Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 pm 

Quote:
Resolve is MindMaze's third full-length and first-ever conceptual album. Female-fronted metal with elements of power, progressive, traditional heavy metal, and melodic rock in an exciting package that explores the depth of human emotion and struggling in the face of loss and betrayal.

Track listing
01. Reverie (Instrumental)
02. Fight the Future
03. In This Void (Instrumental)
04. Drown Me
05. Sign of Life
06. Abandon
07. Sanity's Collapse (Instrumental)
08. One More Moment
09. Twisted Dream
10. True Reflection
11. Shattered Self
12. Release
13. The Path to Perseverance

Not sure how many people here are fans of this band, but I got their first album when it came out and really enjoyed it. Never was able to find the second album at a good price, but I'm listening to this third one now and it's pretty good. Definitely more prog-oriented than their debut, but they always seemed to be a prog band at heart. Only about halfway through so far, and this is a monster album, so it will take a lot of listens to sink in, but it's pretty bearable for prog (a style which I don't like that much).

I can't really give any easy comparisons because I don't listen to a lot of this stuff, but Mindmaze has some major Savatage-isms in their music at points.

Also, the band is embarking on a North America tour supporting Arkona and Sirenia! I've been waiting since 2013 to see them, so definitely looking forward to this! Tour dates here: https://www.facebook.com/mindmazeband/?fref=ts

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:42 pm 

Great band. Yeah, they're somewhat difficult to categorize, but I would just call it power/prog. I thought Back from the Edge was a step up from the debut, so I've got high expectations for this one.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:48 pm 

I just added this band (and a few allegedly-similar bands) to my list of stuff to listen to soon, so it's pretty lucky a new album's coming out if I turn out to really like them. And if that new song is any indication, that shouldn't be too hard.

Reply to topic