii.com/

It's basically every Lamb of God song you've ever heard, and I'm fine with that.
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

MorbidBlood
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:38 pm 

Mallcore turns Viking Metal

Last edited by Diamhea on Sat May 16, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
user was warned for this post

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:50 am 

MorbidBlood wrote:
Mallcore turns Viking Metal

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... -und-Drang

:scratch: Where are the vikings in this?

JDM839
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:58 am 

I'm not usually a fan of LoG but I quite liked this song. The only complaint I have is with the drum sound.

volutetheswarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:35 am 

JDM839 wrote:
I'm not usually a fan of LoG but I quite liked this song. The only complaint I have is with the drum sound.

The drums are a touch too loud but I can ignore 'em. I haven't heard Lamb of God (I refuse to name them 'Log') in a few years but the chorus on this sounds better than most, something about the technicality of the verses and then the simplified riffs in the chorus works well here.

BastardHead
Magic Mike

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:15 pm 

Basically this will change nobody's opinion of the band. If you like them, you'll like this song. If you don't, you won't. Kind of a bummer since I thought the last album was the first time they were ever truly on autopilot and this doesn't sound much different, but hey, I'll probably end up thinking it's just mediocre at worst.

putrenista
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:41 am 

So, Lamb of God. Here's my thoughts. Wrath is pretty underrated. Resolution is probably their most consistent. I couldn't really get into Sacrament, save for maybe "Redneck." I feel the same about Ashes of the Wake too, except for "Laid to Rest," which is perhaps their best song. As the Palaces Burn and New American Gospel are classics though. Haven't heard the Burn the Priest material yet. The new song is alright, but I was kinda hoping they would branch out and try something a little different this time around. It is just one song though, so we'll see. Also, I was going to ask what the German album title meant, but Wilytank's got me covered.

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:31 am 

Love LoG on a sound and style level, and Chris Adler's drum work is consistently fantastic, but their track record as far as great songs/albums I find rather spotty. AtPB is top 20 all time metal for me and AotW is top echelon NWOAHM as well, but the other ones... cool, but problematic for various reasons. Except for Resolution, agree 100% with BH on that one really. This new track... I need more time with it, but it seems to have more things going on and I feel more effort went into it than I've heard from them in a while. Not much seems to have changed about their sound despite all the storm und drang surrounding the band lately, though.

LakeErieWatershed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:11 pm 

I really couldn't get into anything past Wrath. I enjoy everything from the Burn the Priest stuff up through Sacrament ( which I still think is kind of an underrated album).
I guess I'm anticipating this one a little bit more than the last few, but in all honesty that's more because it's the first post-trial record and I want to see how that influences the writing.

BastardHead
Magic Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:44 am 

The more I think about this, the less excited I am. If you've been paying attention to the band at all for the last fifteen years, you'll know they're a hit single type band. All their best songs are the ones they always play live, have music videos, you've heard a million times, etc. Laid to Rest, Ruin, Vigil, Black Label, Desolation, Redneck, Walk with Me in Hell, Hourglass, Contractor, it's all these. I can name all the secret good ones on one hand. Confessional, Beating On Death's Door, Purified, and if you stretch I guess Ashes of the Wake. If this is the best on the album, bleh.

Wrldeatr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:32 pm 

Never quite understood what the big deal is with these guys, except for a couple of songs. The new song sounds alright. But yes, the drums sound like shit. Is it an Andy Sneap production or someone trying to out-Sneap Sneap?

Deviante
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:49 pm 

Wrldeatr wrote:
Is it an Andy Sneap production or someone trying to out-Sneap Sneap?

:lol:

Checked out the song.. Well, LoG didn't impress me in the mid-00s when I was still an easy-to-impress metal fan - and they are not impressing me now.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:02 pm 

there's some cool groove going on after that horrid intro, and the chorus is a good change of pace/well-used, but man... this guy's voice... ew

Rainbow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:47 am 

Sounds awesome, I really enjoyed their last album. "Cheated" was such a badass tune.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:51 pm 

I'm really psyched for this! Resolution was pretty damn solid and Wrath was great! I hope there will be a lot of fast and groovy songs like "Redneck" and "Contractor".

Neuthrone
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:51 am 

It sounds exactly the same as every other album on their discography, that just shows me how untrained they are at playing. Animals as Leaders (Although they are more jam jazz metal) has a guitarist that keeps changing how each album sounds every time, that shows how Tosin Abasi has more musical thoughts and implications than the guitarist of Lamb of God, what the heck, even Trey Azagthoth sounds better than him. I'm sorry this makes people angry, but it's fact, Lamb of God is not that good at music, it's just simplistic and repetitious, which annoys me after twelve minutes of buying their album Resolution!!!! I'm glad for the people have been waiting for this, but I would rather see the bands on this year's Summer Slaughter Tour, which are giving away a free Legator guitar when you buy a VIP package this year, is Lamb of God doing that for their VIP package friends?

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:45 pm 

I like it. Closer to their older stuff and a good bit of technicality and still heavy. This will crush live. Though I've moved on to heavier forms of music in the last decade, I still enjoy this band.

putrenista
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:18 am 

Neuthrone wrote:
It sounds exactly the same as every other album on their discography, that just shows me how untrained they are at playing. Animals as Leaders (Although they are more jam jazz metal) has a guitarist that keeps changing how each album sounds every time, that shows how Tosin Abasi has more musical thoughts and implications than the guitarist of Lamb of God, what the heck, even Trey Azagthoth sounds better than him. I'm sorry this makes people angry, but it's fact, Lamb of God is not that good at music, it's just simplistic and repetitious, which annoys me after twelve minutes of buying their album Resolution!!!! I'm glad for the people have been waiting for this, but I would rather see the bands on this year's Summer Slaughter Tour, which are giving away a free Legator guitar when you buy a VIP package this year, is Lamb of God doing that for their VIP package friends?

They're not exactly giving away a guitar with the tickets. VIP package #4 adds like 400 dollars on top of the regular ticket price. You're still paying for a guitar.

Lamb of God did this a little while back...

http://www.myplaydirect.com/lamb-of-god ... ls/5491538

Do you feel that way about all bands that sort of keep to one style? That they're terrible musicians or something because they don't play "progressive" music? I'm not even that much of a Lamb of God fan, but you sound kinda ridiculous.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:11 am 

Wrldeatr wrote:
Is it an Andy Sneap production or someone trying to out-Sneap Sneap?

Couldn't agree more. Sounds weak as shit.

I've always wanted to like this band because tonally I think they're cool and they deliver a lot of energy, but they're always missing something crucial that keeps them from sounding authentic, and I don't know what it is.

Couple other comments: Comparing anyone to Tosin Abasi is stupid as hell, the guy's a virtuoso guitarist. 99% of bands sound the same album to album, but plenty of them write good music.

Also, iirc, Mark Morton's signature Jacksons's are fucking sweet, and well crafted. The guitars have hollow chambers in the design between the body piece and the wood used as the top, and the electronics and pickups are top notch. If I was a fan I would pay the extra cash for the axe.

Reply to topic