Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 pm 

it is getting close, so why not to start new thread...

For me the most expected album is definitely Virus - Memento Collider, I even expect this to be my album of the year.
One of the most consistent bands, each album is a masterpiece... They already played new material for example on this years
Roadburn festival where I was present, and it further strenghthened my already high expectations.

Mithras - On Strange Loops
This one was also on my 2015 watchlist, but now it is evident that they wont make it this year. Anyway, I am really hungry for some more sophisticated death metal masterpiece and I hope that both Mithras and Gorguts could provide us just that in 2016.

Venenum - Trance of Death
One of the more interesting new bands playing osdm and maybe adding little bit of something more. It is about time for them to finally release a follow-up of their 2011 EP.

Martröð - EP
Any updates on this?

Last edited by iamntbatman on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Changed thread title to be more clear.

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:19 pm 

Just looked stuff up through an MA advanced search:

Algy's Tank - Sturmpanzer

Haven't listened to the previous one so I don't know how Algy's Tank stands up to the 80s stuff; interested to hear this though.

Ulver - ATGCLVLSSCAP

Very interested in every Ulver release, including the new stuff.

Baphomet's Blood - In Satan We Trust

Great band, new stuff is always exciting.

Chthe'ilist - Le Dernier Crépuscule

Demo was one of the best post-2000 DM demos, so I'm licking my lips for this.

Conan - Revengeance

Haven't got into Conan as much as I wanted to before, hoping this will change my mind because they seem like a band I should really enjoy.

Ketzer - Starless

Preview track was worrying but Endzeit Metropolis was great.

Master - An Epiphany of Hate

Have Master ever made a bad album?

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:30 pm 

Could we get a new Immolation in 2016? I noticed yesterday there were three years between the last two and two years since the last. Could we get a new Morbid Angel in 2016? Hopes up there's a return to the good days of F/G. Surprisingly, I can't get the new Morpheus Descends songs I hated so much in the beginning out of my head, so there might be hope for a decent new album, maybe in 2016? Demilich reunited, only for shows or could there be new stuff? The new material on the compilation was stellar. Always hopes up for the new Divine Eve to finally see the light of day. Also, when the fuck will Beherit finally give us a follow-up to Engram?

All of those are possible, nothing announced from any of them.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:41 pm 

Bölzer - After taking a while to get into their music I am now really into those mind-bending riffs, and can't wait to see how they pull off a full album.

Deathspell Omega - With so many bands copying their style, will they still be relevant?

Blut aus Nord - It's probably going to suck, but I can hope for some more in the vein of Memoria Vetusta, right?

Naðra - Love the demo. Those swirling riffs, sloppy, frantic drumming, and the throat-shredding vocals are just awesome. The preview track doesn't have the same raw charm as the demo, so we'll see if they can make up for that with songwriting.

Cultes des Ghoules - Wasn't blown away with their newest EP, but I still have confidence that they can make a great album.

Virvatulet - Duh. Most awaited full-length in years.

Baptism - The band hasn't made a bad album yet. Finnish black metal by the books. What's not to like?

Malefices - Ancient black metal from Canada. Really fucking mean. I don't know for certain that this is coming, but I have heard rumors...

Death Fortress - Really dig this band. A nice substitute for Hate Forest, but we'll see if they break away from that for their second album.

Dawnbringer - Hasn't been a bad album from these guys yet, and I have every reason to believe this one will be good too. Not sure this album is a 2016 release, but hopeful.

El-Ahrairah - I'm just hoping this album doesn't have too much noise, and is instead a raw black metal masterpiece.

Forteresse - Although I think the band has gotten worse with each album, I'm still hopeful.

And of course, I'm still hoping to be surprised by unexpected releases and new discoveries..

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:43 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Demilich reunited, only for shows or could there be new stuff?

if only man, that would be phenomenal. I hope to at least finally see them playing live at netherlands deathfest

droneriot wrote:
Surprisingly, I can't get the new Morpheus Descends songs I hated so much in the beginning out of my head

I had no idea they have new material out, I must check it out. And I just see they also play on netherlands deathfest, I should better not postpone buying the tickets anymore...

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:46 pm 

New Avantasia is 12 songs, and Tobi always works best in longer form, so I'm fucking stoked. Also hoping we get a new Slough Feg sometime soon.

