Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kadaverousau
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:20 am 

I see some people have mentioned My Dying Bride's 34...% Complete and Light at the End of the World. Here's another for you... "A Line of Deathless Kings" is my favourite MDB album and one of my favourite albums of all time. It's evidently divisive based on reviews here on MA and elsewhere on the internet, but I would consider it peak MDB. For me, nothing they've released since has come close to this... forlorn experience. Just typing this out has made me put the album on for another spin.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:27 am 

necropsyalpha wrote:
For me its nile - in their darkened shrines

thats like the stand out from the band - i really find all their oother albums boring

Is this not one of the most popular Nile albums?

ColdJustice
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 am 

Domination by Morbid Angel. I think it's a pretty good album but the public opinions are very mixed. The wrestler voice fits I'd argue.

Chaosphere_1998
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am 

Chaosphere by Meshuggah. Their best and most overlooked work.

Anthony Pwl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:40 am 

Clearly Dehumanizer by Sabbath.
Heaviest heavy metal ever, god-tier vocalist, inspired melodies. I choose this one over all 70s Sabbath albums combined, despite their historical importance.

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:51 am 

Dr_Funf wrote:
LycanthropeMoon wrote:
I just really like "Imaginaerum" by Nightwish. I'm sorry, folks. The one part of the album I can't stand is the *7 minutes* of shitty spoken word poetry near the end... but other than that, I love it in all its over-the-top Disney rock glory. It doesn't beat "Oceanborn" for me but whatever.

I agree with this, although I'm not sure it's an overly divisive album among Nightwish's fanbase (I tend to take MA review scores with a significant pinch of salt and then some) despite it deservedly losing a few people for that godawful spoken word crap in 'Song of Myself'. Most Nightwish fans I've met, myself included, consider Imaginaerum to be their best post-Tarja work.

Huh. Well, in that case... I agree with most Nightwish fans then, lol. It's the best post-Tarja album.

Unless we're talking about live albums because I love "Showtime, Storytime" (and it has a version of "Song of Myself" without that horrible spoken word bit - the first half of SoM is quite awesome... it just gets bad when it turns into that for the last half).

ColdJustice wrote:
Domination by Morbid Angel. I think it's a pretty good album but the public opinions are very mixed. The wrestler voice fits I'd argue.

I completely agree. It isn't going to beat classics like "Altars of Madness" and "Covenant" (which might be my two favorite oldschool DM albums ever), but it's a hell of a good time at least.

Spediji
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:42 pm 

Gonna be killed for this one but i fucking love "The Unspoken King" by cryptopsy. I listen to contemplate regicide constantly. None so vile is def still my favorite mainly cuz of phobophile but The Unspoken King is what got me into them in the first place

I also like insineratehymn by deicide wayyyy more than any of their first albums. The lyrics are still pretty dumb but i think they are well written and get stuck in my head constantly. I fucking love the lyrics to The Gift That Keeps on Giving its definitely my favorite deicide song.
It's what you always wanted
This life is not worth living
The gift that keeps on giving
A fist of adulation
I accept the word of Satan

darthlazy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:23 pm 

Mountain wrote:
ChoujuX wrote:
Turbo is probably my favorite Priest album. Definitely not their best.

Sorry but I laughed out loud at that line. If it's your favorite, wouldn't you consider it their best??

Nope, I understand what he is saying.
My favorite Maiden album will always be No Prayer for the Dying, but everybody in the world, including myself knows it is definitely not their best album. I love that album for many reasons dear to myself, and that's why its my favorite.
Everybody knows Turbo isn't Priest's best record, but I can respect and relate when someone specifically worded that it's their favorite while acknowledging that it isn't the band's best album.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:44 pm 

Spediji wrote:
Gonna be killed for this one but i fucking love "The Unspoken King" by cryptopsy. I listen to contemplate regicide constantly. None so vile is def still my favorite mainly cuz of phobophile but The Unspoken King is what got me into them in the first place

The Unspoken King is not a good album however I still maintain that the first 3 tracks are worth your time before it descends into mediocrity. But hey, you do you. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4