Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GodOfMalice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:00 am 

The Kovenant seem to finally be back in gear and are hinting at hitting the stage and studio soon. However, it looks like they're more interested in their 'Covenant', melodic black metal material than their latter day, electronic/industrial material. I hope they pull from both equally at the very least. When '...and Oceans' came back I was disappointed in the direction they went in, forgoing the early 2000s style.

CreepingDeath16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:29 am 

GodOfMalice wrote:
The Kovenant seem to finally be back in gear and are hinting at hitting the stage and studio soon. However, it looks like they're more interested in their 'Covenant', melodic black metal material than their latter day, electronic/industrial material. I hope they pull from both equally at the very least. When '...and Oceans' came back I was disappointed in the direction they went in, forgoing the early 2000s style.

I hope they do exactly what And Oceans did with their return, and with similar quality. Fuck that cybergoth shit.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:25 pm 

CreepingDeath16 wrote:
GodOfMalice wrote:

I hope they do exactly what And Oceans did with their return, and with similar quality. Fuck that cybergoth shit.

Exactly. This is awesome news.

alteredstate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:38 pm 

Mitochondrion has been teasing studio footage for damn near half a decade now, I wonder if this year we’ll finally see a new one.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm 

LilTito wrote:
HeavenDuff wrote:
Ken Sorceron just announced today, on his Facebook page, that his two bands Abigail Williams and Vale of Pnath will be releasing material in 2024. I'm unfamiliar with the second band, but I've been following Abigail Williams since the band's debut, and have enjoyed everything in it's discography to a certain extent, some less and some more, so I'm interested to see where Sorceron took his band with this new release.

Do check out Vale of Pnath releases, it's kinda like a blackened tech death

I definitely will! I'm not as into tech death as I used to be, but I will give it a spin, out of curiosity, and I could be pleasently surprised, who knows :)

Edit: I just started listening to their album II, and it's not bad, but most likely not something I'm gonna want to revisit all that often. A little too much on the tech side of death metal, and a bit too much deathcore elements in there for me to really get into it. Again, it's not bad music, but I like my death metal to have a strong rhythm section, and that's just not really the case with that kind of tech death. There's a whole lot of noodling, lots of flashy tech stuff that's quite impressive for sure, but it's just not really my jam anymore.

Still, I got some Gorod and Beneath the Massacre vibes from the first few songs, and I used to listen to these two bands quite a bit when I was younger, so it's still nice to hear other stuff in that sort of vibe.

I'll also most likely listen to their new album when it drops, just to see how their sound has evolved.

mirons
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:28 am 

The Monolith Deathcult have released a new track and video, and I'm loving it! Classic TMDC, bombastic, groovy industrial death metal with the usual tongue-in-cheek parody shtick. Much better than "The Matador" which wasn't too spectacular imo.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:53 pm 

Misotheist new album entitled ‘Vessels by which the Devil is made Flesh’ will be released on the 1st of March.
Nidrosean scene is really buzzing.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:43 pm 

Winery Dogs might have a live album come out this year.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:02 am 

The new Vitriol album is perfection. Weird not seeing anyone talk about it.

Last.fm

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:10 am 

Kerry King song just dropped. Sounds exactly like you'd expect.

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:00 pm 

DRAGONLAND is in the studio, great news! Olof Mörck has mainly focussed on Amaranthe the previous decade but Dragonland is far superior. I liked The Power of the Nightstar (2022) even if it wasn’t as good as their older records. Give me more!

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/JPx26G ... tid=WC7FNe

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:04 pm 

Lord_Lexy wrote:
DRAGONLAND is in the studio, great news! Olof Mörck has mainly focussed on Amaranthe the previous decade but Dragonland is far superior. I liked The Power of the Nightstar (2022) even if it wasn’t as good as their older records. Give me more!

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/JPx26G ... tid=WC7FNe

I hope they do more of a song-focused album this time; the last one felt like a lot of it blended together because of the conceptual narrative.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:17 pm 

hallowed78 wrote:
For the power/prog audience, new band by Derek Sherinian Whom Gods Destroy. He's joined by Bumblefoot on guitars, Dino Jelusic on vocals, bassist Yas Nomura and drummer Bruno Valverde.

Album Insanium comes out in March on InsideOut.

First single is out.

Spoiler: show

Another single. I like Dino Jelusick quite a bit but I am not sure how I feel about this yet.

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:20 pm 

New Warlord song from their upcoming album Free Spirit Soar, their first with original material in 11 years. Bill Tsamis will be missed, but the new lineup does a pretty good job nonetheless.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:55 pm 

King_of_Arnor wrote:
New Warlord song from their upcoming album Free Spirit Soar, their first with original material in 11 years. Bill Tsamis will be missed, but the new lineup does a pretty good job nonetheless.

It's worth noting that all the guitar parts were either complete compositions by Bill, or stitched together from bits and pieces he wrote before he died.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:34 pm 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
King_of_Arnor wrote:

It's worth noting that all the guitar parts were either complete compositions by Bill, or stitched together from bits and pieces he wrote before he died.

Awesome news! This one is thread worthy.

Reid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:04 am 

Excited for the upcoming debut album from Nuclear Tomb, great progressive death/thrash from Maryland:

If you like Voivod, Coroner, and the Dissimulator debut from this year then you'll definitely dig this. Comes out on 4/19.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:59 pm 

I am hoping Forbidden releases an album this year.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:56 pm 

In Aphelion just signed a new deal with Century Media and will release a new album titled Reaperdawn sometime in late summer/early fall. So for anyone who was a fan of their debut (like me) you have that to look forward to.