Neurosphere
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:48 pm 

I am hoping that the new Carcass album will come out next year, as I am pretty certain that they hinted at a new one, (I just hope it's a lot better than the last one, as that was decent but not an up to snuff Carcass). Also that new King Diamond album he keeps hinting at that was supposed to be out this year. They also reckon it's somehow going to beat Abigail or The Eye as they said it was going to be their best work so far, but a part of me doubts that.

Not really looking forward to anything else as I don't follow news on new releases, but the two I mentioned seem to be rumours but the band had started them. Most metal albums of today I find to be lacking significantly so aside from those two, there isn't really much that I am looking forward to. Morbid Angel, to me, have to really make a massive recovery to keep me interested as I haven't found a good album by them since Covenant and by the sounds of it, they took a really weird turn with the last album.

Edit: Some major mistakes, typing from a phone with a keyboard the size of Gary Coleman.

Edit 2: Damn, son. You got me super excited when you said Virus new album I thought you meant the U.K band had somehow reformed.

Last edited by Neurosphere on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:51 pm 

2016 could finally be the year Timeless Miracle releases their 2nd album. I need nothing else in life.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:07 pm 

Klabautamann will finish recording the guitars in January, so very probably it will be a 2016 relase.. It's literally years that i'm eagerly waiting for a followup to the mildly disappointing last album (..compared to the records before)
These guys are geniuses, i'm sure the time they took to write will not be wasted

Hail Spirit Noir has finished writing the new album last month, so probably it will be relased in 2016 too.. and judging by the quality of the two albums before it will surely be a blind buy for me

Also i still hope for a new Centaurus-A relase, the recordings were finished in mid 2014, but then they totally disappeared!

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:08 pm 

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Have Master ever made a bad album?

Yep..."Collection of Souls" fucking sucks. Really, the majority of Master's discography is pretty bad when you really analyse it :lol:. I guess I'm just mad because Paul was kind of an asshole when I met him...but fuck him, I always preferred Death anyway :lol:.

As far as new albums, I really can't wait for the new Brutality, and I'm hoping that King Diamond releases his new album next year. I haven't heard anything about Necrophobic making a new one, but with Anders Stokirk back on vocals, I'm really excited to hear what they have in store. Also...believe it or not, I'm really interested to hear the new Entombed A.D. for some reason, and especially Demonaz's version of Immortal. Hopefully they both live up to the hype!

Rainbow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:11 pm 

The long awaited KING FUCKING DIAMOND record that will be recorded in the winter. Please god let it be out by Halloween.

I'm also betting on that new Running Wild album that has probably been finished for a while but they are sitting on it to probably promote some one-off summer show so Rolf can fill the coffers.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:14 pm 

Some of the stuff that we will release this year:

New Excommunion album
New Lantern album
New Thantifaxath EP
Cabal - Midian LP
Sarcasm - Burial Dimensions
New Ripper album
Chthe'ilist LP
Ellorsith/Mannveira split LP
Insanity - Visions of Apocalypse LP
New Begrime Exemious LP
New Blood Incantation LP
New Spectral Voice LP
New Ritual Necromancy LP
Mitochondrion - demo LP
Sheidim debut album
Ruinous debut album

This isn't all inclusive but gives you a pretty good idea.

Last edited by ogmetal on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:15 pm 

Collection of Souls is still a lot better than Faith Is in Season.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:18 pm 

And yes, I think the new Divine Eve will finally get released in 2016.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:03 pm 

New Megadeth, Anthrax, Vektor, Exmortus, and Obscura are what I am looking forward to as of now.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:12 pm 

Avantasia - Ghostlights (Robert Mason, Marco Hietala, and Jorn!)
Primal Fear - Rulebreaker (I just started to listen to them over the past week. They have some catchy stuff)
Rhapsody of Fire - Into The Legend (Italian power metal is the best power metal)
Sabaton - (Sundstrom said they're going to release an album at the end of the next Summer)
Amaranthe - (Olof/Elize said they're releasing an album next year)

I'm wondering if Excalion will release a new album, considering they just added a new vocalist this year (Marcus Lang).

