Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheMausoleumHorde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:09 pm 

Hey, we are in works to put out a split with another band and are in charge of the layout and kinda just realized I don't exactly have a lot of splits or anything in my collection....

What are some of your favorite splits and how are they layed out usually ? Just looking for some examples just to get an idea .

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:28 pm 

An honest and friendly thought I'd like to get across to you: Instead of succumbing to the "norm", conforming to "established" standards and what not, why not just follow your own creative instincts and come up with something of your own in the process? I mean, do you rather want to join the faceless masses or set out to express and develop your own personality via musical and visual art?
Of course, the two ends of a spectrum (as outlined above) needn't be mutually exclusive and you don't have to fall for a narrow-minded black and white thinking pattern, but I want to encourage you to dare and wander along that spectrum to find an area that reflects YOU.

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:31 pm 

Vlad Tepes/Belketre
Necromantia/Varathron
Krisiun/Violent Hate
Moonblood/DSO
DSO/CB
Pungent Stench/Disharmonic Orchestra
Ancient Rites/Uncanny
Pentacle/Desaster
Altar/Cartilage
Beherit/Archgoat
Horna/Musta Surma
ANTM

TheMausoleumHorde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:46 pm 

DecemberSoul wrote:
An honest and friendly thought I'd like to get across to you: Instead of succumbing to the "norm", conforming to "established" standards and what not, why not just follow your own creative instincts and come up with something of your own in the process? I mean, do you rather want to join the faceless masses or set out to express and develop your own personality via musical and visual art?
Of course, the two ends of a spectrum (as outlined above) needn't be mutually exclusive and you don't have to fall for a narrow-minded black and white thinking pattern, but I want to encourage you to dare and wander along that spectrum to find an area that reflects YOU.

I totally get that and we do have an excellent artist working with us but I feel like it's important just to understand things on a basic level before we make it our own. And it's mostly just a bit of the layout rather than the art direction (though I guess both are intertwined). I have no idea what people do with splits is all I'm saying haha

Reply to topic