Also, for anyone into dark death metal a la Dead Congregation, Turkish death metallers Engulfed just announced a new album, Unearthly Litanies of Despair.

https://mesacounojo.bandcamp.com/album/unearthly-litanies-of-despair

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:08 pm 

Bronze Age wrote:

Next year per the band.

Bronze Age
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:10 pm 

Frank Booth wrote:
Bronze Age wrote:

Next year per the band.

Good to know. Thanks.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:51 am 

US doom/death metal band Refugium will release an EP later this month. Based on the preview track, I'm getting an early Katatonia-meets-Peacevile vibe and that's just great.

https://refugiumdeath.bandcamp.com/albu ... egradation

I'd advise you to hold off on what is likely to be a negative review and give this album the perspective it deserves.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:54 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
In Aphelion just signed a new deal with Century Media and will release a new album titled Reaperdawn sometime in late summer/early fall. So for anyone who was a fan of their debut (like me) you have that to look forward to.

Also, for anyone into dark death metal a la Dead Congregation, Turkish death metallers Engulfed just announced a new album, Unearthly Litanies of Despair.

https://mesacounojo.bandcamp.com/album/unearthly-litanies-of-despair

Excellent news; big fan of both In Aphelion (what a killer debut that was, fuck me rigid!) and Engulfed are excellent at the sort of death metal they practice.

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:31 pm 

Greece's Kvadrat will be releasing their (or his, it's one guy doing all) debut on April 4th named The Horrible Dissonance of Oblivion. Really enjoyed the EP released in 2021, so this is a welcome news.

First song is available on Bandcamp.

https://kvdrt.bandcamp.com/album/the-ho ... f-oblivion

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:19 am 

Sacrificial Vein - Black Terror Genesis (March 15th)

Interesting black metal coming out in a week. From the lone single released, seems like a mix between out-and-out brutality and some dissonance. I'll keep an eye out for this.

https://sacrificialvein.bandcamp.com/al ... or-genesis

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Last edited by MikeyC on Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
alktrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:11 am 

40 euro for Kerry King and almost sold out months before release, thank you King

for vinyl now in France that is the rule, having bought 3 records for now, months before knowing what's inside, I've got Lord Dying which is very surprising because I never know they got that sound direction, still ok but not the same band, then Sovereign, better before ordering but still ok, remind me a bit of Desecrator, and third is Suicidal Angels, a bit less good than previous but still the best LP I got by 2024 so far

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:07 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Sacrificial Vein - Black Terror Genesis (March 15th)

Interesting black metal coming out in a week. From the lone single released, seems like a mix between out-and-out brutality and some dissonance. I'll keep an eye out for this.

https://sacrificialvein.bandcamp.com/al ... or-genesis

I like what I'm hearing... very much so!

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 am 

Doom/death metal band Funeral Leech will release a new album on April 5th.

The new song is good. Perhaps a bit all over the place, but I don't mind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLA6dhQtiNI

I'd advise you to hold off on what is likely to be a negative review and give this album the perspective it deserves.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:13 pm 

Sólstafir just announced they've signed with Century Media and will have a new album out near the end of the year.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:51 pm 

Possible new Sarpanitum this year, according to the Willowtip FB. Pulling for that! One of their members apparently left the band in recent years, but the main songwriter is still anchoring it, so there's a good chance they'll produce another strong release. Looking forward to it.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:32 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Possible new Sarpanitum this year, according to the Willowtip FB. Pulling for that! One of their members apparently left the band in recent years, but the main songwriter is still anchoring it, so there's a good chance they'll produce another strong release. Looking forward to it.

As long as Leon Macey still on drums, I'm good. And yes, it's awesome news for death metal fans.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:17 pm 

Scarcity - The Promise of Rain (July 12)

I really liked Aveilut, and this new track sounds promising. Be warned, though: this band plays an experimental brand of black metal and the new track is going to sound annoying to those who aren't fans. You'll know why when you hear it. For me, it just makes me excited to hear the rest of it. Sounds like they've evolved their sound even more.

https://scarcity-nyc.bandcamp.com/album ... se-of-rain

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:51 pm 

Meyhnach just announced that he's rebirthing Mutiilation, so that's going to be huge. Maybe this year?

Aquilus signed to Northern Silence and confirmed that Bellum II will be this year. That will definitely be my AOTY.

Still waiting for the new record from The Axis Of Perdition...

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:54 pm 

New Mutiilation is called Black Metal Cult and it’s up for preorder at Osmose already!! Looking forward to this.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:58 pm 

The new Apparition sounds good so far. Dissonant death metal with some nods to Disembowelment, a few melodic characteristics and the band even plays a brief homage to Blackheim of early Katatonia on the last track. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RemzTtuFF8U

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:25 pm 

colin040 wrote:
The new Apparition sounds good so far.

Just finishing my second listen, this is some top stuff. Dynamic and versatile, quite like it.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:46 pm 

Kvaen have signed to Metal Blade and their new album The Formless Fires will be out on June 21.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:04 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Kvaen have signed to Metal Blade and their new album The Formless Fires will be out on June 21.

Kvaen and In Aphelion in the same year? Don't mind if I do! My high energy meloblack needs shall be fulfilled.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:09 am 

Folterkammer, operistic metal project, I find it enjoyable, upcoming -

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:56 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Scarcity - The Promise of Rain (July 12)

I really liked Aveilut, and this new track sounds promising. Be warned, though: this band plays an experimental brand of black metal and the new track is going to sound annoying to those who aren't fans. You'll know why when you hear it. For me, it just makes me excited to hear the rest of it. Sounds like they've evolved their sound even more.

https://scarcity-nyc.bandcamp.com/album ... se-of-rain

Fuck me i'm excited for this, their first album was one of my favorites of 2022!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next