Zelkiiro - I hope Timeless Miracle packages their first album with their new one if they release it.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:20 pm 

slavonic777 wrote:
droneriot wrote:
Demilich reunited, only for shows or could there be new stuff?

if only man, that would be phenomenal. I hope to at least finally see them playing live at netherlands deathfest

I do believe Demilich (which means Antti Boman essentially) is writing new music. I've read comments on their Facebook page that seem to indicate that.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:16 pm 

Metallica doesn't get a lot of love from metalheads anymore, but I would at least be curious as to what the next album will be like. (remember I was one of those who actually really LIKED Death Magnetic.) This will be a band career record eight years between albums- shattering the previous record of six years between Re-load and St Anger.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:23 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Metallica doesn't get a lot of love from metalheads anymore, but I would at least be curious as to what the next album will be like. (remember I was one of those who actually really LIKED Death Magnetic.) This will be a band career record eight years between albums- shattering the previous record of six years between Re-load and St Anger.

You forgot Lulu, it's still a Metallica album! :-P

I'm looking forward to the next Cauchemar album, I've heard that it will have some sort of progressive edge. Crick just told me that there's a new Ningen-Iu album coming in 2016 so that too!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:29 pm 

Destroyer 666 were in the studio this past summer recording a new album, so we'll probably be seeing it sometime next year. Can't wait, it's been way too long since Defiance.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:48 pm 

I'm really looking forward to the new Church of Misery album entitled And Then There Were None.... The album has an interesting cast of musicians associated with it, including Scott Carlson on vocals and there were jam sessions in Maryland, which is pretty cool. :) I'm wondering how Scott Carlson will sound on this album, and also really looking forward to which serial killers they will be singing about.

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:48 pm 

Haven't got much on my 2016 list yet. Just Aborted- Termination Redux.
Rotting Christ should have theirs out sometime in 2016, since they're entered the studio. And I would like to see a new Amaranthe, but I haven't heard anything concrete.

devil1111
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:12 pm 

Metal Church with Mike Howe , can't wait

Church13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:17 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Could we get a new Immolation in 2016? I noticed yesterday there were three years between the last two and two years since the last.

It came out May 2013, so closer to 3 years than 2 now. I remember seeing a Nuclear Blast flyer early this year and Immolation was on there for a new album due 2015 but obviously they didn't make it. Hopefully soon

Wormed, Fleshgod Apocalypse and the Aborted EP are due first quarter. I guess we can expect another Cryptopsy EP? Gorguts is supposedly releasing their one song LP or EP early this year.

I know Defeated Sanity is done with their album, and Dying Fetus and Suffocation were both recently writing/recording material. I read a while back in an interview that Misery Index were working on an EP as well, and Neurosis was writing an album early 2015 but that may have been shelved due to Scott Kelly's wife being ill.

As far as speculation goes, if Anaal Nathrakh keep to their recent release schedule, we can expect an album later in 2016. It's been 3 years since Converge released an album so I'd really like to see that soon, and then there's Dark Funeral. Pig Destroyer has also been quiet except that strange EP

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:20 pm 

Looking forward to the new Vektor and Brutality. Monstrosity is working on a new album. Fleshcrawl also has new material coming out but as a split.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:42 pm 

I'm waiting for Vintersorg's Till Fjälls part II that is almost recorded. Otyg also reunited and they should be working on new songs.

I wonder if Empyrium will work on new music in 2016 as well. I liked The Turn of the Tides but they are capable of more.

I also expect Portal releasing new music, hopefully more in the mindbending style of Seepia.

Will Horgh and Demonaz release something as Immortal next year? I hope so.

(I also expect to release the Forestfather's 'proper' debut).

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:07 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
New Excommunion album

fuck yeah, I was not expecting this at all. That seemed to come out of nowhere. Loved their first one, will definitely keep an eye out for this one!

And I know Immolation's drummer suffered an injury recently, so that may have held up their new album progress perhaps. Certainly hoping for something next year

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:41 pm 

DrummingEdge133 wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the new Church of Misery album entitled And Then There Were None.... The album has an interesting cast of musicians associated with it, including Scott Carlson on vocals and there were jam sessions in Maryland, which is pretty cool. :) I'm wondering how Scott Carlson will sound on this album, and also really looking forward to which serial killers they will be singing about.

