* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mordremoth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:43 pm 

frostyj66 wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Damn, I forgot about this band. Trilateral Progression is my favourite release by them but everything since has been good, too. I wonder what the deal is with them.

Mate same here, great album. I actually discovered them when they played Thought Adjuster on 3 Hours of Power/Full Metal Racket back in the day, been a fan since. I miss their vocalist from that album as he reminded me a bit of the legendary Sylvain Houde from Kataklysm.

also wondered this. trilateral progression is one of my favorite tech death releases. so solid.

WarriorFenix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:13 am 

Dragonland - took them well over a year to release their last album after uploading a track from it. Then when the album came out they just seemed to disappear again. I know one of the members is involved with Amaranthe.

Sucks cause their output has been really strong.

I've given up on Lost Horizon ever reappearing.

Dream Evil was another that sprung to mind as well as the vocalist from Persuader (who's name escapes me) other projects like Savage Circus and Dark Empire?

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:28 am 

WarriorFenix wrote:
Dream Evil was another that sprung to mind as well as the vocalist from Persuader (who's name escapes me) other projects like Savage Circus and Dark Empire?

He left Dark Empire after Humanity Dethroned and they got another singer and put out a shitty album. They have since disbanded.

He also left Savage Circus, and I'm not sure what they have been up to since.

He is still in Persuader though (which is the best of the 3 in my opinion) and they are set to release new material next year.

Red_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:39 am 

Does anyone have any information on Circle of Dead Children? It's been more than 6 years since they released their latest, and theif FB page seems "abandoned".

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:16 am 

And Oceans/Havoc Unit/Festerday
From what I can glean from their MA page, HU changed their name to Festerday, but they haven't actually recorded anything. Nor have any of the side projects of the various members. Which means none of the former AO members have produced anything in the last 8 or 9 years.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:32 am 

Conan Troutman wrote:
Anata

there was this in may: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115190

so hopefully we'll hear more from them soon

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:01 pm 

joppek wrote:
Conan Troutman wrote:
Anata

How the fuck did I absolutely forget this band considering The Conductor's Departure was a goddamn tech death masterpiece (?) Really excited for their new stuff. Fingers crossed.

StillDeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:16 am 

Nocturnal Rites - they are one of the best power metal bands in my view. Save for one missfire, their music is just joy for the ears, Hammerfall/Dream Evil may sound similar but can't touch that.

Are they still touring or in the studio, or are their members performing elsewhere?

Crescent_Moon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:11 pm 

I really miss Runemagick. Hope they will record something in future because new projects of Niklas (Necrocurse and Funeral Orchestra) in my opinion are weak.

I would join company who expect something new from Darkwoods My Betrothed - unique band worth to be awaited.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:15 pm 

For completely limp and lazy death/doom with zero substance whatsoever you can get your fix from Ophis instead.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:45 pm 

Auch wrote:
Mirrorthrone? I know Vladimir released a new Weeping Birth album last year and mentioned on Facebook a few years ago that he was working on a new Mirrorthrone album but it has been quite some time since that announcement.

At the same time I'm wondering whatever happened with his Accurst Journey and Deafening Lonliness projects. AFAIK both have had maybe one or two leaked songs and....that's it. Hell Deafening Lonliness has existed since like 2006/2007 too

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:35 pm 

The Red Tower wrote:
Anyone knows something about "John Gallow" (John Gallo's solo project besides Orodruin and Blizaro)? He wanted to release his second full-length in 2015 "before the end of the year". He even published an album title and cover art. I've been following his facebook ever since but not a single word about the new album.....

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/John_Gallow/3540383487
https://www.facebook.com/johngallowvioletdreams

I'm sure he'll release something eventually. he's a really busy guy, musically, and recently said that he wanted to slow down a bit. He's still playing though of course...my band is doing a gig with orodruin next month. What I really want to know is when their new album is coming? It's been promised for years and I always bug Gallo about it. haha
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:49 pm 

Expedience wrote:
And Oceans/Havoc Unit/Festerday
From what I can glean from their MA page, HU changed their name to Festerday, but they haven't actually recorded anything. Nor have any of the side projects of the various members. Which means none of the former AO members have produced anything in the last 8 or 9 years.

