Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mirons
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:22 am 

The Monolith Deathcult reported on September 1st that the drum recordings for the upcoming album are done. Nothing else about how the recording is going since then though.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:21 am 

cultofkraken wrote:
lordcatfish wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Maybe a new My Dying Bride I hope…. I’m craving English Death/Doom.

They've already recorded it, so I'd be surprised if we don't see it next year.

That’s fantastic! Consider me excited.

Here's hoping they change things up a bit. The latest album seems ok, but a bit dull compared to Feel the Misery.

I'd advise you to hold off on what is likely to be a negative review and give this album the perspective it deserves.

Hardworlder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:54 pm 

New Mega Colossus confirmed for January.
New Moonsorrow rumors...
I'd like a new Slough Feg album.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:32 pm 

I was in Philadelphia checking out the last day of Krieg's mini tour, and I was able to talk with Alex Poole (who doesn't play live with the band or really has any desire to play live music at all anymore). He was actually pretty open toward me asking about the progress of some of his other projects like Skaphe, Chaos Moon etc. What I got is that he's got a bunch of material written, but the Blackburn brothers that he collaborates with on these projects haven't written theirs due to writer's block or just lack of motivation. He also mentioned more Guðveiki material's going to be put on hold until H.V. puts the finishing touches on the second Wormlust album.

But from all that, I did get that we will be getting a second Wormlust album sooner rather than later!

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:45 pm 

nightbreaker33 wrote:
New Scanner album "The Cosmic Race" Out in 2024 and new single in a few weeks I think.

This did get a positive review from The Forgotten Scroll. https://www.forgotten-scroll.net/metal- ... smic-race/

I have been checking Apple and Youtube for a single every time I remember to. I have high hopes here.

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:55 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
I was in Philadelphia checking out the last day of Krieg's mini tour, and I was able to talk with Alex Poole (who doesn't play live with the band or really has any desire to play live music at all anymore). He was actually pretty open toward me asking about the progress of some of his other projects like Skaphe, Chaos Moon etc. What I got is that he's got a bunch of material written, but the Blackburn brothers that he collaborates with on these projects haven't written theirs due to writer's block or just lack of motivation. He also mentioned more Guðveiki material's going to be put on hold until H.V. puts the finishing touches on the second Wormlust album.

But from all that, I did get that we will be getting a second Wormlust album sooner rather than later!

That's very cool and exciting. More Skaphe is always welcome

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:22 pm 

I'd love to see another Gardsghastr as well.

Lord Rodak
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:42 am 

Oranssi Pazuzu posted some in-the-studio pics somewhere...
& as listed above, Mgla is due. Both have tall orders, surprising the fans.
Inquisition?
Dodsengel has been hinting at a reissue of Arkaik for years. Add the 2 tracks from the old comps
and you have a winner.

PS and Sear Bliss! Recording and/or recorded, too.

Evil Entity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:02 am 

Grave Digger have a new single arriving on January 12th called "The Grave Is Yours" so I'm sure a full album with the new lineup is also on its way.

Bangyourhead420
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:21 pm 

I would hope a New Down Album.

reimdaase
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:32 pm 

New Saxon song out tomorrow, likely new album next year.

Really liked their last album

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:08 pm 

Shouldn't we just rename this topic to "Most anticipated albums of 2024" at some point?

magate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:08 pm 

Mgla is due, but they do not announce. Could come out still in 2023, or 2024, or 2025, but I reckon 2024 is the most likely. This will either be the release of the year, or the disappointment of the year - I can't imagine what they can do after Age of Excuse.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:34 pm 

reimdaase wrote:

Same here.

I never bothered with them before. "Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)" is an awesome song.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:46 pm 

Bronze Age wrote:
nightbreaker33 wrote:
New Scanner album "The Cosmic Race" Out in 2024 and new single in a few weeks I think.

This did get a positive review from The Forgotten Scroll. https://www.forgotten-scroll.net/metal- ... smic-race/

I have been checking Apple and Youtube for a single every time I remember to. I have high hopes here.

Good source! FS is a very good webzine and also has a greek forum similar to Encyclopedia Metallum. I checked Scanner's post about the album on Facebook and they said the single will be released in the 28th of November. I expect something similar to Judgement which was of course a return to form. The single will probably be uploaded through Scanner's current label Rock of Angels records.

brightfield
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:22 pm 

Pestilence has a single out called Unrelenting Darkness. Very different sound for them. Reminds me of old Godflesh or Fear Factory. Do they have an album coming out in 2024? Is this their new style?

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:15 pm 

nightbreaker33 wrote:
Bronze Age wrote:
nightbreaker33 wrote:

Good source! FS is a very good webzine and also has a greek forum similar to Encyclopedia Metallum. I checked Scanner's post about the album on Facebook and they said the single will be released in the 28th of November. I expect something similar to Judgement which was of course a return to form. The single will probably be uploaded through Scanner's current label Rock of Angels records.

