Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:43 pm 

Hey Howie, finally got my hands on a copy of Legacy and I bloody love it, any reservations I had about it went flying out the window once I heard it. Definitely one my albums of the year. Count me in for a CD copy of the new album.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:49 pm 

Cauldron_Born wrote:
The title of the next Cauldron Born album is taken from the novel I am currently working on. The novel features my character, Argantyr, who is a barbarian swordsman who transforms into a werewolf. Some of you may have already read my Argantyr stories in the SWORDS OF STEEL volumes, or my collection THE SNAKE-MAN'S BANE.

The reason I am mentioning this is I am planning on doing a crowdfunding campaign for the album and I was thinking of offering the novel as one of the perks. Are any of you interested in the book, or do you just want the album?

Howie

I don't read enough fantasy anyway, so sure, I'd be down for a book as well as the album.

Been driving around to the latest Briton Rites and CB albums all day. This is how you keep on staying relevant.

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:04 pm 

I'd be down for a crowdfunding. Bonuses, especially ones that work with the actual music, like a novel that a concept album is based around, can only be a plus. Super excited to hear new material.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:14 pm 

Crowdfunding seems like a cool idea, I'd definitely be interesting in reading the novel. I'm always interested in delving deeper into the mythos/concepts surrounding albums so it would be cool to have something that focuses more on that.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:14 pm 

MetlaNZ wrote:
Hey Howie, finally got my hands on a copy of Legacy and I bloody love it, any reservations I had about it went flying out the window once I heard it. Definitely one my albums of the year. Count me in for a CD copy of the new album.

I am glad you ended up liking the album,MetlaNZ. Are you a sword-and-sorcery fiction fan?

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:19 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Cauldron_Born wrote:
The title of the next Cauldron Born album is taken from the novel I am currently working on. The novel features my character, Argantyr, who is a barbarian swordsman who transforms into a werewolf. Some of you may have already read my Argantyr stories in the SWORDS OF STEEL volumes, or my collection THE SNAKE-MAN'S BANE.

The reason I am mentioning this is I am planning on doing a crowdfunding campaign for the album and I was thinking of offering the novel as one of the perks. Are any of you interested in the book, or do you just want the album?

Howie

I don't read enough fantasy anyway, so sure, I'd be down for a book as well as the album.

Been driving around to the latest Briton Rites and CB albums all day. This is how you keep on staying relevant.

Empyreal, thanks for telling me this. This keeps me going.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:22 pm 

doomicus wrote:
I'd be down for a crowdfunding. Bonuses, especially ones that work with the actual music, like a novel that a concept album is based around, can only be a plus. Super excited to hear new material.

Doomicus, I am planning on a limited edition album cover for the crowdfunded pressing, it will also be the cover for the book and will be featured on a T-shirt, as well.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:25 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Crowdfunding seems like a cool idea, I'd definitely be interesting in reading the novel. I'm always interested in delving deeper into the mythos/concepts surrounding albums so it would be cool to have something that focuses more on that.

Kalaratri, definitely what I have in mind. Thanks for the feedback.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:27 am 

Cauldron_Born wrote:
MetlaNZ wrote:

I am glad you ended up liking the album,MetlaNZ. Are you a sword-and-sorcery fiction fan?

Definitely got into it when I was younger. RE Howard, Michael Moorcock and David Gemmel in particular, Savage Sword, Slaine, Kull and Solomon Kane too. Also dig Lovecraft and not S&S but I'm a big fan of Bernard Cornwell. These days the eyes sadly struggle to stay open when I pick up a book.
However the crowdfunding, the connection to the album and a barbarian swordsman who transforms into a bloody werewolf (how fuckin cool is that?!) makes me very tempted mate.
Thanks to covid and transport issues USPS has unfortunately stopped shipping to NZ and Aus, hopefully only temporally, but who knows. When you've got something finalised I'll look into it.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:41 am 

MetlaNZ wrote:
Cauldron_Born wrote:
MetlaNZ wrote:

Definitely got into it when I was younger. RE Howard, Michael Moorcock and David Gemmel in particular, Savage Sword, Slaine, Kull and Solomon Kane too. Also dig Lovecraft and not S&S but I'm a big fan of Bernard Cornwell. These days the eyes sadly struggle to stay open when I pick up a book.
However the crowdfunding, the connection to the album and a barbarian swordsman who transforms into a bloody werewolf (how fuckin cool is that?!) makes me very tempted mate.
Thanks to covid and transport issues USPS has unfortunately stopped shipping to NZ and Aus, hopefully only temporally, but who knows. When you've got something finalised I'll look into it.

I'll see about working digital downloads into the crowdfunder.

BrainScan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:14 am 

Cauldron_Born wrote:
Matt and I talk about the new album on the Monsters,Madness, and Magic podcast from a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/5pUr7KEkUtM

This was a great listen. Looking forward to the new record and would definitely appreciate a book tier as part of your campaign.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:23 pm 

BrainScan wrote:
Cauldron_Born wrote:
Matt and I talk about the new album on the Monsters,Madness, and Magic podcast from a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/5pUr7KEkUtM

This was a great listen. Looking forward to the new record and would definitely appreciate a book tier as part of your campaign.

BrainScan, thanks for listening. I'm glad you enjoyed the podcast. Also, thanks for the feedback!

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:48 pm 

LEGACY OF ATLANTEAN KINGS limited edition cassette. There are a couple copies on Bandcamp.

https://cauldronborn1.bandcamp.com/albu ... tean-kings

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:56 pm 

I've also listed three copies of the SWORD AND SORCERY HEAVY METAL black vinyl. When those are gone there will be no more.

https://cauldronborn1.bandcamp.com/albu ... eavy-metal

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:34 pm 

I've listed two copies of LEGACY OF ATLANTEAN KINGS on black vinyl at my bandcamp page.

https://cauldronborn1.bandcamp.com/albu ... tean-kings

I've also listed the last two cassette copies of BRITON RITES-FOR MIRCALLA on the BR Bandcamp page.

https://britonrites.bandcamp.com/album/for-mircalla

Howie

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:36 am 

I just added test pressings of LEGACY OF ATLANTEAN KINGS and SWORD AND SORCERY HEAVY METAL. There is one copy of each.
https://cauldronborn1.bandcamp.com/

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2