This is my number one most anticipated album as well. Probably the only other one I've seen announced that should be coming out in 2016 that I'm excited about is new Quartz, with Geoff Nichols (long time Black Sabbath keyboardist) back on guitar. The teaser they posted recently was a lot more down-tuned and doomy than I was expecting, but we'll see if that is representative of the whole album.

Draehl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:14 pm 

Bölzer
Forteresse
Hopefully Wardruna...

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:17 am 

I haven't seen a whole lot of albums announced for 2016, but a few have piqued my interest.

I am looking forward to the next Megadeth release, even if I doubt that it will be anything special. Still curious to see how it comes out.

I really enjoyed Striker's last album, so I'm really looking forward to their next.

I also remember Myrath, Wo Fat, and Exmortus all announcing new releases on facebook, so I will be sure to check those out.

I'm sure that I will give new Rhapsody of Fire and Avantasia listens, although I expect more of the same from both. I like both bands, but also get bored of them relatively quickly.

In terms of bands that I have heard nothing from, I would love a new Amon Amarth, Insomnium, or Be'lakor album.

stefan86
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:01 am 

Psyched about Katatonia and Deftones.

Add me on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stefan86

Colmillos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:00 am 

Death Angel for me.
Then hopefully we see Warbringer, Testament, Metallica and Megadeth all release something.
Hoth is another one who I hope to see in 2016.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:09 am 

In addition to Church of Misery and Quartz, Sarissa and Wotan are both in the middle of recording new albums, I'm hoping they'll both be out by 2016.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:20 am 

The new D666 should finally see the daylight,
same goes with Nokturnal Mortum.
Also pre-ordering the new Ulver, loved Messe to no end.

Morte_lenta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:15 am 

Dimmu Borgir - I hope they don't fuck it up again.

Gojira - I hope they don't fuck it up again²

Ihsahn - I'm not a great fan of his solo work, but I want to see it.

Amon Amarth - it seems that they are working in new stuff, I hope it's true.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:24 am 

Kveldulfr wrote:
I'm waiting for Vintersorg's Till Fjälls part II that is almost recorded. Otyg also reunited and they should be working on new songs.

I wonder if Empyrium will work on new music in 2016 as well. I liked The Turn of the Tides but they are capable of more.

I also expect Portal releasing new music, hopefully more in the mindbending style of Seepia.

Have you listened to Empyrium´s new EP? both sons are great in my opinion. I am quite hopeful with the new album. :)

Abbath and Immortal/Demonaz will release new stuff, not very excited but I am curious.

New Rotting Christ should slay as always, I think it will be released in february/march.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:54 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:

Have you listened to Empyrium´s new EP? both sons are great in my opinion. I am quite hopeful with the new album. :)

Yeah, both tracks are great, although the title track could have been longer, it has a lot of places to go. I already like better the production on the Ep than TToTT.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:59 am 

It's been long enough now that we can hopefully get a new Pharaoh album following their usual timeline (every four years) and possibly a new Atlantean Kodex, if they're going to do it every three years or so. Who knows, but that would be a killer year.

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:53 pm 

The first interesting releases of 2016 start seeping in, and it's starting to look good!

First and foremost I'm looking forward to:

The Vision Bleak - Into the Unknown
Grailknights - recently announced ep
Iced Earth - The Judas Goat
Megadeth - Dystopia (the first single didn't sound bad)
Rhapsody of Fire - Into the Legend (although I guess it won't have the quality of the pre-2010 albums)
Pain - (Peter Tägtgren announced he would have something before the summer festivals)

Some things I hope will happen

Destiny - Climate Change
Kull - yet to be named first album (if it happens this year, guys have been very silent for very long)
Wintersun - Time II (if Jari can get to his senses and just record the damn thing already)
Volbeat - album 6
Rammstein - album 7
Sabaton - album 8 (if they stick to their 2-year cycle, it should happen)

Manowar have also some release planned (the one where studio time forced to cancel an entire tour), but given their last subpar efforts, I doubt it will be anything of worth. And there's Metallica that might release something before the end of 2016, but Death Magnetic never really caught me.

WillyB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:53 pm 

I keep hearing rumors of Deathspell Omega dropping something new next year so that would be on the top of my list if I could get some confirmation if it's really happening.
Also going to check out new Nokturnal Mortum and Ulver. Other than that I haven't heard of many albums that have caught my interest yet. I'm still finding shit from this year.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next