I was wondering this recently, too. I was really hoping for another Havoc Unit album because I really enjoy h.IV+. But I was still keen on hearing something from Festerday since all that happened there were some demos. Maybe something will happen soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Crescent_Moon wrote:
I really miss Runemagick. Hope they will record something in future because new projects of Niklas (Necrocurse and Funeral Orchestra) in my opinion are weak.

I miss Runemagick, too. Their later albums are all really killer death/doom but I doubt anything more is going to emerge from that band. :(

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:25 am 

Thorns remain the undisputed champion of such thrads. Even Mysticum managed to give us Planet Satan after, what, 17 years? I wish Snorre would get his act together instead of wasting his talent as Satyr's occasional guest yes-man.

Whatever happened to Dawn and Vinterland? Both were ostensibly reactivated but everything has remained as dead quiet as ever so far.

For whoever mentioned Carpathian Forest so many posts ago: they're rather active live, but several members went on without Nattefrost in The Third Attempt. There have been talks of a new album in years but obviously nothing beyond that.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:27 am 

Whoever asked about Dying Fetus earlier: the new issue of Decibel reports they'll drop a new album called 'Wrong One to Fuck With', which is slightly badass, mostly goofy as shit lmao

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:40 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
Thorns remain the undisputed champion of such thrads. Even Mysticum managed to give us Planet Satan after, what, 17 years? I wish Snorre would get his act together instead of wasting his talent as Satyr's occasional guest yes-man.

Yeah. Another Thorns album would be fantastic, but it looks more and more unlikely with each passing year.

Any word on All Shall Perish? Last album This is Where it Ends came out in 2011.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:51 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:

Only because Thorns is much more well-known than Godkiller.

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:20 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Any word on All Shall Perish? Last album This is Where it Ends came out in 2011.

Most (maybe all) of the classic lineup got back together early this year with intentions to record a new album. They just started recording in the last like month or two, so the release has been pushed to next year.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:28 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:

Only because Thorns is much more well-known than Godkiller.

I know your stance on godkiller's post-EP stuff, but don't you think thorns being way more well-known is actually quite logical (and well-deserved imo)?
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:24 pm 

I was referring to the time since the next album was announced.

And full-length-wise, Godkiller is definitely superior to Thorns, since each Godkiller album has more than two good songs.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:14 pm 

Turd Blaster wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Most (maybe all) of the classic lineup got back together early this year with intentions to record a new album. They just started recording in the last like month or two, so the release has been pushed to next year.

Ah, cool! Thanks for the info. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:16 am 

droneriot wrote:
I was referring to the time since the next album was announced.

And full-length-wise, Godkiller is definitely superior to Thorns, since each Godkiller album has more than two good songs.

right, my bad. did the duke actually do announce a "new album"? and if yes, when and did he disclose any details, working title etc.? just asking, I never heard about this. I thought GK was done for good.

I disagree on the 2nd part, the thorns full-length crushes anything GK ever did, even though especially GK's demo/Ep material is excellent.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:31 am 

Didn't even think of Godkiller for this thread as I believed that act to be long dead and gone myself.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:38 am 

He announced a new album just a few months of Deliverance, then tumbleweeds for two years or so, then he put up a new website around 2003 saying he shelved all material he had planned for the third album and was putting together new material and the new album would come, then tumbleweeds and some cricket sounds, then a few years later some word about the album still coming, after that even the tumbleweeds and crickets fell silent.

He probably started having a real life, and unless they keep busy being white genocide YouTube stars that usually means a complete vanishing act for one man bands.

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:59 pm 

joppek wrote:
Conan Troutman wrote:
Anata

Fingers crossed. Amazing band.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:12 pm 

droneriot wrote:
He probably started having a real life, and unless they keep busy being white genocide YouTube stars that usually means a complete vanishing act for one man bands.

:lol:

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:33 pm 

Anyone know what the Negative Plane boys are up to?

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:57 pm 

chaos_orb wrote:
Anyone knows what happened to Menhir? Their last album, Hildebrandslied, is from 2007, and it is really awesome. Their facebook page and their web presence haven't been updated in at least three years, but they seem to be playing every year at Ragnarök festival, that's the only sign of living from them.

I think a couple of the members seem to be busy playing with Odroerir for now. That's all I know. So maybe Menhir are taking a break.

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:50 am 

Anyone know what's going on with Riverside? They've been quiet since Piotr died.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:46 am 

traxan wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with Riverside? They've been quiet since Piotr died.

