* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Forever Underground
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:29 pm 

Link to the article:

https://metalinjection.net/news/neseblo ... -destroyed

Awful news, like it or not that place is such and emblematic cultural reference for metalheads all around the globe, it was also a point of reference for the underground nowergian scene. The only positive thing is that no one was hurt.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:35 pm 

That sucks to hear. There is a GoFundMe to help pay for the damages.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/neseblod-records-fire-fund

Raven_Augustus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:44 pm 

They also had a huge flood in their basement a few years back. Tons of old items and merch damaged forever. They got really bad luck it seems.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:38 am 

Bummer. A friend and I visited when it was a bakery back in 2008 and they let us check out the basement and take photos.

Ivan Drago
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:37 pm 

Hopefully the damage isn't too bad, definitely a bit ironic though

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:55 am 

is sad... very sad

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:01 pm 

I visited the shop last Tuesday! From what I can read, the fire was only in the basement. As far as I know, the selection in the basement was not the metal vinyls/tapes/cds. They are kept on first floor. Basement is for non-metal stuff like rock, punk etc.
Still a huge loss for the owners I guess, but might not be a huge loss of rare metal items if that makes sense.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:28 am 

Helvede wrote:
I visited the shop last Tuesday! From what I can read, the fire was only in the basement. As far as I know, the selection in the basement was not the metal vinyls/tapes/cds. They are kept on first floor. Basement is for non-metal stuff like rock, punk etc.
Still a huge loss for the owners I guess, but might not be a huge loss of rare metal items if that makes sense.

What's the damage like to the basement itself though? Is the famous Black Metal writing all smoked up? I think that's more of the histroy that's being referred to rather than metal records themselves.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:31 pm 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Helvede wrote:

What's the damage like to the basement itself though? Is the famous Black Metal writing all smoked up? I think that's more of the histroy that's being referred to rather than metal records themselves.

Don't know, but that wall is just a wall. Should be easy enough to clear the smoke tracks, I assume. Doesn't sound like the fire was on long enough to have caused heat damage to the wall.

Reply to topic