Nice, I figured there would be a signal soon, it is nice to have the date. About The Judgment, I like it better than Scantropolis but it still did not click for me like their old stuff.

mirons
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:24 am 

brightfield wrote:
Pestilence has a single out called Unrelenting Darkness. Very different sound for them. Reminds me of old Godflesh or Fear Factory. Do they have an album coming out in 2024? Is this their new style?

I'm pretty sure this is not that Pestilence, or for that matter any other Pestilence that's here on the archives. While I wouldn't be surprised if Mameli decided to change their sound again, this doesn't have any metal whatsoever in it, it's almost as far removed also from Godflesh or fear Factory as it is from Pestilence. Pure electronic music, I won't try to guess the specific subgenre(s). Besides, the auto-generated youtube track mentions some Dodge Sucharda as the composer.

MoonlitKnight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:47 am 

Alcest started recording their new album in June, so it's very likely coming out next year.

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:41 am 

New Bolzer, Inquisition and Car Bomb are assured to come out in 2024 as I understand it

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:05 pm 

LilTito wrote:
Car Bomb

Yes please.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:40 pm 

reimdaase wrote:

New album just announced now - "Hell, Fire and Damnation" for January 19th. Brian Tatler plays on the album in place of Paul Quinn apparently, which surprises me because I thought he was just stepping away from touring.

reimdaase
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:01 pm 

King_of_Arnor wrote:
reimdaase wrote:

New album just announced now - "Hell, Fire and Damnation" for January 19th. Brian Tatler plays on the album in place of Paul Quinn apparently, which surprises me because I thought he was just stepping away from touring.

Interesting, I also thought that Paul Quinn would play on the albums.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:19 pm 

The Rods - Rattle the Cage

Ruthless - Betrayal

Both on January 12th.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:42 pm 

King_of_Arnor wrote:
reimdaase wrote:

New song...sounds like Tatler make have contributed to the writing.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:47 am 

Hoping for a new Wormed album

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:53 am 

I'm sure it's wishful thinking, but I'd love to be surprised by a new Maiden release.

Shortly after 'Senjutsu' was released, Bruce claimed in an interview that they'd either already written, or had started recording, its follow-up. 'Senjustu' was recorded in 2019 so this stretch of time isn't unreasonable for a new Maiden release.

With Bruce's solo album and the continuation of the Maiden world tour in '24, new Maiden is probably unlikely. But who saw 'Senjutsu' coming when it was announced?!?!

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:10 am 

New Drowned album Procul His out Jan 26th.

HighwayCorsair
Knows a guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:08 pm 

All confirmed: Savage Oath, Eternal Champion / Doomsword (assuming since it didn't come out this year!), Pagan Altar, Drowned, Unaussprechlichen Kulten, Skeletal Remains, Aduanten, Ruin, Obscene, Cauldron Born, Acerus, Ironsword. Looking like it'll be a great year!
Owner Nameless Grave Records.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:50 pm 

There should be a new Black Curse record out next year, Burning in Celestial Poison. They put out a demo tape during their European run this year with two new tracks, presumably from the new album.

reimdaase
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:43 am 

Fenriz has said the next Darkthrone album is finished and will release next year

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:07 am 

There's a new record from Sovereign (Norwegian death/thrash with members of Dødskvad, Den Saakaldte and Execration among others) coming out in January through Dark Descent:

Evil Entity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:20 am 

I watched an interview with Stu Folsom on the Garza podcast saying this 3rd installment of his Spiritworld 'trilogy' should arrive by next summer.

Rolf also posted a studio picture on social media, new Running Wild in 2024.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:49 am 

Necrophobic just announced they'll have a new album out on March 15 titled In The Twilight Grey. The first single will be out next Friday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0Rkx3DNz5W/

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:51 am 

Riot will have a new album called 'Mean Streets' early next year, per Facebook.

firelord_
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:56 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
There's a new record from Sovereign (Norwegian death/thrash with members of Dødskvad, Den Saakaldte and Execration among others) coming out in January through Dark Descent:

Really enjoyed this single, thanks for posting! Will be checking the LP out for sure.

StarshipTrooper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:30 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Riot will have a new album called 'Mean Streets' early next year, per Facebook.

Finally!

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:18 pm 

HighwayCorsair wrote:
All confirmed: Savage Oath, Eternal Champion / Doomsword (assuming since it didn't come out this year!), Pagan Altar, Drowned, Unaussprechlichen Kulten, Skeletal Remains, Aduanten, Ruin, Obscene, Cauldron Born, Acerus, Ironsword. Looking like it'll be a great year!

I was just about to bitch about Ravening Iron still needing to be added to Spotify, but I just looked and it's been added!
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:05 pm 

Necrophobic is dropping a new single on Dec 8th with the new album dropping March 15th 2024 called “In the Twilight Grey”.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:29 am 

Got an email through bandcamp that White Crone is working on their second album. Can't wait, the 2020 debut was great.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next