They really haven't, if you follow their Facebook. Basically, the remaining members decided to continue on without a constant fourth member (they will be using a hired gun for touring and maybe recording, but not for writing, it seems). They released the "Eye of the Soundscape" compilation of ambient/instrumental tracks, as well as a book (don't think it's translated yet).

At the same time, Riverside seems to be pushed back temporarily in favor of other things. I remember both Mariusz Duda and Michal Lapaj announcing side projects, and Lunatic Soul had a FB status of something like "Happy 2017, it's time to come back", so maybe Mariusz has been working on that as well. So - no gigs or albums for Riverside in the near future, but the band will remain active.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

marcusgodumb
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:06 am 

Anybody know what happened to Augury? I thought Fragmentary Evidence had the craziest atmosphere and energy and thought they would for sure be making new music

Also Beyond Creation (more of me being out of the loop) and The Amenta?

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:43 pm 

Does anyone know what happened to Sadus?

MikeyC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:58 pm 

marcusgodumb wrote:
Anybody know what happened to Augury? I thought Fragmentary Evidence had the craziest atmosphere and energy and thought they would for sure be making new music

Also Beyond Creation (more of me being out of the loop) and The Amenta?

Augury are recording:
Quote:
Mathieu and Patrick are currently finishigh to build the recording booth for the vocal sessions that will start in the next few days.
2017 will be a busy yeay for Augury. The recording process of the new album is about 60% done.
We really look forward to share our new material with you guys!
Stay tuned!

Beyond Creation are still active and touring a lot to my knowledge so they're fine.

The Amenta don't appear to be really busy at the moment but I think they're still active. Last album was a personal disappointment but I know they'll get back to their best if another album is realised.

blackmantram wrote:

At this point I hope they've split up. Last good album was A Vision of Misery so it's been two decade and change of garbage. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:13 am 

The current situation of The Crescent bugs me. It's not so long ago since their last album (2013), but there's been no updates in their Facebook page in a long time. They said in their interviews at the time, that there would be new material soon after Risti.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:45 am 

MikeyC wrote:
blackmantram wrote:

At this point I hope they've split up. Last good album was A Vision of Misery so it's been two decade and change of garbage. :)

Well, the two decades are really just two albums, and Elements of Anger was not even that bad, though not quite up to par of the first three. Out for Blood... well... mostly horrid. I remember them doing some shows in Europe something like 6 years ago (my friend saw them at a festival), but after that, they vanished.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

FatTheGates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:58 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
Whatever happened to Dawn and Vinterland? Both were ostensibly reactivated but everything has remained as dead quiet as ever so far.

I was involved with some of the Dawn reissues and they talked about doing another album, but didn't seem particularly concerned about it, and every year or so they mention it again. It seems if they organically come up with another record, they will do one, but they're in no hurry and won't force the issue if the inspiration isn't there.

FatTheGates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:00 am 

WarriorFenix wrote:
Dream Evil was another that sprung to mind.

Dream Evil just finished recording a new album. Should be out by the summer.

FatTheGates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:03 am 

StillDeath wrote:
Nocturnal Rites - they are one of the best power metal bands in my view. Save for one missfire, their music is just joy for the ears, Hammerfall/Dream Evil may sound similar but can't touch that.

Are they still touring or in the studio, or are their members performing elsewhere?

At one point they had decided to put the band on ice, but I recently heard that they wanna do a new album (the same guys with a new lead guitarist, I think) and will be looking for a new label shortly. When I go back and listen to their albums I'm always impressed how consistently strong they are.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:00 pm 

FatTheGates wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:

I was involved with some of the Dawn reissues and they talked about doing another album, but didn't seem particularly concerned about it, and every year or so they mention it again. It seems if they organically come up with another record, they will do one, but they're in no hurry and won't force the issue if the inspiration isn't there.

Thanks for the update!

So what's going on with Myrkskog now that Thor left Morbid Angel and didn't resurface in I Am Morbid (and thank fuck for that)?
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:55 pm 

TheWaltzer wrote:
Well, the two decades are really just two albums, and Elements of Anger was not even that bad, though not quite up to par of the first three. Out for Blood... well... mostly horrid. I remember them doing some shows in Europe something like 6 years ago (my friend saw them at a festival), but after that, they vanished.

I never particularly enjoyed Elements of Anger but that's just me. :) Perhaps they're just on hiatus at the moment.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next